Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4344454647484950515253...LastNext
Current Page: 48 of 84
Re: No Filter Tour 2020
Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: January 20, 2020 23:24

Presale will be the days before. The General Sale ist most important for the Lucky Dip people as they are only available on this date (of everything ist selling Well). I am in London for the WHO Show. So I am hoping this won't happen on this day...

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: January 20, 2020 23:28

Nate
Virgin Atlantic operate a 787-9 on that route and it is WiFi enabled so no worries you can spend the whole flight refreshing the ticketmaster website to read sorry no pit tickets available >grinning smiley<

Nate

I was on it last year. Wireless was horrible. Not looking for pit tickets, but 10 or so rows behind end of b stage.

Posted by: OneHourPhoto ()
Date: January 21, 2020 01:53

bv
Press conferences are like telefax - old days and long gone. The new way of announcing a tour is tongues, banners, teasers, painted trams, stuff that may get photos and news sharing into social media, fit for internet distribution.

Well if the announcement timeline is to be believed and if the NFL Shirt tie-in is to be believed as well

Then you have to assume some sort of promotion/tease/surprise halftime appearance next Sunday during the Super Bowl, the most watched/media covered event each year

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: January 21, 2020 02:13

Nate
Virgin Atlantic operate a 787-9 on that route and it is WiFi enabled so no worries you can spend the whole flight refreshing the ticketmaster website to read sorry no pit tickets available >grinning smiley<

Nate

Haha spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: January 21, 2020 02:53

Super Bowl is 2 weeks away, not next Sunday. I'd be shocked if the Stones wasted money on a super Bowl add. In the age of social media announcing a tour at that price is just bad business. And the NFL tie in doesn't really have much to do with Super Bowl advertising. The Network carrying the Super Bowl, which is Fox this year sells advertising not the NFL. So the Stones/NFL tie in has little to do with Super Bowl advertising.

Date: January 21, 2020 03:14

TumblinDice76
Super Bowl is 2 weeks away, not next Sunday. I'd be shocked if the Stones wasted money on a super Bowl add. In the age of social media announcing a tour at that price is just bad business. And the NFL tie in doesn't really have much to do with Super Bowl advertising. The Network carrying the Super Bowl, which is Fox this year sells advertising not the NFL. So the Stones/NFL tie in has little to do with Super Bowl advertising.
"Next Sunday" is correct, if I was talking about Sunday January 26th, I would have said "This Sunday"

And you are incorrect on the other stuff as well. Never said anything about buying advertising.

Fox and NFL/MLB are excellent as cross-promoting, or do you think it was a pure coincidence that Rob Lowe just happened to be in attendance yesterday and shown on TV during the game with his new show premiering tonight?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-21 03:16 by OneHourPhoto.

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: January 21, 2020 03:38

Does Mick want the tour to be done before the end of Euro 2020?

Date: January 21, 2020 04:09

What really is the NFL tie in besides selling T-shirts? Harley Davidson also did a cross marketing with the Stones last Summer.

Posted by: 1985jayer ()
Date: January 21, 2020 04:33

I don't think I could ever go to Lambeau unless the Bears are playing. Die hard fan and bears season ticket holder for many years.I will just say I'm not a fan of anything Green Bay. Hoping for a local Wrigley Field show or even Alpine Valley. Will fly for a couple shows also.

dougingb
They could always go to the Packer Hall of Fame. smiling smiley I live in Green Bay and Packer fans are like a cult. Absolutely fanatical. It is actually scary to live here. Anyway, I image the Stones would stay in Chicago or Milwaukee and commute here. Lambeau Field is a huge stadium, seats around 80,000 for football. Any event there is pretty much guaranteed to sell out. No packer fan would ever turn down the opportunity to attend an event at Lambeau, it is like a holy pilgrimage!

Date: January 21, 2020 04:57

1985-I'm with ya. Die hard Bears fan. ONLY the Stones could get me to Green Bay. However, I do think Green Bay is in play. I'm crossing fingers for St. Louis. Indy would work too.

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: January 21, 2020 05:12

South Bend, perhaps?

Posted by: DeadHead4Ever ()
Date: January 21, 2020 06:04

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-21 06:05 by DeadHead4Ever.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 21, 2020 07:13

No New Orleans in 2020. Fine with me. No need to pay through the nose and ass to see the same tired show from last year.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: January 21, 2020 07:54

I'm a bit skeptical about all this as BV has been silent about all this February 6th and February 14th business.

plexi

Date: January 21, 2020 11:49

TumblinDice76
What really is the NFL tie in besides selling T-shirts? Harley Davidson also did a cross marketing with the Stones last Summer.
That part I agree with you, and what I said if this tie-in is to be believed, as IORR is infamous of twisting nothing into "fact" (i.e in the thread alone, they were playing JazzFest and in Las Vegas in August in the new stadium)

If there is some sort of official/larger play here with NFL and Stones, it would be a missed opportunity on the Stones side not to do some type of cross-promotion in the biggest viewed event each year with over 150 million USA viewers, if in fact, they will be announcing their USA tour a few days later.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: January 21, 2020 11:58

OneHourPhoto
TumblinDice76
That part I agree with you, and what I said if this tie-in is to be believed, as IORR is infamous of twisting nothing into "fact" (i.e in the thread alone, they were playing JazzFest and in Las Vegas in August in the new stadium)

If there is some sort of official/larger play here with NFL and Stones, it would be a missed opportunity on the Stones side not to do some type of cross-promotion in the biggest viewed event each year with over 150 million USA viewers, if in fact, they will be announcing their USA tour a few days later.

now you are turning a rumour into a fact, too smiling smiley There were so many speculations about announcements in the last few years so I would not take it as a fact.

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: January 21, 2020 18:32

Wasn't the recent sale of merch related to NFL teams all the NFL teams? If so, I don't think think that is much of a hint for the upcoming tour. However, I would expect this tour to be another stadium tour, more tickets sold for less shows, and NFL stadiums/marketing tie in makes perfect sense. I would guess we will know shortly.

Date: January 21, 2020 19:11

keefmick-Yes, I believe all 32 NFL team were represented. Originally it was just the cities that hosted 2019 No Filter shows then the second batch was the rest of the NFL teams.

Posted by: FlyoverStones ()
Date: January 21, 2020 20:08

TumblinDice76
keefmick-Yes, I believe all 32 NFL team were represented. Originally it was just the cities that hosted 2019 No Filter shows then the second batch was the rest of the NFL teams.

This changes my thinking on the NFL connection. Rumors of Louisville and South Bend both hosting a Stone show in a college football arena in the summer when these venues are largely unoccupied, open air and of reasonable size could mean that the NFL t-shirt merch was a follow through on a deal and not a sign of things to come.

Louisville and South Bend are also just far enough apart to signal to me, anyway that they could actually be concert sites on a tour.

Also take note of the social media posts from Keith's daughter on Instagram last night showing the Stones video from Love is Strong with a comment about Charlie. Others of the STP have been posting Stones concert related material. Something is clearly coming our way this year.

Date: January 21, 2020 20:45

South Bend would be very cool! Plenty of parking!!

Date: January 21, 2020 21:31

We have a college football stadium (Louisville) as a solid rumor and a baseball stadium (NYC - Citifield) as a good rumor. It seems to indicate all stadium types will be in play.

On the 7th day God created The Rolling Stones

Posted by: swaff ()
Date: January 21, 2020 22:17

Come-On Oakland!!!

P.S. R.I.P. Joey Kramer. Tragg... I can't see the Stones doing that to Charlie, but that's a different thread.

Come-On San Francisco!!!

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: January 21, 2020 22:56

makemeburnthecandle
We have a college football stadium (Louisville) as a solid rumor and a baseball stadium (NYC - Citifield) as a good rumor. It seems to indicate all stadium types will be in play.

Citifield?? That's an awful venue. I saw Dead & Co. there few years ago. Too small and the view is terrible.

Posted by: FlyoverStones ()
Date: January 22, 2020 04:04

Have you heard of a possible date for the Citifield event?

Posted by: Keefy ()
Date: January 22, 2020 17:53

So I might have missed something, but in a Stones NFL jerseys ad that automated and rotated the jerseys,it showed a NEW Dallas Cowboys jersey, BUT when you hit link Dallas jersey not there.It says look for your team when Stones hit your city. This leads me to believe DALLAS date in works on next tour. Any insights or response? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 22, 2020 18:30

Keefy

Any insights or response?

You can compare it here: NFL new - [iorr.org] - vs. Tour-cities 2019 - [iorr.org] .

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 22, 2020 19:38

Keefy
So I might have missed something, but in a Stones NFL jerseys ad that automated and rotated the jerseys,it showed a NEW Dallas Cowboys jersey, BUT when you hit link Dallas jersey not there.It says look for your team when Stones hit your city. This leads me to believe DALLAS date in works on next tour. Any insights or response? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

This is interesting.. I thought they released all of the NFL merch..
Looks like the collaboration may continue in select cities.
A lot of Zip Code cities now make sense for them to hit this time, Dallas would seem a sure bet.

Posted by: Keefy ()
Date: January 22, 2020 19:40

Thanks Irixsmileys with beer

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: January 23, 2020 00:22

The University of Michigan football stadium in Ann Arbor holds 110,000 people every other Saturday, or so, 6-7 times a year. It's centrally located between Northern Ohio (including Toledo and Cleveland), the lower peninsula of Michigan (Detroit, Lansing, Grand Rapids) and most of Ontario. The organization and the infrastructure are there but it's highly unlikely that the Wolverine alumni would allow their sacred gridiron to be trod upon by the great unwashed. Too bad.

Date: January 23, 2020 00:57

rbk-Imagine how much fun the tailgating on the golf course would be for the Stones!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4344454647484950515253...LastNext
Current Page: 48 of 84

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1772
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home