Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678
Current Page: 8 of 8
Re: Pasadena show 22-August-2019 live updates - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 25, 2019 05:45

black n blue
Same damn set list over and over again. So many tunes to play yet they continue with

Same damn band every show too.

Bjornulf

Re: Pasadena show 22-August-2019 live updates - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: August 25, 2019 07:26

bv
black n blue
Same damn set list over and over again. So many tunes to play yet they continue with

And I adore them!

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: August 25, 2019 07:28

steffialicia
bv
black n blue

And I adore them!

steffialicia, we all do.

[www.youtube.com]

Rolling Stones - Slippin Away Live

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: August 26, 2019 05:36

bye bye johnny
From Jose Maria Canpoy:

[twitter.com]

bye bye johnny...The Rose Bowl and Chicago,Soldier Field posters are both my favourites I'm going to frame them both

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-26 05:40 by colonial.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 26, 2019 08:07

Special souvenir fans given away by KLOS radio station at the pre-show Fan Fest - was lucky to get the last one, but was told there might have been more given away inside the venue:

Will go nicely with my 1981 L.A. Coliseum souvenir visor given away by same radio station:

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 26, 2019 18:20

Not official but better than nothing:

[www.Instagram.com] · Large version

Posted by: laurel ()
Date: August 27, 2019 05:09

My (late) perspective on the Rose Bowl show:

We had an incredible time! Going with someone who's a first-timer reminded me of the sublime and surreal moment of realizing the legends are actually there, in person, in front of your face, and of the incredulity of hearing your favorite songs come alive. And indeed, they did. I did see what others have noticed with Keith. One word can describe it: subdued. He was hardly performative, but I don't care. His playing was amazing; that Sympathy blew my mind. Maybe he's just sober and concentrating. I am not worried. They all were on fire, especially Ronnie, who seems to never age one bit. And Mick. Okay, he may not be running football fields, but again, I don't care. What struck me most were his facial expressions, something you can't see from Periscope or Facebook. Grins and grimaces that reminded me of times past and just smiling throughout! His signature moves were all there and then some, and wielding the mike stand like that was fierce. We had the Pit experience for half the show, as long as they would let us stand there, behind it. Then we had to position for spots where our seats were probably supposed to be, about Row 13, in perfect view of the fireworks display. The only slight bit of disappointment for me was it was really not the set list I had hoped for. I had convinced myself we were getting Bitch instead of YGMR and Angie, instead of Sweet Virginia. (When he said Elizabethan folk songs, I wondered if it could be Lady Jane?) I voted for Live With Me, but would have been happy with any of the other three. I thought maybe Keith would pull out Happy or even Little T & A. Also, Gimme Shelter did not do it for me, something was off. I had no idea there were technical issues; it just dragged for me, which I've never felt before. But no matter, SFTD, MR, the encore, it all was 1000% for me, and I savored every moment, as if it were the last bit of caviar in the jar. I just didn't want it to end. And I feel as if it's not over. They are just too in the moment with us. Never mind how I ended up in a wheelchair and on the special bus... that's another story! The security sucked but the Rose Bowl staff were wonderful. It was impossible to find the wristbands, and I bet there are still people in line for the shuttle. My cousin said she has the after-concert blues. I had forgotten to warn her about that and that she'd never be the same again!

Posted by: OhYesMeAgain ()
Date: August 27, 2019 06:40

Privately, to myself, I was hoping for Little T & A, too! That would have been special!

Date: August 27, 2019 06:43

Hairball, I was hoping that I would run into you. I knew that you were attending this show (also I think in the Pit) and I think you were staying in the same hotel as me (The Marriott Courtyard). I hope to run into you during the next Tour!

Date: August 27, 2019 06:46

Also, Laurel, I thought that the Rose Bowl show was great, but I have to say the Santa Clara show really blew my mind in comparison. They played great and I think Mick even out did his usually absolutely extraordinary performance.

Posted by: laurel ()
Date: August 27, 2019 06:58

OhYesMeAgain
Also, Laurel, I thought that the Rose Bowl show was great, but I have to say the Santa Clara show really blew my mind in comparison. They played great and I think Mick even out did his usually absolutely extraordinary performance.

Oh wow! You were lucky to have been at both!

Date: August 27, 2019 11:00

OhYesMeAgain
Hairball, I was hoping that I would run into you. I knew that you were attending this show (also I think in the Pit) and I think you were staying in the same hotel as me (The Marriott Courtyard). I hope to run into you during the next Tour!

Sorry we couldn't meet up darn it!
I wasn't in the Pit, but floor section E, 11 rows behind Pit Ronnie's side.
And I wasn't at the Marriott Courtyard, but at the Sheraton Pasadena.
We'll make it happen next tour for sure! smiling smileythumbs up

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: August 27, 2019 19:35

laurel
OhYesMeAgain

Oh wow! You were lucky to have been at both!

I also think that Santa Clara was better than Pasadena, but Chicago beat both of them.

Date: August 28, 2019 10:17

Hairball, do you think glendale ended up being the best so far -- better than chicago 2 and santa clara - both of which are highly regarded? I attended both chicago shows, santa clara, and pasadena, but i think i missed out on the best show of them all in glendale from what i have been reading and hearing.

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: August 29, 2019 01:05

OhYesMeAgain
Hairball, do you think glendale ended up being the best so far -- better than chicago 2 and santa clara - both of which are highly regarded? I attended both chicago shows, santa clara, and pasadena, but i think i missed out on the best show of them all in glendale from what i have been reading and hearing.

You didn't ask me but I'll answer anyway lol...

Of the five I saw (both Chicago, Santa Clara, Pasadena and Glendale), Chicago 2 was the best, Santa Clara second place. Glendale was good but IMO can't compare to them.

Date: August 29, 2019 01:48

OhYesMeAgain

I've realized it's impossible to say which was the absolute "best so far" as all had many very high points sprinkled with a few weak spots.
And there's too many variables to narrow it down to one - setlists, performances, seat location, venue, city, and all around experience.
In other words they were ALL fantastic for one reason or another.

That said, I have a soft spot for Chicago #2 as it was the first time seeing them again since the underwhelming *Vegas '16 show.
Add when you consider all the ups and downs leading up to the shows itself (Mick's health, postponement, etc.) - to see them explode on stage was euphoric from start to finish.
Ironically, of the shows I attended, I had the furthest seats from the stage at that show (w/my wife) up in Sec 340 about a third of the way back, but it was a perfect perspective to take in the entire spectacle.

Then there's Santa Clara - Lucky Dip Pit 2...enough said. F*cking AMAZING!!!

Pasadena - my home turf in Southern California and at the iconic Rose Bowl, and definitely up there with the rest.
Had a seat 11 rows behind Pit Ronnie's side, and loved every minute of it from the pre-show Fan Fest to the fireworks that ended the night. FANTASTIC!

Glendale is definitely a contender if I was forced to choose - again Lucky Dip Pit 2 (thank you Jesus, thank you lord!)and hanging out with close friends in the Pit.
Mick stepped it up from previous shows, and was the star of the show - absolutely amazing! The show was HOT, HOT, HOT!

Maybe some day I'll analyze the boots and dissect the performance note for note, and maybe then I'll be able to tell you which was "the best" - at least as far as performances go.
But as of right now, I'm floating in Rolling Stones bliss and am thankful for each of the shows I was able to attend for hundreds of different reasons - they were all "the best so far"!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-29 01:53 by Hairball.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: August 29, 2019 01:59

Hairball, you have some luck!
Lucky Dips always mean nosebleeds for me, ok, Glendale wasn’t that bad, but I think it’s always in the cards for me never to get pit when I go Lucky Dip

Date: August 29, 2019 03:26

BluzDude
Hairball, you have some luck!
Lucky Dips always mean nosebleeds for me, ok, Glendale wasn’t that bad, but I think it’s always in the cards for me never to get pit when I go Lucky Dip

Yes I was very lucky this tour Bluzdude, but should be noted that prior to this tour Lucky Dips equated to dogshit which meant I had to somehow manuever my way to a better spot.

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: August 29, 2019 03:43

I think there were fewer mistakes made by the band in Pasadena than in Glendale, but Mick was just crazy good in Glendale! I wasn’t at Chicago or Santa Clara. MetLife 2 blew me away with the 6 songs from Let it Bleed, but Glendale was my favorite. Charlie smiling so much! Mick even laughing sometimes. It was my favorite of the 3 I saw.

Goto Page: Previous12345678
Current Page: 8 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1384
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home