Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6869707172737475767778...LastNext
Current Page: 73 of 84
Re: No Filter Tour 2020
Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: February 4, 2020 16:00

Wow, bv just updated the order!

Atlanta is now last. I hope that comes true. I would love to see the tour closer!

Posted by: MartinStone87 ()
Date: February 4, 2020 16:04

Following the order of rumored dates, would the closure be in July in tampa or atlanta? What do you think?

Date: February 4, 2020 16:07

I say Atlanta. Wrap it up in Chuck's favorite market, climate control facility, maybe a possible recording?

Date: February 4, 2020 16:17

Moving Nashville up in the tour to May is a smart idea. Last time they were there was in June right after the CMA Music Fest and Bonnaroo. This time they will be ahead of it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-04 16:19 by tonyc.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 4, 2020 16:53

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: February 4, 2020 16:55

I guess COTA will have GA/Golden Circle/PIT. A much better layout than seats on the floor.

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: February 4, 2020 16:58

Topi
Rollin92: I still maintain BV never said there was any plan to add London this year. He just said it can be done and has been done. In 1990, I believe a Wembley show got cancelled and they added rescheduled shows later on, at the very end of the 1989-90 Steel Wheels/Urban Jungle tour.

Also, in 2013 they toured US indoor arenas first and then did two festival sites in the UK. The difference to this year is they didn't have the whole stadium stage to haul around.

On page 13 of this thread BV said simply this:

No problem adding London at the end of any tour, they some times ended tours in UK during the past, especially European tours. Just take a look at the summer 2013 tour. US - Glastonbury - London. I am not saying it will happen, but during tour planning it is for sure an option. The show would sell out in an hour.

Bjornulf

It’s the fact that the Stones don’t think about the home crowd enough that gets to me.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: February 4, 2020 17:07

BV, St. Louis venue is now called "The Dome at America's Center" if you want to update that.

According to Wikipedia:

"The Dome provides multiple stadium configurations that can seat up to 82,624 people. "

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 4, 2020 17:19

jaggerman
BV,

Any reason Baltimore was left out ?

Thanks

I have never seen Baltimore with any of my sources...

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-04 17:20 by bv.

Date: February 4, 2020 17:22

Rollin92
Topi
There was no such idea for this year, Rollin92.

They aren't finished yet winking smiley

It was said by Bv that the Stones were considering pinning London dates on as the end of this tour/ each coming tour. I am interested to know why that was dropped.

I never said that.

They do rarely mix shows on different continents for the same tour, last time was 2013, which was an unusual year.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-04 17:23 by bv.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 4, 2020 17:27

bv
Rollin92
Topi

It was said by Bv that the Stones were considering pinning London dates on as the end of this tour/ each coming tour. I am interested to know why that was dropped.

I never said that.

They do rarely mix shows on different continents for the same tour, last time was 2013, which was an unusual year.

the fact that Britain (incl. London) left the EU doesn't make London a part of the USA…

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 4, 2020 17:28

Terminal Tower, Cleveland OH

[twitter.com]

Posted by: Topi ()

Rollin92

It’s the fact that the Stones don’t think about the home crowd enough that gets to me.

They cared enough to play there in 2012, 2013 and 2018. How many times did Asia and South America (both big markets/fan bases for them) get toured since 2012?

Posted by: Keefy ()

jumpontopofmebaby
I wonder if Dallas is the cotton bowl or att stadium in Arlington ?
You know its gonna be at JERRY WORLD

Posted by: RG ()
Date: February 4, 2020 17:30

2020 US Tour
2021 South-America Tour
2022 60th anniversary Tour with 10 shows in London

It's about to happen smiling smiley!

Date: February 4, 2020 17:36

Keefy
jumpontopofmebaby
I wonder if Dallas is the cotton bowl or att stadium in Arlington ?
You know its gonna be at JERRY WORLD

Thats good!

2015 Arlington was a tough ticket. Maybe 120,000 fans in Austin might make it a little easier.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 4, 2020 17:37

slewan
bv
Rollin92
Topi

I never said that.

the fact that Britain (incl. London) left the EU doesn't make London a part of the USA…

Eh??? Agreed and I certainly hope not but irrelevant. We are not the 51st state. I doubt if Britain leaving the EU will affect any band's touring plans. They toured before we joined and they'll tour long after. Logistics are not affected in any way.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: February 4, 2020 17:42

slewan
bv
Most of the rumoured dates around are incorrect. Please see the dates to be trusted in the current IORR list.

The Rolling Stones Tour 2020

seems to be a fine collection of America's B-cities (at least from a European point of view), no places that I'd like to visit…

Agree. San Diego and Austin likely it for me.

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: February 4, 2020 17:52

I am in for San Diego and possibly MNPLS. I am holding out hope for LA or Vegas since that is so close for me.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 4, 2020 18:00

RG

2022 60th anniversary Tour with 10 shows in London

60th Anniversary will probably be in 2023 (Charlie's Band-membership, 1st RS-Single).

Maybe Asia/Oceania in 2021, South America early 2022 plus US-Mini-Tour in Fall 2022. Maybe ....

Posted by: PalaisRoyale ()
Date: February 4, 2020 18:06

With the minimal dates of these mini tours, it's like a lottery win if they play in your city. Canada get's 1 show on these and it look's like it's the West's turn. Have to decide if it's worth shuffling off to Buffalo like 2015. Was really hoping for a new album release to make these shows extra special.

Date: February 4, 2020 18:09

TornAndFried
hockenheim95
BV just added Dallas to the list. Baltimore is missing now.

Seems unlikely they would play in both Dallas and Austin.

Well Texas is large and they will play both Austin and Dallas this summer.

Bjornulf

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 4, 2020 18:12

Haven't seen potential Nashville venues discussed, assuming the Nissan Stadium??
Looks like a close to downtown venue which would be nice...

Hoping to make that one if I can and perhaps road trip to the next one or couple.
Nashville, Dallas and Austin would work nicely depending on dates with a stop-over in Memphis cool smiley

Posted by: MartinStone87 ()
Date: February 4, 2020 18:15

[www.facebook.com]

I don't know if it will be true, but there they publish the dates of the 2020 tour.

Posted by: FlyoverStones ()
Date: February 4, 2020 18:15

PalaisRoyale
With the minimal dates of these mini tours, it's like a lottery win if they play in your city. Canada get's 1 show on these and it look's like it's the West's turn. Have to decide if it's worth shuffling off to Buffalo like 2015. Was really hoping for a new album release to make these shows extra special.

I live in the middle of the US. I will have at least 3 shows less than a five hours drive away. I could fly in for the San Diego or Tampa show for a few hundred dollars but if I want to fly to Vancouver, Toronto or Montreal it will cost me the same as a ticket to London, Paris, or Frankfurt.

It is just easier for the fans to get to shows in the US with the current economy and cost of travel.

I'll give you another example. I could drive to the Louisville show, park, see the show and drive a few hours home. Or I could get a business hotel room (already reserved if the dates hold but we'll see) for $200 and walk to the stadium. This means I can get reasonable seats or even take more people and sit in the back.

I travel to Europe for work but I can't justify flying to the UK or EU just for a Stones concert. The landing fees and taxes for US travelers is too high.

This is really about economics.

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: February 4, 2020 18:20

Topi
Rollin92

They cared enough to play there in 2012, 2013 and 2018. How many times did Asia and South America (both big markets/fan bases for them) get toured since 2012?

Topi, the States have had countless gigs since 2012. 2012, 2013 and then a five year gap does not equate to a lot of gigs. No disrespect to South American and Asian fans but my point is that the Stones are a British band and the U.K. seems to be an after thought to them.

The Stones could have thrown London dates in this year if they really wanted to. They clearly didn’t want to. It’s the fact they didn’t want to that is galling especially at this late stage.

Date: February 4, 2020 18:22

MisterDDDD
Haven't seen potential Nashville venues discussed, assuming the Nissan Stadium??
Looks like a close to downtown venue which would be nice...

Hoping to make that one if I can and perhaps road trip to the next one or couple.
Nashville, Dallas and Austin would work nicely depending on dates with a stop-over in Memphis cool smiley

Yes. Easy walking city and the stadium is a walking bridge away to many downtown hotels, country music attractions and dozens of bars/clubs. Not the best venue as it is aging and faraway seats are really faraway. But, I'm sure you will get closer seats.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-04 18:26 by tonyc.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 4, 2020 18:24

MartinStone87

[www.facebook.com]

Looks very interesting - thanks for posting.

FAKE DATES DELETED by IORR EDITOR

[www.Facebook.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-04 18:39 by bv.

Posted by: FlyoverStones ()
Date: February 4, 2020 18:27

Irix
MartinStone87

[www.facebook.com]

Looks very interesting - thanks for the post.

So Tour-start 2nd May in San Diego and Tour-end 1st August in Atlanta.

I don't do Facebook. Anyone mind reposting all the dates on here?

Date: February 4, 2020 18:27

Irix
MartinStone87

[www.facebook.com]

Looks very interesting - thanks for the post.

So Tour-start 2nd May in San Diego and Tour-end 1st August in Atlanta.

I don't think those dates are accurate. Too far apart and some cities missing.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6869707172737475767778...LastNext
Current Page: 73 of 84

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1577
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home