Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4748495051525354555657...LastNext
Current Page: 52 of 84
Re: No Filter Tour 2020
Posted by: Slimreaper ()
Date: January 26, 2020 21:03

I doubt Ottawa jazz festival could handle 45,000 + in a downtown site....Wesley Clover Park might be a better bet.. or Landsdowne again like Bigger Bang smileys with beer

Posted by: OhYesMeAgain ()
Date: January 26, 2020 21:26

Thank you Sandy Beach! I know what a valued and reliable source you have been on this website!

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: January 26, 2020 21:39

OhYesMeAgain
Thank you Sandy Beach! I know what a valued and reliable source you have been on this website!

+1 thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-26 21:40 by Nate.

Posted by: 1985jayer ()
Date: January 26, 2020 21:45

Seems to be lots of rumors now. This 2020 USA tour is looking like Zip Code 2020. Starting in California, lots of same cities and maybe a fest. Zip Code was announced in March with May being first show, expect same or maybe late Feb tour announcement. Fyi, the possible fest is Summerfest in Milwaukee, lots of open headliner dates still TBA, they did it before, they like familiar plans and it was awesome. Will make drive from Chicago. Still crossing fingers for Wrigley or Alpine though.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: January 26, 2020 22:19

Not sure Alpine fits a Stadium tour. I think Green Bay and South Bend more likely than a shed. I would love for it to be Alpine but it would be an odd one off for Stadiums. St. Louis had a dome sitting empty. Wrigley would be great but no rumors on that yet.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: January 26, 2020 23:47

Just went to the news section of this website - There is no mention of an upcoming US tour. Shouldn't objective evidence be considered?

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: January 26, 2020 23:55

Chris Fountain
Just went to the news section of this website - There is no mention of an upcoming US tour. Shouldn't objective evidence be considered?

Why don’t you take a look at the No Filter tour 2020 section.

Nate

Date: January 27, 2020 00:02

Thanks Nate! So Louisville - I wonder if they will repeat any cities or states from last year?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 27, 2020 00:03

Chris Fountain

Don't believe the "News" section is where the new tour info will make it's first appearance.
This thread here will likely be where the info unfolds, first by rumors, then thread changes, confirmations et al. imo cool smiley

Based on last years tour, bv updated a thread to these titles on these dates:
"ORIGINAL THREAD TITLE JUNY 2018:
The Rolling Stones tours from now on - after No Filter 2018

UPDATED THREAD TITLE SEPT 2018:
The Rolling Stones Tours 2019 and on - North America next up

UPDATED THREAD TITLE OCT 2018:
The Rolling Stones Tour North America 2019"

[iorr.org]

It didn't get a "News" post until November 12th, and that was after tongue sightings at stadiums etc.
"Nov 12: No Filter Tour USA rumoured for April-June 2019"
[iorr.org]

Date: January 27, 2020 00:14

Thanks MisterDDD!! Sometimes it is difficult to discern from fact, humor, or fiction from posts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-27 00:24 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: January 27, 2020 00:44

First the tongues have to appear. Wonder what cities in Canada will get a tongue.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-27 00:45 by babyblue.

Posted by: GlimmerGirl24 ()
Date: January 27, 2020 01:20

babyblue
First the tongues have to appear. Wonder what cities in Canada will get a tongue.

Cities to look for tongues in are: Buffalo, Cleveland, Green Bay, Louisville, Nashville, Pittsburgh and St. Louis.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: January 27, 2020 02:27

GlimmerGirl24
babyblue

Cities to look for tongues in are: Buffalo, Cleveland, Green Bay, Louisville, Nashville, Pittsburgh and St. Louis.
No Vancouver or Edmonton?

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: January 27, 2020 05:07

Hairball
timbernardis
Hairball
timbernardis
Hairball
Also, patiently waiting for new rumours/dates/cities to start circulating....hoping for L.A., San Diego, Vegas, and S.F..thumbs up

that's just because you want to stay close to home, Hairball !!!

plexi

Last I checked SF is over 350 miles from home, while Vegas is about 320 from home, and San Diego is close to 200 miles from home - none are really "close to home" unless you're Superman faster than a speeding bullet.
L.A. is the closest, but even that's over 50 miles from home! Like last tour, keeping it all west of the Rockies - the furthest I'll venture is SF, Vegas, and maybe Phoenix if they play there again (unlikely) which would break the 400 mile threshold.

Well, a lot closer to home than any other gigs. There was a time when u were like a lot of the rest of us and traveled overseas to see the band. But there may be hope for u -- last year u went to Chicago II. You forgot about that.

plexi

Chicago II was preplanned as my wife was taking part in a conference and it was our anniversary. Just so happens it all coincided with the Stones being there, but I remember telling you all of that already. If I was going there specifically for the Stones, surely I would have gone to the first Chicago show also. As for traveling overseas, all of the times I've seen the Stones in Europe coincided with travel for other reasons, and made a couple of detours in the itinerary to see some shows- guess I've been lucky in a sense that the stars align that way. Furthest I've traveled solely and specifically for a Stones show was from L.A. to Houston in 2003 by train - had a sleeper car which was an adventure in itself. Made my way back home with stops in Oklahoma City and Phoenix, and just so happens the Stones were playing in those cities also so couldn't resist! Anyhow, the days of traveling afar to see the Stones are a thing of the distant past - been there done that. But if for some reason I happen to be in a city for other reasons and the Stones are playing, chances are I'll try to see them. Other than that, been keeping it west of the rockies, and more specifically the west coast with Vegas being the exception (or Phoenix maybe).

PS - Maybe see you in L.A. and/or San Diego. thumbs up

no more traveling far to see the Stones (even Houston qualifies I guess)? You're getting old.

But yes, I have to make another southern Cal trip to do more research on Little Big Man in the spring or summer. It's open ended so hopefully I can make all that synchronize together. (I, too, have managed to sync up a lot of Stones shows with work travel over the years. Conservatively, at least a dozen shows. Helps pay the tour bill.) And MAYBE we can visit for longer than five minutes like we did at the Hollywood Bowl at the Who show in October!!

plexi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-27 05:22 by timbernardis.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 27, 2020 05:08

Maybe the Stones are going towards racking up the highest grossing tour ever by keeping the silly name for 4 years in a row...

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 27, 2020 05:13

timbernardis
Hairball
timbernardis
Hairball
timbernardis
Hairball
Also, patiently waiting for new rumours/dates/cities to start circulating....hoping for L.A., San Diego, Vegas, and S.F..thumbs up

plexi

Last I checked SF is over 350 miles from home, while Vegas is about 320 from home, and San Diego is close to 200 miles from home - none are really "close to home" unless you're Superman faster than a speeding bullet.
L.A. is the closest, but even that's over 50 miles from home! Like last tour, keeping it all west of the Rockies - the furthest I'll venture is SF, Vegas, and maybe Phoenix if they play there again (unlikely) which would break the 400 mile threshold.

Well, a lot closer to home than any other gigs. There was a time when u were like a lot of the rest of us and traveled overseas to see the band. But there may be hope for u -- last year u went to Chicago II. You forgot about that.

plexi

Chicago II was preplanned as my wife was taking part in a conference and it was our anniversary. Just so happens it all coincided with the Stones being there, but I remember telling you all of that already. If I was going there specifically for the Stones, surely I would have gone to the first Chicago show also. As for traveling overseas, all of the times I've seen the Stones in Europe coincided with travel for other reasons, and made a couple of detours in the itinerary to see some shows- guess I've been lucky in a sense that the stars align that way. Furthest I've traveled solely and specifically for a Stones show was from L.A. to Houston in 2003 by train - had a sleeper car which was an adventure in itself. Made my way back home with stops in Oklahoma City and Phoenix, and just so happens the Stones were playing in those cities also so couldn't resist! Anyhow, the days of traveling afar to see the Stones are a thing of the distant past - been there done that. But if for some reason I happen to be in a city for other reasons and the Stones are playing, chances are I'll try to see them. Other than that, been keeping it west of the rockies, and more specifically the west coast with Vegas being the exception (or Phoenix maybe).

no more traveling far to see the Stones (even Houston qualifies I guess)? You're getting old.

But yes, I have to make another southern Cal trip to do more research on Little Big Man in the spring or summer. It's open ended so hopefully I can make all that synchronize together. (I, too, have managed to sync up a lot of Stones shows with work travel over the years. Conservatively, at least a dozen shows. Help pay the tour bill.) And MAYBE we can visit for longer than five minutes like we did at the Hollywood Bowl at the Who show in October!!

plexi

Well we visited more than five minutes in Santa Clara, maybe ten minutes, but maybe that was enough? And are you always annoying, or just when you post replies to me lol.
Just kidding plexi - hope to see you (briefly) somewhere down the road.winking smiley

PS - We're all getting old - especially the Stones.

Date: January 27, 2020 05:14

WelshEdge1
Well, he needs to play it.

The setlist should change quite a bit this year. Otherwise I would have very little interest in this tour this year.

You'll go to shows and u friggin know it!!

plexi

Date: January 27, 2020 05:15

Dougratajczak87
northernale1
Festival, Ottawa Jazz Fest runs June 19th-July1st no line up announcement yet,

last year I believe the headliners were announced before Christmas

just throwing it out there

This would make the most sense to me or something similar to this.

Can’t see Summerfest happening again due to too low of a capacity.

If San Diego ends up at Qualcomm, I’d imagine the rest of the dates are stadiums and not baseball parks, even with the Citifield rumor.

But San Diego no longer has an NFL team.

plexi

Date: January 27, 2020 05:25

Hairball
timbernardis
Hairball
timbernardis
Hairball
timbernardis
Hairball

plexi

plexi

But yes, I have to make another southern Cal trip to do more research on Little Big Man in the spring or summer. It's open ended so hopefully I can make all that synchronize together. (I, too, have managed to sync up a lot of Stones shows with work travel over the years. Conservatively, at least a dozen shows. Help pay the tour bill.) And MAYBE we can visit for longer than five minutes like we did at the Hollywood Bowl at the Who show in October!!

plexi

Well we visited more than five minutes in Santa Clara, maybe ten minutes, but maybe that was enough? And are you always annoying, or just when you post replies to me lol.
Just kidding plexi - hope to see you (briefly) somewhere down the road.winking smiley

PS - We're all getting old - especially the Stones.

Yes, annoyance is in my nature. I have been called a "pest", especially when I put on my "Bernardis Full Court Press" when I need or want something to be done. It usually works, people crack and do my bidding.

This time, maybe even 45 minutes like at Desert Trip.

plexi

Posted by: GlimmerGirl24 ()
Date: January 27, 2020 05:27

babyblue
GlimmerGirl24
babyblue

Not that I've heard, but another city pops up almost every day. I'd love Vancouver - I haven't seen the Stones in the Pacific Northwest yet. Edmonton would be fun too. The seven I mentioned aren't 100% confirmed - but they're getting close to or are in the 90's.

Date: January 27, 2020 05:32

georgelicks
Rollin92
Any further update on a London date?

No shows in Europe this year, only 15-16 US dates from May-July.

seems georgelicks has also been reliable (unlike my earlier protestations) as well as Sandy Beach.

plexi

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: January 27, 2020 05:47

GlimmerGirl24
babyblue
GlimmerGirl24
babyblue

Not that I've heard, but another city pops up almost every day. I'd love Vancouver - I haven't seen the Stones in the Pacific Northwest yet. Edmonton would be fun too. The seven I mentioned aren't 100% confirmed - but they're getting close to or are in the 90's.

Atlanta is on the list. Tampa as well.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-27 20:07 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: January 27, 2020 09:24

Can we please give London a rest now? winking smiley

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: January 27, 2020 09:53

Topi
Can we please give London a rest now? winking smiley

Why? They are a British band after all

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: January 27, 2020 10:08

What I'm saying is they're not playing there this year.

Besides, potus43 said MSG is their home winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-27 10:09 by Topi.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: January 27, 2020 12:48

Topi

Besides, potus43 said MSG is their home winking smiley

grinning smileysmileys with beer

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: January 27, 2020 17:25

stonesdoug on facebook says announcement coming february 6th

Posted by: massmick ()
Date: January 27, 2020 18:20

tonyc
TornAndFried
Dougratajczak87
TornAndFried
hockenheim95
TornAndFried
MizzAmandaJonez
Xcel center in StPaul MN seems to be in

No arenas this tour. Only stadiums and a possible festival.

Which festival are they supposed to play?

That I don't know. I was talking recently to a guy who works for the sound company the Stones use on tour (Clair Global) and he said from what he heard it will be a similar stadium tour to last summer with different cities, but he mentioned there might be a festival thrown in too. Jazz Fest, Bonaroo and Coachella are out as they have already announced their lineups so we'll have to wait and see if that happens.

Maybe Summerfest in Milwaukee again? I have a hard time picturing the Stones playing any festival in the US outside of Jazz Fest, but maybe Summerfest would technically be a festival date with individual performance at the amphitheater. Food for thought.

Why not? Springsteen, McCartney and U2 have all played at Bonaroo before.

Elton John did it one year and Billy Joel another year, too.

Personally, I would not be hoping for Bonnaroo. You have to buy a four day pass and travel to the middle of nowhere to stand in mud in one of the hottest months of the year. Tickets are already on sale so I don't see how they could add the Stones and get all their fans in. They would get to play in front of lots of new fans, though.

Give me Atlanta and a brand new climate control dome and the option of a nice hotel room within a five minute walk any day.

Remember its Zip Code citish. Quebec City Summerfest July 9-19...back to the Plains of Abraham

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-27 18:23 by massmick.

Posted by: Jeter1984 ()
Date: January 27, 2020 18:36

Band wants roughly $7M+(US) guaranteed to play a show, so that obviously eliminates a lot of festivals/venues.

Posted by: massmick ()
Date: January 27, 2020 18:39

hockenheim95
TornAndFried
MizzAmandaJonez
Xcel center in StPaul MN seems to be in

No arenas this tour. Only stadiums and a possible festival.

Which festival are they supposed to play?

Not sure why no one is suggesting FEQ 2020?
The July 9-19 Quebec City fest was a HUGELY attended show in 2015. Lineups are not yet out. Is there something I'm missing? Were there issues in 2015? I believe well over 100k were on that f-ing hill!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-27 18:41 by massmick.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4748495051525354555657...LastNext
Current Page: 52 of 84

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1621
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home