Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4647484950515253545556...LastNext
Current Page: 51 of 84
Re: No Filter Tour 2020
Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: January 26, 2020 05:01

Dougratajczak87
TornAndFried
hockenheim95
TornAndFried
MizzAmandaJonez
Xcel center in StPaul MN seems to be in

No arenas this tour. Only stadiums and a possible festival.

Which festival are they supposed to play?

That I don't know. I was talking recently to a guy who works for the sound company the Stones use on tour (Clair Global) and he said from what he heard it will be a similar stadium tour to last summer with different cities, but he mentioned there might be a festival thrown in too. Jazz Fest, Bonaroo and Coachella are out as they have already announced their lineups so we'll have to wait and see if that happens.

Maybe Summerfest in Milwaukee again? I have a hard time picturing the Stones playing any festival in the US outside of Jazz Fest, but maybe Summerfest would technically be a festival date with individual performance at the amphitheater. Food for thought.

Why not? Springsteen, McCartney and U2 have all played at Bonaroo before.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-26 05:07 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: January 26, 2020 05:24

TornAndFried
Dougratajczak87
TornAndFried
hockenheim95
TornAndFried
MizzAmandaJonez

That I don't know. I was talking recently to a guy who works for the sound company the Stones use on tour (Clair Global) and he said from what he heard it will be a similar stadium tour to last summer with different cities, but he mentioned there might be a festival thrown in too. Jazz Fest, Bonaroo and Coachella are out as they have already announced their lineups so we'll have to wait and see if that happens.

Maybe Summerfest in Milwaukee again? I have a hard time picturing the Stones playing any festival in the US outside of Jazz Fest, but maybe Summerfest would technically be a festival date with individual performance at the amphitheater. Food for thought.

Bonaroo lineup already released

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: January 26, 2020 05:34

Hairball
timbernardis
Hairball
Also, patiently waiting for new rumours/dates/cities to start circulating....hoping for L.A., San Diego, Vegas, and S.F..thumbs up

that's just because you want to stay close to home, Hairball !!!

plexi

Last I checked SF is over 350 miles from home, while Vegas is about 320 from home, and San Diego is close to 200 miles from home - none are really "close to home" unless you're Superman faster than a speeding bullet.
L.A. is the closest, but even that's over 50 miles from home! Like last tour, keeping it all west of the Rockies - the furthest I'll venture is SF, Vegas, and maybe Phoenix if they play there again (unlikely) which would break the 400 mile threshold.

Well, a lot closer to home than any other gigs. There was a time when u were like a lot of the rest of us and traveled overseas to see the band. But there may be hope for u -- last year u went to Chicago II. You forgot about that.

plexi

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: January 26, 2020 05:41

Why ya expecting an announcement during Mick’s movie promotion? Patience.

Date: January 26, 2020 05:44

MizzAmandaJonez
When I called to get group tickets for a Minnesota Wild hockey game to bring a client I asked if they would also handle tickets for the Stones, just to see the reaction, and they said they just had a meeting and that was one of the upcoming events, and its handled by a different department and they didn't have any info yet.

I said are you sure they said Rolling Stones and they said yeah, but I also believe you guys are likely correct about the stadium route being more likely and they have a brand new one there - they were there two tours ago and not sure how well it sold or not - so who knows, just passing on what I heard.

I also know Sacramento sold so fast in 99 and unexpectedly, they had to immediately put a second show on sale and it was a bit of a scramble - heard it caught them off guard- that was an arena and they havent been back since and there is no stadium in Sacramento, FWIW

There's Hughes Stadium where I saw the Faces in September '75 just after Ronnie's first tour with the Stones.

plexi

Date: January 26, 2020 05:47

bv
stickyfingers101
bv

More about the photo and "my other family" here:

Stonesland – My other family

wait a minute...where'd you get that NY shirt? I don't remember seeing that one.

The story of the shirt I am wearing is told in the blog link I listed in the post above.

Where's your "The Plexiglass and Charlie" tshirt I gave u in London at the Pilot Inn at the IORR preparty before the O2 gigs in 2007?

plexi

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 26, 2020 06:54

timbernardis
Hairball
timbernardis
Hairball
Also, patiently waiting for new rumours/dates/cities to start circulating....hoping for L.A., San Diego, Vegas, and S.F..thumbs up

that's just because you want to stay close to home, Hairball !!!

plexi

Last I checked SF is over 350 miles from home, while Vegas is about 320 from home, and San Diego is close to 200 miles from home - none are really "close to home" unless you're Superman faster than a speeding bullet.
L.A. is the closest, but even that's over 50 miles from home! Like last tour, keeping it all west of the Rockies - the furthest I'll venture is SF, Vegas, and maybe Phoenix if they play there again (unlikely) which would break the 400 mile threshold.

Well, a lot closer to home than any other gigs. There was a time when u were like a lot of the rest of us and traveled overseas to see the band. But there may be hope for u -- last year u went to Chicago II. You forgot about that.

plexi

Chicago II was preplanned as my wife was taking part in a conference and it was our anniversary. Just so happens it all coincided with the Stones being there, but I remember telling you all of that already. If I was going there specifically for the Stones, surely I would have gone to the first Chicago show also. As for traveling overseas, all of the times I've seen the Stones in Europe coincided with travel for other reasons, and made a couple of detours in the itinerary to see some shows- guess I've been lucky in a sense that the stars align that way. Furthest I've traveled solely and specifically for a Stones show was from L.A. to Houston in 2003 by train - had a sleeper car which was an adventure in itself. Made my way back home with stops in Oklahoma City and Phoenix, and just so happens the Stones were playing in those cities also so couldn't resist! Anyhow, the days of traveling afar to see the Stones are a thing of the distant past - been there done that. But if for some reason I happen to be in a city for other reasons and the Stones are playing, chances are I'll try to see them. Other than that, been keeping it west of the rockies, and more specifically the west coast with Vegas being the exception (or Phoenix maybe).

PS - Maybe see you in L.A. and/or San Diego. thumbs up

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-26 06:58 by Hairball.

Date: January 26, 2020 07:07

mpj200
Why ya expecting an announcement during Mick’s movie promotion? Patience.

The movie will quickly be forgotten meaning an announcement will be coming sooner rather than later!
In between, maybe Mick can do some promo for the upcoming new Stones album?

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: January 26, 2020 08:12

babyblue
I would love to see 3 shows. Say these:

Vancouver, Canada
Vegas or Portland
Buffalo

Portland needs a decent stadium. The old Civic Stadium has been renovated but a new 35-40k seat stadium would be great, with possibility of future expansion.

Posted by: Sandy Beach ()
Date: January 26, 2020 10:31

Good morning friends.

The tour starts in California.

Date: January 26, 2020 11:20

Sandy Beach
Good morning friends.

Mike Avila on Facebook: I'm hearing May at Qualcomm stadium. We shall see if this holds up..
[www.facebook.com]
40x5 Tributo Bar
[www.facebook.com]

Let's hope It's correct winking smiley

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-26 11:43 by DiegoGlimmerStones.

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: January 26, 2020 11:39

Any further update on a London date?

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: January 26, 2020 14:54

Sandy Beach
Good morning friends.

Thank you.

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: January 26, 2020 15:12

TornAndFried
Dougratajczak87
TornAndFried
hockenheim95
TornAndFried
MizzAmandaJonez

Just thinking financially The Stones would eat up a massive portion of any festival’s budget for talent. I don’t see how it could financially make sense for The Stones and a festival (unless the performance was a dedicated day with separate admission cost).

Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: January 26, 2020 15:45

TornAndFried
Dougratajczak87
TornAndFried
hockenheim95
TornAndFried
MizzAmandaJonez

Elton John did it one year and Billy Joel another year, too.

Personally, I would not be hoping for Bonnaroo. You have to buy a four day pass and travel to the middle of nowhere to stand in mud in one of the hottest months of the year. Tickets are already on sale so I don't see how they could add the Stones and get all their fans in. They would get to play in front of lots of new fans, though.

Give me Atlanta and a brand new climate control dome and the option of a nice hotel room within a five minute walk any day.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 26, 2020 16:55

DiegoGlimmerStones
Sandy Beach
Good morning friends.

Mike Avila on Facebook: I'm hearing May at Qualcomm stadium. We shall see if this holds up..
[www.facebook.com]
40x5 Tributo Bar
[www.facebook.com]

Let's hope It's correct winking smiley

Would be a perfect place to kick it off!!
Assuming a few more west coast gigs after that, Im already all in for another Rolling Stones Road trip!!
The absolute best kind of road trip cool smiley

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: January 26, 2020 17:26

I thought a Europe tour was next up - They just finished the U.S. tour. confused smiley

Posted by: northernale1 ()
Date: January 26, 2020 17:29

Festival, Ottawa Jazz Fest runs June 19th-July1st no line up announcement yet,

last year I believe the headliners were announced before Christmas

just throwing it out there

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: January 26, 2020 17:45

Rollin92
Any further update on a London date?

No shows in Europe this year, only 15-16 US dates from May-July.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: January 26, 2020 18:09

Chris Fountain
I thought a Europe tour was next up - They just finished the U.S. tour. confused smiley

They only played in the about half of the big North American cities last summer. Now they can do the remainder. There is a lot more money to be made there.

Date: January 26, 2020 18:53

Sandy Beach
Good morning friends.

Great news to wake up to, if true.thumbs up

Can't get much closer to home than that - seems the Stones have been reading my posts!!winking smiley
Thinking L.A. and/or San Diego, and hopefully a couple more within striking distance (Vegas, Phoenix, etc.)!

(courtesy of my friend Gary "Stones Fanatic" whom some of you know)

Keep on rolling...smileys with beer

Posted by: rstass ()
Date: January 26, 2020 18:54

Sandy Beach
Good morning friends.

Welcome back Sandy Beach !

I love your "good morning xy city" message !
I hope you can greet us with some other city names soon smiling smiley

Date: January 26, 2020 19:03

It's been quite a few years since the Stones have played Oklahoma City...

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: January 26, 2020 19:13

what you say "the tour starts in california"
what i hear "they're going to do an exclusive club show"
hard to describe how much i hate this goddamn band

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: January 26, 2020 19:29

Hairball
Sandy Beach
Good morning friends.

Can't get much closer to home than that - seems the Stones have been reading my posts!!winking smiley
Thinking L.A. and/or San Diego, and hopefully a couple more within striking distance (Vegas, Phoenix, etc.)!

HB: Now Keith needs to do Happy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-26 19:29 by shattered.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: January 26, 2020 19:41

You don't need to be a clairvoyant to work out what's going on ….

They amuse themselves in 2020 doing more shows in the States

They amuse themselves in 2021 doing more shows god knows where … anywhere other than in the States it suffices to say

They say goodbye to us in 2022, hopefully in the UK where they started - 60 amazing years earlier.

WOW - what a ride !

Anyway, that's my theory, an' I'm stickin' to it !

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: January 26, 2020 19:46

shattered
Hairball
Sandy Beach
Good morning friends.

HB: Now Keith needs to do Happy.

Rumour has it he's been rehearsing it....winking smiley

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: January 26, 2020 19:48

Well, he needs to play it.

The setlist should change quite a bit this year. Otherwise I would have very little interest in this tour this year.

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: January 26, 2020 20:20

northernale1

This would make the most sense to me or something similar to this.

Can’t see Summerfest happening again due to too low of a capacity.

If San Diego ends up at Qualcomm, I’d imagine the rest of the dates are stadiums and not baseball parks, even with the Citifield rumor.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: January 26, 2020 20:54

Dougratajczak87
northernale1

This would make the most sense to me or something similar to this.

Can’t see Summerfest happening again due to too low of a capacity.

If San Diego ends up at Qualcomm, I’d imagine the rest of the dates are stadiums and not baseball parks, even with the Citifield rumor.

Also 2015 was a massive instant sellout with a $200 plus day of show get in so naturally they would shoot for a bigger stadium this time especially if it's the only show in the region. Not as much of a concern where they may be some dates concentrated closer together in the midwest or east coast.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4647484950515253545556...LastNext
Current Page: 51 of 84

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1185
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home