Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Tonight- Live Stream to... Mars??
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 22, 2019 23:59

Mentioned in the Pasadena live show thread, thought this was interesting enough to warrant a thread for those who maybe don't follow there.

As the Stones arrive in Los Angeles to continue their No Filter tour, there’s a space-related twist in store at the Rose Bowl Stadium

It’s been 25 years since the Rolling Stones played at the Rose Bowl Stadium, so SoCal fans of the legendary British rock band are understandably excited. But, for space fans, there’s a little something extra, as actor Robert Downey Jr. teased in a video he posted this morning: [twitter.com]

"So, what DOES the Rolling Stones, the Rose Bowl, NASA and Robert’s star sign have in common? As he’s an Ares, I’m thinking it’s Mars, a planet that NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory (which is located near the Rose Bowl) knows more than a thing or two about. And the Stones have a song called “2,000 Light Years From Home”…? OK, I’m reaching a bit on the latter (besides, Mars is much closer to Earth than 2,000 light-years), but there’s definitely something a little Martian going on. Will Curiosity beep a Rolling Stones song from Mount Sharp? Has it got something to do with the upcoming NASA Mars 2020 mission? Will the Mars InSight lander make a cameo? Who knows. But I’m all for melding science with music, so I’m excited."
[astroengine.com]

Re: Tonight- Live Stream to... Mars??
Posted by: snorton ()
Date: August 23, 2019 00:05

Maybe they play 2000 light years!

Re: Tonight- Live Stream to... Mars??
Posted by: HouseBoyKnows ()
Date: August 23, 2019 00:09

Child of the Moon

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1528
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home