Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4041424344454647484950...LastNext
Current Page: 45 of 84
Re: No Filter Tour 2020
Posted by: TurningToGold2 ()
Date: January 15, 2020 17:30

Yeah about the New Orleans date, the other night I spoke to my Jazz Fest source who is pretty well plugged in to the booking side of things. I asked them about the Stones playing the Fest, and although I didn't get a direct, flat-out verbal "NO!" as an answer, it was pretty obvious from the reaction I got to the question, that I was barking up the wrong tree, and it's not part of the plans. It was briefly looked at rescheduling the Stones at the Fest, in the early stages of planning, there was an element in the Stones camp that truly wanted to do it, but sadly it's a no-go at this point.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 15, 2020 18:30

Topi

I for one think London was/is just wishful thinking. (Besides, quite expensive to haul the staging overseas for a one-off, no?)

But it could be possible when the Stage-parts are rented from Stageco Belgium (plus Sound/Lighting maybe from other European companies) then the whole equipment has to be brought back to Europe anyway.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 15, 2020 19:24

stickyfingers101
tonyc
cyclist
Really surprised to see Oakland speculation. I don't believe The Coliseum hosts concerts, which leaves the Arena, which the Stones played in 2013, with a much smaller capacity...

Oakland can use a concert. They lost two sports teams in a year. I'm sure the Coliseum will accommodate.

aren't they tearing that place down?

Pearl Jam is playing there in a month or two....

Would be appropriate for the Stones to be the last band to play there - leaving debris and rubble in their wake.
Who cares about opening new stadiums when the Stones can permanently close down old ones!

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: January 15, 2020 20:01

Hairball
stickyfingers101
tonyc
cyclist
Really surprised to see Oakland speculation. I don't believe The Coliseum hosts concerts, which leaves the Arena, which the Stones played in 2013, with a much smaller capacity...

Oakland can use a concert. They lost two sports teams in a year. I'm sure the Coliseum will accommodate.

aren't they tearing that place down?

Pearl Jam is playing there in a month or two....

Would be appropriate for the Stones to be the last band to play there - leaving debris and rubble in their wake.
Who cares about opening new stadiums when the Stones can permanently close down old ones!

Pearl Jam is playing the arena. Arena staying open for now and the stadium going no where either since the A's play there. Eventually there may be a new baseball stadium there.

Date: January 15, 2020 20:16

Oh yeah, forgot about the A's and never even realized that was their home stadium!
I remember the good old days of Reggie Jackson, Vida Blue, and Rollie Fingers c. early-mid '70's....

Posted by: dougingb ()
Date: January 15, 2020 21:37

Anyone hear any rumors about a possible show at Lambeau Field in Green Bay? Usually every June they have a big concert there-last year was Paul McCartney and the year before was Billy Joel.

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: January 15, 2020 21:46

I think green bay is very possible- an nfl stadium they did not play last year
the last nfl football home playoff game was this past sunday- but the stadium had no teaser- so ?

dougingb
Anyone hear any rumors about a possible show at Lambeau Field in Green Bay? Usually every June they have a big concert there-last year was Paul McCartney and the year before was Billy Joel.

Posted by: FlyoverStones ()
Date: January 15, 2020 22:23

A thought just occured to me. I have not seen or heard any tour teaser/news related to NFL stadiums during the recent playoff games here in America.

However, the Super Bowl is February 2nd in Miami at the Hard Rock Stadium.

Could they be planning one big tour announcement then? Perhaps one commercial right after the half-time show? It would get global attention.

artedm
I think green bay is very possible- an nfl stadium they did not play last year
the last nfl football home playoff game was this past sunday- but the stadium had no teaser- so ?

dougingb

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: January 15, 2020 22:44

Have you got any idea how much advertising costs at the Super Bowl

Nate

Posted by: FlyoverStones ()
Date: January 15, 2020 22:54

Nate

Nate

Yes. Yes, I do.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 15, 2020 23:12

Nate

Nate
Indeed. But if they were "partnering" with the NFL, the cost would be significantly less or even free depending on the deal and the promo.

Obviously they partnered with them last year on the merch, stadium management, promotion, et al., but can't recall if they ended up doing any promo at or during the Super Bowl itself. Seem to recall there was something. I don't think they will have that kind of arrangement this year with the NFL though. They've already released every(?) teams jerseys (tees) with combined logos, probably as part of last years deal.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: January 15, 2020 23:33

Rollin92
There was talk previously of a London date being added at the end of the 2020 tour. Is this still in play?

No there wasn't.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: January 15, 2020 23:52

oh we absolutely talked about that

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 16, 2020 04:37

Dan
Rollin92
There was talk previously of a London date being added at the end of the 2020 tour. Is this still in play?

No there wasn't.

Yes there was.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: January 16, 2020 11:38

If you go to page 17 of this thread, there is some talk about London, but basically:

"Anybody here hoping for London?"

Page 18:
"But I do think they'll want to end it in London so finishing there after a tour mostly elsewhere gives them that option as an 'insurance' so to speak."

Some speculation/wishful thinkin even on the previous pages, (see pages around 5 to 8)

But never once in this thread has BV himself said that London would be on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-16 11:40 by Topi.

Date: January 16, 2020 11:46

Topi
If you go to page 17 of this thread, there is some talk about London, but basically:

"Anybody here hoping for London?"

Page 18:
"But I do think they'll want to end it in London so finishing there after a tour mostly elsewhere gives them that option as an 'insurance' so to speak."

Some speculation/wishful thinkin even on the previous pages, (see pages around 5 to 8)

But never once in this thread has BV himself said that London would be on.

If memory serves (and my memory isn't really that good) there was more than just wishful thinking. Someone knew something, but I can't recall exactly what was said.

Date: January 16, 2020 12:36

Actually, I did a search - albeit a quick one - for the word "London" in every page of this thread...

Bård, maybe you are referring to this:

chriseganstar
mtaylor
bv
No problem adding London at the end of any tour, they some times ended tours in UK during the past, especially European tours. Just take a look at the summer 2013 tour. US - Glastonbury - London. I am not saying it will happen, but during tour planning it is for sure an option. The show would sell out in an hour.

If they want to have their very final concert in London - then 2-3 shows in London in 2020 make sense. Not sure they will have the energy in 2021. Charlie will be 80.
The Royal Albert Hall celebrates 150 years in 2021. Joyce Smith is on the steering committee for the celebratory shows, so assuming they are still healthy enough, that is where and when the final show or shows will be.

My apologies, I take back what I previously said about BV not mentioning London. He does mention it on page 13. (Still doesn't say it's happening...winking smiley)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-16 12:39 by Topi.

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: January 16, 2020 13:06

Someone must know whether it is still on the table (albeit not a done deal) or no longer on the table? If it’s off the table I can stop getting excited about the 2020 tour and get excited again when they next play home.

Date: January 16, 2020 13:11

The problem is it probably never was "on the table" for this year. Now I do get the part about the whole RAH anniversary in 2021 and all, but that's a different kind of animal.

Then again, we all know BV quite often mentions the Stones having offers on the table for shows all over the place.

I know nothing, of course, I just go by what BV (and now StonesDoug) say, and the
latest word around that campfire says USA, nothing else.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-16 13:12 by Topi.

Re: Jazz Fest?!
Posted by: fulldevilhakysac ()
Date: January 16, 2020 17:24

dead and company weekend 2 of jazz fest?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-16 17:25 by fulldevilhakysac.

Re: Jazz Fest?!
Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: January 16, 2020 18:47

fulldevilhakysac
dead and company weekend 2 of jazz fest?

Lineup and Schedule just released.

[www.nojazzfest.com]

Posted by: massmick ()
Date: January 16, 2020 19:39

artedm
report from vegas that first stadium event is set for August 16th

[www.reviewjournal.com]

Hmmm...thanks
This may be falling off the radar then.

Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: January 16, 2020 21:49

massmick
artedm

[www.reviewjournal.com]

Hmmm...thanks

They encountered significant problems with the overall structure to support the roof. The roof was originally scheduled to be completed last year; now it's delayed to mid-May. So there are at least two potential problems that may delay completion: any further delay with the roofing support and if significant rain happens before roof completion, that rain could damage finish work currently being done. Although "substantial completion" is still scheduled for July 31, it would be too risky for the Stones to schedule any Allegiant concert before mid-August and there is some risk Allegiant will be delayed beyond mid-August.

It's unfortunate, since it appears to be a great stadium and Vegas is a great concert city; but these problems and potential delays may prevent Allegiant from being ready when the Stones are planning to tour this summer.

Posted by: Slimreaper ()
Date: January 17, 2020 00:18

My Prediction.... And I'm always right, except when I'm wrong, 7 or 8 american dates (secondary markets not played last year) and the rest in Canada,they haven't cut a real swath since Bigger Bang.smileys with beer

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: January 17, 2020 00:20

IGTBA
massmick
artedm

[www.reviewjournal.com]

Hmmm...thanks

They encountered significant problems with the overall structure to support the roof. The roof was originally scheduled to be completed last year; now it's delayed to mid-May. So there are at least two potential problems that may delay completion: any further delay with the roofing support and if significant rain happens before roof completion, that rain could damage finish work currently being done. Although "substantial completion" is still scheduled for July 31, it would be too risky for the Stones to schedule any Allegiant concert before mid-August and there is some risk Allegiant will be delayed beyond mid-August.

It's unfortunate, since it appears to be a great stadium and Vegas is a great concert city; but these problems and potential delays may prevent Allegiant from being ready when the Stones are planning to tour this summer.

If the Stones are planning to play Las Vegas and the new stadium is not completed by the time they are touring they have the option to play at Sam Boyd Stadium.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 17, 2020 00:40

TornAndFried
IGTBA
massmick
artedm

[www.reviewjournal.com]

Hmmm...thanks

If the Stones are planning to play Las Vegas and the new stadium is not completed by the time they are touring they have the option to play at Sam Boyd Stadium.

Likely not any arena's on tap, but regardless of what you thought of the concert (hairball winking smiley) the T-Mobile arena was a great venue in '16.
A two night stand there would work nicely please and thank you cool smiley

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: January 17, 2020 00:43

TornAndFried
IGTBA
massmick
artedm

[www.reviewjournal.com]

Hmmm...thanks

Have you been to Las Vegas in July or August? There is a reason the new stadium will have a roof.

Date: January 17, 2020 01:06

daspyknows
TornAndFried
IGTBA
massmick
artedm

[www.reviewjournal.com]

Hmmm...thanks

Have you been to Las Vegas in July or August? There is a reason the new stadium will have a roof.

They need the roof so they can turn the air conditioning on ?

Date: January 17, 2020 01:24

MisterDDDD

Likely not any arena's on tap, but regardless of what you thought of the concert (hairball winking smiley) the T-Mobile arena was a great venue in '16.
A two night stand there would work nicely please and thank you cool smiley

Mick was still sick and struggling, and it was only an 18 song setlist - FAR from their best performance!!! But they redeemed themselves by blazing succesful trails across North America on 2019. smileys with beer
T-Mobile is quite sterile and the upper sections are as steep as the edge of the Grand Canyon (truly nosebleeds) - it would be far better at the much smaller and quaint MGM where they played many great shows in the past, but the smaller capacity would probably see them go back to T-mobile unfortunately to maximize profits. I don't think they'll be playing any arenas though, so it's a really non-issue.

Regarding Vegas in the summer - it's a scorching hellhole that reaches a dry desert 110 F. on a regular basis easily. There's a reason the new stadium will have a roof - AC/climate control, etc.
And there's a reason that sidewalks on the Strip have misters blasting out cool spray on pedestrians - without them there'd be thousands of tourists unaccustomed to the heat dying in the streets (only a slight exaggeration).

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: January 17, 2020 02:23

daspyknows
TornAndFried
IGTBA
massmick
artedm

[www.reviewjournal.com]

Hmmm...thanks

Who said they are planning to be touring in July or August? They can play Vegas in April or May.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-17 04:08 by TornAndFried.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4041424344454647484950...LastNext
Current Page: 45 of 84

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1896
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home