Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4950515253545556575859...LastNext
Current Page: 54 of 84
Re: No Filter Tour 2020
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 29, 2020 04:02

- THE ROLLING STONES -
- NO FILTER TOUR 2020 -

Has a nice ring to it, and will look great on merch. thumbs up

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: January 29, 2020 04:33

Another great summer coming up thanks to theStones..come on spring...went to 2 shows last year will do the same in 2020..

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: January 29, 2020 04:42

FlyoverStones
TornAndFried

This tour will definitely be called "No Filter" I have confirmation of that.

And it works, too. Stages, gear, trucks and crew are all in US and ready to roll. No need to make it complicated or over think it. People in America have a bit more disposable income these days. Promoters are willing to pay, easier travel and plenty of space for large shows across a big country that wants to be entertained/distracted.

A summer North American tour also makes it easy for others to travel to the States.

And I wonder if these will be college stadium shows? May and June as noted by BV make it a good time to fill those campus venues.

It will be just like last summer. Mostly NFL stadiums with perhaps a college stadium or two. The pro stadiums are better suited for concerts and offer a higher box office gross, plus the merchandise tie-in with the NFL teams.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-29 04:55 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: stoneslib ()
Date: January 29, 2020 04:57

massmick
Donnebr
Is there an unofficial city listing & potential dates. Just trying to plan a vacation without going through the 53+ pages on this subject.

So far what SEEMS like real leakage is an opener in San Diego in late May, an approx date of 6/17 for a Cleveland OH show and a very solid 6/21 date for a Cardinal Stadium in Louisville KY show. Lots of "makes sense" speculation and some "wishing" speculation after that. Soon we will start seeing clues. Lots of eyes watching for clues...then again, maybe this whole thing takes another left hand turn.

Hmmm, Padres away May 18-25, in case the band reprises the 2015 Zip Code opener in Petco.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: January 29, 2020 05:51

Guess the merchandise will be same as last summer. But it's high time we see a band photo on a T plus a few new designs.

Posted by: JAF4JJF ()
Date: January 29, 2020 05:52

I can't wait! Hoping for a Hershey, PA stop like they did in the beginning of A Bigger Bang Tour

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 29, 2020 06:18

babyblue
Guess the merchandise will be same as last summer. But it's high time we see a band photo on a T plus a few new designs.

Most will be different - there's new dates, city specific, new lithos, etc, etc., etc...maybe even a shirt with band photo.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: January 29, 2020 06:20

They are too cheap to change the name or the basic patterns of the merch winking smiley

Posted by: ChrisMahavishnu ()
Date: January 29, 2020 10:16

Nice to finally have a solid idea of the dates of the 2020 tour, looking forward to seeing what unfolds!

Each leg of the No Filter tour thus far has had unique merchandise alongside the reoccuring designs such as the tongue evolution shirts, so i'm sure there will be more new designs this year too.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: January 29, 2020 10:58

I'm sure the evolution shirt will be back. Actually, I think it's one of the best designs. Yes, would like to see a few new ones appear.

Posted by: FlyoverStones ()
Date: January 29, 2020 13:46

Have you heard anything about which NFL stadiums? They tend to keep wide geographic distances between shows these days to pull more fans. For example, if they play Louisville as rumored then Columbus, OH, Indianapolis, and even Pittsburgh will be too close to get a show. But Cleveland and Nashville are far enough away from Louisville. Large states and areas, however, can accommodate more shows. If they open in San Diego then LA could also get a show.

I’m not booking anything yet but I don’t do flyaway shows anymore.
Just drive-away because there is just too much going on in life these days and I think many fans are in similar situations.

Any thoughts or insights?

Posted by: trevormcmullin ()
Date: January 29, 2020 14:46

I really hope they announce the tour on Feb 6th. it's going to be a major disappointment if they don't. I always feel more confident when BV says that there is validity to the rumours. I'm really hoping for at least one Canadian date... Magnetic Hill in Moncton would be a dream come true but I highly doubt it. Moncton's City council just approved $1 rental's for concerts on the site.

Posted by: massmick ()
Date: January 29, 2020 14:50

FlyoverStones
Have you heard anything about which NFL stadiums? They tend to keep wide geographic distances between shows these days to pull more fans. For example, if they play Louisville as rumored then Columbus, OH, Indianapolis, and even Pittsburgh will be too close to get a show. But Cleveland and Nashville are far enough away from Louisville. Large states and areas, however, can accommodate more shows. If they open in San Diego then LA could also get a show.

Just drive-away because there is just too much going on in life these days and I think many fans are in similar situations.

I dont think miles between venues is an accurate indicator of possible shows...think population. Foxboro, East Rutherford, Philly, Landover...all just a shot away from each other.

Date: January 29, 2020 14:52

trevormcmullin
I really hope they announce the tour on Feb 6th. it's going to be a major disappointment if they don't. I always feel more confident when BV says that there is validity to the rumours. I'm really hoping for at least one Canadian date... Magnetic Hill in Moncton would be a dream come true but I highly doubt it. Moncton's City council just approved $1 rental's for concerts on the site.

That was approved last year but maybe too late for any takers. Price is right in the Stonescwheelhouse winking smiley

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: January 29, 2020 14:56

Will it be all outdoor stadiums or some domes?

And all football cities or some baseball towns?

Posted by: FlyoverStones ()
Date: January 29, 2020 15:00

massmick
FlyoverStones

I dont think miles between venues is an accurate indicator of possible shows...think population. Foxboro, East Rutherford, Philly, Landover...all just a shot away from each other.

I don’t think you read my entire comment. I noted the larger population areas (such as Southern California) were exempt from my geographic distance idea.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 29, 2020 15:11

kovach
Will it be all outdoor stadiums or some domes?

And all football cities or some baseball towns?

It may be both.

Date: January 29, 2020 15:26

FlyoverStones
massmick
FlyoverStones

I don’t think you read my entire comment. I noted the larger population areas (such as Southern California) were exempt from my geographic distance idea.

There are not many areas east of the Mississippi that couldnt support their own shows. Pitt and Clev will each draw from different directions as Luville and Nashville.Yes, didnt catch that as I'm at work...cheers

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-29 15:27 by massmick.

Date: January 29, 2020 15:34

The merch is generally a rip off - the same tour name with the same chooky logo for 4 years? Only if they did the city specific art for t-shirts would it be even worth considering to bother with.

Posted by: boynamedsue69 ()
Date: January 29, 2020 15:52

Why not just enjoy the show...

Date: January 29, 2020 15:55

boynamedsue69

It's a package dealwinking smiley

Date: January 29, 2020 15:59

boynamedsue69

I did. Last year. Didn't buy any merch, just listened to the greatest hits set and went home knowing it was the last time I'll ever see the Stones.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: January 29, 2020 16:02

GasLightStreet
boynamedsue69

I did. Last year. Didn't buy any merch, just listened to the greatest hits set and went home knowing it was the last time I'll ever see the Stones.

then why bother about the merch?

Date: January 29, 2020 16:03

hockenheim95
GasLightStreet
boynamedsue69

Because I see it, people ask me about it, I know some that bought it, and they bitch about the quality.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: January 29, 2020 16:04

GasLightStreet
The same tour name with the same chooky logo for 4 years?

The album is supposed to be called NO FILTER so the name stays.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: January 29, 2020 16:10

TornAndFried

This tour will definitely be called "No Filter" I have confirmation of that.

I still like the title "No Filter". I think it fits very well and works great on merch. My fav tour titles so far were Steel Wheels, Urban Jungle and Voodoo Lounge.

Date: January 29, 2020 16:21

GasLightStreet
hockenheim95
GasLightStreet
boynamedsue69

Because I see it, people ask me about it, I know some that bought it, and they bitch about the quality.

Yup. Buyer beware!
...and if you buy online prepare to wait

Date: January 29, 2020 16:41

This just in...

From Sw/SD
Just heard on our local radio station in St. Louis KSHE95 that they got news of the Stones stopping here this summer said they should have dates by next week

Date: January 29, 2020 16:51

massmick
This just in...

From Sw/SD
Just heard on our local radio station in St. Louis KSHE95 that they got news of the Stones stopping here this summer said they should have dates by next week

Awesome, thanks for the info! Looks like glimmergirl’s list is accurate as usual.

On the 7th day God created The Rolling Stones

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: January 29, 2020 17:15

Rocky Dijon
GasLightStreet
The same tour name with the same chooky logo for 4 years?

The album is supposed to be called NO FILTER so the name stays.

I heard they consider "The Lost Album Tour"...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4950515253545556575859...LastNext
Current Page: 54 of 84

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1789
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home