Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4546474849505152535455...LastNext
Current Page: 50 of 84
Re: No Filter Tour 2020
Posted by: artedm ()
Date: January 24, 2020 21:31

stonesdoug posted on facebook cleveland right before louisville

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: January 25, 2020 01:49

bv
Stonesdoug is a great fan and friend, and I love it every time we get to met each other. Most people do not understand how much work it is to run a high volume fan board, Doug is for sure a hero, as he has been in charge of SHIDOOBEE with StonesDoug for ages.

For some reason people think I and Doug are competitors. So wrong. We are both Stones fans and we love the same band. This picture was taken when we had a break in my favorite sofa during the tour last summer, at the VIP area in New Jersey, a couple of hours before show start.

More about the photo and "my other family" here:

Stonesland – My other family

As for 2020 Stones Tour dates, details, all of that, we do all have different sources and ways of dealing with info and rumours, so there is no right or wrong here really. Patience is the word.

It's actually rare to see Bjornulf (BV) in a Stones shirt.

plexi

Date: January 25, 2020 01:50

Hairball
Also, patiently waiting for new rumours/dates/cities to start circulating....hoping for L.A., San Diego, Vegas, and S.F..thumbs up

that's just because you want to stay close to home, Hairball !!!

plexi

Date: January 25, 2020 01:52

No one has brought Gazza/Rocks Off nor Wilhelm (Stones Vikings) into this discussion. Gazza is a rather god-like figure and myth.

plexi

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 25, 2020 03:07

I am not defending or sticking up for anyone but with regard to fanboards, how could there be competition? Is there a financial motive? Even if there is, how would it matter?

iorr is fun but there are other places. So whatever.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 25, 2020 03:20

timbernardis
Hairball
Also, patiently waiting for new rumours/dates/cities to start circulating....hoping for L.A., San Diego, Vegas, and S.F..thumbs up

plexi

Last I checked SF is over 350 miles from home, while Vegas is about 320 from home, and San Diego is close to 200 miles from home - none are really "close to home" unless you're Superman faster than a speeding bullet.
L.A. is the closest, but even that's over 50 miles from home! Like last tour, keeping it all west of the Rockies - the furthest I'll venture is SF, Vegas, and maybe Phoenix if they play there again (unlikely) which would break the 400 mile threshold.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-25 03:21 by Hairball.

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: January 25, 2020 03:53

Amen

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: January 25, 2020 04:11

Hairball
timbernardis
Hairball

plexi

Last I checked SF is over 350 miles from home, while Vegas is about 320 from home, and San Diego is close to 200 miles from home - none are really "close to home" unless you're Superman faster than a speeding bullet.
L.A. is the closest, but even that's over 50 miles from home! Like last tour, keeping it all west of the Rockies - the furthest I'll venture is SF, Vegas, and maybe Phoenix if they play there again (unlikely) which would break the 400 mile threshold.

I will limit it to 3 time zones this tour but my criteria is within 100 miles from the ocean (except Vegas since its a 2 fer with Stones and family) and avoiding formerly confederate states. That limits me to west coast and northeast.

Date: January 25, 2020 04:41

daspyknows
Hairball
timbernardis
Hairball

plexi

I will limit it to 3 time zones this tour but my criteria is within 100 miles from the ocean (except Vegas since its a 2 fer with Stones and family) and avoiding formerly confederate states. That limits me to west coast and northeast.

smiling smiley

I like the 100 miles from the ocean idea - in fact I feel like a fish out of water if I venture even 10 miles inland over an extended period!
Vegas is different because it's a separate reality - a surreal/artificial city where all sense of reality is lost...you can become disoriented and lose you bearings ...sort of like the Twilight Zone.winking smiley
If San Diego is left out of the loop, wondering if Seattle has a chance for another show? Or maybe they'll set up camp across the border to Vancouver?
Would like to see 3 or 4 shows again, so might have to stretch my boundaries to make it happen!

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: January 25, 2020 05:19

Well they really should do another SoCal show if they are close to west coast at all. San Diego, Oakland, Vegas would be fantastic!

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: January 25, 2020 06:13

Hairball
daspyknows
Hairball
timbernardis
Hairball

plexi

smiling smiley

I like the 100 miles from the ocean idea - in fact I feel like a fish out of water if I venture even 10 miles inland over an extended period!
Vegas is different because it's a separate reality - a surreal/artificial city where all sense of reality is lost...you can become disoriented and lose you bearings ...sort of like the Twilight Zone.winking smiley
If San Diego is left out of the loop, wondering if Seattle has a chance for another show? Or maybe they'll set up camp across the border to Vancouver?
Would like to see 3 or 4 shows again, so might have to stretch my boundaries to make it happen!

Seattle will not be getting another show but Vancouver is on the "maybe" list. No second Bay Area show either.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-25 06:32 by TornAndFried.

Date: January 25, 2020 06:13

2014Slayer
Well they really should do another SoCal show if they are close to west coast at all. San Diego, Oakland, Vegas would be fantastic!

Yes, they love California - especially sunny Southern California.
There's never been a US tour where they haven't played somewhere in SoCal, and many tours they've played multiple shows in multiple cities in the area - San Diego, Anaheim, and L.A.
Based on that, can almost 100% guarantee there will be a show somewhere around here.thumbs up

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: January 25, 2020 06:40

I would love to see 3 shows. Say these:

Vancouver, Canada
Vegas or Portland
Buffalo

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: January 25, 2020 07:09

timbernardis
bv
Stonesdoug is a great fan and friend, and I love it every time we get to met each other. Most people do not understand how much work it is to run a high volume fan board, Doug is for sure a hero, as he has been in charge of SHIDOOBEE with StonesDoug for ages.

For some reason people think I and Doug are competitors. So wrong. We are both Stones fans and we love the same band. This picture was taken when we had a break in my favorite sofa during the tour last summer, at the VIP area in New Jersey, a couple of hours before show start.

As for 2020 Stones Tour dates, details, all of that, we do all have different sources and ways of dealing with info and rumours, so there is no right or wrong here really. Patience is the word.

It's actually rare to see Bjornulf (BV) in a Stones shirt.

plexi

Ahhh .. two legends. What a great shot.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: January 25, 2020 07:14

timbernardis
No one has brought Gazza/Rocks Off nor Wilhelm (Stones Vikings) into this discussion. Gazza is a rather god-like figure and myth.

plexi

Yepp Gazza is truly ...."da man". As well .. I must remark ...and on a side note.. the guy has friggin server of a brain in storing all kinds of live shows (Stone's and non-Stones) ... all kinds of albums .. who played what or where. It's like nothing I've ever seen ... and it's all right from memory .... it's bloody crazy!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-25 07:14 by IanBillen.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: January 25, 2020 18:40

bv

wait a minute...where'd you get that NY shirt? I don't remember seeing that one.

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: January 25, 2020 19:23

stickyfingers101
bv

wait a minute...where'd you get that NY shirt? I don't remember seeing that one.

It's fan made. By fans from Argentina, I think.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 25, 2020 20:21

stickyfingers101
bv

The story of the shirt I am wearing is told in the blog link I listed in the post above.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-25 20:22 by bv.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: January 25, 2020 20:51

Very Nice pics as I never seen a pic of either. Thanks for sharing-

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: January 25, 2020 21:03

bv
The story of the shirt I am wearing is told in the blog link I listed in the post above.

I’m not surprised that the shirt is from Juan Ignacio! His bar was featured in Ole Ole Ole, and I was pleased to meet him at the Ben Waters gig at the Ealing Club in 2018... a lovely guy, amid a crowd of wonderfully insane Argentinians. He was nice enough to give me a 40 x 5 lanyard that they were all wearing. You do meet some great people “on the road.” Looking forward to 2020.

Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: January 25, 2020 21:55

Xcel center in StPaul MN seems to be in

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: January 25, 2020 21:58

MizzAmandaJonez

An arena?

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: January 25, 2020 23:02

MizzAmandaJonez

Source?

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: January 26, 2020 00:12

babyblue
MizzAmandaJonez

Source?

IF I post the source's name and phone number, will you call and verify?

Date: January 26, 2020 00:35

MizzAmandaJonez

No arenas this tour. Only stadiums and a possible festival.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: January 26, 2020 00:42

TornAndFried
MizzAmandaJonez

Which festival are they supposed to play?

Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: January 26, 2020 01:14

When I called to get group tickets for a Minnesota Wild hockey game to bring a client I asked if they would also handle tickets for the Stones, just to see the reaction, and they said they just had a meeting and that was one of the upcoming events, and its handled by a different department and they didn't have any info yet.

I said are you sure they said Rolling Stones and they said yeah, but I also believe you guys are likely correct about the stadium route being more likely and they have a brand new one there - they were there two tours ago and not sure how well it sold or not - so who knows, just passing on what I heard.

I also know Sacramento sold so fast in 99 and unexpectedly, they had to immediately put a second show on sale and it was a bit of a scramble - heard it caught them off guard- that was an arena and they havent been back since and there is no stadium in Sacramento, FWIW

Date: January 26, 2020 01:47

hockenheim95
TornAndFried
MizzAmandaJonez

That I don't know. I was talking recently to a guy who works for the sound company the Stones use on tour (Clair Global) and from what he heard it will be a similar stadium tour to last summer with different cities, but he mentioned there might be a festival thrown in too. Jazz Fest, Bonaroo and Coachella are out as they have already announced their lineups so we'll have to wait and see if that happens.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-26 04:59 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: January 26, 2020 03:11

TornAndFried
hockenheim95
TornAndFried
MizzAmandaJonez

That I don't know. I was talking recently to a guy who works for the sound company the Stones use on tour (Clair Global) and he said from what he heard it will be a similar stadium tour to last summer with different cities but he mentioned there might be a festival thrown in too. Jazz Fest, Bonaroo and Coachella are out as they have already announced their lineups so we'll have to wait and see.

I'll take Outside Lands in SF.

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: January 26, 2020 04:37

TornAndFried
hockenheim95
TornAndFried
MizzAmandaJonez

That I don't know. I was talking recently to a guy who works for the sound company the Stones use on tour (Clair Global) and he said from what he heard it will be a similar stadium tour to last summer with different cities, but he mentioned there might be a festival thrown in too. Jazz Fest, Bonaroo and Coachella are out as they have already announced their lineups so we'll have to wait and see if that happens.

Maybe Summerfest in Milwaukee again? I have a hard time picturing the Stones playing any festival in the US outside of Jazz Fest, but maybe Summerfest would technically be a festival date with individual performance at the amphitheater. Food for thought.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4546474849505152535455...LastNext
Current Page: 50 of 84

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1698
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home