Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5859606162636465666768...LastNext
Current Page: 63 of 84
Re: No Filter Tour 2020
Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: February 2, 2020 16:17

Mr Jimmy
Bjornulf has made a slight tweak to the 2020 Tour page.

Now saying that Austin F1 Racetrack might get a show.

A nice scoop for COTA! If only the US Grand Prix was on the same weekend... grinning smiley

Date: February 2, 2020 16:28

Where do you see Austin is at a race track and not the football stadium?

Date: February 2, 2020 16:36

jumpontopofmebaby

Under "Updates"

"Feb 1: Austin TX F1 racetrack field might get a show"

An example of a stage setup there: [lh4.googleusercontent.com]

Date: February 2, 2020 16:46

WelshEdge1
jumpontopofmebaby

Under "Updates"

Well heck I would love to see them in Austin. I have family there. But if it is at the race track. I’ll pass on that one

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-02 16:47 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 2, 2020 17:38

WelshEdge1
jumpontopofmebaby

Under "Updates"

Gentlemen (and women).. Start your.. er.. Start Me Up!!

Posted by: Jeter1984 ()
Date: February 2, 2020 18:25

It would cost next to nothing to play at SDCCU. It also keeps with the theme of playing NFL Stadiums that are not in season.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: February 2, 2020 18:32

Topi
@babyblue, not sure if this is 100% accurate but it was posted on the Shidoobee Facebook group:

This is 100% inaccurate.

Which means I won't be pulling lucky dips then calling friends for their log ins this time.

Date: February 2, 2020 18:39

Dan
Topi
@babyblue, not sure if this is 100% accurate but it was posted on the Shidoobee Facebook group:

This is 100% inaccurate.

Which means I won't be pulling lucky dips then calling friends for their log ins this time.

Will be interesting to see..
They've been doing this for a while for high demand concerts etc., long before last tour and didn't implement it then.
I think we'll see the same system for LD's as we've had in the past, but either way I'm stocking up on accounts (family/friends/etc) cool smiley

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: February 2, 2020 19:25

daspyknows
jmd
Hairball
Two different twitter'ers ( twits?) have posted San Diego the 17th, with one mentioning Petco which seems a no-go due to baseball game.
The other has no mention of venue, but still, May 17th....hmmmm....a Sunday.....beautiful San Diego.... old stadium about to be demolished...can this be true?
We'll find out soon enough, but something tells me the date might be slightly incorrect.

Don’t know about the 5/17 date; guess we will find out soon enough...or not.

Regarding the venue, it’s my understanding that SDSU’s plan is to build the new stadium adjacent to existing SDCCU/Qualcomm/Murph (presumably in parking lot) with goal to play there in 2022. Existing stadium will remain open for business until that is complete, with no demo to occur until fall 2022 at the earliest. So they could certainly host a Stones concert in May 2020. Whether that’s the plan or not, who knows?

(If I recall correctly, Springsteen did some shows in the old LA Sports Arena months before it was demo’d for new LAFC stadium on same site. I don’t think a building’s imminent demo will deter a promoter from renting it...whether or not it’s a dump.)

Paul McCartney closed Candlestick Party. It was epic. Sort of like the Murph.

Worst traffic jam ever. A lot of people missed the whole concert!

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: February 2, 2020 19:35

Topi

Ticketmaster has introduced some new blockers - to get into a waiting room, we have to sign into TM and have a verification code sent to our cell phone. It will no longer let you into the waiting room without being signed in. And if you are signed into a waiting room in one browser - it will not let you sign into the same account with a second browser. Nor will it let you into a waiting room with the same account on a different computer or device.

I happen to have two Ticketmaster accounts and I was able to give both the same cell phone number and verify the accounts with that number. So if that will let me use two browsers - one account for each - is unknown. I might need a different cell number for each. But I'm thinking I might be able to get into Chrome and Safari with accounts A and B using the same cell number to receive the verification code for the waiting room.

So for Lucky Dips or pit tickets - we might have to collect additional accounts tied to cell phone numbers where the people will text us the verification code if we don't have the phone in our possession. We should test to see if the google voice phone numbers work. We're going to have to play around with this before the sales start and see how we can jump over the blockers. I haven't checked yet to see if I can sign up a third account (for Firefox or the app on my iPad/iPhone) with my same cell number - but I plan to test that.

It is the number associated with your ticketmaster account. I think a google voice number will work. This will also allow them to make it all mobile and non transferable which complicates things a bit for ticketholders.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: February 2, 2020 19:39

sarahunwin
daspyknows
jmd
Hairball
Two different twitter'ers ( twits?) have posted San Diego the 17th, with one mentioning Petco which seems a no-go due to baseball game.
The other has no mention of venue, but still, May 17th....hmmmm....a Sunday.....beautiful San Diego.... old stadium about to be demolished...can this be true?
We'll find out soon enough, but something tells me the date might be slightly incorrect.

Don’t know about the 5/17 date; guess we will find out soon enough...or not.

Regarding the venue, it’s my understanding that SDSU’s plan is to build the new stadium adjacent to existing SDCCU/Qualcomm/Murph (presumably in parking lot) with goal to play there in 2022. Existing stadium will remain open for business until that is complete, with no demo to occur until fall 2022 at the earliest. So they could certainly host a Stones concert in May 2020. Whether that’s the plan or not, who knows?

(If I recall correctly, Springsteen did some shows in the old LA Sports Arena months before it was demo’d for new LAFC stadium on same site. I don’t think a building’s imminent demo will deter a promoter from renting it...whether or not it’s a dump.)

Paul McCartney closed Candlestick Party. It was epic. Sort of like the Murph.

Worst traffic jam ever. A lot of people missed the whole concert!

Wasn't bad for me. I was there early to tailgate. It was a fun day.

Posted by: JAF4JJF ()
Date: February 2, 2020 19:40

You're right, I think only one window and one account at a time. I only have one account, so I hope they still go on sale at the same local time as the shows and they still offer them!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-02 19:42 by JAF4JJF.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 2, 2020 20:17

The tour page has been looking quite lonely for quite some time now, and w/the official announcement rumoured to be just around the corner....

...maybe another rumoured hint w/date/venue/city will be added to the chart prior to official announcement?

And as of now, and with Austin added to the list, there's 13 cities rumoured....not to be superstitious, but surely they don't want to settle on unlucky 13?
I predict another city added to the fray, and hopefully it will be somewhere in the west. San Diego Zip Code '15 was the only show in the west, and it sold so well they could have/should have had another show somewhere out here.
Something tells me they realize that, and are working hard to make it happen - maybe even TWO shows in San Diego - smiling smiley - guess we'll find out soon!

Date: February 2, 2020 20:42

WelshEdge1
Mr Jimmy

A nice scoop for COTA! If only the US Grand Prix was on the same weekend... grinning smiley

Looking at their website for this, unfamiliar with it as a concert venue, but appears to draw some semi-big names to their on-site amphitheater.. [germaniaamp.com]
Smallish it seems, Perhaps they expand seating or play elsewhere at the track ??
Anyone familiar?

Date: February 2, 2020 20:53

MisterDDDD
WelshEdge1
Mr Jimmy

Looking at their website for this, unfamiliar with it as a concert venue, but appears to draw some semi-big names to their on-site amphitheater.. [germaniaamp.com]
Smallish it seems, Perhaps they expand seating or play elsewhere at the track ??
Anyone familiar?

The picture I posted earlier is an example.

Date: February 2, 2020 20:58

WelshEdge1
The picture I posted earlier is an example.
thumbs up missed that, thanks!

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: February 2, 2020 21:03

Looks similar to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway gig in 2015, a first-time concert-only event on their Super Stage?

Anyone have time on the ground at CotA, specifically the Super Stage where the big names play on F1 weekend?

Maybe Memorial Day weekend would be a good slot for this show... seems like a motorcycle riding school is scheduled that weekend, but I remember hearing an Indy car lapping IMS in 2015 before the gates opened for The Stones.

Posted by: Voodookitten76 ()
Date: February 3, 2020 05:39

TKinOH
Looks similar to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway gig in 2015, a first-time concert-only event on their Super Stage?

Anyone have time on the ground at CotA, specifically the Super Stage where the big names play on F1 weekend?

Maybe Memorial Day weekend would be a good slot for this show... seems like a motorcycle riding school is scheduled that weekend, but I remember hearing an Indy car lapping IMS in 2015 before the gates opened for The Stones.

I was there and I'm pretty sure that was Ronnie driving!smiling bouncing smiley

"Nice bit of silk, Em."

Posted by: Voodookitten76 ()
Date: February 3, 2020 05:43

SomeTorontoGirl
northernale1
...If they played somewhere similar to Burls Creek I would attend

Come here lad, let me feel your forehead. I think you’re burning up! grinning smiley

(Still grouchy about the parking lot. I hope to be out by Easter.)

Haha, we got out of there between 4 and 5 in the morning, and maybe half the cars were still in the lot. I'm all for more festival style shows in the countryside, but only if the parking lot has more than one exit.

"Nice bit of silk, Em."

Posted by: MartinStone87 ()
Date: February 3, 2020 12:45

Good day, good Monday for everyone! Hoping this is the wqeek of the announcement !!!

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: February 3, 2020 12:55

MartinStone87
Good day, good Monday for everyone! Hoping this is the wqeek of the announcement !!!

until now there's no official sign for a tour. No billboards, no social media activity. I have the feeling that an announcement doesn't come this week. And I hope so because on February 14 I sadly don't have any time to buy ticket smiling smiley

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 3, 2020 13:45

Agree, a tad too quiet still on the band's side of the court.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-03 13:53 by Topi.

Date: February 3, 2020 14:07

Mick did post a photo of himself?

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 3, 2020 14:25

WelshEdge1
Mick did post a photo of himself?

Yes he does that sometimes and it doesn’t have to be related to work.

Nate

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: February 3, 2020 14:38

johnnythunders
So has anyone else heard the rumour that there will be a European tour in 2020?Comes from a knowledgeable and well placed source...

I hope so - I mean it is pretty galling that the USA are getting dates again!

Date: February 3, 2020 14:42

Well, Europe got two years in a row just recently. If anyone is getting shafted, it's Asia and Oceania. They haven't had shows since 2014 and the clock is ticking.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-03 14:43 by Topi.

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: February 3, 2020 14:44

Topi
Well, Europe got two years in a row just recently. If anyone is getting shafted, it's Asia and Oceania.

The U.K. didn’t get two years in a row....

It really wouldn’t hurt for them to add London dates to the end of this leg of the No Filter Tour. However, it’s not happening so I will have to bide my time.

Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: February 3, 2020 14:52

Minneapolis- probably US Bank stadium

Date: February 3, 2020 14:56

Rollin92, we know the reason UK didn't get any shows in 2017...the official excuse was "no available venues" which we know is bullshit. It had to be a financial/tax issue. See [iorr.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-03 15:00 by Topi.

Date: February 3, 2020 15:04

MizzAmandaJonez
Minneapolis- probably US Bank stadium

I would bet you are correct

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5859606162636465666768...LastNext
Current Page: 63 of 84

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1849
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10