Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3132333435363738394041...LastNext
Current Page: 36 of 84
Re: No Filter Tour 2020
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 20, 2019 19:10

Topi
Lo and behold, this is what RS sent me:

"Hi there! we’ve got an amazing competition for you. Enter below for a chance to win a HONK boxset! Don't forget to sign up to the mailing list too, to be the first to hear about news, exclusives and more, plus get an extra entry into the competition."

We have seen these kind of reminders before.

Still promoting HONK which isn't a good sign regarding a new album, though they might be able to squueze out a single for the new tour?
If not oh well, HONK it is...never bought it, but maybe I can win it!

Curiously waiting for rumoured dates west of the Rockies - could be just San Diego ala Zip Code.
Aside from the Fonda show, the only western city during that tour....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-12-20 19:11 by Hairball.

Posted by: two4fun111 ()
Date: December 20, 2019 22:08

my intuition and eyes tell me he gets around better than 75% of the 76 yr olds i see daily

Posted by: tmccool1 ()
Date: December 20, 2019 22:33

Pretty excited about the rumored Louisville KY show on June 21. Close enough to my birthday that I can sell it to my SO as a birthday present. Boys, keep scheduling those shows near my birthday and I'll keep coming!

Posted by: Stonesdude ()
Date: December 21, 2019 02:00

massmick
FrogSugar
marclaff
very interesting my friend.
June 21st is father day in France...

June 21st is fête de la musique day in France!!!

In America as well.
I would bet it is US summer and NovDec for SA. Or Feb March 21 for SA like in 2016. The equipment is here and so is the money. Don’t forget the comments awhile back the economy and political issue were raised about SA. For me it doesn’t matter where they play. I’m going. I hope at some point we still get SA and Asia then close out in Europe. Wherever or whenever I’m doing it.

Posted by: Slimreaper ()
Date: December 21, 2019 04:11

Outside of Ottawa, Huge new site, Wesley Clover Park, where the 417 meets the 416 which leads to 401 and the US which is 45 mins away....plus its been 15 Long years smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: December 21, 2019 12:28

livefromuk
Monsoon Ragoon
Does somebody have an idea why Louisville, a 400.000 town in the middle of nowhere, seems to be the only solid rumour until now?

Sometimes it just depends on people who have various connections. I have one with my local venue and was able to get confirmation of the date this past run prior to the announcement b/c my buddy oversees all events at the venue and knew the details for quite some time as they were being negotiated.

Most likely a similar situation here. If an announcement is in fact happening for January those negotiations are either complete or in the final stages for each of the venues. It's just a matter of who has access to the info and is willing to share ahead of time.

Interesting. Isn't it like this: if a possible/negotiated show is too heavily rumoured, it might not happen in the end. For instance Dresden was heavily rumoured in 1995, they wanted to play here, not in Leipzig (a city name they maybe never heard of before). I think there were three or four reasons why it didn’t happen. But one of them was probably too much speculation/hystery in the local press.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-12-21 14:15 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: December 21, 2019 16:13

The main reason for not playing Dresden is that there is no space in Dresden to accomodate a Stones concert, but in Leipzig there is and has been in 1995. And Leipzig is the town where there has been a massive civil rights movement in the late 1980s which led to the falling of the 'Berlin wall', it's also known as a place where Bach lived and worked. So my guess is that every one in the Stones knew Leipzig, of course.

Date: December 21, 2019 21:55

Rolling Stones will release new album and tour in 2020

Rolling Stones guitarist Ronnie Wood told Simon Boyle’s “Bizarre” column of the British newspaper The Sun that the band has been working on unpublished material for some time and a new album will be released. In addition, the band will go on a world tour just four months after finishing the “No Filter” tour.

“The new album is like a puzzle, we still have to piece together the missing pieces. We look forward to launching it in 2020 and then continuing our world tour,” he said.

Ronnie Wood said the band was preparing to release their new studio album early last year, but plans were canceled due to the health of vocalist Mick Jagger, 76, who had heart surgery in April.

At the time, the band also canceled a tour of the United States and Canada.

The Rolling Stones played over 40 shows. Starting in September 2017 and ending the American stage of the tour in August of this year.

The long-awaited album would be the twenty-fourth British and twenty-sixth American in the career of the legendary rock and roll band and the first ever since A Bigger Bang, released in 2005.

The band have released 30 studio albums, 23 live albums and numerous compilations. Their estimated record sales are above 250 million and ranked 10th on the Billboard Hot 100 All-Time Top Artists chart

[rockandrollgarage.com]

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: December 21, 2019 23:47

Is this just rewriting the spiegal interview?

Posted by: HotStuff92 ()
Date: December 21, 2019 23:55

Forgive my ignorance, but who exactly is Doug? Has he proven to have access to insider information in the past? Regarding the list of cities he has commented on, is it safe to assume they are likely to happen or should it just be taken with a grain of salt? I mean no disrespect and I'm not doubting him or anything, I'm just curious is all.

Posted by: daniel t ()
Date: December 22, 2019 00:10

HotStuff92
Forgive my ignorance, but who exactly is Doug? Has he proven to have access to insider information in the past? Regarding the list of cities he has commented on, is it safe to assume they are likely to happen or should it just be taken with a grain of salt? I mean no disrespect and I'm not doubting him or anything, I'm just curious is all.

Founder/administrator/owner of the Shidoobee website and forum... Kind of the equivalent of bv on the other forum.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-12-22 00:11 by daniel t.

Posted by: HotStuff92 ()
Date: December 22, 2019 02:35

daniel t
HotStuff92

Founder/administrator/owner of the Shidoobee website and forum... Kind of the equivalent of bv on the other forum.

Okay, thanks! So it's safe to assume there is some legitimacy to these rumored cities/dates if he is reporting on them himself?

Posted by: massmick ()
Date: December 22, 2019 04:18

HotStuff92
daniel t
HotStuff92

Okay, thanks! So it's safe to assume there is some legitimacy to these rumored cities/dates if he is reporting on them himself?

It is safe assuming nothing at this point

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: December 22, 2019 04:21

CJFP
Is this just rewriting the spiegal interview?

Yes.

Date: December 22, 2019 04:22

Stonesdude
massmick
FrogSugar
marclaff

In America as well.
I would bet it is US summer and NovDec for SA. Or Feb March 21 for SA like in 2016. The equipment is here and so is the money. Don’t forget the comments awhile back the economy and political issue were raised about SA. For me it doesn’t matter where they play. I’m going. I hope at some point we still get SA and Asia then close out in Europe. Wherever or whenever I’m doing it.

SA isnt a very friendly place right now.
Where are the stages stored?

Date: December 22, 2019 04:25

Topi
If - IF there's a show in Montreal, it could be the same open-air site that hosts Heavy Montreal, Parc Jean-Drapeau. Guns n' Roses also played there a few years back.

The Hippodrome site in Montreal hasn't hosted concerts in nearly 10 years, and even then it was really a one-off U2 show.

Ahhh...I only stated it because I was at that mud bowl. I did not know it was one and done thanks

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: December 22, 2019 13:42

massmick
Stonesdude
massmick
FrogSugar
marclaff

In America as well.

When was the last time you were in South America?

Nate

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: December 22, 2019 13:46

2021 Far East and Oceania
2022 Europe
2023 3 London gigs + 3 N.Y.C. gigs

Posted by: rbarnes00 ()
Date: December 22, 2019 15:29

Darryl Jones just posted this article to his Facebook page

DiegoGlimmerStones

Rolling Stones guitarist Ronnie Wood told Simon Boyle’s “Bizarre” column of the British newspaper The Sun that the band has been working on unpublished material for some time and a new album will be released. In addition, the band will go on a world tour just four months after finishing the “No Filter” tour.

“The new album is like a puzzle, we still have to piece together the missing pieces. We look forward to launching it in 2020 and then continuing our world tour,” he said.

Ronnie Wood said the band was preparing to release their new studio album early last year, but plans were canceled due to the health of vocalist Mick Jagger, 76, who had heart surgery in April.

The Rolling Stones played over 40 shows. Starting in September 2017 and ending the American stage of the tour in August of this year.

The long-awaited album would be the twenty-fourth British and twenty-sixth American in the career of the legendary rock and roll band and the first ever since A Bigger Bang, released in 2005.

The band have released 30 studio albums, 23 live albums and numerous compilations. Their estimated record sales are above 250 million and ranked 10th on the Billboard Hot 100 All-Time Top Artists chart

[rockandrollgarage.com]

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 22, 2019 16:35

mailexile67

2022 Europe
2023 3 London gigs + 3 N.Y.C. gigs

Or:

2020 North America (2nd leg)
2022 South America
2023 Europe + London gigs

Maybe due to Brexit the London gigs are Tax-wise then separated from Europe.

Posted by: 1985jayer ()
Date: December 22, 2019 18:36

What does, The band will go on a world tour just four months after finishing the No Filter tour mean?

rbarnes00

DiegoGlimmerStones

[rockandrollgarage.com]

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: December 22, 2019 18:45

We look forward to launching it in 2020 and then continuing our world tour,” he said.

They are on a world tour - not starting on a world tour.

1985jayer
What does, The band will go on a world tour just four months after finishing the No Filter tour mean?

rbarnes00

DiegoGlimmerStones

[rockandrollgarage.com]

Date: December 22, 2019 19:05

The article itself says "In addition, the band will go on a world tour just four months after finishing the “No Filter” tour".

Could be the end of No Filter as we know it and they'll start up another tour with a different name -Honk maybe? Or something based on a new album?
Or maybe they'll do some South America shows at the beginning of the year as a final leg for No Filter - take a break, release new album, and carry on with a new tour in the Spring/Summer of 2020 to North America and beyond.
Billboard and other publications did indicate No Filter was complete tallying up the totals, etc. > : The Rolling Stones Wrap 3-Leg, 3-Year No Filter Tour With $415.6 Million
Wiki also speaks of it in past tense: "The No Filter Tour was a European/North American concert tour by The Rolling Stones which began on 9 September 2017 in Hamburg, Germany and concluded on 30 August 2019 in Miami Gardens, Florida".

Whatever the case, can't be sure of anything until there's some solid info. from inside sources and/or the band itself.

One thing that's interesting is the fact that Darryl posted that article - it could either mean he knows something, or he knows nothing.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: December 22, 2019 19:41

Hairball
The article itself says "In addition, the band will go on a world tour just four months after finishing the “No Filter” tour".

Could be the end of No Filter as we know it and they'll start up another tour with a different name -Honk maybe? Or something based on a new album?
Or maybe they'll do some South America shows at the beginning of the year as a final leg for No Filter - take a break, release new album, and carry on with a new tour in the Spring/Summer of 2020 to North America and beyond.
Billboard and other publications did indicate No Filter was complete tallying up the totals, etc. > : The Rolling Stones Wrap 3-Leg, 3-Year No Filter Tour With $415.6 Million
Wiki also speaks of it in past tense: "The No Filter Tour was a European/North American concert tour by The Rolling Stones which began on 9 September 2017 in Hamburg, Germany and concluded on 30 August 2019 in Miami Gardens, Florida".

Whatever the case, can't be sure of anything until there's some solid info. from inside sources and/or the band itself.

One thing that's interesting is the fact that Darryl posted that article - it could either mean he knows something, or he knows nothing.

Wiki is not the truth. Stones decide if it is No Filter or a new kind of tour. If they have a new album out when the US tour starts, it might have the name of the album.... but they will not launch a new world tour. They are touring worldwide right now - some 15 shows a year.

Date: December 22, 2019 20:02

I realize wiki isn't always accurate, but I also mentioned Billboard which speaks of it in past tense - "wrap" means finish.
If they have a new album out, and rename the tour, then it will be a new tour - not just a continuation of what came before.
The last show was in August, and the next one will be at least over half a year from that. Time will tell what happens next, but until then nobody really knows.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 22, 2019 21:56

Hairball
I realize wiki isn't always accurate, but I also mentioned Billboard which speaks of it in past tense - "wrap" means finish.
If they have a new album out, and rename the tour, then it will be a new tour - not just a continuation of what came before.
The last show was in August, and the next one will be at least over half a year from that. Time will tell what happens next, but until then nobody really knows.

My bet is on a new album, and a "new" tour cool smiley

Course if I win, it would just make me even on the last bet where I predicted the exact same thing for the last leg so... there's that winking smiley

Date: December 22, 2019 22:26

rbarnes00

Just saw It on Facebook, that's fantastic!

[www.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-12-22 22:33 by DiegoGlimmerStones.

Date: December 22, 2019 23:14

MisterDDDD
Hairball

My bet is on a new album, and a "new" tour cool smiley

Course if I win, it would just make me even on the last bet where I predicted the exact same thing for the last leg so... there's that winking smiley

Not making any bets, but if you're right everyone's a winner.thumbs up
But if you're wrong (again), off to the doghouse you go.

Date: December 22, 2019 23:58

mtaylor
Hairball

Sure it'll have a new name...everyone's got No Filter gear except the ones still waiting for their orders that theyve placed months ago

Wiki is not the truth. Stones decide if it is No Filter or a new kind of tour. If they have a new album out when the US tour starts, it might have the name of the album.... but they will not launch a new world tour. They are touring worldwide right now - some 15 shows a year.

Date: December 23, 2019 00:00

Nate
massmick
Stonesdude
massmick
FrogSugar
marclaff

In America as well.

When was the last time you were in South America?

Nate

I'm guessing that I can take the word of friends living in BA, RdJ and Montivideo.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3132333435363738394041...LastNext
Current Page: 36 of 84

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1877
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home