Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7475767778798081828384Next
Current Page: 82 of 84
Re: No Filter Tour 2020
Posted by: SecondSet ()
Date: February 6, 2020 05:43

TiminIndy
Still no Nashville billboards? WTH?
If you try some time...

[www.tennessean.com]

Posted by: TiminIndy ()
Date: February 6, 2020 05:59

SecondSet
TiminIndy
Still no Nashville billboards? WTH?
If you try some time...

[www.tennessean.com]

So the newspaper spotted a billboard in Nashville, didn't bother to get a pic, and just posted a pic of the billboards in Pittsburgh instead?

At least one mysterious billboard has popped up in Music City this week, spotted by The Tennessean Wednesday evening. A digital sign on I-65 briefly displayed an image with the band's iconic "Tongue and Lip" logo and the words "GET WHAT YOU NEED" — lyrics from the 1969 classic "You Can't Always Get What You Want."

I'm a fleabit peanut monkey

Posted by: TiminIndy ()
Date: February 6, 2020 06:00

Nice little tease from Ronnie:

Ron Wood on Facebook

I'm a fleabit peanut monkey

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: February 6, 2020 06:23

Apologies as I know it’s been mentioned but when is the rumored date for Vancouver?

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: February 6, 2020 06:24

TiminIndy

So the newspaper spotted a billboard in Nashville, didn't bother to get a pic, and just posted a pic of the billboards in Pittsburgh instead?

At least one mysterious billboard has popped up in Music City this week, spotted by The Tennessean Wednesday evening. A digital sign on I-65 briefly displayed an image with the band's iconic "Tongue and Lip" logo and the words "GET WHAT YOU NEED" — lyrics from the 1969 classic "You Can't Always Get What You Want."

The operative words are briefly displayed ... Seems he was driving past, and wisely decided against stopping on the I-65 waiting for the sign to return. I think we know what the tongue looks like. Eyewitness confirmation is good enough for me.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: February 6, 2020 06:29

Gaetzi
Apologies as I know it’s been mentioned but when is the rumored date for Vancouver?

Early May

Posted by: happyAustin ()
Date: February 6, 2020 06:48

Austin sign has changed, repainted from: “it’s just a kiss away” to “Get what you need”
Awesome!!
Looking forward to the Morning (2/06) Announcement!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-06 06:51 by happyAustin.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 6, 2020 07:02

Re: Vancouver and Richmond you can still get ok deals in Richmond hotels May 11 thru 13...but be quick

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: February 6, 2020 07:12

DeanGoodman
TiminIndy

The operative words are briefly displayed ... Seems he was driving past, and wisely decided against stopping on the I-65 waiting for the sign to return. I think we know what the tongue looks like. Eyewitness confirmation is good enough for me.

I'm relieved even one person's confirming Nashville!

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 6, 2020 07:15

Update: For Vancouver, I cancelled the Hotel Patricia and made two other reservations --

the Sandman for $228 USD/night plus taxes, CAA/AAA rate, booked directly with the hotel chain, and as BV observed, was able to use my AAA rate so it was less expensive than on hotels.com

YWCA for $91 USD/night including tax, senior rate, this I also booked directly where they had a senior option

If there is enough travel money from my employer, I will go with the Sandman, if a lesser amount, then the YWCA

plexi

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-06 07:29 by timbernardis.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 6, 2020 07:16

babyblue
babyblue
timbernardis
babyblue
MisterDDDD
timbernardis
What's wrong with the Vancouver hotel?

And i don't care if I arrive the day of show. I've covered my bases no matter which day the show is.

plexi
A really bad area of downtown, has been for decades.. and the hotel itself has been a real dive, also for decades although I haven't checked it recently.

A decent option in the same price range might be the YWCA. Literally a 2 minute walk to stadium, and I believe a private room (w shared bath) would be fairly decent based on reviews.. great location.
[www.hotels.com]
[www.google.com]

I agree, it's on skid row,a realbad area. Try Sandman Hotel, high priced during concerts, but is in a better location, near stadium.Try coming with a few people, split the costs.

Which Sandman hotel? There are three in Vancouver including two on the same street.

plexi[/quote

W. Georgia

For McCartney last year was $349,!!

$349 CAD or USD?

plexi

Posted by: dnewton99 ()
Date: February 6, 2020 07:41

East Coast Time 7am Sir Mick and Keith join me tomorrow morning (2/6) at 7:00. They will reveal their 2020 plans. On Q104.3 and all over the country on iHeartRadio Rock stations. (talk and sports stations too) [www.facebook.com]

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 6, 2020 07:47

Hairball
Of course this thread wouldn't be complete without the obligatory too cool for school post as seen above....

I know. It would be best if everyone pretended.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 6, 2020 08:31

24FPS
Hairball
Of course this thread wouldn't be complete without the obligatory too cool for school post as seen above....

I know. It would be best if everyone pretended.

You'll be missing out again 24FPS, but evidently it's beneath you.
Meanwhile everyone else is gearing up for another tour in this thread - why be a bad apple?

24FPS
Oh boy! Can't wait to hear the new, different setlist, delivered by a better than ever version of the Stones. I can almost hear Darryl noodling now. Tinkle-tink, Chuck. And I hear the prices will be brought down so everyone won't feel like they're being gouged by an over the hill Greatest Hits show. Those songs from the new album are going to blow everyone away, and take up half the show. Wheee!!!

Is that all you have to offer to this thread? Or can we expect more "funny" sarcasm....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-06 08:36 by Hairball.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: February 6, 2020 08:37

Good Morning from Germany. Bring on the tour!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 6, 2020 09:36

All 15 tour dates are now confirmed by several separate reliable sources, and the list is being updated here during the next few minutes:

The Rolling Stones US Tour 2020

Bjornulf

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 6, 2020 09:46

Joy to the world....might find out San Diego date before midnight Pacific time!
Thanks Bjornulf. thumbs up

(Refreshing tour page like a maniac grinning smiley )

And there it is - San Diego May 8th! smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-06 09:56 by Hairball.

Date: February 6, 2020 09:56

Tour map made by Atsu-y-atsuy:

Bjornulf

Date: February 6, 2020 09:57

IORR news just published:

Feb 6: Stones Tour 2020 to start in San Diego CA May 8
The Rolling Stones US Tour 2020 will start in San Diego CA May 8, and take the band through 15 cities, ending in Atlanta GA July 9. The tour will be announced officially 7am EST i.e. East Coast USA today, equal to 4am PST, noon UK time, 13:00 CET etc. For the complete list of dates see the IORR list of US Tour 2020.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-06 09:58 by bv.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: February 6, 2020 10:02

Hairball

Yet, there is more than a grain of truth in it's overall sarcasm.

Rod

Posted by: Kerryann ()
Date: February 6, 2020 10:09

Thanks for the dates BV, can you enlighten us as to the Vancouver date? There doesn't seem to be time between San Diego and Minneapolis for Vancouver.

Date: February 6, 2020 10:21

Glad I got my predictions right on the first four dates. See you there.

Sorry I had a copy&paste error with the dates of Vancouver, Minneapolis and Nashville. They are all fixed now. The first dates are nicely ordered like San Diego May 8 and then one show every 4 days up to and including Austin. Then 5 days until Dallas. Then a break of 8 days until Buffalo.

Bjornulf

Kerryann
Thanks for the dates BV, can you enlighten us as to the Vancouver date? There doesn't seem to be time between San Diego and Minneapolis for Vancouver.

Was an error, corrected. Vancouver had long been rumored to fall on May 12.

Posted by: LovingCupola ()
Date: February 6, 2020 10:22

Thanks for fixing those 1st 4 shows, BV!

Posted by: MartinStone87 ()
Date: February 6, 2020 10:23

Good day from Uruguay! Thanks Bjornulf!

Date: February 6, 2020 10:24

All dates, cities, venues and shows are now triple checked. This is the list they will announce 7am est = 13:00 cet i.e. in 3.5 hours time.

Bjornulf

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: February 6, 2020 10:26

Many Thanks Björnulf!

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: February 6, 2020 10:29

BV... one more double-check, please...

Atlanta on July 9th would be a Thursday...

Too excited to sleep in Ohio!

4 for 4 on my hotel reservations, Thanks to BV and everyone here at IORR!!

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: February 6, 2020 10:39

bv
All dates, cities, venues and shows are now triple checked. This is the list they will announce 7am est = 13:00 cet i.e. in 3.5 hours time.

Awesome. Can you believe we are still talking about another Stones tour in 2020?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-06 11:44 by TornAndFried.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7475767778798081828384Next
Current Page: 82 of 84

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1802
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home