Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5455565758596061626364...LastNext
Current Page: 59 of 84
Re: No Filter Tour 2020
Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: January 30, 2020 23:04

What will be different on this tour vs last year's? Any predictions?smiling smiley

Date: January 30, 2020 23:08

Lucky dip ticket prices will be higher to increase revenue.

On the 7th day God created The Rolling Stones

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: January 30, 2020 23:09

What’s the story w the stadium where the Chargers used to play? My impression is that the shows will all be football stadiums

Posted by: stoneslib ()
Date: January 30, 2020 23:38

Gaetzi
What’s the story w the stadium where the Chargers used to play? My impression is that the shows will all be football stadiums

The former Chargers stadium has been used for San Diego State NCAA football, but the structure will be demolished and renovated as a campus site with a smaller stadium, housing, and more.

SDSU Mission Valley rendering

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: January 30, 2020 23:38

babyblue
Topi
Some talk of two shows in Vancity...

Vancouver?

One show only for Vancouver

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: January 30, 2020 23:41

OneHourPhoto
TornAndFried
rogerriffin
TKinOH
[universal977.com]

Thanks to Rocks Off...

Rumors of 2 gigs possible in Mexico City...

Info from a month back but news nonetheless!

The excitement builds!!

December 28 is "April Fools" day here in Mexico city, it's because the radio station shared those joke news...

Playing in Mexico City is actually not too far fetched. If a South American tour is not economically feasible they may decide to just play Mexico this year as it's an easy drive from the US and they would still make good money there.
Huh?
Mexico City must be close to a 1000 miles from the nearest larger US city like Houston. Hardly would call that easy

Logistically it's "easy" in that they can transport the stage and production equipment to Mexico City by truck rather than flying or shipping it. They did distances of over 1000 miles between shows last summer (i.e. Phoenix to Miami).

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-31 00:29 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: January 30, 2020 23:44

I predict same format which is fine by me. They keep the 2 unplugged songs on the small stage. So-Open with JJF or SMU or SFM. Rotate LSTNT, Out of Control, YGMR, IORR, and Bitch in the 2nd spot. Encore with GS and ICGNS. Only change may be the two most played unplugged songs-Dead Flowers and Sweet Virginia may get replaced. Just my thoughts......

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 31, 2020 00:06

stoneslib
Gaetzi

The former Chargers stadium has been used for San Diego State NCAA football, but the structure will be demolished and renovated as a campus site with a smaller stadium, housing, and more.

SDSU Mission Valley rendering
Thanks for the info..
Still a bit confusing as to the availability/functionality of the existing SDCCU Stadium (old Jack Murphy) for this summer.
Looks like it will be functioning still until the new one is built??

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: January 31, 2020 00:15

man, if they take 3 years away again before coming back to America that'd be 2024.

Definitely go if you're in the States.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: January 31, 2020 00:25

Review from the first time the Stones played St. Louis, in July of 1966...pretty interesting...

[www.stltoday.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 31, 2020 00:31

Chris Fountain
What will be different on this tour vs last year's? Any predictions?smiling smiley

We will all be one year older!

"The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older,
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death". - R. Waters

AND... there may (or may not) be a new album...not that they'll play more than a song or two from it, but still reason to celebrate!

Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: January 31, 2020 00:36

TumblinDice76
I predict same format which is fine by me. They keep the 2 unplugged songs on the small stage. So-Open with JJF or SMU or SFM. Rotate LSTNT, Out of Control, YGMR, IORR, and Bitch in the 2nd spot. Encore with GS and ICGNS. Only change may be the two most played unplugged songs-Dead Flowers and Sweet Virginia may get replaced. Just my thoughts......

I agree. Most shows are far away from last year so no need to ditch the format.

I do think Mick will trot out a new song, regardless of album progress, because he likes staying relevant.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-31 00:37 by tonyc.

Posted by: massmick ()
Date: January 31, 2020 01:36

tonyc
TumblinDice76

I agree. Most shows are far away from last year so no need to ditch the format.

I do think Mick will trot out a new song, regardless of album progress, because he likes staying relevant.

Mick and Keith duet Happy once again on every venues b-stage...Keith's two remain intact...Ronnie gets a Chuck Berry tune...that's allwinking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-31 01:40 by massmick.

Posted by: massmick ()
Date: January 31, 2020 01:43

Send It To me
man, if they take 3 years away again before coming back to America that'd be 2024.

Definitely go if you're in the States.

I'll pass on the 2024 odds.
Yes, you're right! See them NOW!

Date: January 31, 2020 01:47

Would love to see the b stage set (if they have it) lengthened to three songs.
They seemed to really enjoy it, crowd loved it.. hope it's an option being discussed cool smiley

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: January 31, 2020 01:59

MisterDDDD
They seemed to really enjoy it, crowd loved it.. hope it's an option being discussed cool smiley

To be honest, I wasn’t in love with the b-stage last year. Too much echo on the acoustics, and tone left much to be desired.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: January 31, 2020 02:04

MisterDDDD

Yes, good idea MisterDDDD. They are on the B stage for only 10 minutes with the
current two songs.

Also, maybe let Ronnie do a Chuck Berry tune somewhere in the setlist.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 31, 2020 02:49

TumblinDice76

Hilariously spot on and I will be surprised if it's different from that.

Posted by: daniel t ()
Date: January 31, 2020 03:53

Chris Fountain

Nothing... Nada.... Rien.....Niente... niets... Nani mo.... Ingenting....Nichts....

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: January 31, 2020 03:58

TumblinDice76

I also expect them to bring back a few rarities like they've done in previous years. Last year it was "Sad Sad Sad", "Harlem Shuffle" and "Mercy, Mercy."

Posted by: weeicemon ()
Date: January 31, 2020 04:21

Austin Tx June 2020

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: January 31, 2020 04:23

Rocky Dijon
They're coming to my hometown for the first time in 18 years (it appears) and there's a very good chance I'll be out of town for business given what my calendar looks like. Life happens. I've missed Stones concerts for family functions, too. It hurts, but life is about priorities. I don't begrudge anyone who drops everything to see them one more time or 17 more times and I cherish the three times I saw them over the years. If I can see them in 2020, that would be great. If not, I'll doubtless have an official live CD and concert DVD of the tour before long. Good health to the Stones and to all who see them this year.

I've missed family functions for Stones shows.
Stones take precedence.

plexi

Date: January 31, 2020 04:28

MisterDDDD
I saw earlier in the thread that May 17th was the rumored opener date in San Diego.
Anyone have a best guess (or know) on the venue?
Would love Petco Park again as they did for the Zip Code opener, but guessing maybe the SDCCU Stadium?
Seems odd now they did Petco when most of the venues on Zip Code were stadiums.

Petco is a stadium.

plexi

Date: January 31, 2020 04:34

weeicemon
Austin Tx June 2020
Amazing! Do you hear It on radio station?

Date: January 31, 2020 04:34

massmick
MisterDDDD
I saw earlier in the thread that May 17th was the rumored opener date in San Diego.
Would love Petco Park again as they did for the Zip Code opener, but guessing maybe the SDCCU Stadium?
Seems odd now they did Petco when most of the venues on Zip Code were stadiums.[/qyuote]

Well, if it does kick off that early, unless there are more cities coming down the pike, the tour would end early July using the 3 day rest formula...Using a 15 show basis, the tour would end July 12 completely eliminating the 2 new western stadiums. Just my mind working ot

It's now a 4 day rest formula.

p

Date: January 31, 2020 04:37

MisterDDDD
DiegoGlimmerStones
I'm just wondering if the new Super Bowl Pepsi Ad/Paint It Black is some sort of teaser
Would be fun if there was a promo of some sort, tongue on the scoreboard etc during the SB. With an official announcement reportedly not until next week though, it doesn't seem likely. Maybe they made a deal with Pepsi for the campaign and there will be a "catch them on tour this summer" blip at the end of their ad or something.
That would be fun! we'll see later winking smiley

Date: January 31, 2020 04:38

Hairball
MisterDDDD
MartinStone87
I'm surprised that on the west coast, just play in San Diego, would you expect them to add any other city, right? With great anxiety from Montevideo- Uruguay, waiting for the official announcement. Come on The Stones!

I think we'll see at least one more west coast date added to the list.
San Diego, Oakland, and Vancouver would make three.. here's hoping!!

Considering Pasadena was perhaps the biggest/fastest selling show, I'd have to think L.A. would be a no brainer.
The new football stadium in inglewood is 85% complete and scheduled to open July 25, but I think Taylor Swift is already scheduled to open it?
Either that or the good old Coliseum where the Stones have played several times.
Start the tour in SoCal, and end the tour in SoCal!!!

smiling smiley

Don't know why LA was not a 2 show city. Kind of an insult to the entertainment capital of the world.

plexi

Date: January 31, 2020 04:40

timbernardis
MisterDDDD
Seems odd now they did Petco when most of the venues on Zip Code were stadiums.

Petco is a stadium.

plexi
Sure. It's a ballpark stadium that seats 45k.
Good talk.

Date: January 31, 2020 04:41

weeicemon
Austin Tx June 2020
Plot thickens.. Austin would be great!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 31, 2020 04:52

timbernardis
Hairball
MisterDDDD
MartinStone87
I'm surprised that on the west coast, just play in San Diego, would you expect them to add any other city, right? With great anxiety from Montevideo- Uruguay, waiting for the official announcement. Come on The Stones!

I think we'll see at least one more west coast date added to the list.
San Diego, Oakland, and Vancouver would make three.. here's hoping!!

Considering Pasadena was perhaps the biggest/fastest selling show, I'd have to think L.A. would be a no brainer.
The new football stadium in inglewood is 85% complete and scheduled to open July 25, but I think Taylor Swift is already scheduled to open it?
Either that or the good old Coliseum where the Stones have played several times.
Start the tour in SoCal, and end the tour in SoCal!!!

smiling smiley

Don't know why LA was not a 2 show city. Kind of an insult to the entertainment capital of the world.

plexi

Of course it makes sense - they already had one NFL team and couldn't sell the games out, now they have 2 teams that can't sell out. The Stones probably prefer to have one sellout, not 2 poorly attended shows in the land of be seen.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5455565758596061626364...LastNext
Current Page: 59 of 84

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2045
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home