Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3637383940414243444546...LastNext
Current Page: 41 of 84
Re: No Filter Tour 2020
Posted by: RollingStonesFan ()
Date: January 9, 2020 11:43

schwonek
hot smiley Enough OT - let's all get excited about the post that there will be an announcement maybe in L.A. today. As posted on FB.

I'm pretty sure nothing will happen today.

Posted by: bradleycsocal ()
Date: January 9, 2020 12:54

My money is on The Stones to open the Rams new stadium at the end of July and then they will open the Raiders new stadium in Las Vegas in August.

The NFL thing great publicity for both.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-09 12:57 by bradleycsocal.

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: January 9, 2020 14:11

I don't give a monkey's when the decade actually starts - 2020 or 2021! All I care about is that the band remain fit, healthy, happy and fulfilled. I hope that IF they do play again, that they enjoy it. They have given me so many years of joy, and been the soundtrack to my life from the mid 60s until now. For me the priority is that they go on - or go out - in whatever way they want to.

They deserve nothing less.

Posted by: Travman87 ()
Date: January 9, 2020 14:19

bradleycsocal
My money is on The Stones to open the Rams new stadium at the end of July and then they will open the Raiders new stadium in Las Vegas in August.

Well Taylor Swift is already opening the new stadium so the Stones would have to be after her i think. Could still open the new one in Vegas though. That would be epic

Posted by: SomeGuy ()
Date: January 9, 2020 14:37

masseywinos
Safe to say only band to tour in 7 decades. Wow.

I'm pretty sure Golden Earring will also tour in the near future.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: January 9, 2020 16:13

Travman87
bradleycsocal

Well Taylor Swift is already opening the new stadium so the Stones would have to be after her i think. Could still open the new one in Vegas though. That would be epic

They did opened the Stade de France in '98 (as concert venue). Nobody really cares.

Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: January 9, 2020 17:00

Would the Stones get paid more if they were the first (or one of the first) show in a new building or would that matter?

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: January 9, 2020 17:43

schwonek
hot smiley Enough OT - let's all get excited about the post that there will be an announcement maybe in L.A. today. As posted on FB.

Why do you place any faith in this at all?

plexi

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: January 9, 2020 18:08

Agree with Tim. It's been far too quiet (read: no teaser campaign) for there to be an out-of-the-blue announcement today. To be fair and precise, even Stonesdoug just said "let's see if he is right" as he shared Jay Bleckley's post.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-09 18:09 by Topi.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 9, 2020 18:29

If anything, maybe a couple more solid rumours of possible cities and dates.
A bit odd that Louisville is the only city mentioned/rumoured, and it's been that way for a few weeks now.
Maybe they're working out the kinks still...new album + new tour - the world wants to know!

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: January 9, 2020 18:53

In my opinion, if it truly another leg of No Filter, we might as well expect the new album in 2022 instead of this year.

Posted by: swaff ()
Date: January 9, 2020 19:46

Just checking in!!?! (Whistling noises...)

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: January 9, 2020 20:17

Confirmed: It’s going to be all arenas like the 2013 Tour ending with Five shows at MSG.

It’s Bank!!

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: January 9, 2020 20:29

Are there still plans for a London show and, if not, why?

Posted by: massmick ()
Date: January 9, 2020 20:40

Topi
Agree with Tim. It's been far too quiet (read: no teaser campaign) for there to be an out-of-the-blue announcement today. To be fair and precise, even Stonesdoug just said "let's see if he is right" as he shared Jay Bleckley's post.

I dont think an "announcement" has been predicted for today/tomorrow...just more leaks...or possibly the start of whatever marketing gimmick they choose.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-09 20:44 by massmick.

Date: January 9, 2020 20:45

Hairball
A bit odd that Louisville is the only city mentioned/rumoured, and it's been that way for a few weeks now.
Maybe they're working out the kinks still...new album + new tour - the world wants to know!

Luville was leaked due to an insider physically eyeing the contract with Cardinal Stadium

Date: January 9, 2020 20:47

Rollin92

Because you dont read the final chapter of a book til the end.

Date: January 9, 2020 20:49

tonyc
Would the Stones get paid more if they were the first (or one of the first) show in a new building or would that matter?

Money...no
Publicity...yes

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: January 9, 2020 21:57

Rollin92

Still? Were there ever?

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: January 9, 2020 22:36

massmick

I dont think an "announcement" has been predicted for today/tomorrow...just more leaks...or possibly the start of whatever marketing gimmick they choose.

Well, that FB post did say:

"A Few Dates Will Be Announced This Thursday For 2020 Rolling Stones Tour!!
I will Be Live in L A on Friday
Stay Tuned"

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: January 9, 2020 23:14

massmick
Hairball

Luville was leaked due to an insider physically eyeing the contract with Cardinal Stadium

That's how I knew of Desert Trip a few weeks before the announcement. Booked accommodations based on that and saved money. Unless it has signatures, still just a rumor.

Date: January 10, 2020 00:28

daspyknows
massmick
Hairball

That's how I knew of Desert Trip a few weeks before the announcement. Booked accommodations based on that and saved money. Unless it has signatures, still just a rumor.

Was also known here prior to announcement - I forgot how long prior, but long enough to book accommodations and save a ton of money. I think I paid $100 or so/night at Embassy Suites Indian Wells which had a shuttle stop right next to it.
I forget how the second weekend played out, but I was also able to book in advance and save - paid about the same as above for a very nice resort suite walking distance to the polo grounds. Once it was official, those prices skyrocketed x four.
Hoping we hear some more leaks so we can all save money by booking early!thumbs up

Date: January 10, 2020 00:35

Hairball
daspyknows
massmick
Hairball

Was also known here prior to announcement - I forgot how long prior, but long enough to book accommodations and save a ton of money. I think I paid $100 or so/night at Embassy Suites Indian Wells which had a shuttle stop right next to it.
I forget how the second weekend played out, but I was also able to book in advance and save - paid about the same as above for a very nice resort suite walking distance to the polo grounds. Once it was official, those prices skyrocketed x four.
Hoping we hear some more leaks so we can all save money by booking early!thumbs up

I was at a condo rental in the gated community across the street from the venue. We had a 2BR condo that slept 6 for about $180 a night. Cost us less than camping. I think you did that for Santa Clara too.

Date: January 10, 2020 01:01

daspyknows
Hairball
daspyknows
massmick
Hairball

I was at a condo rental in the gated community across the street from the venue. We had a 2BR condo that slept 6 for about $180 a night. Cost us less than camping. I think you did that for Santa Clara too.

Yeah I did, but No Filter was tricky with the postponement - ended up eating a couple hundred for a non-refundeable in Santa Clara at the Avatar Hotel via priceline (thankfully the only non-refundeable I had booked for the tour),
but made up for it with the rescheduled dates paying $117 at the Hyatt Santa Clara, apprx. $100 in Phoenix, about the same in Chicago, and a bit more in Pasadena. Where I really made up for it though was with Lucky Dips and the luck of the draw for Santa Clara and Glendale, landing in the Pit for both.thumbs up

PS - Just looked it up - the Desert Trip resort I stayed at for wkd.II was also a gated community called Indian Palms Vacation Club on Monroe St. - about a mile from the site,
but I remember walking diagonally through the massive parking lots to the entrance so maybe a bit less than a mile.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-10 01:02 by Hairball.

Date: January 10, 2020 01:17

Hairball
daspyknows
Hairball
daspyknows
massmick
Hairball

Yeah I did, but No Filter was tricky with the postponement - ended up eating a couple hundred for a non-refundeable in Santa Clara at the Avatar Hotel via priceline (thankfully the only non-refundeable I had booked for the tour),
but made up for it with the rescheduled dates paying $117 at the Hyatt Santa Clara, apprx. $100 in Phoenix, about the same in Chicago, and a bit more in Pasadena. Where I really made up for it though was with Lucky Dips and the luck of the draw for Santa Clara and Glendale, landing in the Pit for both.thumbs up

PS - Just looked it up - the Desert Trip resort I stayed at for wkd.II was also a gated community called Indian Palms Vacation Club on Monroe St. - about a mile from the site,
but I remember walking diagonally through the massive parking lots to the entrance so maybe a bit less than a mile.

That's where I booked weekend 1 and passed it on to a friend since I only did weekend 2 (big regret)

Date: January 10, 2020 01:34

Forgot to mention daspy the manager at the Hyatt in Santa Clara was really cool - I had minor/slow internet problems the first night so he offered to give me a $80 dinner voucher!
I asked if he could just take $80 off my final room bill instead haha and he did! Then he waived my parking fees, and gave me the second parking pass to give to you. thumbs up smiling smiley Good times...

Date: January 10, 2020 02:04

Topi
massmick

Well, that FB post did say:

"A Few Dates Will Be Announced This Thursday For 2020 Rolling Stones Tour!!
I will Be Live in L A on Friday
Stay Tuned"

Yes, yes it did. Literal or figurative???
If you sleuth a little, there are some interesting coincidences to be foundwinking smiley

Date: January 10, 2020 02:20

Hairball
Forgot to mention daspy the manager at the Hyatt in Santa Clara was really cool - I had minor/slow internet problems the first night so he offered to give me a $80 dinner voucher!
I asked if he could just take $80 off my final room bill instead haha and he did! Then he waived my parking fees, and gave me the second parking pass to give to you. thumbs up smiling smiley Good times...

Most definitely. I still need to hit the post office. Forgot I have something to send your way.

Date: January 10, 2020 02:53

Hairball
daspyknows
massmick
Hairball

yeah, like several of us did at the Hyatt Regency Santa Clara before No Filter 2019 was announced. You and I included. I think it was like 120/130 with taxes.

plexi

Date: January 10, 2020 02:57

oh gosh, I just now saw you already mentioned Santa Clara, Hairball.

plexi

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3637383940414243444546...LastNext
Current Page: 41 of 84

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1245
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home