Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4142434445464748495051...LastNext
Current Page: 46 of 84
Re: No Filter Tour 2020
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 17, 2020 03:12

@TornAndFried - No mention of August, but BV did hint at a summer tour:

"Just hold May-June-July available in your calendar"

If the new Vegas stadium is not ready by July, chances are close to nil they'll be playing in Vegas at all.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 17, 2020 03:16

jumpontopofmebaby
daspyknows
TornAndFried
IGTBA
massmick
artedm
report from vegas that first stadium event is set for August 16th

[www.reviewjournal.com]

Hmmm...thanks
This may be falling off the radar then.

They encountered significant problems with the overall structure to support the roof. The roof was originally scheduled to be completed last year; now it's delayed to mid-May. So there are at least two potential problems that may delay completion: any further delay with the roofing support and if significant rain happens before roof completion, that rain could damage finish work currently being done. Although "substantial completion" is still scheduled for July 31, it would be too risky for the Stones to schedule any Allegiant concert before mid-August and there is some risk Allegiant will be delayed beyond mid-August.

It's unfortunate, since it appears to be a great stadium and Vegas is a great concert city; but these problems and potential delays may prevent Allegiant from being ready when the Stones are planning to tour this summer.

If the Stones are planning to play Las Vegas and the new stadium is not completed by the time they are touring they have the option to play at Sam Boyd Stadium.

Have you been to Las Vegas in July or August? There is a reason the new stadium will have a roof.

They need the roof so they can turn the air conditioning on ?

Good question - after all, it's dry heat.

It ain't New Orleans.

Date: January 17, 2020 03:18

Rollin92
Someone must know whether it is still on the table (albeit not a done deal) or no longer on the table? If it’s off the table I can stop getting excited about the 2020 tour and get excited again when they next play home.

They can get up and walk away...

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: January 17, 2020 04:03

Hey relax. Mick's cards are on the table, but they used Keith's deck and it's a big enough umbrella but Sting's always getting wet. It all works out in the end.

Date: January 17, 2020 05:51

Rocky Dijon
Hey relax. Mick's cards are on the table, but they used Keith's deck and it's a big enough umbrella but Sting's always getting wet. It all works out in the end.

Well, this isn't necessarily to soften the blow so the bruises won't show, after all, I have the expert politesse, but at least none of them were born and raised in south Detroit.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: January 17, 2020 05:57

GasLightStreet
jumpontopofmebaby
daspyknows
TornAndFried
IGTBA
massmick
artedm

[www.reviewjournal.com]

Hmmm...thanks

They encountered significant problems with the overall structure to support the roof. The roof was originally scheduled to be completed last year; now it's delayed to mid-May. So there are at least two potential problems that may delay completion: any further delay with the roofing support and if significant rain happens before roof completion, that rain could damage finish work currently being done. Although "substantial completion" is still scheduled for July 31, it would be too risky for the Stones to schedule any Allegiant concert before mid-August and there is some risk Allegiant will be delayed beyond mid-August.

It's unfortunate, since it appears to be a great stadium and Vegas is a great concert city; but these problems and potential delays may prevent Allegiant from being ready when the Stones are planning to tour this summer.

If the Stones are planning to play Las Vegas and the new stadium is not completed by the time they are touring they have the option to play at Sam Boyd Stadium.

Have you been to Las Vegas in July or August? There is a reason the new stadium will have a roof.

It ain't New Orleans.

Yeah, have you been to Vegas in August? Desert Trip in October knocked Mick out of commission.

Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: January 17, 2020 08:51

daspyknows

Yeah, have you been to Vegas in August? Desert Trip in October knocked Mick out of commission.

Different things. Desert trip was outside in windy very dusty hot air. Vegas Allegiant will be inside in temperature controlled filtered air. But if you were referring to the possibility of an outdoor summer concert at Sam Boyd stadium, there are several reasons that would never happen.

It's very unfortunate there is too much risk of Allegiant being not ready during the most likely time frame for this summers Stones tour.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: January 17, 2020 09:27

IGTBA
daspyknows

Different things. Desert trip was outside in windy very dusty hot air. Vegas Allegiant Stadium will be inside in temperature controlled filtered air. But if you were referring to the possibility of an outdoor summer concert at Sam Boyd stadium, there are several reasons that would never happen.

What are the reasons why that would never happen?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-17 09:40 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: bradleycsocal ()
Date: January 17, 2020 15:27

The Stones can do whatever they want true.I speculation on the end of July or beginning of August is based on the opening of the new Raiders stadium. Stadium shows are pretty much the business model the Stones are using now. My guess is if the stadium doesn't open as schedule they won't be playing Vegas, no right size venue.

Date: January 17, 2020 15:38

daspyknows
GasLightStreet
jumpontopofmebaby
daspyknows
TornAndFried
IGTBA
massmick
artedm

[www.reviewjournal.com]

Hmmm...thanks

It ain't New Orleans.

I won't set foot anywhere in the Midwest like Utah, Colorado, Iowa, Kansas, Nebraska, Arkansas, or in the SW like Arizona, Nevada or California if I can help it - too dry, just one gigantic nose bleed.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: January 17, 2020 16:04

GasLightStreet
Well, this isn't necessarily to soften the blow so the bruises won't show, after all, I have the expert politesse, but at least none of them were born and raised in south Detroit.

Now that you mention it, the lion and the lamb are locked in an embrace and I'd be hung, drawn, and quartered for a sheep as well as a lamb while the elephant's in the bedroom throwing all his weight about. You know what they say about sharks crying and goats rutting. You won't get it till it's in your face.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-17 16:05 by Rocky Dijon.

Date: January 17, 2020 18:12

IGTBA
daspyknows

Different things. Desert trip was outside in windy very dusty hot air. Vegas Allegiant will be inside in temperature controlled filtered air. But if you were referring to the possibility of an outdoor summer concert at Sam Boyd stadium, there are several reasons that would never happen.

It's very unfortunate there is too much risk of Allegiant being not ready during the most likely time frame for this summers Stones tour.

Referring to Sam Boyd Stadium. New LV Stadium (not using stupid corp name) will be ready (hopefully) by mid July but there have been rumblings of delays in putting on the roof.

Personally I would love Vegas. Have family and friends there so free place to stay and its a fun place to visit. Much better than Louisville, Detroit, Dallas, Atlanta, KC, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh and on and on for me.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 17, 2020 20:16

daspyknows
IGTBA
daspyknows

Referring to Sam Boyd Stadium. New LV Stadium (not using stupid corp name) will be ready (hopefully) by mid July but there have been rumblings of delays in putting on the roof.

Personally I would love Vegas. Have family and friends there so free place to stay and its a fun place to visit. Much better than Louisville, Detroit, Dallas, Atlanta, KC, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh and on and on for me.

Agree - Vegas is a fun place to be no matter what time of the year, and it's only a five hour drive for us. Was just there over New Years and visited the Titanic exhibit at the Luxor -quite enlightening!
My wife gets free comped rooms at a bunch of hotels - from MGM, New York New York, to Mandalay Bay along with several others. And I get free rooms comped at the Tropicana, so we got accommodations completely covered.
We're headed back again in March, and I might make a solo trip to see The Who in May. Now all we need is the new stadium and the STONES for the summer of 2020!

Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: January 17, 2020 22:09

TornAndFried
IGTBA
daspyknows

Different things. Desert trip was outside in windy very dusty hot air. Vegas Allegiant Stadium will be inside in temperature controlled filtered air. But if you were referring to the possibility of an outdoor summer concert at Sam Boyd stadium, there are several reasons that would never happen.

Primarily, the outdoor temperature in the summer - it's too hot, even at night, for the current Stones layout. Being in one of the pits could be dangerously hot. Many fans would not attend because of the heat. Also, the stadium capacity is relatively low with a lot of seating at the south end of the field, so the stage would have to be located towards the north (open) end of the field. The sun would be heating the stage, pits, and most of the field and seating until just before sunset. A late afternoon soundcheck would be in the sun during a very hot time of day. If the stage was put at the south end, the overall seating capacity would be much lower than at other US stadiums. Also, after their Desert Trip experience, it's doubtful the Stones would look forward to performing outdoors again in the desert, especially during a hotter time of year. The overall appearance of the stadium is well below that of typical NFL or even most major university's stadiums and the location is relatively far from the strip and even downtown hotels, where most out-of=town fans would prefer to stay.

The most recent briefing (yesterday), on the new Vegas stadium, stated they were very confident it would be "substantially complete" and "ready to be turned over to the Raiders" by July 31. However, given the very tight completion schedule and some risks, I'm sure the Stones would want some type of guarantee or insurance the stadium would be complete, if they were to schedule any concert there in late July or the first half of August. I doubt the Raiders or stadium authority would issue such a guarantee/insurance and getting private insurance would be quite expensive, if it's even possible. So unless the Stones would be planning to perform there later than the middle of August, I see very little chance of it happening in Vegas this year. Too bad, since I live in that area.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: January 17, 2020 22:22

IGTBA
TornAndFried
IGTBA
daspyknows

Primarily, the outdoor temperature in the summer - it's too hot, even at night, for the current Stones layout. Being in one of the pits could be dangerously hot. Many fans would not attend because of the heat. Also, the stadium capacity is relatively low with a lot of seating at the south end of the field, so the stage would have to be located towards the north (open) end of the field. The sun would be heating the stage, pits, and most of the field and seating until just before sunset. A late afternoon soundcheck would be in the sun during a very hot time of day. If the stage was put at the south end, the overall seating capacity would be much lower than at other US stadiums. Also, after their Desert Trip experience, it's doubtful the Stones would look forward to performing outdoors again in the desert, especially during a hotter time of year. The overall appearance of the stadium is well below that of typical NFL or even most major university's stadiums and the location is relatively far from the strip and even downtown hotels, where most out-of=town fans would prefer to stay.

The most recent briefing (yesterday), on the new Vegas stadium, stated they were very confident it would be "substantially complete" and "ready to be turned over to the Raiders" by July 31. However, given the very tight completion schedule and some risks, I'm sure the Stones would want some type of guarantee or insurance the stadium would be complete, if they were to schedule any concert there in late July or the first half of August. I doubt the Raiders or stadium authority would issue such a guarantee/insurance and getting private insurance would be quite expensive, if it's even possible. So unless the Stones would be planning to perform there later than the middle of August, I see very little chance of it happening in Vegas this year. Too bad, since I live in that area.

I understand. The only time I was at Sam Boyd Stadium was when I was touring with U2 on the 360 Tour in 2009. I recall it was older and much smaller than the other venues we played....especially with that gigantic stage. The concert was in October and if memory serves the weather was beautiful. Summer would be a different experience altogether.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: January 17, 2020 22:59

You would be torn and fried in that heat!

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: January 18, 2020 02:57

How early in May would the tour start?

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: January 18, 2020 07:19

regarding- las vegas
the raiders football team executives addressed the stadium board saying stadium will be 100% ready by 8/1/20
[www.8newsnow.com]

a local reporter says a "announcement" is scheduled for next week january 22nd
[twitter.com]

another report the nfl team is holding dates in early september for concerts
[arizonasports.com]

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: January 18, 2020 08:48

WelshEdge1
How early in May would the tour start?

Guess it starts in FL. I would like a June start.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-18 08:49 by babyblue.

Date: January 18, 2020 09:59

I spent my money last year on a few shows, including the Stones at the Superdome. I'm glad they aren't playing the 2020 Jazz Fest - it would be a nightmare. I find it extremely likely they will never play JF. That's not saying much considering they won't be touring much longer but JF learned about the Stones.

I'm surprised they've booked The Who.

There's a crunch time coming with these nostalgia acts - at some point no one will be willing to book the Stones - and that will be the true end of the band as it has been since 2005.

Date: January 18, 2020 18:10

GasLightStreet
I spent my money last year on a few shows, including the Stones at the Superdome. I'm glad they aren't playing the 2020 Jazz Fest - it would be a nightmare. I find it extremely likely they will never play JF. That's not saying much considering they won't be touring much longer but JF learned about the Stones.

There's a crunch time coming with these nostalgia acts - at some point no one will be willing to book the Stones - and that will be the true end of the band as it has been since 2005.

There will always be promoters willing to book these acts if people will go and money can be made. The insurance premiums just go up. the longer the lead time. Shows and tours get cancelled regardless of age. Buddy Guy still touring into his 80's and tour booked all year through 2020 already. Tony Bennett still touring, Willie Nelson still touring. Shows get cancelled due to health reasons but new shows booked. Age has nothing to do with it. Last year First Aid Kit (20 something Swedish sisters) cancelled a tour due to "burnout".

If the Stones or The Who want to tour in 10 years Live Nation will be waiting.

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: January 18, 2020 19:36

Good thing the Stones are not a big bunch of babies like most of the posts here complaining about heat humidity sunlight too dry too wet too cold sounds like you want them to perform in a retirement home climate controlled.

Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: January 18, 2020 23:25

GasLightStreet

Yes. I doubt any promoter would try and dare book the Stones after 2087.

Date: January 19, 2020 02:12

tonyc
GasLightStreet

Won't matter to me, I'll be dead.

Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: January 19, 2020 14:06

daspyknows
tonyc
GasLightStreet

Won't matter to me, I'll be dead.

Me, too.

By then it will only be Keith.

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: January 19, 2020 17:09

Yes, just a Keith solo tour seems realistic 2087.

Date: January 19, 2020 20:24

Here is my take on upcoming NA tour.

3 shows S.America
1 Mexico
4 Canada
6 USA

Date: January 19, 2020 21:02

babyblue

3 shows S.America
1 Mexico
4 Canada
6 USA

Based on what info?

Posted by: MysteryTour84 ()
Date: January 19, 2020 22:42

Just heard a rumour on the radio, Paris in the summer?

Date: January 19, 2020 23:28

mi
daspyknows
babyblue

3 shows S.America
1 Mexico
4 Canada
6 USA

Based on what info?