Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7475767778798081828384Next
Current Page: 79 of 84
Re: No Filter Tour 2020
Posted by: makustone ()
Date: February 5, 2020 14:07

Thank you so much BV !!!!

Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: February 5, 2020 14:20

Mercedes-Benz Stadium has soccer on July 1 and July 4. This must be why it is scheduled after Tampa as the tour closer. I'm assuming around July 8 or 9.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-05 14:37 by tonyc.

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: February 5, 2020 14:27

bv
DrPete
I see July 11th for Stl from ticket selling outlets

Do NOT trust dates coming from brokers. They just invent dates and try to sell tickets they do not have. The St. Louis show date is listed on the IORR pages, and the tour is over by the time this broker is saying the show is on...

Finished before Euro 2020 final... as I predicted.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 5, 2020 14:29

The following are some advices on hotel booking and travel planning.

Quite a few of the first show dates circulating this month, and last month, are proving to be incorrect. A date might be right at one point, but then it might change. An example is the UK dates of the Southampton and Coventry shows, changed shortly before the announcement two years ago, also the Philly 2015 show number 3 that never happened, changed into Washington D.C. after tickets were on sale for Philly #1 and #2.

Monday morning we started to see the banners popping up in US cities. I spent all day checking hotel prices near venues, knowing the tour would run May-July. Same with yesterday, when more info arrived. The hotel room prices did not make any sense. I do not have any proof, it is just something I have experienced, the fact that as soon as a show date is signed off, some people talk, and many hotels in the area do increase their prices. May be there is an application that is sniffing number of requests, or may be some talk. If hotel prices are low, then something is strange.

I remember having the tour list from an insider in 2005. Then I booked a hotel room walking distance in Moncton at something like $50 per night. Later on they increased that price. When I checked in they insisted on a higher price, but I had my confirmation printout of the original lower price. I bet I was the only person booking a hotel room at that small hotel in May, for a stay in September that year. They gave me the lower price, but everybody else paid 200 or more per night, I think.

They have one show every four days. Then some times, when there is a large distance, for stage trucking, they add another day, which is happening a couple of places on this tour. Then they have a week or so break early in the tour, for various reasons. If you try to book 3-4 days around the date they are rumoured for, at a nearby hotel, close to the venue, they will ask for $150 or $200 on most dates, but then you will see double price on one date, as soon as they know it is a show date, which happens to be before the time the rest of us do know.

Then I would recommend making not one long, but rather two short (with flexibility) 2+2 days booking, i.e. two separate bookings, because if you are off by a day, you will never be allowed to change the booking; they want to force you into the full price. Some times I have bookings of 15-20 days at a hotel, but they are just a waste, because they will not allow you to change online, you have to call them, and it is just a hazzle. So with 15 shows I will typically have 30-40 reservations, then I can do an a la carte adjustment later on, when all dates are public. And... still things may change ... we do know all about that, last year ended up with new but also unchanged dates.

The cities on this tour are not as large as LA, NYC, Chicago and Boston, and the venues are still very large - 50,000 - 60,000 capacity, with more and more people staying in hotels, so make sure you have a flexible booking as soon as possible. These cities will be fully booked and quite overpriced hotel wise by the end of this week.

The IORR list of dates do have three solid dates already, confirmed by several separate sources. It is not rocket science to figure out more or less when they will show up in a city where you would like to see them. And if you have info, please e-mail me. Thank you.

Bjornulf

Posted by: kevinbud62583 ()
Date: February 5, 2020 14:37

St. Louis prices are rising and selling out. Thanks for the heads up on the date! Got a motel across from the dome for $164 after tax.

Date: February 5, 2020 14:44

Sure looks like Dallas could be in a weekend. Any leaks there yet?

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: February 5, 2020 14:48

Info on St. Louis-Cardinals are away in Boston on Sat June 27th, so that will help with parking and hotels!

Date: February 5, 2020 15:15

I do get a lot of comments about venue capacity. Even if the football capacity is 70,000, there will never be 70,000 for a concert at that venue, due to stage setup, security, number of tickets sold etc. This is how I estimate the capacity:

Example St. Louis show:

First they loose all of the end side, plus parts of the sies, and often they push forward the stage, so that only 65% or so are used of the seated area.

Then you may add may be 5,000 or so for the floor, but that will never add up to the numbers you loose from the above.

Wikipedia use to be great at capacity numbers, they say this for The Dome at America's Center in St. Louis:

Capacity: 66,965

So 67,000 less 65% is 43,000 seated, before floor capacity is added

Adding some 7,000 floor seats/tickets, seated and standing.

Then I end up with 50,000 as an estimate for such a venue, which has been proven quite accurate lately. Usually my estimates are too high, that is because they move forward the stage due to various reasons.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Telly ()
Date: February 5, 2020 15:59

Quite the Rock & Roll weekend in St Louis with this news. Ozzy Osbourne on Wed June 24 God-willing, Motley Crue/Def Leppard Thurs 25th, Pretenders/Journey Fri 26th & now Stones on Sat 26th. I'll need some time to recover.

Posted by: Keefy ()
Date: February 5, 2020 16:32

jumpontopofmebaby
Sure looks like Dallas could be in a weekend. Any leaks there yet?
Yeah I hope so too...Where is the tounge art in Dallas and who came up with Cotton Bowl(an awesome place to see Stones) Saw them 1st there in 81 last time they played there 94.

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: February 5, 2020 16:48

Makin' reservations in anticipation...

Thanks, BV! We all appreciate your hard work and patience with the masses!!

Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: February 5, 2020 17:04

“Early May” not “Mid May”

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 5, 2020 18:07

bv
IORR news update this morning:

The Rolling Stones are expected to be announcing their US Tour 2020 tomorrow Thursday Feb 6. The tour will start in San Diego CA early May, taking The Rolling Stones through 15 cities, including one Canadian show in Vancouver B.C., ending early July. A total of 900,000 fans are expected to see the show this summer, mainly in large football stadiums, but also at a F1 race track in Austin.

Thanks for the updates Bjornulf.

Sounds like the long rumoured date of San Diego May 17 is no longer accurate (and I realize it was just a rumour).
I've seen several posts on facebook mentioning May 9, but still seems like speculation, though it is a Saturday and does fall in line with "early May".
Could be May 2?

Posted by: jheying ()
Date: February 5, 2020 18:15

Inside source for San Diego yesterday says FRIDAY, MAY 8. Makes sense to get the gear up to Vancouver next and/or ability to add a second night before they head out on Sunday.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: February 5, 2020 18:21

jheying
Inside source for San Diego yesterday says FRIDAY, MAY 8. Makes sense to get the gear up to Vancouver next and/or ability to add a second night before they head out on Sunday.

No city on this tour will get more than one show. Period.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-05 18:31 by TornAndFried.

Date: February 5, 2020 18:33

So many confusing messages here, it must be hard to figure out.

1. There will be 15 shows in 15 cities over two months
2. The gap between shows is like last year

A bunch of useless ticket broker dates are listing shows in August are to be ignored, they are simply false, even if local press seems to be eager to reprint them like they are valid. They are simply fake news.

I see this incorrect May 17 date for SD is coming up all of the time, but it does not take a lot of mathematic skills to figure out gaps and dates from the more or less confirmed Austin date of Sun May 24 and so on.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: February 5, 2020 18:35

But didn't someone mention the possibility of a 16th date being added in a different city?

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: February 5, 2020 18:38

If you go back 4 days from the May 24 date on IORR you will have the correct date for Vancouver. Likely that will work for San Diego although there was a rumour about 3 days between those 2 shows.

Date: February 5, 2020 18:43

Date: February 5, 2020 18:43

So Dallas is the cotton bowl Hmmmm. Got rooms in the wrong spot !!!

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: February 5, 2020 18:45

Do we know if there will be a pit on this tour? There was no pit for Zip Code last time.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: February 5, 2020 18:46

Do you think it’s safe to say that the San Diego show will be between May 6 and May 9?

Date: February 5, 2020 18:47

JadedFaded
Do we know if there will be a pit on this tour? There was no pit for Zip Code last time.

Not sure why it would be any different from last summer's No Filter shows where there was a pit.
If it ain't broke....

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 5, 2020 18:55

bv

Quite a few of the first show dates circulating this month, and last month, are proving to be incorrect. A date might be right at one point, but then it might change. An example is the UK dates of the Southampton and Coventry shows, changed shortly before the announcement two years ago, also the Philly 2015 show number 3 that never happened, changed into Washington D.C. after tickets were on sale for Philly #1 and #2.

Monday morning we started to see the banners popping up in US cities. I spent all day checking hotel prices near venues, knowing the tour would run May-July. Same with yesterday, when more info arrived. The hotel room prices did not make any sense. I do not have any proof, it is just something I have experienced, the fact that as soon as a show date is signed off, some people talk, and many hotels in the area do increase their prices. May be there is an application that is sniffing number of requests, or may be some talk. If hotel prices are low, then something is strange.

I remember having the tour list from an insider in 2005. Then I booked a hotel room walking distance in Moncton at something like $50 per night. Later on they increased that price. When I checked in they insisted on a higher price, but I had my confirmation printout of the original lower price. I bet I was the only person booking a hotel room at that small hotel in May, for a stay in September that year. They gave me the lower price, but everybody else paid 200 or more per night, I think.

They have one show every four days. Then some times, when there is a large distance, for stage trucking, they add another day, which is happening a couple of places on this tour. Then they have a week or so break early in the tour, for various reasons. If you try to book 3-4 days around the date they are rumoured for, at a nearby hotel, close to the venue, they will ask for $150 or $200 on most dates, but then you will see double price on one date, as soon as they know it is a show date, which happens to be before the time the rest of us do know.

Then I would recommend making not one long, but rather two short (with flexibility) 2+2 days booking, i.e. two separate bookings, because if you are off by a day, you will never be allowed to change the booking; they want to force you into the full price. Some times I have bookings of 15-20 days at a hotel, but they are just a waste, because they will not allow you to change online, you have to call them, and it is just a hazzle. So with 15 shows I will typically have 30-40 reservations, then I can do an a la carte adjustment later on, when all dates are public. And... still things may change ... we do know all about that, last year ended up with new but also unchanged dates.

The cities on this tour are not as large as LA, NYC, Chicago and Boston, and the venues are still very large - 50,000 - 60,000 capacity, with more and more people staying in hotels, so make sure you have a flexible booking as soon as possible. These cities will be fully booked and quite overpriced hotel wise by the end of this week.

The IORR list of dates do have three solid dates already, confirmed by several separate sources. It is not rocket science to figure out more or less when they will show up in a city where you would like to see them. And if you have info, please e-mail me. Thank you.

BV- do you book your hotel rooms via one of the aggregator sites like hotels.com and booking.com, or directly with the hotel or hotel chain?

plexi

Date: February 5, 2020 18:55

The leaked dates in Cleveland and St. Louis makes it easy to confirm the Pittsburgh date to Tue Jun 23.

The puzzle seems to get more and more complete as we get closer to the announcement date.

Bjornulf

Posted by: northernale1 ()
Date: February 5, 2020 18:58

been so long since ive been to Rich Stadium (opps New era field)

most people staying near the stadium ?

staying right in buffalo?

transportation options from bufallo to stadium?

thanks in advance for your help

Date: February 5, 2020 18:59

sarahunwin
Do you think it’s safe to say that the San Diego show will be between May 6 and May 9?

Not sure if it's safe to say, but that's a very good question - curious minds want to know!.smiling smiley

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: February 5, 2020 19:00

Bjornulf, you are amazing! Thanks for all you do for all of us mere mortal fans! Most people are shocked at my 50+ shows but I tell em it's nothing...

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: February 5, 2020 19:09

Stonesfan2146
But didn't someone mention the possibility of a 16th date being added in a different city?

It's possible they will add an additional date later. They did this last year when they added the Burl's Creek show (Toronto) several weeks after the tour announcement.

Date: February 5, 2020 19:09

timbernardis
bv

BV- do you book your hotel rooms via one of the aggregator sites like hotels.com and booking.com, or directly with the hotel or hotel chain?

plexi

I use google.com and hotels.com for research, to find the hotels closest to the venues, their prices and brands. Then I book directly with holiday-inn.com, hyatt.com, marriott.com, hilton.com and so on.

I do not want to end up with a large number of hotel portals, so there are may be 20% I book throgh hotels.com. There are several problems with them. First of all they are just an agent, they do not own the product (the booking). Secondly, on every tour with 15 or so shows, there are 1-2 errors with hotels.com where they take my money even if the room has been cancelled. Also, I hate to check in with a hotels.com booking, because the reseption say "oh here is this expedia booking" and they do ignore me completely service wise, while the real hotels like Holiday Inn, Hyatt, Sharaton, Marriott etc give me room upgrades and free drinks and fruit in the room etc. When you stay 2-3 months in hotel every year, do want more than nothing, which is what you get from portals like hotels.com.

Bjornulf

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7475767778798081828384Next
Current Page: 79 of 84

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1987
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home