Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5253545556575859606162...LastNext
Current Page: 57 of 84
Re: No Filter Tour 2020
Posted by: kovach ()
Date: January 30, 2020 00:02

Send It To me
kovach
Send It To me
St. Louis - first time I won't have to travel for a show in a long time. How weird to just be able to drive downtown!

It's pretty sweet, saw them the last 4 times they came here, hoping to make that 5.

Over the 11 shows I've seen, never have seen them twice in the same venue. Hoping to keep that going with a show at the new Busch Stadium though suspect they'll want to use the larger indoor football stadium that they used for the B2B PPV in '97.

I saw Bigger Bang '06, Bridges '97 and Voodoo in Columbia, MO in '94 when I was at Mizzou. The other 11 of the 14 I've seen were all travels. Even the time I was living in NYC after college was No Security when I had to take the train up to Hartford, lol. The Dome is probably cheaper to rent out, but Busch wouldn't surprise me. I don't like Busch for concerts because they keep the darn house lights up the whole show. I saw McCartney there and it was like a daytime concert almost.

I made the trip to Columbia as well, plus a show at the old Busch Stadium in '87, and our old hockey arena in '81.

Posted by: FlyoverStones ()
Date: January 30, 2020 00:13

I think I'll stop posting for awhile. Most don't read threads or posts thoroughly and then comment without knowing the context. This is not twitter.

Looking forward to more from BV

Date: January 30, 2020 00:31

kovach
Send It To me
St. Louis - first time I won't have to travel for a show in a long time. How weird to just be able to drive downtown!

It's pretty sweet, saw them the last 4 times they came here, hoping to make that 5.

Over the 11 shows I've seen, never have seen them twice in the same venue. Hoping to keep that going with a show at the new Busch Stadium though suspect they'll want to use the larger indoor football stadium that they used for the B2B PPV in '97.

I have seen them in the dome and the arena in St Louis.

I hope they go back to the dome. I do not at all like baseball stadium concerts.

And I hope the date works for me. Four hours is an easy trip for a Stones concert!

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: January 30, 2020 00:36

bv
From the IORR news today: The Rolling Stones are working on a tour in North America lasting from May to July 2020, rumoured to be announced next week. Cities rumoured for shows are San Diego, St. Louis, Atlanta, Cleveland, Louisville, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Baltimore, Nashville, Charlotte, Tampa and Atlanta, all USA, and Vancouver Canada.

I think BV meant to write Dallas instead of Atlanta twice. Dallas is on the list for a show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-30 00:41 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 30, 2020 01:06

TornAndFried
bv
From the IORR news today: The Rolling Stones are working on a tour in North America lasting from May to July 2020, rumoured to be announced next week. Cities rumoured for shows are San Diego, St. Louis, Atlanta, Cleveland, Louisville, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Baltimore, Nashville, Charlotte, Tampa and Atlanta, all USA, and Vancouver Canada.

I think BV meant to write Dallas instead of Atlanta twice. Dallas is on the list for a show.

Dallas may be coming, be surprised if it and Vegas weren't. But in looking at bv's post in the "News" section, he lists Atlanta just the once for a total of twelve cities "San Diego, St. Louis, Cleveland, Louisville, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Baltimore, Nashville, Charlotte, Tampa and Atlanta, all USA, and Vancouver Canada" [iorr.org]
12 down, hopefully four or five to go!

Posted by: rcfoxy ()
Date: January 30, 2020 01:28

MisterDDDD
rcfoxy
I think we mostly agree that Canada is likely to get a show...but what about Mexico? Any chance they will (or even another country close to the USA?)

Wouldn't appear so Richard.. the way Bjornulf ended his post with list of cities with "...all USA, and Vancouver Canada." doesn't make another country seem likely.
Wouldn't surprise me to see another Canadian city in the mix if/when a few more cities make the list though..
The festival in Quebec City had to be a great way for them to end Zip Code, perhaps a repeat?

Yes Mike Im not expecting Mexico to be on the list either...but who knows. Never been to Canada, so that's top of my list to visit this tour currently. Hope to see you at a gig mate :-)

Posted by: Ram ()
Date: January 30, 2020 01:29

TumblinDice76
Snoopy2-ROLL TIDE!! Stones haven't played T-Town since '72.

Yes Roll Tide to that. Keith, The Bear, Saban, Sympathy flares in Brant-Denny Stadium I can see it now!!
"I think I tore up ya field, You don't want me to tear up ya field now do you"
-Mick

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: January 30, 2020 02:15

Of the 18 times I've seen them I expect the shows I'm going to be the best as it will be my last times I will catch em.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-30 02:17 by babyblue.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: January 30, 2020 02:24

daspyknows
SomeTorontoGirl
CJFP
Hoping for a NY date! They wouldn't leave out one of the biggest cities in the nation, would they? Just hope it's at MetLife again. Great venue.

Hey, you’re getting Buffalo NY. Isn’t that enough? grinning smiley

Just like giving Canada one show in Vancouver, eh.

[Grumble...] sad smiley

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: January 30, 2020 02:27

PalaisRoyale
Hoping for a few more Canadian cities to get mentioned. 2 nights at Rogers Centre would make up for the ordeal of Burl's lol!

Just barely.

Date: January 30, 2020 02:31

SomeTorontoGirl
PalaisRoyale
Hoping for a few more Canadian cities to get mentioned. 2 nights at Rogers Centre would make up for the ordeal of Burl's lol!

Just barely.

Quebec City is a possibility. And Buffalo is close enough to Toronto.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 30, 2020 02:37

DGA35
MisterDDDD
massmick
Two at Inglewood's new stadium? Pasadena was the hardest ticket last yr with the exception of pre hurricane Miami. Maybe Vegas...could Vancouver handle a double?

New stadium in Inglewood would be good.. now scheduled to open in July I read. Not sure if that fits with logistics, but seems possible.

I think Vancouver could sell out two shows at BC Place.. but with Seattle show last year, it may be tougher. A lot of people to draw from in western Canada etc,band Vancouver has always sold very well.
Forgot about Vegas.. that also makes my wish list winking smiley

Vancouver could handle 2 shows like 89 and 94. As MRDDDD said, it would draw from all of Western Canada and the US. Especially as this would definitely be the last time in Van.

I went to 3 of those 4 shows. With the population almost double that of 1989, I'm pretty sure we could handle a double.

Posted by: tommycharles ()
Date: January 30, 2020 04:07

Keep in mind that the band decides how many shows they want to play over how many weeks, and promoters find the most economic way of delivering that arrangement. It's not all about whether they can sell a second night these days - even the two cities that got second shows last year very likely had alternate cities they would have played a single show on those nights if they couldn't have sold a second in the first choice city.

Posted by: dougingb ()
Date: January 30, 2020 04:15

No Green Bay? sad smiley

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: January 30, 2020 04:31

[universal977.com]

Thanks to Rocks Off...

Rumors of 2 gigs possible in Mexico City...

Info from a month back but news nonetheless!

The excitement builds!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-30 04:33 by TKinOH.

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: January 30, 2020 05:01

No knocks on the rumored list of cities but not a lot of desirable places to travel to for someone living in the states. Vancouver is a no brainer for us and Mexico City would be incredible. Frankly, it’s incredible we’re gearing up for another summer Stones tour in the year 2020. See you all on the road!

Date: January 30, 2020 05:07

treaclefingers
DGA35
MisterDDDD
massmick
Two at Inglewood's new stadium? Pasadena was the hardest ticket last yr with the exception of pre hurricane Miami. Maybe Vegas...could Vancouver handle a double?

New stadium in Inglewood would be good.. now scheduled to open in July I read. Not sure if that fits with logistics, but seems possible.

I think Vancouver could sell out two shows at BC Place.. but with Seattle show last year, it may be tougher. A lot of people to draw from in western Canada etc,band Vancouver has always sold very well.
Forgot about Vegas.. that also makes my wish list winking smiley

Vancouver could handle 2 shows like 89 and 94. As MRDDDD said, it would draw from all of Western Canada and the US. Especially as this would definitely be the last time in Van.

I went to 3 of those 4 shows. With the population almost double that of 1989, I'm pretty sure we could handle a double.

Vancouver will get just one show

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: January 30, 2020 05:54

TKinOH
[universal977.com]

Thanks to Rocks Off...

The excitement builds!!

December 28 is "April Fools" day here in Mexico city, it's because the radio station shared those joke news...

Date: January 30, 2020 05:59

rogerriffin
TKinOH
[universal977.com]

Thanks to Rocks Off...

The excitement builds!!

December 28 is "April Fools" day here in Mexico city, it's because the radio station shared those joke news...

Playing in Mexico City is actually not too far fetched. If a South American tour is not economically feasible they may decide to just play Mexico this year as it's an easy drive from the US and they would still make good money there.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-30 06:03 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: January 30, 2020 06:30

Vancouver is an awesome city. Just go. Thank me later.

Have committed to other shows in Europe in mid-July so hopefully no clashes with that.

Come to think of it, I need 1 show to make 25 all-time and I have never seen a show in Canada. Plus I would have free accommodation in Vancouver. Tempting!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-30 06:32 by Topi.

Posted by: OhYesMeAgain ()
Date: January 30, 2020 07:01

There was a rumor from a very credible source a while ago that there might be a show in Honolulu. I don't know if that city is still under consideration or not? It is possible that Honolulu was under consider but isn't anymore? Or maybe it is?

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: January 30, 2020 07:02

Lot of St. Louis people chiming in here - we should do a meet-up!

Posted by: OneHourPhoto ()
Date: January 30, 2020 07:50

TornAndFried
rogerriffin
TKinOH
[universal977.com]

Thanks to Rocks Off...

The excitement builds!!

Playing in Mexico City is actually not too far fetched. If a South American tour is not economically feasible they may decide to just play Mexico this year as it's an easy drive from the US and they would still make good money there.
Huh?
Mexico City must be close to a 1000 miles from the nearest larger US city like Houston. Hardly would call that easy

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: January 30, 2020 08:40

Fingers crossed for U.K. next year. To all those going to the USA - hope you have a blast!

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: January 30, 2020 09:06

Rollin92
Fingers crossed for U.K. next year. To all those going to the USA - hope you have a blast!

Fingers crossed for a new good album too!

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: January 30, 2020 09:49

Rollin92

If they are still playing next year then it should be in the Southern Hemisphere.
We had them play multiple shows in the UK recently.

Nate

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: January 30, 2020 10:12

It's 2020 and people are talking about next year.

Go see the band now.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: January 30, 2020 13:31

Topi

Go see the band now.

Yes it´s very funny that some people think this will last forever ... Charlie Watts is almost 79 years old. Everything since 2012 has been a bonus, it has been overtime for many years now.

Go see them now because it can all end tomorrow and it will soon.

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: January 30, 2020 13:38

JumpinJeppeFlash
Topi

Go see the band now.

Yes it´s very funny that some people think this will last forever ... Charlie Watts is almost 79 years old. Everything since 2012 has been a bonus, it has been overtime for many years now.

Of course that’s a risk I’ll have to take as I can’t afford to travel over to the USA, however, I hope all going have a blast.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: January 30, 2020 13:44

Rollin92
JumpinJeppeFlash
Topi

Go see the band now.

Of course that’s a risk I’ll have to take as I can’t afford to travel over to the USA, however, I hope all going have a blast.

I´m sure they will play next year as well as long as they all healthy, but at their age nothing can be taken for granted. They will never quit for other reasons.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5253545556575859606162...LastNext
Current Page: 57 of 84

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1253
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home