Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7273747576777879808182...LastNext
Current Page: 77 of 84
Re: No Filter Tour 2020
Posted by: jmd ()
Date: February 5, 2020 00:59

kevinbud62583
Is anybody from the Austin area and familiar with camping near the race track?

I’m not from Austin but have attended F1 race several times. And I don’t camp, so take what follows with a grain of salt.

That said, here are some ideas: COTA has offered camping for F1 and other events; don’t know if it’s RV only or tent too, or even if they plan to offer for Stones concert. Some private parties adjacent to COTA also rent campsites for F1; try Haywood’s Hill or Chris Taylor Racing. Or do a search for COTA camping and see what pops up.

Good luck!

Posted by: massmick ()
Date: February 5, 2020 01:01

MisterDDDD
roma1927
It is possible that there is a city with two dates like New Jersey and Chicago last year?

Which city are rumored for July?

Only city on the list that would maybe make sense for imo would be Vancouver.
Don't think they will.. but would bet they could fill BC Place twice cool smiley

July looks promising for perhaps St. Louis, Charlotte, Tampa and maybe Atlanta if the order bv has listed is accurate.

Only One, possibly two shows in July. US Final July 4th...celebrate probs the last US show

Posted by: massmick ()
Date: February 5, 2020 01:09

TiminIndy
I bet the dates will generally be 4 days apart like on the last tour.

Nope...3 days between.

Posted by: kovach ()

massmick
MisterDDDD
roma1927
It is possible that there is a city with two dates like New Jersey and Chicago last year?

Which city are rumored for July?

Only city on the list that would maybe make sense for imo would be Vancouver.
Don't think they will.. but would bet they could fill BC Place twice cool smiley

July looks promising for perhaps St. Louis, Charlotte, Tampa and maybe Atlanta if the order bv has listed is accurate.

Only One, possibly two shows in July. US Final July 4th...celebrate probs the last US show

Doesn't add up if starting 5/17 with a show every 4 days. Will there be a week off in the middle?

Posted by: weeicemon ()

Cotton Bowl

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 5, 2020 01:11

TiminIndy
In case anyone else is curious, below is how these metro areas rank by population. I started to go by city population, then realized metropolitan statistical area is more fair. I ranked Vancouver, BC as if it were a US city.

Vancouver's going to pull from all over BC 4.5 million, and as the only Canadian city, a lot of traveller's from Alberta and Ontario.

As well, people from Puget Sound that didn't make it last year in Seattle.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 5, 2020 01:14

MisterDDDD
jumpontopofmebaby
Glad for you guys its not the baseball stadium.

Would have preferred the baseball park again, but also cool to check out the old stadium. Still planning on staying close to Petco, and commute to stadium cool smiley

For Zip Code, the gaslight area was, uh.. lit spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

For the sake of the all around good vibe, Petco was great- the entire gaslight area surrounding the stadium/ballpark was a party with banners lining the streets, etc., etc., etc.
Restaurants, bars, thousands of people, and a nice historic downtown area made for a special situation, and everything was in walking distance.

(pic via google search)

On the other hand, I prefer football stadiums for these types of massive shows - just so happens this old football stadium is in a homogenized/generic location away from all the fun.
Still debating whether to stay near stadium or downtown - it might be more convenient to just hunker down near stadium vs. dealing w/parking lots, freeways, or trolleys, trains, etc. the night of the show.
And on the non show day (and the morning of show day), I can drive back and forth to downtown for the good life. In the meantime, plenty of time to figure that all out - we just need to know the precise date!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-05 01:16 by Hairball.

Date: February 5, 2020 01:19

massmick
TiminIndy
I bet the dates will generally be 4 days apart like on the last tour.

Nope...3 days between.

Are you saying there'll be 3 off days between shows? If so I think you're both saying the same thing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-05 01:22 by kovach.

Posted by: TiminIndy ()
Date: February 5, 2020 01:23

treaclefingers
TiminIndy
In case anyone else is curious, below is how these metro areas rank by population. I started to go by city population, then realized metropolitan statistical area is more fair. I ranked Vancouver, BC as if it were a US city.

Vancouver's going to pull from all over BC 4.5 million, and as the only Canadian city, a lot of traveller's from Alberta and Ontario.

You could say that about what surrounds a lot of the metro areas, but I was just using MSA's for comparison.

I'm a fleabit peanut monkey

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: February 5, 2020 01:23

kovach
massmick

Doesn't add up if starting 5/17 with a show every 4 days. Will there be a week off in the middle?

There's usually 6-7 days off at some point, not necessarily in the middle.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-05 01:34 by DeanGoodman.

Posted by: Keefy ()
Date: February 5, 2020 01:27

kevinbud62583
Is anybody from the Austin area and familiar with camping near the race track?
There is a camping area but that is all I know. I'd check out the venues website.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 5, 2020 01:41

FlyoverStones

I travel to Europe for work but I can't justify flying to the UK or EU just for a Stones concert. The landing fees and taxes for US travelers is too high.

This is really about economics.

Some of us do exactly that, even if we can't afford it. Two tricks: a) try to combine two or three or four or more shows on one trip. I went to the 3 in Paris in October 2017, then in 2018 went to Dublin followed by the two in London; b) combine your business trips with Stones travel. I have done it numerous times, in the States anyway. Food for thought. The band won't be around forever.

plexi

Date: February 5, 2020 02:00

DeanGoodman
kovach
massmick

There's usually 6-7 days off at some point, not necessarily in the middle.

Just trying to determine if they're going to depress me by coming to St. Louis while I'm out of town. sad smiley

I see a gap at the dome prior to 6/17 and I'm heading out 6/12.

Posted by: Jeter1984 ()
Date: February 5, 2020 02:10

treaclefingers
TiminIndy

Why would I fly half way across the continent to Vancouver when I can drive 2 hours to Buffalo, and 4 hours to Detroit and Cleveland from Toronto?

Posted by: dnewton99 ()
Date: February 5, 2020 02:14

hello - very helpful table - anybody have a table showing if the venue is a baseball or football stadium.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: February 5, 2020 02:18

Jeter1984
treaclefingers
TiminIndy

Why would I fly half way across the continent to Vancouver when I can drive 2 hours to Buffalo, and 4 hours to Detroit and Cleveland from Toronto?

Yeah, not so many flying from Ontario, but definitely from Alberta as well as Washington/Oregon. I remember 89 shows when Mick asked the crowd if there's anyone from Edmonton or Calgary. Second night he asked Seattle and Portland I believe.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 5, 2020 02:19

TiminIndy
You could say that about what surrounds a lot of the metro areas, but I was just using MSA's for comparison.

Good info to know, Tim. Thanks!
Couple other factors worth considering in debating the viability of Vancouver imo.
Been since 2006 since Vancouver's had a show, not to mention the whole province, and the whole country has only seen two shows since then for that matter.
Lot of Canadians would travel for it. Several of the cities this leg have had shows as recent as 2015.
Also, always been a great, great, Stones town, which has supported multiple shows several times in the past, even when playing Seattle. Dallas would fit some of that criteria, but playing Austin would rule them out imo.
None of these cities will get two shows as we know, but Vancouver would still be my top pick if they were.. cool smiley

Posted by: TiminIndy ()
Date: February 5, 2020 02:24

MisterDDDD
TiminIndy

Good info to know, Tim. Thanks!
Couple other factors worth considering in debating the viability of Vancouver imo.
Been since 2006 since Vancouver's had a show, not to mention the whole province, and the whole country has only seen two shows since then for that matter.
Lot of Canadians would travel for it. Several of the cities this leg have had shows as recent as 2015.
Also, always been a great, great, Stones town, which has supported multiple shows several times in the past, even when playing Seattle. Dallas would fit some of that criteria, but playing Austin would rule them out imo.
None of these cities will get two shows as we know, but Vancouver would still be my top pick if they were.. cool smiley

I agree x 1000. Big market and it would sell out without a single advertisement. I have always wanted to visit Vancouver - looks like a beautiful place!

I'm a fleabit peanut monkey

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: February 5, 2020 02:47

Jeter1984
treaclefingers
TiminIndy

Depends if you want to cross the border.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 5, 2020 03:15

Someone had mentioned trolley/train service in San Diego earlier, so looked this up: San Diego:

MTS Bus and Trolley Service
The San Diego Metropolitan Transit System bus and trolley systems provide regular and limited special event services to SDCCU Stadium.
The San Diego Trolley's Green Line runs seven days a week from 4:29 a.m. until midnight.
For highly-attended major special events, the Trolley may add special event discounts.
Please visit the MTS website (link is external) for more information on MTS service to SDCCU Stadium. MTS Trip planner

Could come in handy for those going to the San Diego show and wanting to stay downtown.

*Probably best to post this when there's an official San Diego thread, but just doing some advance homework.
I think I'm all set with everything - just need some tickets, and more importantly an actual show date!grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-05 03:28 by Hairball.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: February 5, 2020 03:34

Hairball
Someone had mentioned trolley/train service in San Diego earlier, so looked this up: San Diego:

MTS Bus and Trolley Service
The San Diego Metropolitan Transit System bus and trolley systems provide regular and limited special event services to SDCCU Stadium.
The San Diego Trolley's Green Line runs seven days a week from 4:29 a.m. until midnight.
For highly-attended major special events, the Trolley may add special event discounts.
Please visit the MTS website (link is external) for more information on MTS service to SDCCU Stadium. MTS Trip planner

Could come in handy for those going to the San Diego show and wanting to stay downtown.

*Probably best to post this when there's an official San Diego thread, but just doing some advance homework.
I think I'm all set with everything - just need some tickets, and more importantly an actual show date!grinning smiley

Just one night in San Diego for me. Will drive from Norcal day before and stay with a friend in LA. Wake up and drive to venue in morning and check in at hotel. Next morning drive home. Need the right tix and all set. Have Amex will travel.

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: February 5, 2020 03:35

Boston, NYC, Philadelphia, Baltimore & DC will need shows closer to home

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: February 5, 2020 03:37

Does anyone have any credible source that Louisville is June 20th? I wanna beat Southwest before they catch wind of an event in town and jack their prices. They're still good now.

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: February 5, 2020 03:40

Anyone know the date for Pittsburgh?

Posted by: Jeter1984 ()
Date: February 5, 2020 03:45

dnewton99
hello - very helpful table - anybody have a table showing if the venue is a baseball or football stadium.

If this is the dnewton from YouTube, I love your videos!

Football stadiums again this summer. No baseball.

Posted by: dnewton99 ()
Date: February 5, 2020 03:56

Yes.. that is me from YouTube. Thank you for the compliment. That trusty pocket Sony HX99 took great vids. and I lucked out for cat walk rail a couple of times even though I didn't want to camp out waiting all day but did get there pretty early for some. I miss the sound from my old Panasonic Lumix though.. better sound for concert but Sony is better vids and zoom.

Donna is my real name. ha

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: February 5, 2020 04:00

DREAMTIME
Boston, NYC, Philadelphia, Baltimore & DC will need shows closer to home

They all got their shows last summer. Time for the B-list cities now.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: February 5, 2020 04:10

J.J.Flash
Does anyone have any credible source that Louisville is June 20th? I wanna beat Southwest before they catch wind of an event in town and jack their prices. They're still good now.

I believe SW is the only American airline which doesn't charge a cancellation fee, in case you want to jump the gun ...

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 5, 2020 04:26

jmd
kv2915
I would have preferred PETCO just because of location and that football stadium is a huge dump. BUT its a Stones show and I will take it.

Does anyone know if there is rail service out to the stadium in SD?

There is light rail transit stop at SDCCU Stadium parking lot steps from entrance gates. Easy connection at both Old Town and downtown with Amtrak and Coaster trains.

is the area around the stade/stadium safe?

plexi

Posted by: panthercougar ()
Date: February 5, 2020 04:40

treaclefingers
TiminIndy

Awesome table. I’m also sure both Detroit and Buffalo will pull a lot of folks from Ontario.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7273747576777879808182...LastNext
Current Page: 77 of 84

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1663
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home