Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3435363738394041424344...LastNext
Current Page: 39 of 84
Re: No Filter Tour 2020
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 6, 2020 15:13

masseywinos
Safe to say only band to tour in 7 decades. Wow.

Not yet.

They need to tour in 2021 to have toured in 7 decades. Can't start on a zero.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 6, 2020 15:16

massmick
mtaylor
tonyc
massmick
tonyc
If they do JazzFest in May that keeps them out of the new football stadiums in Las Vegas and Los Angeles in August unless they are considering multiple legs. Personally, I would be surprised if they did New Orleans two years in a row unless they think JazzFest would be a totally different audience. Lucky New Orleans if they do get it.

Maybe they hit the JF before a quick SA/Mex ditty and return stateside in June/Aug for the US/Can leg.Would put them in line to do Aliegent Vegas on Aug 5th.
Would they play on their own stage at a JF appearance, or use JF's stump?

That makes some sense. Maybe they go South America to Mexico to New Orleans and keep the equipment in the U.S. after a break for the rest of the tour starting in Louisville to Las Vegas.

Takes some courage for NOLA to sign Stones again.
They ended up with a silly band to headline the festival

Plenty of courage in NO with all that alcohol

To my knowledge they are not rumoured to play and will not be playing the 2020 Jazz Fest.

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: January 6, 2020 15:28

GasLightStreet
masseywinos

Not yet.

Why not?

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: January 6, 2020 20:06

Yeah, I disagree. The 60's started in 1960 not 1961 and so on. I count 2020 as a new decade.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: January 6, 2020 20:21

WelshEdge1
GasLightStreet
masseywinos

Not yet.

Why not?

Because from the starting point of Zero - to the completion of the first year is the first year and therefore year number 1.
1-2 is the second year and so year number 2 and so on.............

Every decade has ten years, numbered 1 - 10. Year ten is the last year of the first decade and 20 the last year of the second decade etc..........so 2020 is the last year of the second decade of the third millennium. 2021 is the first year of the third decade.....

According to all the geniuses who are in control.....The second Millennium only had 999 years in it......According to them (and every sheep that followed, the 3rd Millennium started with the thousandth year of the second Millennium (the year 2000).............confused smiley

Posted by: JDSAM1994 ()
Date: January 6, 2020 21:40

A friend of mine is close with Quint Davis, and she told me that he said the Stones are going to try again for Jazz fest. I'm not sure how much truth there is behind this but we all love rumors don't we?? I can conclude by saying that I believe that they have for sure been offered to play the fest again.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 6, 2020 22:08

JDSAM1994
A friend of mine is close with Quint Davis, and she told me that he said the Stones are going to try again for Jazz fest. I'm not sure how much truth there is behind this but we all love rumors don't we?? I can conclude by saying that I believe that they have for sure been offered to play the fest again.

Yup.
Been speculating that for a while.. Means announcement soon (after JF's this time winking smiley)

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: January 6, 2020 22:55

EddieByword
WelshEdge1
GasLightStreet
masseywinos

Not yet.

Why not?

Because from the starting point of Zero - to the completion of the first year is the first year and therefore year number 1.

Every decade has ten years, numbered 1 - 10. Year ten is the last year of the first decade and 20 the last year of the second decade etc..........so 2020 is the last year of the second decade of the third millennium. 2021 is the first year of the third decade.....

According to all the geniuses who are in control.....The second Millennium only had 999 years in it......According to them (and every sheep that followed, the 3rd Millennium started with the thousandth year of the second Millennium (the year 2000).............confused smiley

[en.m.wikipedia.org]

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: January 6, 2020 23:09

WelshEdge1
EddieByword
WelshEdge1
GasLightStreet
masseywinos

Not yet.

Why not?

[en.m.wikipedia.org]

Re. 'Geniuses'.....As I said.

If you count the fingers/thumbs on your two hands. normally you will have a decades worth. (ten)
Would you count nine of those fingers and then tell everyone you had counted ten? 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,,,,,,,, 10 or in this case 2020.....
No, this is absurd, as is the consensus that the new decade started 6 days ago..............back to the football............

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-06 23:53 by EddieByword.

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: January 7, 2020 00:14

There's a post on FB saying some dates will be announced this Thursday, and that it will be particularly good news for west coast fans. We'll see...

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 7, 2020 02:15

Hope that ends up being accurate, GAFF.
Seems unlikely after hitting Santa Clara, Pasadena and Seattle last leg, but no doubt they could hit San Diego, Portland, Vancouver and maybe the LA area again.

Would be fantastic!!

Posted by: swaff ()
Date: January 7, 2020 03:14

Come on San Francisco!!!

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: January 7, 2020 03:16

3 shows in 1100 miles is not overplaying an area. Too much money to ignore the west coast. Let's just be patient and wait.

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: January 7, 2020 03:24

Does Portland have a big enough stadium?

What about Autzen Stadium in Eugene? When was the last time there was a gig there?

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: January 7, 2020 03:42

TKinOH
Does Portland have a big enough stadium?

What about Autzen Stadium in Eugene? When was the last time there was a gig there?

There's Portland Meadows racetrack - not sure the last time it was used a concert venue - It has hosted Lollapalooza and The Grateful Dead, among others.

As for Autzen, Dead & Company played there in 2018.

Date: January 7, 2020 03:49

thumbs up

Thanks!

Posted by: goinhome ()
Date: January 7, 2020 03:55

It is my understanding that Portland Meadows is being redeveloped as condos, and is closed. Saw the Grateful Dead / Chuck Berry there back in '95, and a number of other shows, and it was hot, dusty, crowded and fun. We do have Providence Park in downtown Portland (Major League Soccer, or football as the rest of the world knows it) with a capacity of about 25k, but I don't think they've held a concert there since the '90's.

Autzen would be the most likely stadium in Oregon for a potential Stones show. Eugene is about 100 miles from Portland. Dead & Company played there in '18, and last summer they had Garth Brooks perform there. Prior to that, it had been years since they had concerts there (U2 in 1997 I believe).It's a great place for a show!

Date: January 7, 2020 04:10

If BV checks his notes from days gone by, I'm sure one of the rumors he posted way back in '97 for Bridges to Babylon was Autzen Stadium in Eugene... I only remember 'cause I'd never heard of it before!

Then, they did the Rose Garden in '98 instead...

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: January 7, 2020 09:35

GAFF
There's a post on FB saying some dates will be announced this Thursday, and that it will be particularly good news for west coast fans. We'll see...

I think we would need some teaser tongues first. Those campaigns usually last at least a week.

Posted by: bisonvodka ()
Date: January 7, 2020 11:29

I am wondering if the new record will be out this summer (one of opitions mentioned lately by georgelicks). This could increase chances to play in London after US tour to promote album in Europe as well imo.

Posted by: trevormcmullin ()
Date: January 7, 2020 19:01

Topi
GAFF

I think we would need some teaser tongues first. Those campaigns usually last at least a week.

Can you post a link to the FB post?

Posted by: masseywinos ()
Date: January 7, 2020 19:16

The NBA announced that Vince Carter is the 1st player to play in 4 decades. So this is a new decade, end of story.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 7, 2020 20:04

Hoping and wondering if Bjornulf will chime in with some more rumoured dates?

As of right now, the 2020 tour page looks mighty lonely with just Louisville listed.
Then again, the fact there's a 2020 tour page at all is reason to rejoice!
Keep on rolling.............................thumbs up

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: January 7, 2020 20:07

Hairball

As of right now, the 2020 tour page looks mighty lonely with just Louisville listed.

Yezzer

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 7, 2020 20:19

IanBillen
Hairball

Yezzer

Hi Ian, hope the Stones come to a town near you, and if not hope you can travel a bit to see them - could be the last time they grace the US....?
And a new album (if it happens) to coincide with the tour will be icing on the cake ! The first new album of originals in 15 years, and a possible grand finale tour of the North America - Hallelujah!
One thing is 99% certain, a new tour (with or without a new album) of North America - hard to believe considering all the ups and downs the band have been through for nearly sixty years. Again, hallelujah!

Posted by: PdeGroot ()
Date: January 7, 2020 22:45

bisonvodka
I am wondering if the new record will be out this summer (one of opitions mentioned lately by georgelicks). This could increase chances to play in London after US tour to promote album in Europe as well imo.

Should be a great idea, I hope they will do, 7 times O2 or so

Posted by: erbissell ()
Date: January 7, 2020 23:17

Garth Brooks played Autzen in Eugene this year. Actually Garth's whole stadium tour is a great example of sellouts in what were traditionally secondary markets, granted his ticket prices are dirt cheap compared to the Stones:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Garth_Brooks_Stadium_Tour

I wouldn't be surprised if a few of these venues popped up on the Stones schedule this summer.

Posted by: erbissell ()
Date: January 7, 2020 23:21

erbissell
Garth Brooks played Autzen in Eugene this year. Actually Garth's whole stadium tour is a great example of sellouts in what were traditionally secondary markets, granted his ticket prices are dirt cheap compared to the Stones:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Garth_Brooks_Stadium_Tour

I wouldn't be surprised if a few of these venues popped up on the Stones schedule this summer.

For some reason the 2018 Notre Dame Stadium show is only mentioned in the background, not the tour dates, but it was the first show of the tour and also looked like a really cool venue.

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: January 8, 2020 00:57

Emotional Rescue is such a great albums from the 70s.

Not.

We are living in the 20s.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: January 8, 2020 02:50

Foresight is 2020.winking smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3435363738394041424344...LastNext
Current Page: 39 of 84

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1887
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50