Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6768697071727374757677...LastNext
Current Page: 72 of 84
Re: No Filter Tour 2020
Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 4, 2020 13:30

Most of the rumoured dates around are incorrect. Please see the dates to be trusted in the current IORR list.

The Rolling Stones Tour 2020

Bjornulf

Posted by: jaggerman ()
Date: February 4, 2020 13:32

BV,

Any reason Baltimore was left out ?

Thanks

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 4, 2020 13:38

bv
Most of the rumoured dates around are incorrect. Please see the dates to be trusted in the current IORR list.

seems to be a fine collection of America's B-cities (at least from a European point of view), no places that I'd like to visit…

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: February 4, 2020 13:44

Bv, why was the idea to finish this tour at home dropped?

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 4, 2020 13:56

There was no such idea for this year, Rollin92.

They aren't finished yet winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-04 13:58 by Topi.

Date: February 4, 2020 13:57

slewan
bv

seems to be a fine collection of America's B-cities (at least from a European point of view), no places that I'd like to visit…

Slewan: Vancouver is one of the most beautiful cities in the world. Highly recommended.

Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: February 4, 2020 14:00

bv
The list is complete now. 15 cities in two months time. Another great tour is coming up this summer!

Excellent.

So, it will be Atlanta instead of Athens.

This will be my first choice to see them if the dates work out. Nice to have Nashville and Louisville as nearby alternatives.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-04 14:02 by tonyc.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: February 4, 2020 14:01

slewan
bv

Austin, Vancouver, San Diego and Nashville are all great cities to visit.

Date: February 4, 2020 14:02

I wonder if Dallas is the cotton bowl or att stadium in Arlington ?

Date: February 4, 2020 14:10

tonyc
bv
The list is complete now. 15 cities in two months time. Another great tour is coming up this summer!

Excellent.

So, it will be Atlanta instead of Athens.

This will be my first choice to see them if the dates work out. Nice to have Nashville and Louisville as nearby alternatives.

Atlanta, Mercedes-Benz Stadium.

Date: February 4, 2020 14:11

jumpontopofmebaby
I wonder if Dallas is the cotton bowl or att stadium in Arlington ?

AT&T Stadium

Date: February 4, 2020 14:23

How many domes this time around !

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: February 4, 2020 14:25

jumpontopofmebaby

Vancouver
Dallas
St Louis
Atlanta

Date: February 4, 2020 14:28

erikjjf
jumpontopofmebaby

Vancouver
Dallas
St Louis
Atlanta

Minnesota also ?

Date: February 4, 2020 14:33

Detroit also.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: February 4, 2020 14:40

Detroit, yes.
Minneapolis, depends. In 2015 they played at TCF Bank stadium, outdoors. But there is now also the indoor alternative, US Bank Stadium.

Date: February 4, 2020 14:42

Topi

It was said by Bv that the Stones were considering pinning London dates on as the end of this tour/ each coming tour. I am interested to know why that was dropped.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 4, 2020 14:53

slewan
bv

Don't be such a snob.

plexi

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 4, 2020 15:06

Rollin92
Topi

It was said by Bv that the Stones were considering pinning London dates on as the end of this tour/ each coming tour. I am interested to know why that was dropped.

What was said is London is always a possible option for any tour as it is a guaranteed sellout.At no point was it a serious rumour for a show this year so it hasn’t been dropped from any plans.

Nate

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-04 15:08 by Nate.

Date: February 4, 2020 15:23

Nate
Rollin92
Topi

What was said is London is always a possible option for any tour as it is a guaranteed sellout.At no point was it a serious rumour for a show this year so it hasn’t been dropped from any plans.

Nate

Then my question is why didn’t they add London dates? I’m not unreasonable in my view that the Stones are a British band and, as such, they should look to play the U.K. a bit more especially at this late stage. The gigs since 2012 have been a bonus but look at that period since 2012 and the 20 years or so before that - the U.K. hasn’t had that many gigs and for the gigs we have had, the wait has been a long time. It’s time to look to home in my view. But it’s just that, my view.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 4, 2020 15:36

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 4, 2020 15:42

timbernardis
slewan
bv

Don't be such a snob.

plexi

or knob.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 4, 2020 15:43

Rollin92
Nate
Rollin92
Topi

Nate

Then my question is why didn’t they add London dates? I’m not unreasonable in my view that the Stones are a British band and, as such, they should look to play the U.K. a bit more especially at this late stage. The gigs since 2012 have been a bonus but look at that period since 2012 and the 20 years or so before that - the U.K. hasn’t had that many gigs and for the gigs we have had, the wait has been a long time. It’s time to look to home in my view. But it’s just that, my view.

As a fellow Brit, it would be nice but we did get those 8 shows in 2018, which per population share was very decent and their biggest UK Tour since 1990. But realistically, they tend to follow the money. They always have done! I would hope they'd finish up here, where it all started in around 2022, which will be their 60th Anniversary.

Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: February 4, 2020 15:47

TornAndFried
slewan
bv

Austin, Vancouver, San Diego and Nashville are all great cities to visit.

And believe it or not, Buffalo (Western New York) has a lot going for it.
Niagara Falls is close by and there is lots to do. Toronto is also a little over an hour away.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: February 4, 2020 15:49

They don't care where they end a tour nowadays. Or why should they choose Burls Creek (originally planned), Warsaw, Quebec or Roskilde as a final show the last few years?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 4, 2020 15:50

Rollin92

I’m not unreasonable in my view that the Stones are a British band and, as such, they should look to play the U.K. a bit more especially at this late stage. The gigs since 2012 have been a bonus but look at that period since 2012 and the 20 years or so before that - the U.K. hasn’t had that many gigs and for the gigs we have had, the wait has been a long time. It’s time to look to home in my view.

Is there enough demand for the Stones in UK ?

Reminds me on German Bands like Kraftwerk or Tangerine Dream which have far more demand (success) abroad than in Germany itself ....

Date: February 4, 2020 15:50

I assume bv has the list in the order of shows. I believe he had the order right last year a day or two before it was announced. So, using the three to four day rest rule and week break around the middle we can get close for dates.

Date: February 4, 2020 15:55

Rollin92: I still maintain BV never said there was any plan to add London this year. He just said it can be done and has been done. In 1990, I believe a Wembley show got cancelled and they added rescheduled shows later on, at the very end of the 1989-90 Steel Wheels/Urban Jungle tour.

Also, in 2013 they toured US indoor arenas first and then did two festival sites in the UK. The difference to this year is they didn't have the whole stadium stage to haul around.

On page 13 of this thread BV said simply this:

No problem adding London at the end of any tour, they some times ended tours in UK during the past, especially European tours. Just take a look at the summer 2013 tour. US - Glastonbury - London. I am not saying it will happen, but during tour planning it is for sure an option. The show would sell out in an hour.

Bjornulf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-04 16:02 by Topi.

Posted by: GJB ()
Date: February 4, 2020 15:56

As BV says trust dates listed - the question is: is the order correct? If so that puts 4 gigs before May 24th at Austin meaning tour start in San Diego likely May 8/9th?

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: February 4, 2020 15:57

dennycranium
slewan
bv

And believe it or not, Buffalo (Western New York) has a lot going for it.
Niagara Falls is close by and there is lots to do. Toronto is also a little over an hour away.

+1 on Buffalo. Probably not a city I would have visited had it not been for the Stones. But I'm glad I did. Depends what you're into, but there's a lot to see/do in terms of architectural walking tours, presidential history, urban regeneration, microbreweries. Same with Detroit (aka Motown), Pittsburgh. A lot of these beaten-down places have really reinvented themselves similar to what the likes of Liverpool, Manchester and Birmingham have done. Also, the b-cities can be quite a bit cheaper. Some are snoozers, but that's why they invented Netflix.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6768697071727374757677...LastNext
Current Page: 72 of 84

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1716
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home