Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6970717273747576777879...LastNext
Current Page: 74 of 84
Re: No Filter Tour 2020
Posted by: Madcap ()
Date: February 4, 2020 18:29

Seems fishy that they’re all Saturdays

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: February 4, 2020 18:30

Madcap
Seems fishy that they’re all Saturdays

Those dates look all wrong

Posted by: MartinStone87 ()
Date: February 4, 2020 18:32

matches the order of bv, vancouver's date would be missing. Repeat I dont know if it is true or false

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-04 18:34 by MartinStone87.

Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: February 4, 2020 18:35

"No Weekday Tour".

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 4, 2020 18:36

FlyoverStones
Irix
MartinStone87

[www.facebook.com]

Looks very interesting - thanks for the post.

So Tour-start 2nd May in San Diego and Tour-end 1st August in Atlanta.

I don't do Facebook. Anyone mind reposting all the dates on here?

It is a broker site with made up dates of no value. Just made to get customers to order tickets. Don't trust scalpers on dates before shows are announced!

Bjornulf

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 4, 2020 18:55

grzegorz67
slewan
bv
Rollin92
Topi
There was no such idea for this year, Rollin92.

They aren't finished yet winking smiley

It was said by Bv that the Stones were considering pinning London dates on as the end of this tour/ each coming tour. I am interested to know why that was dropped.

I never said that.

They do rarely mix shows on different continents for the same tour, last time was 2013, which was an unusual year.

the fact that Britain (incl. London) left the EU doesn't make London a part of the USA…

Eh??? Agreed and I certainly hope not but irrelevant. We are not the 51st state. I doubt if Britain leaving the EU will affect any band's touring plans. They toured before we joined and they'll tour long after. Logistics are not affected in any way.

I just wanted to point out that it is very unlikely that shows in London/UK will be part of an American tour (since Brexit does NOT turn the Uk into the 51st US state)

Date: February 4, 2020 18:58

If Austin 24th May is correct and June 6th Buffalo then hopefully Dallas is a Saturday!

Any show I can see and not use a vacation day makes another show possible.

Nashville / Dallas / St Louis / Atlanta

Hopefully for me

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 4, 2020 18:58

The seven decade tour!

Some of their best shows were in Buffalo. They enjoy hanging out here. The city is much different than it was in years past. Millions of dollars have been spent in recent years renovating and preserving many vacant warehouses and commercial buildings filling them with apartments, commercial, and other retail uses. Just last year, a nearly two decade, $52 million restoration of a Frank Lloyd Wright house was completed in Buffalo, a home Mick and Charlie visited during the 2015 tour. Many other new developments have been popping up all over town especially breweries.

New Era Field is the same venue that hosted the Stones in 1975, 1978, 1981, 1997, 2015,and now in 2020. This Stones show will be a 45th anniversary show by the band at that stadium. It's the only stadium they've ever played in Buffalo, first show being August 8, 1975. They have played arena shows in 1966, and June 1975 too.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 4, 2020 19:00

MartinStone87

Repeat I dont know if it is true or false

But the Guns-N'-Roses-dates on that Facebook-site seem to be correct .... [UltimateClassicRock.com] - [Twitter.com] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-04 19:12 by Irix.

Date: February 4, 2020 19:02

Irix
MartinStone87

Repeat I dont know if it is true or false

But the Guns-N'-Roses-dates on that Facebook-site seem to be correct .... [UltimateClassicRock.com] .

Guns-N'-Roses made an official announcement.

Date: February 4, 2020 19:05

tonyc

And there're Leaks before any official announcements ....

Date: February 4, 2020 19:07

Irix
tonyc

And there're Leaks before any official announcements ....

Ok. You win. bv told you they were fake but I guess that is not good enough for you.

Posted by: TiminIndy ()
Date: February 4, 2020 19:14

I bet the dates will generally be 4 days apart like on the last tour.

I'm a fleabit peanut monkey

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: February 4, 2020 19:16

TiminIndy
I bet the dates will generally be 4 days apart like on the last tour.

Pretty sure they won't all be 3 PM start times too.

Date: February 4, 2020 19:20

kovach

Pretty sure they won't all be 3 PM start times too.

Not start times - but Doors open ....

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 4, 2020 19:23

Peaked back at chart, and San Diego is back on top! smiling smiley

Time to catch up with thread and see if there's any tongues spotted in San Diego.

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: February 4, 2020 19:24

Some of their best shows were in Buffalo. [/quote]

I was at the ‘15 Buffalo snow and it was indeed fantastic. I still listen to it often - the Midnight Rambler was exceptional. Didn’t realize the stadium changed names again?

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 4, 2020 19:29

slewan
grzegorz67
slewan
bv
Rollin92
Topi
There was no such idea for this year, Rollin92.

They aren't finished yet winking smiley

It was said by Bv that the Stones were considering pinning London dates on as the end of this tour/ each coming tour. I am interested to know why that was dropped.

I never said that.

They do rarely mix shows on different continents for the same tour, last time was 2013, which was an unusual year.

the fact that Britain (incl. London) left the EU doesn't make London a part of the USA…

Eh??? Agreed and I certainly hope not but irrelevant. We are not the 51st state. I doubt if Britain leaving the EU will affect any band's touring plans. They toured before we joined and they'll tour long after. Logistics are not affected in any way.

I just wanted to point out that it is very unlikely that shows in London/UK will be part of an American tour (since Brexit does NOT turn the Uk into the 51st US state)

No worries winking smiley I personally wanted to stay in but alas no.

Completely in agreement with you that it would be messy and logistically complicated to add London to the end of a US Tour and the only time I can ever remember it happening was 2013. The 50 & Counting Tongue Pit stage was used throughout the US Tour and a completely different stage was used for Glastonbury & the 2 London shows, which were both festival stages already in place and in use. So no need to transport any equipment across the Atlantic in short order. All the band had to do was turn up with their instruments.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 4, 2020 19:38

Hoping the original rumoured May 17th date for San Diego stands correct, but now seems it could be earlier in the month?
Refundable hotels booked both near stadium and downtown 16-18 (will decide best option later), but if it's a different date need to cancel and scramble for new reservations.
The thrill of it all....smiling smiley

Date: February 4, 2020 19:40

grzegorz67

Completely in agreement with you that it would be messy and logistically complicated to add London to the end of a US Tour and the only time I can ever remember it happening was 2013.

But what if the whole Stage/Lighting/Sound-Equipment is from Europe (e.g. StageCo Belgium) ?

It would barely make a difference if the Cargo-plane lands in London-Heathrow instead of Amsterdam-Schiphol and Trucks bringing then the Equipment back to e.g. Brussels ....

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 4, 2020 19:42

Hairball
Hoping the original rumoured May 17th date for San Diego stands correct, but now seems it could be earlier in the month?
Refundable hotels booked both near stadium and downtown 16-18 (will decide best option later), but if it's a different date need to cancel and scramble for new reservations.
The thrill of it all....smiling smiley
Same.. just added a new one for the earlier FB rumored date cool smiley

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: February 4, 2020 19:44

I don't see the new Las Vegas stadium being ready in time, I think that one is out.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 4, 2020 19:47

Rollin92
Topi
Rollin92

It’s the fact that the Stones don’t think about the home crowd enough that gets to me.

They cared enough to play there in 2012, 2013 and 2018. How many times did Asia and South America (both big markets/fan bases for them) get toured since 2012?

Topi, the States have had countless gigs since 2012. 2012, 2013 and then a five year gap does not equate to a lot of gigs. No disrespect to South American and Asian fans but my point is that the Stones are a British band and the U.K. seems to be an after thought to them.

The Stones could have thrown London dates in this year if they really wanted to. They clearly didn’t want to. It’s the fact they didn’t want to that is galling especially at this late stage.

Patriotism doesn’t pay the bills it’s also an incredibly stupid trait.

Nate

Date: February 4, 2020 19:50

The airlines must know BV by name already. He must have millions of credit card rewards points. At least I hope he does.

Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: February 4, 2020 20:01

Irix
grzegorz67

Completely in agreement with you that it would be messy and logistically complicated to add London to the end of a US Tour and the only time I can ever remember it happening was 2013.

But what if the whole Stage/Lighting/Sound-Equipment is from Europe (e.g. StageCo Belgium) ?

It would barely make a difference if the Cargo-plane lands in London-Heathrow instead of Amsterdam-Schiphol and Trucks bringing then the Equipment back to e.g. Brussels ....

I know it sounds unlikely but Amsterdam was mentioned to me by a Stones insider only a couple of weeks ago...

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: February 4, 2020 20:05

Irix
Trucks bringing then the Equipment back to e.g. Brussels ....

You mean a vinyl box release: Brussels 1973 / 2020 - same setlist? Great idea.

Date: February 4, 2020 20:10

schwonek
Irix

Trucks bringing then the Equipment back to e.g. Brussels ....

You mean a vinyl box release: Brussels 1973 / 2020 - same setlist? Great idea.

No, Stage-Equipment: Atlanta (GA) -> London (UK) -> StageCo Belgium (3150 Tildonk).

Date: February 4, 2020 20:13

johnnythunders

I know it sounds unlikely but Amsterdam was mentioned to me by a Stones insider only a couple of weeks ago...

Here: [iorr.org] .... winking smiley

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 4, 2020 20:16

From the tour page..
"All 15 shows of the tour should now be in place in the list. Venue info and dates expected soon."- bv
[iorr.org]

Thanks again Bjornulf!
This valuable info is always much appreciated!!

Date: February 4, 2020 20:18

slewan
bv
Most of the rumoured dates around are incorrect. Please see the dates to be trusted in the current IORR list.

The Rolling Stones Tour 2020

seems to be a fine collection of America's B-cities (at least from a European point of view), no places that I'd like to visit…

We'll take the Stones in our "B-cities" and meanwhile were sending Jacksonville there to play two football games in London to keep you entertained.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6970717273747576777879...LastNext
Current Page: 74 of 84

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1697
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home