Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5657585960616263646566...LastNext
Current Page: 61 of 84
Re: No Filter Tour 2020
Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: January 31, 2020 22:28

Burl's Creek seemed like a nightmare to get to, in the middle of nowhere. They should have played at the Rogers Centre. Oh well.

Posted by: northernale1 ()
Date: January 31, 2020 23:01

WelshEdge1
Burl's Creek seemed like a nightmare to get to, in the middle of nowhere. They should have played at the Rogers Centre. Oh well.

thank god there was no social media when woodstock happened

some of the comments about Burls Creek have me SMFH

I personally enjoyed it, out of the concrete cave, open air, trees, camping, meeting new friends,

whatever, seems some people want direct shuttle, plush seats, and single file passages

If they played somewhere similar to Burls Creek I would attend

Posted by: Slimreaper ()
Date: February 1, 2020 00:25

Yep, there's "capacity' and then theres "attendance".. [www.thestar.com]

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: February 1, 2020 00:34

northernale1
...If they played somewhere similar to Burls Creek I would attend

Come here lad, let me feel your forehead. I think you’re burning up! grinning smiley

(Still grouchy about the parking lot. I hope to be out by Easter.)

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: February 1, 2020 00:34

Hairball
GAFF
timbernardis
MisterDDDD
I saw earlier in the thread that May 17th was the rumored opener date in San Diego.
Anyone have a best guess (or know) on the venue?
Would love Petco Park again as they did for the Zip Code opener, but guessing maybe the SDCCU Stadium?
Seems odd now they did Petco when most of the venues on Zip Code were stadiums.

Petco is a stadium.

plexi

No, Petco Park is a ballpark. There is a difference. Anyway, my bet is that they will play the old SDCCU stadium. It is available in mid-May and will be a lot cheaper to secure than Petco Park.

As far as I know, they're one in the same for the most part- both a stadium and a ballpark - Dodger Stadium being a prime example.
The main difference is the shape of the stadium itself.

Yes, and the shape means everything. SDCCU stadium hosted pro football and baseball, while Petco Park is specifically and purely a baseball diamond, that's why it's not called Petco Stadium.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 1, 2020 00:45

GAFF
Hairball
GAFF
timbernardis
MisterDDDD
I saw earlier in the thread that May 17th was the rumored opener date in San Diego.
Would love Petco Park again as they did for the Zip Code opener, but guessing maybe the SDCCU Stadium?

Petco is a stadium.

plexi

No, Petco Park is a ballpark. There is a difference. Anyway, my bet is that they will play the old SDCCU stadium. It is available in mid-May and will be a lot cheaper to secure than Petco Park.

As far as I know, they're one in the same for the most part- both a stadium and a ballpark - Dodger Stadium being a prime example.
The main difference is the shape of the stadium itself.

Yes, and the shape means everything. SDCCU stadium hosted pro football and baseball, while Petco Park is specifically and purely a baseball diamond, that's why it's not called Petco Stadium.

And Dodger Stadium is specifically and purely a baseball diamond and is called a stadium.

* And Angel Stadium in Anaheim - specifically and purely a baseball diamond (originally known as Anaheim Stadium).

And can't forget Yankee Stadium....both the old and new one.

Via wiki - Basball Park/Stadium

"One of the first major league ballparks to be called a "stadium" was actually the New York City Polo Grounds, which was temporarily renamed Brush Stadium from its reconstruction in 1911 until the death of owner John T. Brush in the 1920s. By then, the most famous baseball "stadium" of them all had been constructed: Yankee Stadium. From that point until the retro building boom of the 1990s, the suffix "Stadium" was used for almost every new major league ballpark, and was sometimes applied to the old ones, such as Shibe Park, which was renamed Connie Mack Stadium in 1954".

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-01 01:14 by Hairball.

Posted by: northernale1 ()
Date: February 1, 2020 01:00

SomeTorontoGirl
northernale1
...If they played somewhere similar to Burls Creek I would attend

shit, Burls Creek was a picnic to get out of compared to December 81 Pontiac Silverdome

Come here lad, let me feel your forehead. I think you’re burning up! grinning smiley

(Still grouchy about the parking lot. I hope to be out by Easter.)

again you would have complained about woodstock

hell Im going to see Guns N Roses in Punta Cana Dominican Republic in April,

Im looking for to the chaos and disarray

filtered and organized is what is partially wrong with Rock and Roll today

damn I hate being told to sit down at a rock and roll show

some people should just youtube concerts!!!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 1, 2020 01:18

Almost sorry I asked cool smiley
I booked refundable hotels near(ish) both venues. Always great to catch the opener if possible and San Diego is such a great place to visit!
Looking very probable that it will be, (what I call the Jack Murphy Stadium, cause I'm old) the SDCCU Stadium which is a bit of a drag as Petco is in such a great, easy area downtown..

It's called Petco Park, because it is a baseball park.
Also called a stadium (small s) because generically it is.

From Petco's site:
"WELCOME TO PETCO PARK

There is no better combination in major league baseball than San Diego and Petco Park.
The open-air stadium is like a radiant emerald, set right in the heart of the city."

Date: February 1, 2020 01:39

Well Dodger Stadium is not called Dodger Park, and Yankee Stadium is not called Yankee Park. Hard to even type those as it sounds so silly.
Like I said, they're pretty much one and the same - both a ballpark and a stadium.

Would also like to see them again at Petco stadium (smiling smiley) - great area downtown.

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: February 1, 2020 01:57

WHOOOOoooOOO-HOOOOoooo!

Excitement rises as we expect the next tour-announcement!

Here we go again!

... God-I-love-this-band! smiling bouncing smiley thumbs up spinning smiley sticking its tongue out smileys with beer grinning smiley

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: February 1, 2020 03:08

Hairball
Well Dodger Stadium is not called Dodger Park, and Yankee Stadium is not called Yankee Park. Hard to even type those as it sounds so silly.
Like I said, they're pretty much one and the same - both a ballpark and a stadium.

Would also like to see them again at Petco stadium (smiling smiley) - great area downtown.

But wait, the 49ers used to play at Candlestick Park. Oh and what about the Oakland Coliseum and Los Angeles Coliseum? Are they ballparks or stadiums? Wrigley Field and Soldier Field making my head explode. Maybe they should just play arenas and festivals since there is no confusion (jk)

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: February 1, 2020 03:09

[lasvegassun.com]

This article says first event in Vegas at the new Allegiant Stadium is scheduled for August 16th, which could indicate no Stones gig there on this run. I'm guessing it's a Raiders pre-season game...

I wonder if Ms. Swift has a contractual incentive built into her 2 gigs to open SoFi Stadium in Inglewood, CA on July 25th and 26th? If they'd schedule The Stones in there before her shows, making them the first act there, would she get paid, or perhaps just relent out of respect?

Date: February 1, 2020 03:17

daspyknows
Hairball

But wait, the 49ers used to play at Candlestick Park. Oh and what about the Oakland Coliseum and Los Angeles Coliseum? Are they ballparks or stadiums? Wrigley Field and Soldier Field making my head explode. Maybe they should just play arenas and festivals since there is no confusion (jk)

smiling smiley True enough daspy.

MisterDDDD
I booked refundable hotels near(ish) both venues.

I don't recall seeing rumoured opening dates in San Diego or anywhere for that matter - did you book the whole month of May?!!! Haha.
If possible, I'd like a "ballpark" estimate of when the opening date will be so I can book the dates - smiling smiley - anybody know?

Date: February 1, 2020 03:31

Hairball
MisterDDDD

I don't recall seeing rumoured opening dates in San Diego or anywhere for that matter - did you book the whole month of May?!!! Haha.
If possible, I'd like a "ballpark" estimate of when the opening date will be so I can book the dates - smiling smiley - anybody know?

Someone mentioned that date as the opener earlier in the thread, not sure who.
I also saw it posted by a fan on Twitter fwiw. Obv far from confirmed, but thought worth getting a jump on options as if not then.. soon after cool smiley

Date: February 1, 2020 03:55

MisterDDDD
Hairball
MisterDDDD

I also saw it posted by a fan on Twitter fwiw. Obv far from confirmed, but thought worth getting a jump on options as if not then.. soon after cool smiley

And that date is?

Come on...spill the beans MisterDDDD - I'll buy you a ballpark frank at the ballpark. grinning smiley
Or if it's at the football stadium I'll buy you a stadium dog w/all the fixins! lol...

Date: February 1, 2020 04:27

Hairball
MisterDDDD
Hairball
MisterDDDD

And that date is?

Come on...spill the beans MisterDDDD - I'll buy you a ballpark frank at the ballpark. grinning smiley
Or if it's at the football stadium I'll buy you a stadium dog w/all the fixins! lol...

I think I saw may 17th mentioned.

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: February 1, 2020 04:39

Any cities with potential dates. Looking to get the hotels booked before a spike

Date: February 1, 2020 05:42

jumpontopofmebaby
Hairball

And that date is?

Sorry, yes May 17th.
The twitter person seemed pretty confident, but also stated Petco Park.. So one of those two things now seems to not be accurate as apparently there's a ballgame at the ballpark..cool smiley so who knows?
Don't want to help spread inaccurate info,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-01 05:44 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: February 1, 2020 06:02

TKinOH
[lasvegassun.com]

This article says first event in Vegas at the new Allegiant Stadium is scheduled for August 16th, which could indicate no Stones gig there on this run. I'm guessing it's a Raiders pre-season game...

I wonder if Ms. Swift has a contractual incentive built into her 2 gigs to open SoFi Stadium in Inglewood, CA on July 25th and 26th? If they'd schedule The Stones in there before her shows, making them the first act there, would she get paid, or perhaps just relent out of respect?

I don't have any details but I'm doubtful Taylor Swift has a specific clause in her contract stating she has to be the first artist to perform in the new stadium. Both shows will be sold out and LA doesn't hold any special significance for her. I'm quite sure if the Stones wanted to play there first she wouldn't have an issue with it..if she even has a say in the matter. Anyway, she still owes Mick a favor for appearing onstage with her in Nashville in 2015.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-01 06:25 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 1, 2020 06:13

TornAndFried
treaclefingers
DGA35
MisterDDDD
massmick
Two at Inglewood's new stadium? Pasadena was the hardest ticket last yr with the exception of pre hurricane Miami. Maybe Vegas...could Vancouver handle a double?

New stadium in Inglewood would be good.. now scheduled to open in July I read. Not sure if that fits with logistics, but seems possible.

I think Vancouver could sell out two shows at BC Place.. but with Seattle show last year, it may be tougher. A lot of people to draw from in western Canada etc,band Vancouver has always sold very well.
Forgot about Vegas.. that also makes my wish list winking smiley

Vancouver could handle 2 shows like 89 and 94. As MRDDDD said, it would draw from all of Western Canada and the US. Especially as this would definitely be the last time in Van.

I went to 3 of those 4 shows. With the population almost double that of 1989, I'm pretty sure we could handle a double.

Vancouver will get just one show

Thanks for clarifying that Mick!

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: February 1, 2020 06:26

Taylor swift is opening la stadium 7/25 and 7/26
The first female to open stadium
[www.goodmorningamerica.com]

Stones were just in la last year

Date: February 1, 2020 06:51

MisterDDDD
jumpontopofmebaby
Hairball

And that date is?

Sorry, yes May 17th.
The twitter person seemed pretty confident, but also stated Petco Park.. So one of those two things now seems to not be accurate as apparently there's a ballgame at the ballpark..cool smiley so who knows?

GRRRRR...yeah don't want to help spread inaccurate info either, but gives me something to ponder....thanks.thumbs up
Very well could be at the old dilapidated SDCCU Stadium, but as I mentioned a couple weeks back it might be nice to see the Stones play there and put it out of it's misery.
Who cares about the Stones playing brand new stadiums when they can destroy old ones? Bring it on! smiling smiley

Posted by: Jeter1984 ()
Date: February 1, 2020 07:07

WelshEdge1

The tour only used US football stadiums. The only reason the Stones played that show was because the owner of the venue gave them a sweet guarantee ($7.5M US) and it was a cool way to play one different show (just like Quebec in 2015).

The Burl's Creek show had the poor luck of having the date changed but also horrible pricing from the promoter/venue. Almost the entire venue was GA...most people will not pay $300+ to stand in what was basically a glorified field. Most people estimate there were 40-50k there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-01 07:09 by Jeter1984.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 1, 2020 07:19

GAFF
timbernardis
MisterDDDD

BTW, are u Mike Gaffrey, also of Shidoobee?

plexi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-01 07:50 by timbernardis.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 1, 2020 07:30

Slimreaper
Hey Hairball..Where do you get your"facts" from? Burl's Creek 70,000 attended, Check out the numbers BV posted [iorr.org].... Quebec also had the biggest crowd for ZipCode in 2015....Canada Rules smileys with beer

Is that why Canada got so many shows the last two North American tours?

plexi

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 1, 2020 13:04

MisterDDDD
jumpontopofmebaby
Hairball

And that date is?

Sorry, yes May 17th.

Link to the Twitter person?

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 1, 2020 13:19

How is it that the pre-announcement buzz feels better than the actual tour, almost? winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-01 13:20 by Topi.

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: February 1, 2020 14:03

Topi
How is it that the pre-announcement buzz feels better than the actual tour, almost? winking smiley

I really don't know, but I think it's only better because it's now and all the fine things to expect are still ahead ...

But during the actual tour ... even if only virtually sharing the joy of the gigs, that's much stronger, I'ld assume.

During an US-tour, that means for me as an European staying awake or getting up at 2 or 3 AM in order to be part of the live-streams.

I tell you: I'ld never miss a gig exept for life threat reasons, hehehe grinning smiley

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: February 1, 2020 16:22

[twitter.com]

Here's the blurb I saw about opening in San Diego on May 17th. That date would have to be SDCCU Stadium with the Padres in town...

Kinda hoping the opener falls the following weekend, the long Memorial Day weekend, as I have 4 days off!!

Thanks to Shidobee for the linkage...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-01 16:23 by TKinOH.

Date: February 1, 2020 16:26

bye bye johnny
Link to the Twitter person?
[twitter.com]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5657585960616263646566...LastNext
Current Page: 61 of 84

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1780
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50