Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5758596061626364656667...LastNext
Current Page: 62 of 84
Re: No Filter Tour 2020
Posted by: Lien ()
Date: February 1, 2020 16:45

MisterDDDD
bye bye johnny
Link to the Twitter person?
[twitter.com]

There's a game that day..at Petco

[www.espn.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 1, 2020 18:53

Two different twitter'ers ( twits?) have posted San Diego the 17th, with one mentioning Petco which seems a no-go due to baseball game.
The other has no mention of venue, but still, May 17th....hmmmm....a Sunday.....beautiful San Diego.... old stadium about to be demolished...can this be true?
We'll find out soon enough, but something tells me the date might be slightly incorrect.

Posted by: jmd ()
Date: February 1, 2020 19:40

Hairball
Two different twitter'ers ( twits?) have posted San Diego the 17th, with one mentioning Petco which seems a no-go due to baseball game.
The other has no mention of venue, but still, May 17th....hmmmm....a Sunday.....beautiful San Diego.... old stadium about to be demolished...can this be true?
We'll find out soon enough, but something tells me the date might be slightly incorrect.

Don’t know about the 5/17 date; guess we will find out soon enough...or not.

Regarding the venue, it’s my understanding that SDSU’s plan is to build the new stadium adjacent to existing SDCCU/Qualcomm/Murph (presumably in parking lot) with goal to play there in 2022. Existing stadium will remain open for business until that is complete, with no demo to occur until fall 2022 at the earliest. So they could certainly host a Stones concert in May 2020. Whether that’s the plan or not, who knows?

(If I recall correctly, Springsteen did some shows in the old LA Sports Arena months before it was demo’d for new LAFC stadium on same site. I don’t think a building’s imminent demo will deter a promoter from renting it...whether or not it’s a dump.)

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: February 1, 2020 19:58

jmd
Hairball

Regarding the venue, it’s my understanding that SDSU’s plan is to build the new stadium adjacent to existing SDCCU/Qualcomm/Murph (presumably in parking lot) with goal to play there in 2022. Existing stadium will remain open for business until that is complete, with no demo to occur until fall 2022 at the earliest. So they could certainly host a Stones concert in May 2020. Whether that’s the plan or not, who knows?

(If I recall correctly, Springsteen did some shows in the old LA Sports Arena months before it was demo’d for new LAFC stadium on same site. I don’t think a building’s imminent demo will deter a promoter from renting it...whether or not it’s a dump.)

Paul McCartney closed Candlestick Party. It was epic. Sort of like the Murph.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: February 1, 2020 19:59

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: February 1, 2020 20:02

daspyknows
jmd
Hairball

Paul McCartney closed Candlestick Party. It was epic. Sort of like the Murph.

Springsteen closed Giants Stadium in NJ with a run of 5 sold out shows in 2009, - each one featuring a classic album played start to finish - months before it was town down. If the Stones want to play at the old stadium in SD they will.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-01 20:54 by TornAndFried.

Date: February 1, 2020 20:10

mtaylor
[twitter.com]

I saw that one.

That person also has the concert at Petco on 5/17, which isn’t possible with the Padres playing that day, and all week prior (which doesn’t allow for stage to be built, etc.) And states later on that thread that the Padres will be at spring training in Peoria, Illinois in March. (Spring training is in AZ.)

Probably need a second, or third, source...

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: February 1, 2020 20:18

[www.aztecstadium.com]

Scroll down to see groundbreaking for new stadium tentative for April 2020... could be some site work underway in May, perhaps minimizing parking areas, which are huge at SDCCU Stadium.

New building looks to be positioned beside the current stadium, which the City of San Diego and SDSU football would need to use while construction is ongoing.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: February 1, 2020 20:20

I live in Peoria, IL! And no the Padres are not playing a Spring Training game here I can 100% assure you! Unless they like playing in snow.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 1, 2020 20:38

Think I saw Qualcomm Stadium mentioned as a possibility for San Diego

Date: February 1, 2020 20:47

Topi
Think I saw Qualcomm Stadium mentioned as a possibility for San Diego

Qualcomm Stadium = SDCCU Stadium

Qualcomm no longer has naming rights to stadium.

Date: February 1, 2020 23:17

A bit OT and out of curiosity (and not that it matters haha), but who was the last act to play the old Madison Square Garden before it was renovated?
Never been to the old one, but have been to the new one back in 2010 or 2011 for a Roger Waters concert.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: February 1, 2020 23:37

Hairball
A bit OT and out of curiosity (and not that it matters haha), but who was the last act to play the old Madison Square Garden before it was renovated?
Never been to the old one, but have been to the new one back in 2010 or 2011 for a Roger Waters concert.

The old Madison Square Garden wasn't renovated, it was demolished and moved to a completely different location. I'm not sure who was the last act to play there but the first act to play at the present day MSG was James Brown in February, 1968.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-01 23:41 by TornAndFried.

Date: February 1, 2020 23:58

TornAndFried
Hairball

The old Madison Square Garden wasn't renovated, it was demolished and moved to a completely different location. I'm not sure who was the last act to play there but the first act to play at the present day MSG was James Brown in February, 1968.

Evidently there's been several Gardens - Madison Square Garden

I was referring to the more recent renovations of MSG at it's current location, and see now there have been several:

"Garden owners spent $200 million in 1991 to renovate facilities and add 89 suites in place of hundreds of upper-tier seats. The project was designed by Ellerbe Becket"

And:

"Madison Square Garden's $1 billion second renovation took place mainly over three offseasons. It was set to begin after the 2009–10 hockey/basketball seasons, but was delayed until after the 2010–11 seasons. Renovation was done in phases with the majority of the work done in the summer months to minimize disruptions to the NHL and NBA seasons"

With that, wonder who last played their prior to the 1991 renovations.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-01 23:59 by Hairball.

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: February 2, 2020 00:46

SDCCU Stadium san diego opened in 1967- 53 years old was a story in latimes its a little rusty

hoping for new vegas stadium- climate controlled

Date: February 2, 2020 03:29

artedm
SDCCU Stadium san diego opened in 1967- 53 years old was a story in latimes its a little rusty

hoping for new vegas stadium- climate controlled

SDCCU Stadium is a few years younger than me, and I'm also a little rusty, but that hasn't stopped me from functioning yet! SDCCU Stadium or Petco Park - hmmmm...it doesn't really matter, but it would be nice to see the old stadium before it turns to dust - she has alot of history. That said, not much happening around the SDCCU Stadium vicinity - lots of apartments, a few restaurants, and only a couple of decent hotels within walking distance (apprx. 2 miles), while Petco Park is practically in the heart of downtown San Diego surrounded by bars, restaurants, nightlife, various tourist attractions, and many nice hotels to choose from - a couple of them within a few hundred feet.

Whatever the case, can't wait to find out, and either way it will be great to see the Stones in San Diego once again! thumbs up

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 2, 2020 05:28

Petco would be my preference for the reasons you listed hairball, but would be cool to check out the old stadium also for the reasons listed.

About a 15 minute drive from Petco to SDCCU.. wonder if there might be shuttles running from downtown area if at the stadium. I'm holding out hope that there might be another LA area or even N Cal show after the opener, Always nice to try to get two shows in on a trip when possible. Only a few hour drive for you and an overnighter I'm assuming?

Plenty of time to sort it out after the announcement..
Hopefully the dates will leak sometime before then cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-02 05:29 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: JAF4JJF ()
Date: February 2, 2020 05:35

I just hope there will be links again here to the LD's!
Terrific deal for me , although I will say you do have to do your homework

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: February 2, 2020 05:47

JAF4JJF

Speaking of doing your homework, there have been some changes on Ticketmaster since the last tour.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: February 2, 2020 05:50

Dan
JAF4JJF

Speaking of doing your homework, there have been some changes on Ticketmaster since the last tour.

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: February 2, 2020 06:45

MisterDDDD
Petco would be my preference for the reasons you listed hairball, but would be cool to check out the old stadium also for the reasons listed.

About a 15 minute drive from Petco to SDCCU.. wonder if there might be shuttles running from downtown area if at the stadium. I'm holding out hope that there might be another LA area or even N Cal show after the opener, Always nice to try to get two shows in on a trip when possible. Only a few hour drive for you and an overnighter I'm assuming?

There is a trolley that stops at the stadium, you can get to all the Mission Valley hotels, as well as Old Town and downtown via the trolley. Also the train from LA can be accessed from the trolley in Old Town or downtown too. Check the train schedule, as the tracks and bluffs in Del Mar are being worked on during the weekends.

Date: February 2, 2020 06:52

MisterDDDD

Yeah a short 3 hour drive (depending on traffic hell) to San Diego, and will make it a two or maybe even a three nighter as I have an aunt, uncle, and cousins that live down there, and we enjoy San Diego!
Been discussing some options with my wife, and decided no matter where the Stones play we'll stay downtown. If it's Petco (which seems doubtful) we're good to go. If it's at SDCCU we'll either cab or uber, but more than likely I'll drive us.
You're welcome to join us either way, but be forewarned I'm known to get road rage easily and drive like a complete maniac - especially to and fro a Stones show! jk grinning smiley I'll send you an email if you want so we can coordinate and discuss a battle plan.

Date: February 2, 2020 07:35

2014Slayer
There is a trolley that stops at the stadium, you can get to all the Mission Valley hotels, as well as Old Town and downtown via the trolley. Also the train from LA can be accessed from the trolley in Old Town or downtown too. Check the train schedule, as the tracks and bluffs in Del Mar are being worked on during the weekends.
Thanks! thumbs up

Date: February 2, 2020 07:38

Hairball
MisterDDDD

Yeah a short 3 hour drive (depending on traffic hell) to San Diego, and will make it a two or maybe even a three nighter as I have an aunt, uncle, and cousins that live down there, and we enjoy San Diego!
Been discussing some options with my wife, and decided no matter where the Stones play we'll stay downtown. If it's Petco (which seems doubtful) we're good to go. If it's at SDCCU we'll either cab or uber, but more than likely I'll drive us.
You're welcome to join us either way, but be forewarned I'm known to get road rage easily and drive like a complete maniac - especially to and fro a Stones show! jk grinning smiley I'll send you an email if you want so we can coordinate and discuss a battle plan.
Thanks! Appreciate the offer. See how it pans out cool smiley

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: February 2, 2020 09:55

babyblue
Dan
JAF4JJF

Such as please explain

Posted by: bradleycsocal ()
Date: February 2, 2020 13:54

I have no information but I have a feeling the Super Bowl will be the official announcement with a surprise Pepsi commercial.....The Greatest Rock & Roll Band announces a tour during America's Greatest Sporting Event...

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 2, 2020 13:55

@babyblue, not sure if this is 100% accurate but it was posted on the Shidoobee Facebook group:

Ticketmaster has introduced some new blockers - to get into a waiting room, we have to sign into TM and have a verification code sent to our cell phone. It will no longer let you into the waiting room without being signed in. And if you are signed into a waiting room in one browser - it will not let you sign into the same account with a second browser. Nor will it let you into a waiting room with the same account on a different computer or device.

I happen to have two Ticketmaster accounts and I was able to give both the same cell phone number and verify the accounts with that number. So if that will let me use two browsers - one account for each - is unknown. I might need a different cell number for each. But I'm thinking I might be able to get into Chrome and Safari with accounts A and B using the same cell number to receive the verification code for the waiting room.

So for Lucky Dips or pit tickets - we might have to collect additional accounts tied to cell phone numbers where the people will text us the verification code if we don't have the phone in our possession. We should test to see if the google voice phone numbers work. We're going to have to play around with this before the sales start and see how we can jump over the blockers. I haven't checked yet to see if I can sign up a third account (for Firefox or the app on my iPad/iPhone) with my same cell number - but I plan to test that.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 2, 2020 14:25

bradleycsocal
I have no information but I have a feeling the Super Bowl will be the official announcement with a surprise Pepsi commercial.....The Greatest Rock & Roll Band announces a tour during America's Greatest Sporting Event...

It would be very surprising if they did that.
It costs over 5 million dollars for a single super bowl commercial.

Nate

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: February 2, 2020 16:03

Bjornulf has made a slight tweak to the 2020 Tour page.

Now saying that Austin F1 Racetrack might get a show.

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: February 2, 2020 16:14

So has anyone else heard the rumour that there will be a European tour in 2020?Comes from a knowledgeable and well placed source...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5758596061626364656667...LastNext
Current Page: 62 of 84

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1787
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home