Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: What bands of today are similar to The Stones and Faces sound ?t
Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: September 21, 2019 18:16

lem motlow
It doesn’t matter much, the era is gone. I know we all said “Rock and Roll will never die” but it is indeed dead as a door nail.
No matter how good the guy wearing the fedora does Frank Sinatra the big bands and screaming girls from the 1940s are lost to history and he’s just a fake wearing clothes and singing songs from someone else’s Reality.

Just as the Rock gods of the 60s and 70s are no longer flying in The Starship plundering and pillaging from town to town.
To recreate the look and sound is about as real those guys who dress up and recreate the civil war,you might even be able to play just as authentic as the guys sitting around the campfire did.
But there’s no blood,no smoke, no real gunfire and nobody dies. It’s hollow and not the real thing.
I can’t take any of these guys who try the old styles seriously, it’s like watching Sha Na Na.

I was with you right up to Sha Na Na. And you're still correct, just the slap in the face stings a bit.

Re: What bands of today are similar to The Stones and Faces sound ?t
Date: September 22, 2019 14:06

lem motlow
It doesn’t matter much, the era is gone. I know we all said “Rock and Roll will never die” but it is indeed dead as a door nail.
No matter how good the guy wearing the fedora does Frank Sinatra the big bands and screaming girls from the 1940s are lost to history and he’s just a fake wearing clothes and singing songs from someone else’s Reality.

Just as the Rock gods of the 60s and 70s are no longer flying in The Starship plundering and pillaging from town to town.
To recreate the look and sound is about as real those guys who dress up and recreate the civil war,you might even be able to play just as authentic as the guys sitting around the campfire did.
But there’s no blood,no smoke, no real gunfire and nobody dies. It’s hollow and not the real thing.
I can’t take any of these guys who try the old styles seriously, it’s like watching Sha Na Na.

Maybe we're talking about two different things here. When I refer to authentic rockn roll in this thread, I am speaking of a good song, sung from the heart. Now - THAT is very alive and well. It's just like saying Country died with Hank, or Willie because of this farce that they call 'Country' today. But real Country music is breathing. As is rockn roll. There are many superb, hardly known, or mildly known original bands touring the land in a van. Playing their tunes in clubs on electric guitars. And then there are bands that get big, and manage to do it right.
I totally agree with you that a big part of rock died off - the look, the unknown mystery of it, the danger. This is why bands that try to recreate all that are a joke.
Just as fantastic as Brendan Urie is today, he is very much doing a 'Frank' act.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1597
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home