Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3738394041424344454647...LastNext
Current Page: 42 of 84
Re: No Filter Tour 2020
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 10, 2020 04:21

daspyknows
Hairball
Forgot to mention daspy the manager at the Hyatt in Santa Clara was really cool - I had minor/slow internet problems the first night so he offered to give me a $80 dinner voucher!
I asked if he could just take $80 off my final room bill instead haha and he did! Then he waived my parking fees, and gave me the second parking pass to give to you. thumbs up smiling smiley Good times...

Most definitely. I still need to hit the post office. Forgot I have something to send your way.

No rush...I figure it will be very well worth the wait.thumbs up
Speaking of post office, was out in Vegas for ten days w/my wife for the New Years and had mail on hold - when I went to post office to pick it up the imbeciles had misplaced it all!
They eventually found it all after a couple of days, but have to say I almost went "postal" on them... winking smiley...bastards.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: January 10, 2020 06:31

massmick
Topi
massmick

I dont think an "announcement" has been predicted for today/tomorrow...just more leaks...or possibly the start of whatever marketing gimmick they choose.

Well, that FB post did say:

"A Few Dates Will Be Announced This Thursday For 2020 Rolling Stones Tour!!
I will Be Live in L A on Friday
Stay Tuned"

Yes, yes it did. Literal or figurative???
If you sleuth a little, there are some interesting coincidences to be foundwinking smiley

Hah, and pretty bad English as well. Even Doug admitted the whole thing was nothing more than a post this person had posted (and that they were guessing). Doug just shared it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-10 06:51 by Topi.

Date: January 10, 2020 15:18

Might mean nothing, but the Stones official FB page shared a live clip (Rambler, MSG 2003).

They've been known to do this in anticipation of tour announcements...

Or it's a coincidence. Gotta see if there's a pattern here.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 10, 2020 15:35

Travman87
bradleycsocal
My money is on The Stones to open the Rams new stadium at the end of July and then they will open the Raiders new stadium in Las Vegas in August.

The NFL thing great publicity for both.

Well Taylor Swift is already opening the new stadium so the Stones would have to be after her i think. Could still open the new one in Vegas though. That would be epic

The Rolling Stones will always be the first band to play Spartan Stadium in East Lansing, MI.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 10, 2020 15:35

Topi
Might mean nothing, but the Stones official FB page shared a live clip (Rambler, MSG 2003).

They've been known to do this in anticipation of tour announcements...

Or it's a coincidence. Gotta see if there's a pattern here.

They posted this on Twitter about an hour ago.. with no comment.
Got me thinking this may be the start of the lead up and then saw your post..
spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

[twitter.com]

Date: January 10, 2020 15:38

Ha! Good eye, DDDD. I'm not on Twitter so I missed that. We'll see how this plays out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-10 15:39 by Topi.

Date: January 10, 2020 15:39

rlj1010
I'm just glad we're finally at a year where people will finally drop the stupid "two thousand and", and say "twenty-twenty".

HA! I've been saying Twenty for years. Twenty Hundred. People would say "You mean two thousand?" So I'll ask, what year did you graduate high school from?

"Nineteen Eightyfive."

Oh? Not One thousand, eightyfive?

"Well no, you don't say it like that."

You should've just said it like that.

19, 20. There's no difference other than the number.

Date: January 10, 2020 15:40

TumblinDice76
Any word on Midwest?

Think they'll play Denver and Kansas City?

Date: January 10, 2020 15:43

jahisnotdead
In my opinion, if it truly another leg of No Filter, we might as well expect the new album in 2022 instead of this year.

It will be. At least the stage is cool. They could keep it the NO FILTER stage for years, well, I mean, for a little longer - no one would really notice.

Date: January 10, 2020 16:20

Seems like an announcement is getting close. BV, can you give us a glimmer?

On the 7th day God created The Rolling Stones

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 10, 2020 16:50

makemeburnthecandle

Seems like an announcement is getting close.

Doesn't look like a pre-announcement Teaser since the latest entries on [Twitter.com] , [www.Facebook.com] and [www.Instagram.com] are different.

Posted by: PalaisRoyale ()
Date: January 10, 2020 17:03

Looks like they are warming up the engine!

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: January 10, 2020 17:13

GasLightStreet-I'd say good chance for KC. KC stole the show in '15.
If no Chicago, I nned something close like St. Louis.

Posted by: trevormcmullin ()
Date: January 10, 2020 18:46

They played Denver last year... they're not going to play it again this soon... Chances are that was the last time they ever play there and several other cities on the No Filter Tour 2019.

Posted by: trevormcmullin ()
Date: January 10, 2020 18:54

BV has been quiet since the end of the year... which means there is probably no valuable news regarding the new album and the 2020 tour. Usually when a tour announcement is getting close... there is rumblings and rumoured dates, I'll admitt I got my hopes for the Thursday announcement, I hate that they leave us anticipating for so long between tours, If they do in fact plan to tour in 2020, I wish that they would just announce it already, some artists/bands announce tour dates a year in advance, I'm sure they have their reasons for not doing that but it does get frustrating.

"It's Only Rock N' Roll, But I Like It"

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: January 10, 2020 19:04

trevormcmullin
BV has been quiet since the end of the year... which means there is probably no valuable news regarding the new album and the 2020 tour. Usually when a tour announcement is getting close... there is rumblings and rumoured dates, I'll admitt I got my hopes for the Thursday announcement, I hate that they leave us anticipating for so long between tours, If they do in fact plan to tour in 2020, I wish that they would just announce it already, some artists/bands announce tour dates a year in advance, I'm sure they have their reasons for not doing that but it does get frustrating.

"It's Only Rock N' Roll, But I Like It"

It's part of the journey.

Posted by: RollingStonesFan ()
Date: January 10, 2020 19:31

PalaisRoyale
Looks like they are warming up the engine!

Warming up the engine of my car sounds different to the warming up you mean to notice... winking smiley I can't see any official signs sth will happen in the next few days. Only the New Year wishes from Mick and Keef but these don't have to be relevant for the next weeks but for the next months...

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: January 11, 2020 19:34

In sure it will be soon the tour announcement stones know people will be making 2020 vacation plans now heck June is only 5 months away..

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 11, 2020 20:10

ohmercy61

In sure it will be soon the tour announcement stones know people will be making 2020 vacation plans now heck June is only 5 months away..

In 2015 the announcement of the ZIP-Code-Tour was on 31st March - and the 1st Show was on 20th May .... [iorr.org] . In 2015 there was also no delay due to illness like in 2017 or 2019.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: January 11, 2020 20:21

ohmercy61

The vast majority of the audience are not at the concert as part of a vacation.

Nate

Posted by: likecats ()
Date: January 11, 2020 20:40

Nate
ohmercy61

Nate

I agree but the OP might have meant it can be a problem if you plan a family vacation and then find out that you’ll miss a Rolling Stones concert because of it. I reckon a lot of us on this board would happily plan our lives around the next RS tour but our families might be annoyed by waiting for a tour announcement.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: January 11, 2020 20:52

likecats
Nate
ohmercy61

Nate

I agree but the OP might have meant it can be a problem if you plan a family vacation and then find out that you’ll miss a Rolling Stones concert because of it. I reckon a lot of us on this board would happily plan our lives around the next RS tour but our families might be annoyed by waiting for a tour announcement.

Priorities lol

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 11, 2020 22:30

ohmercy61

The Rolling Stones sell most of their tickets to locals who do live in the cities they do perform in. They don't need more than 1-2 months notice in order to sell out a show, given the ticket prices are right.

Bjornulf

Posted by: bradleycsocal ()
Date: January 12, 2020 14:09

The Stones have always been about the tease.....it's like slow train right now, we can feel the vibrations and hear the rumble....

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: January 12, 2020 18:11

bv
ohmercy61

The Rolling Stones sell most of their tickets to locals who do live in the cities they do perform in. They don't need more than 1-2 months notice in order to sell out a show, given the ticket prices are right.

Translation: announcement in March/April?????

Date: January 12, 2020 22:50

stickyfingers101
bv
ohmercy61

No. It will be sooner. They need 3 or 4 months with the ticket prices. Fact

Posted by: Kerryann ()
Date: January 12, 2020 23:32

Not so good for those of us who travel halfway around the world, fustrating when you see good New Year airfare sales come ..... then go. Very expensive if booking just 1 month in advance. But then I guess we are not the priority aye. grinning smiley

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: January 13, 2020 01:26

Kerryann
Not so good for those of us who travel halfway around the world, fustrating when you see good New Year airfare sales come ..... then go. Very expensive if booking just 1 month in advance. But then I guess we are not the priority aye. grinning smiley

That’s when it pays to have a stack of air miles to use for last minute bookings so you can use the miles and pay just the tax as opposed to paying a cash price which can be very high for late bookings.
A couple of months back I was able to fly from London Heathrow UK to São Paulo Brazil in first class for some miles and tax that was less than the price of a regular economy ticket.

Nate

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: January 13, 2020 06:16

jumpontopofmebaby
stickyfingers101
bv
ohmercy61

No. It will be sooner. They need 3 or 4 months with the

ticket prices. Fact

[/I would guess the announcement will be in Feb.

Date: January 13, 2020 09:58

A February announcement for a tour starting in late May/early June would certainly fit the pattern.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3738394041424344454647...LastNext
Current Page: 42 of 84

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1481
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home