Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4243444546474849505152...LastNext
Current Page: 47 of 84
Re: No Filter Tour 2020
Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: January 19, 2020 23:40

Man on the radio said a press conference for Feb. 6.

US stadium tour for summer. Some speculation about the cities on the NFL shirts released before Christmas - including Green Bay!?!

Atlanta was mentioned - stadium is domed and air conditioned.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: January 20, 2020 10:32

Which radio station?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 20, 2020 10:35

Elmo Lewis

So: Tour announcement + new Tour name = new Studio-Album ?

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: January 20, 2020 10:44

When did the do their last press conference? I would suggest the last one was in Belgium 2007.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: January 20, 2020 12:25

Elmo Lewis
Some speculation about the cities on the NFL shirts released before Christmas.

Irix - can you repost a pic of the shirt /the shirts with the cities? Can't find it - I am sure you will. hot smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-20 12:31 by schwonek.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: January 20, 2020 12:45

I doubt a press conference. It’s all done social media. No need for interviews with reporters dissing ticket prices, asking about baby Jagger, dudes you’re too old bullshit. I say no live press conference

Date: January 20, 2020 13:02

Possible cities that got a NFL shirt:
- Tennessee
- Tampa Bay
- Pittsburgh
- Oakland
- Minnesota
- L.A.
- Kansas City
- Indianapolis
- Green Bay
- Detroit
- Dallas
- Cleveland
- Cincinnati
- Carolina
- Buffalo
- Baltimore
- Atlanta

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: January 20, 2020 13:14

Maybe Jay Bleckley is going to do a live press conf. from. "L A"? winking smiley

Date: January 20, 2020 14:10

Bashlets
I doubt a press conference. It’s all done social media. No need for interviews with reporters dissing ticket prices, asking about baby Jagger, dudes you’re too old bullshit. I say no live press conference

You are prob right. Only if they do a big new album and tour announcement - there might be a press conference. There was one for Bigger Bang and also the one for Bridges to Babylon.

2005: [iorr.org]
1997: [iorr.org]

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 20, 2020 14:16

Press conferences are like telefax - old days and long gone. The new way of announcing a tour is tongues, banners, teasers, painted trams, stuff that may get photos and news sharing into social media, fit for internet distribution.

Bjornulf

Date: January 20, 2020 14:28

bv
Press conferences are like telefax - old days and long gone.

Stoneage. smileys with beer

Posted by: Travman87 ()
Date: January 20, 2020 16:43

Bashlets

IS Gillette Stadium not an option for this tour? (Boston, well Foxborough but Boston is closest city)

Posted by: Travman87 ()
Date: January 20, 2020 16:48

Yep, thought the press conference thing was a strange suggestion.
I do really like them though, wish the Stones would do one again as it's always fun to see the band joking around and answering questions sometimes.

Posted by: zgredzik ()
Date: January 20, 2020 17:28

do any city from 2019 tour will get a show? or just new places?

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: January 20, 2020 17:33

Citi Field was mentioned for NYC earlier in the thread by a user who was correct about the original and rescheduled NJ dates, before they were announced.

Posted by: zgredzik ()
Date: January 20, 2020 17:39

thank you WelshEdge1. I am thinking about coming to States to see Stones. but - right now I don't know how to do it. it would be my first time in America.. work in progress, haha smiling smiley

Posted by: JDSAM1994 ()
Date: January 20, 2020 17:59

I keep seeing Green Bay being mentioned in this thread. Has anyone ever been there? It doesn’t sound like it because you would know that there isn’t a damn thing to do there; it’s a town of 100k who only have a football team. The entire population of brown county is 250k. It seems like the stones schedule cities where there’s also a lot for them to do during off days. Green Bay sure as hell isn't one of those cities with stuff to do.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-20 18:07 by JDSAM1994.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 20, 2020 18:03

WelshEdge1
Citi Field was mentioned for NYC earlier in the thread by a user who was correct about the original and rescheduled NJ dates, before they were announced.

Missed that, thanks.
While baseball parks aren't ideal in terms of field layout and the sight-lines etc., they are ultimately better than NFL stadiums imo. Smaller capacity, more intimate feel for sure, but makes getting a floor/pit ticket all the more important as the seats in the upper deck's, outfield etc. not so great.

With the current screens and stage though, it would be even better than the Zip Code baseball parks I saw them in (Detroit, San Diego) which were both fantastic. Would love to hit some baseball parks instead of NFL stadiums this leg if it happens cool smiley

Posted by: dougingb ()
Date: January 20, 2020 18:41

They could always go to the Packer Hall of Fame. smiling smiley I live in Green Bay and Packer fans are like a cult. Absolutely fanatical. It is actually scary to live here. Anyway, I image the Stones would stay in Chicago or Milwaukee and commute here. Lambeau Field is a huge stadium, seats around 80,000 for football. Any event there is pretty much guaranteed to sell out. No packer fan would ever turn down the opportunity to attend an event at Lambeau, it is like a holy pilgrimage!

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: January 20, 2020 18:54

Sir Paul had no problem selling out Green Bay last year. It doesn't appear he died of boredom there either.

Date: January 20, 2020 19:28

Elmo Lewis

US stadium tour for summer. Some speculation about the cities on the NFL shirts released before Christmas - including Green Bay!?!

Doug
/6 is also what I heard, with tickets going on sale 2/14
[www.facebook.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-20 19:30 by DiegoGlimmerStones.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 20, 2020 19:44

MisterDDDD
WelshEdge1

Missed that, thanks.
While baseball parks aren't ideal in terms of field layout and the sight-lines etc., they are ultimately better than NFL stadiums imo. Smaller capacity, more intimate feel for sure, but makes getting a floor/pit ticket all the more important as the seats in the upper deck's, outfield etc. not so great.

With the current screens and stage though, it would be even better than the Zip Code baseball parks I saw them in (Detroit, San Diego) which were both fantastic. Would love to hit some baseball parks instead of NFL stadiums this leg if it happens cool smiley

Well since you put it like that, I'd have to agree. thumbs up

Pit and center section floor is a necessity, and avoid anything too far either side (field and stands).
The No Filter screens and stage are far better than Zip Code imo, and would look quite impressive and ominous in a baseball stadium.
Dodger stadium (L.A.), Angels stadium (Anaheim), San Diego stadium, and the baseball stadium in S.F. (formerly Pac Bell) would all be great, but where does that leave Vegas?

Date: January 20, 2020 19:53

DiegoGlimmerStones
Elmo Lewis

Doug
[www.facebook.com]

Coming from Stonesdoug/shidoobee, sounds legit - we shall see.thumbs up

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: January 20, 2020 20:06

Hairball
DiegoGlimmerStones
Elmo Lewis

Doug
[www.facebook.com]

Hey! I'm semi-legit. cool smiley

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: January 20, 2020 20:10

DiegoGlimmerStones
Elmo Lewis

Doug
[www.facebook.com]

I hope this isn't true. I will be on an airplane.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: January 20, 2020 20:20

Travman87
Bashlets

IS Gillette Stadium not an option for this tour? (Boston, well Foxborough but Boston is closest city)

I would very much doubt it. They invariably don't duplicate venue cities in consecutive years. If they duplicate cities it will only ever be primary markets like New York and Los Angeles and even then different actual venues within said cities.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-20 20:36 by grzegorz67.

Date: January 20, 2020 20:46

Elmo Lewis
Hairball
DiegoGlimmerStones
Elmo Lewis

Doug
[www.facebook.com]

Hey! I'm semi-legit. cool smiley

Yes, as is the "Man on the radio". smiling smiley

Meant to say thanks previously, so thanks Elmo.
It all sounds like semi-legit/solid rumours!

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: January 20, 2020 20:55

DiegoGlimmerStones
Elmo Lewis

Doug
[www.facebook.com]

I'm on holiday from work that day so suits me very well. When tix went on sale last year, I was on a train from London to Stansted Airport with a dodgy wifi signal and, as it happens, on my way to Krakow, Poland to see Paul McCartney. I ended up empty handed sad smiley But I still made it to Chicago 1 thumbs up

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: January 20, 2020 23:04

grzegorz67
DiegoGlimmerStones
Elmo Lewis

Doug
[www.facebook.com]

I'm on holiday from work that day so suits me very well. When tix went on sale last year, I was on a train from London to Stansted Airport with a dodgy wifi signal and, as it happens, on my way to Krakow, Poland to see Paul McCartney. I ended up empty handed sad smiley But I still made it to Chicago 1 thumbs up

I will be on the Virgin Atlantic SF to Heathrow flight. Virgin wifi no bueno.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: January 20, 2020 23:17

Virgin Atlantic operate a 787-9 on that route and it is WiFi enabled so no worries you can spend the whole flight refreshing the ticketmaster website to read sorry no pit tickets available >grinning smiley<

Nate

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4243444546474849505152...LastNext
Current Page: 47 of 84

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2043
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home