Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7475767778798081828384Next
Current Page: 81 of 84
Re: No Filter Tour 2020
Posted by: SelenePhoeni ()
Date: February 5, 2020 22:26

From SelenePhoenix
Hi! I ha e noticed the Louisville date is no longer posted and seems to ha e moved back from where it was in June. Any insights?
I booked flights and hotel cancellable for St Louis Buffalo and Louisville

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-05 22:31 by SelenePhoeni.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 5, 2020 22:46

Oh boy! Can't wait to hear the new, different setlist, delivered by a better than ever version of the Stones. I can almost hear Darryl noodling now. Tinkle-tink, Chuck. And I hear the prices will be brought down so everyone won't feel like they're being gouged by an over the hill Greatest Hits show. Those songs from the new album are going to blow everyone away, and take up half the show. Wheee!!!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 5, 2020 22:55

Of course this thread wouldn't be complete without the obligatory too cool for school post as seen above....

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: February 5, 2020 22:57

Aaaaahhh, the buzz, the buzzZZ! smiling bouncing smiley

So, rehearsals should start in April, I guess?? grinning smiley

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: February 5, 2020 22:58

Hairball
Trip Advisor can be helpful - Patricia Hotel

And more helpful reviews: Patricia Hotel

You don’t even need Trip Advisor, this area was discussed here recently. It is a very sad, downtrodden area, and not for the faint of heart. Neither safe nor healthy, despite proximity to stadium and downtown. Plexi - definitely relocate.

[iorr.org]

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: February 5, 2020 23:12

The Rolling Stones ticket alarm is right now at the oeticket.com (Austrian main ticket vendor). It usually really indicates strong possibility (or even more) of a show in Austria, but this is surely some kind of mistake confused smiley

[www.oeticket.com]

Date: February 5, 2020 23:29

waterrats
Aaaaahhh, the buzz, the buzzZZ! smiling bouncing smiley

So, rehearsals should start in April, I guess?? grinning smiley

Hopefully rehearsals will be in Joplin Missouri !

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 5, 2020 23:38

Happy24
The Rolling Stones ticket alarm is right now at the oeticket.com (Austrian main ticket vendor). It usually really indicates strong possibility (or even more) of a show in Austria, but this is surely some kind of mistake confused smiley

[www.oeticket.com]

About the same chance as them playing in Wuhan.

Nate

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 5, 2020 23:40

Happy24

The Rolling Stones ticket alarm is right now at the oeticket.com (Austrian main ticket vendor).

Many many years ago there were Vendors who provided Packages for Concerts including Travel, Hotel and Ticket. Maybe it's this (an US-Package) or they wanna simply profit from the Advertising ....

Oeticket is btw "just another name" for Eventim .... [www.oeticket.com] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-05 23:50 by Irix.

Posted by: souldoggie ()
Date: February 5, 2020 23:51

Rehearsals will be held in Los Angeles

Date: February 5, 2020 23:55

souldoggie

At the 2013 or the 2015 site ? .... winking smiley

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: February 6, 2020 00:01

kevinbud62583
St. Louis prices are rising and selling out. Thanks for the heads up on the date! Got a motel across from the dome for $164 after tax.

Wow, yes they are, news must have traveled to St. Louis early.. Spent past hour trying but already too high for me so I'd be interested in sharing with someone for St. Louis.

I did book for Cleveland and Pittsburgh averaging at 150 night for both places (Cleveland more expensive unless staying at airport and riding in)

Thx BV for heads up I'm sure you saved me a bunch already!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-06 00:03 by snoopy2.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 6, 2020 00:17

babyblue
MisterDDDD
timbernardis
What's wrong with the Vancouver hotel?

And i don't care if I arrive the day of show. I've covered my bases no matter which day the show is.

plexi
A really bad area of downtown, has been for decades.. and the hotel itself has been a real dive, also for decades although I haven't checked it recently.

A decent option in the same price range might be the YWCA. Literally a 2 minute walk to stadium, and I believe a private room (w shared bath) would be fairly decent based on reviews.. great location.
[www.hotels.com]
[www.google.com]

I agree, it's on skid row,a realbad area. Try Sandman Hotel, high priced during concerts, but is in a better location, near stadium.Try coming with a few people, split the costs.

Which Sandman hotel? There are three in Vancouver including two on the same street.

plexi

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: February 6, 2020 00:23

Irix
souldoggie

At the 2013 or the 2015 site ? .... winking smiley

Yes

Posted by: TiminIndy ()
Date: February 6, 2020 00:33

souldoggie

Troubador?

I'm a fleabit peanut monkey

Posted by: KingmanBarstow ()
Date: February 6, 2020 00:42

Topi
Another option for Vancouver would be to stay near the airport in Richmond and take Skytrain into town.

Good idea. For folks coming in from out of town Richmond is south of Vancouver. The airport has a connecting rail line that can take you to the centre of Richmond (10 to 15 minutes) or right into downtown Vancouver (25 to 30 minutes). The trains are small but a wait is no more than 10 or 15 minutes for the next one and with morning and evening rush hours being the crowded times. Richmond to downtown Vancouver by train takes about 25 minutes and from there it is a short walk to the stadium. Besides Richmond and downtown Vancouver there is other accommodation available near to the Broadway/City Hall rail station including a Holiday Inn at 711 Broadway. From that area (Broadway & Cambie) it is probably a 30 minute walk or less to downtown Vancouver and the stadium, depends upon how fast you go. If you are staying downtown hotels are expensive (they may be a little cheaper, but not by much, in Richmond - I haven’t checked lately). If you are looking for decent hotel accommodation in downtown Vancouver proper try to stay west of Cambie or Abbott Streets. And finally, US $ do go a long way here with the exchange rate being in the US $’s favour.

Here is a link to accommodation near to the Broadway/City Hall rail station.

[www.google.ca]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-06 00:46 by KingmanBarstow.

Posted by: SelenePhoeni ()
Date: February 6, 2020 00:50

Oh dear the ticket rush the ticket wait
Be on time and don’t be late!
Remember when we could join their fan club and get codes for specific venues and purchase early -sigh- it was $100.00 and a true bargain!
Wish it were still so best of luck to all!!!
Think there will be LD again?

Date: February 6, 2020 01:05

SelenePhoeni

Think there will be LD again?

If it's still the NoFilter-Tour, why not?

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 6, 2020 01:43

Hairball
Of course this thread wouldn't be complete without the obligatory too cool for school post as seen above....

Right Hairball, what an assbite.

plexi

Posted by: Angus MacBagpipe ()
Date: February 6, 2020 01:58

JessForte
timbernardis
timbernardis
timbernardis
MisterDDDD
georgeV
timbernardis
I just booked the following:

San Diego - Comfort Inn San Diego Old Town May 8 checking out the 10th
AAA rate: 134, 149 without
free cancellation til 5/7
including taxes $302 for two nights
parking 12.50/day
confirmation number:

another: Courtyard by Marriott Old Town San Diego
152/night, 171 including taxes with AAA discount
parking 25/night

Vancouver - Budget Inn Patricia Hotel, .8 mile from BC Place, May 12 out the 14th
Rate: $68/night USD
free cancellation til 5/10
including taxes $209 CAD for two nights, $157 USD
don't know about parking
confirmation number: just kiddin

plexi

Plexi: You are likely arriving the day of show in both cases. I would not stay at that hotel you booked in Vancouver.

+1 on both counts plexi..
Not a good hotel choice for Vancouver.

And i don't care if I arrive the day of show. I've covered my bases no matter which day the show is.

plexi
I live in Vancouver. My friends bands have played the Pat many times, I've been in it many times to see shows. It is absolutely common knowledge in Vancouver that nobody stays there unless part of the regular downtown east side drug addict crowd. It is horrendous. Please for the love of god do not stay there.
I must admit, I too was shocked to see that someone would book the Patricia Hotel. Yikes! Not a place I’d want to walk back to late at night after a concert.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 6, 2020 02:06

Hairball

He may not be aware they're able to do 30FPS, 60FPS and even 120FPS these days.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: February 6, 2020 02:25

WelshEdge1
drbryant
Ahhh . . . another year, another tour. I'm looking at Vancouver, but I saw them at the BC Place stadium on the Bigger Bang tour, and the sound was very "boomy". Have they improved the sound at that venue?

It has a new roof since then so maybe things have improved. It's less of a 'dome'.

Renovations started shortly after the 2010 Winter Olympics. I think they spent almost 500 million Cdn on renovations. Retractable roof, second largest hanging scoreboard in North America behind Dallas Cowboys stadium. Saw McCartney there in the upper bowl last year and thought the sound was good. But saw AC/DC there in 2015 and it wasn't good. Google BC Place to see what the new renovated stadium looks like.

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: February 6, 2020 02:45

I think the roof at BC Place is the same roof as the stadium in Frankfurt, which is not good.

Posted by: swaff ()
Date: February 6, 2020 03:36

A lot of good info already!!! Tomorrow is almost here. Thanks BV for keeping it up and running.

RAWK

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: February 6, 2020 04:14

timbernardis
babyblue
MisterDDDD
timbernardis

plexi
A really bad area of downtown, has been for decades.. and the hotel itself has been a real dive, also for decades although I haven't checked it recently.

A decent option in the same price range might be the YWCA. Literally a 2 minute walk to stadium, and I believe a private room (w shared bath) would be fairly decent based on reviews.. great location.
[www.hotels.com]
[www.google.com]

I agree, it's on skid row,a realbad area. Try Sandman Hotel, high priced during concerts, but is in a better location, near stadium.Try coming with a few people, split the costs.

Which Sandman hotel? There are three in Vancouver including two on the same street.

plexi[/quote

W. Georgia

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: February 6, 2020 04:32

For those with extra cash, the Fairmont Pacific Rim in Vancouver was just ranked the number 1 hotel in all of Canada. It opened 10 years ago exactly, Feb 5 2010.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 6, 2020 05:12

So tomorrow the Stones come out and say were playing "Aftermath" and "YSMR" in its entirety on rotation plus a couple other numbers. I can hear the earthquake now.

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: February 6, 2020 05:13

Great idea!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-06 05:14 by mariano.

Posted by: TiminIndy ()
Date: February 6, 2020 05:20

Still no Nashville billboards? WTH?

I'm a fleabit peanut monkey

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: February 6, 2020 05:38

babyblue
timbernardis
babyblue
MisterDDDD
timbernardis

plexi

[www.hotels.com]
[www.google.com]

plexi[/quote

W. Georgia

For McCartney last year was $349,!!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7475767778798081828384Next
Current Page: 81 of 84

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1992
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home