Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4849505152535455565758...LastNext
Current Page: 53 of 84
Re: No Filter Tour 2020
Posted by: FlyoverStones ()
Date: January 27, 2020 18:50

artedm
stonesdoug on facebook says announcement coming february 6th

This makes sense.

Thursday announcements mean plenty of press into the weekend and possible pre-sale promotions over the weekend and beginning of the following week.

Mick's latest movie is being released in the States on March 6th. In the next 30 days he can cross promote the tour and the film.

Attend the film premiere and talk about the tour. Promote the tour pre-sales on he'll also be in the media with the film trailers.

I personally cannot wait. I might actually get to more than one show this time around.

Posted by: Ram ()
Date: January 27, 2020 19:02

Since Jax & Miami were 2019 thinking and hoping for Atlanta & Tampa for 2020. This would be a nice regional offset. Different venues but somewhat same area!

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: January 27, 2020 19:35

massmick
The July 9-19 Quebec City fest was a HUGELY attended show in 2015. Lineups are not yet out. Is there something I'm missing? Were there issues in 2015? I believe well over 100k were on that f-ing hill!!

Yes. All of them in front of me.

syrel

Posted by: daniel t ()
Date: January 27, 2020 19:41

syrel
massmick
The July 9-19 Quebec City fest was a HUGELY attended show in 2015. Lineups are not yet out. Is there something I'm missing? Were there issues in 2015? I believe well over 100k were on that f-ing hill!!

syrel

Yes, 100 000 people... But in my case, most of them were behind me;-)

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 27, 2020 19:56

daniel t
syrel
massmick

syrel

Same winking smiley
Beautiful location and setting, would definitely make the trip again. Would hope for maybe a Montreal concert on the way though cool smiley
Made a great road trip out of it after Detroit and Buffalo last time...

Posted by: massmick ()
Date: January 27, 2020 21:45

MisterDDDD
daniel t
syrel
massmick

syrel

Same winking smiley
Beautiful location and setting, would definitely make the trip again. Would hope for maybe a Montreal concert on the way though cool smiley

It is an awesome city. The show left some things to be desired but I enjoyed the city for 4 days. I think they return here

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-27 21:47 by massmick.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: January 28, 2020 01:48

massmick
MisterDDDD
daniel t
syrel
massmick

syrel

Same winking smiley

It is an awesome city. The show left some things to be desired but I enjoyed the city for 4 days. I think they return here

There is also the Magnetic Hill festival site in Moncton, NB. The Stones, U2, AC/DC, Eagles, Metallica and Bruce Springsteen have all played there in the past.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-28 06:44 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: January 28, 2020 03:33

Is there an unofficial city listing & potential dates. Just trying to plan a vacation without going through the 53+ pages on this subject.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: January 28, 2020 04:16

Feb 6 = Bob Marley birthday

jb

Date: January 28, 2020 05:27

Donnebr
Is there an unofficial city listing & potential dates. Just trying to plan a vacation without going through the 53+ pages on this subject.

Not yet. Tour dates are rumored to be announced in February

Date: January 28, 2020 06:37

TornAndFried
massmick
MisterDDDD
daniel t
syrel
massmick

syrel

Same winking smiley

There is also the Magnetic Hill festival site in Moncton, NB. Stones, U2, AC/DC, Eagels and Springsteen have all played there in the past.

Magnetic Hill hasn't drawn a major show in years. Moncton city officials have offered it up to major acts for 1$. The site cost 32,000$ a year to upkeep but its location I guess makes it unattractive.
Stones rocked that place and was the key show that allowed the city to go forward with permanent seating.

[youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-28 06:39 by massmick.

Date: January 28, 2020 06:50

Donnebr

So far what SEEMS like real leakage is an opener in San Diego in late May, an approx date of 6/17 for a Cleveland OH show and a very solid 6/21 date for a Cardinal Stadium in Louisville KY show. Lots of "makes sense" speculation and some "wishing" speculation after that. Soon we will start seeing clues. Lots of eyes watching for clues...then again, maybe this whole thing takes another left hand turn.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: January 28, 2020 10:13

timbernardis

But San Diego no longer has an NFL team.

plexi

Come to think of it, neither does London!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 28, 2020 12:26

Vacation plans? Just keep May-July open, unless you want to be away from home while The Rolling Stones are touring, that is in case you live in North America.

Bjornulf

Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: January 28, 2020 13:09

So, it seems like May to July and west to east.

I'm excited Louisville and other potential southeast shows will be on the back end. The band should be firing on all cylinders by then.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: January 28, 2020 14:16

bv
Vacation plans? Just keep May-July open, unless you want to be away from home while The Rolling Stones are touring, that is in case you live in North America.

Thanks BV

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: January 28, 2020 15:42

Good man

Date: January 28, 2020 17:03

bv

This is the news I have been waiting for. Many Thanks!!smileys with beer

Date: January 28, 2020 17:45

tonyc

I'm excited Louisville and other potential southeast shows will be on the back end. The band should be firing on all cylinders by then.

Maybe not exactly west to east...remember there is more than one stage setup.
Heres how 2015 went: California Ohio Minnesota Texas Georgia Florida Tennessee Pennsylvania Wisconsin Missouri North Carolina Indiana Michigan New York Canada

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-28 17:46 by massmick.

Posted by: makustone ()
Date: January 28, 2020 17:54

Hello! Does anyone know what is the cheapest way to go from downtown Los Angeles (walk of fame) to San Diego in transportation and what is the price? I ask this in the event that the tour begins in San Diego as it has been talked about. Thank you!

Date: January 28, 2020 18:45

makustone
Hello! Does anyone know what is the cheapest way to go from downtown Los Angeles (walk of fame) to San Diego in transportation and what is the price? I ask this in the event that the tour begins in San Diego as it has been talked about. Thank you!

Try this link for ideas. I've personally done the one way car rental which was dirt cheap airport to airport at the time. Good luck
[www.travelingwellforless.com]

Posted by: likecats ()
Date: January 28, 2020 18:50

makustone
I think Greyhound bus would be under $30 round trip depending on the day of the week and it stops right across the street from Petco Park. Amtrak train will be a little more but not much. It also stops in San Diego within walking distance of Petco but it’s a longer walk.
If they play at Qualcomm Stadium you’ll need to add a trolley ride to Qualcomm ($2.50-$6.00) round trip.

Date: January 28, 2020 19:25

likecats
makustone
I think Greyhound bus would be under $30 round trip depending on the day of the week and it stops right across the street from Petco Park. Amtrak train will be a little more but not much. It also stops in San Diego within walking distance of Petco but it’s a longer walk.
If they play at Qualcomm Stadium you’ll need to add a trolley ride to Qualcomm ($2.50-$6.00) round trip.

Yes Greyhound is 10-14 each way. Book as early as you can and dont plan on it leaving or arriving on time...2.5-5 hours but there are off peak choices.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: January 28, 2020 23:35

1, I do not know why they are repeating The US. They have fans worldwide.

2. I do not understand why they are calling it the No Filter Tour if it is a
repeat.

3. If there is a new album, why not name tour the same?

I'm not complaining but it does seem out of the norm.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: January 28, 2020 23:48

1. because that's where the money is.

2. it's not a repeat it's a continuation.

3. because there's not.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 28, 2020 23:50

Chris Fountain

The Tour isn't announced yet - but it could be that there's a hint with the Tour-name to a new Album. Maybe they could do it like in 2005: releasing one new Track for the Tour and the Album at the end of the year.

Date: January 29, 2020 00:42

Chris Fountain
1, I do not know why they are repeating The US. They have fans worldwide.

2. I do not understand why they are calling it the No Filter Tour if it is a
repeat.

I'm not complaining but it does seem out of the norm.

No Filter EU had a leg in 2017 and one in 2018.
Why do you think the current plan is odd?
It's just as if they were touring a continent Spring/Summer/Fall... only with a built in pause called Winter.

Yes...fans worldwide. They come from all corners of the planet. Just like EU showswinking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-29 00:45 by massmick.

Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: January 29, 2020 00:48

massmick
tonyc

Maybe not exactly west to east...remember there is more than one stage setup.
Heres how 2015 went: California Ohio Minnesota Texas Georgia Florida Tennessee Pennsylvania Wisconsin Missouri North Carolina Indiana Michigan New York Canada

Anything like that is totally logical compared to how 2019 ended up!

Date: January 29, 2020 02:28

Irix
Chris Fountain

The Tour isn't announced yet - but it could be that there's a hint with the Tour-name to a new Album. Maybe they could do it like in 2005: releasing one new Track for the Tour and the Album at the end of the year.

This tour will definitely be called "No Filter" I have confirmation of that.

Date: January 29, 2020 03:50

TornAndFried

This tour will definitely be called "No Filter" I have confirmation of that.

And it works, too. Stages, gear, trucks and crew are all in US and ready to roll. No need to make it complicated or over think it. People in America have a bit more disposable income these days, promotors are willing to pay, easier travel and plenty of space for large shows across a big country that wants to be entertained/distracted.

A summer North American tour also makes it easy for others to travel to the States.

And I wonder if these will be college stadium shows. May and June as noted by BV make it a good time to fill those campus venues.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4849505152535455565758...LastNext
Current Page: 53 of 84

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1904
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home