Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3031323334353637383940...LastNext
Current Page: 35 of 84
Re: No Filter Tour 2020
Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: December 19, 2019 21:02

bv
Rumoured date added to the IORR list of rumoured tour dates:

Cardinal Stadium, Louisville KY, Sunday June 21

The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2020

Comments:

I have had rumours about a possible show at Cardinal Stadium Louisville KY for a while, but a date was not mentioned until recently. Even if the show date is rumoured to be June 21, hotels near the stadium are harder to book the next day i.e. June 22 for some reason.

Any realistic possibility about London?

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: December 19, 2019 21:22

marclaff
very interesting my friend.
June 21st is father day in France...

June 21st is fête de la musique day in France!!!

Posted by: Slimreaper ()
Date: December 20, 2019 00:19

Fingers crossed for at least six shows in Canada.They haven't gone deep since Bigger Bang...That's 15 L o n g Years! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: December 20, 2019 00:23

My intuition tells me that there will be no more tours. Keith is 76 years old.

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: December 20, 2019 01:01

My intuition tells me there will be 2020 tour.

Date: December 20, 2019 01:14

Hello! have you heard something contrary to the latest rumours ?

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: December 20, 2019 01:50

Slimreaper
Fingers crossed for at least six shows in Canada.They haven't gone deep since Bigger Bang...That's 15 L o n g Years! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

6 would be a dream come true!!! I’ll take Van & anywhere else!

Date: December 20, 2019 02:26

Burl's Creek was the biggest crowd on their last run...If they use the same staging they could play almost anywhere the infrastructure is...Fingers crossed for Ottawa, Wesley Clover Park.it's a new venue..45 min from the 401 and US border smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: StonedAsiaExile ()
Date: December 20, 2019 02:38

ohmercy61
My intuition tells me there will be 2020 tour.

And 2021...2022 (60th anniversary)

Posted by: massmick ()
Date: December 20, 2019 03:09

bv
Rumoured date added to the IORR list of rumoured tour dates:

Cardinal Stadium, Louisville KY, Sunday June 21

The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2020

Comments:

I have had rumours about a possible show at Cardinal Stadium Louisville KY for a while, but a date was not mentioned until recently. Even if the show date is rumoured to be June 21, hotels near the stadium are harder to book the next day i.e. June 22 for some reason.

Possibly your difficulty was due to there being a rather large Trade Show in town 23-25...makes sense,no?

Date: December 20, 2019 03:11

FrogSugar
marclaff
very interesting my friend.
June 21st is father day in France...

June 21st is fête de la musique day in France!!!

In America as well.

Posted by: djrambler ()
Date: December 20, 2019 06:18

StonesDoug posted this on Shidoobee today. I assume by winter 2020, he means the
current winter in early-ish 2020 before the rumored US tour:

And suddenly I am hearing South America winter 2020. At the first Chicago show this past summer, I was shown a confidential letter where the band was looking for a promoter for a 2020 tour. In the next few months, rumors of Australia,NewZealand , and Japan seemed to overrule it. Now that it’s time to cut to the chase, it is looking like South America, winter of 2020 followed by one more UStour.

[www.tapatalk.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-12-20 06:33 by djrambler.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: December 20, 2019 07:06

Wow. That's off the board. If true, they'd need to announce the South America leg quite soon, no?

But how does this fit in the fact that they haven't played more than 16 shows a year lately? Will it be 16 between SA and NA? The total surely cannot be much higher at this point in time, not much north of 20 I don't think.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 20, 2019 07:27

Not sure what winter he's referring to, but...

"...the seasons in South America are the reverse of that in the Northern Hemisphere,
meaning that summer falls between December and February and winter between June and August".

South America

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-12-20 07:32 by Hairball.

Date: December 20, 2019 07:42

Topi
Wow. That's off the board. If true, they'd need to announce the South America leg quite soon, no?

But how does this fit in the fact that they haven't played more than 16 shows a year lately? Will it be 16 between SA and NA? The total surely cannot be much higher at this point in time, not much north of 20 I don't think.

Thought the same thing - maybe a few/several shows in SA, then a shorter US tour?

Date: December 20, 2019 07:50

Doug says it'd be SA first then US.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-12-20 07:50 by Topi.

Date: December 20, 2019 07:58

Yeah I read that in djrambler's post, and maybe he's right about a few/several shows in SA, then a shorter US tour.
Could start early June in SA, and then on to NA where St. Louis is rumoured for June 21st.

Date: December 20, 2019 08:08

Hairball
Yeah I read that in djrambler's post, and maybe he's right about a few/several shows in SA, then a shorter US tour.
Could start early June in SA, and then on to NA where St. Louis is rumoured for June 21st.

Could be - that would be “winter” in SA. Also, the rumor listed by Doug and BV for 6/21 is Louisville, not St Louis. Are you hearing St Louis for that date?

Date: December 20, 2019 08:48

djrambler
Hairball

Could be - that would be “winter” in SA. Also, the rumor listed by Doug and BV for 6/21 is Louisville, not St Louis. Are you hearing St Louis for that date?

Oops, my mistake - Louisville it is. thumbs up

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: December 20, 2019 11:29

They could easily go to Mexico City. Not too far south.

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: December 20, 2019 11:46

Maybe they could end the tour in S.A. in July?
10 shows in the USA, 1 in Mexico, 2 in Brazil and 3 in Argentina?
Pure guessing.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: December 20, 2019 12:32

Slimreaper

Montreal and two other shows in the Southwest or central Canada (Edmonton, Winnipeg, Ottawa, Vancouver - but this is pretty close to Seattle) would make sense. Toronto is too close to this year's venue. 6 or 8 Canadian shows is wishfull thinking.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: December 20, 2019 12:38

spunky
Maybe they could end the tour in S.A. in July?

July is the coldest month of the year in Argentina and Brazil.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: December 20, 2019 14:41

Does somebody have an idea why Louisville, a 400.000 town in the middle of nowhere, seems to be the only solid rumour until now?

Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: December 20, 2019 15:30

They went straight from South America to the U.S. in 1998 when they making up postponed dates so there is some precedent.

I just hope they don't try to be too ambitious at this point in their careers. I would be nervous about having tickets for someplace like Louisville if it is coming at the end of a long run.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-12-20 15:31 by tonyc.

Posted by: livefromuk ()
Date: December 20, 2019 15:55

Monsoon Ragoon
Does somebody have an idea why Louisville, a 400.000 town in the middle of nowhere, seems to be the only solid rumour until now?

Sometimes it just depends on people who have various connections. I have one with my local venue and was able to get confirmation of the date this past run prior to the announcement b/c my buddy oversees all events at the venue and knew the details for quite some time as they were being negotiated.

Most likely a similar situation here. If an announcement is in fact happening for January those negotiations are either complete or in the final stages for each of the venues. It's just a matter of who has access to the info and is willing to share ahead of time.

Date: December 20, 2019 16:19

Monsoon Ragoon
Slimreaper

Montreal and two other shows in the Southwest or central Canada (Edmonton, Winnipeg, Ottawa, Vancouver - but this is pretty close to Seattle) would make sense. Toronto is too close to this year's venue. 6 or 8 Canadian shows is wishfull thinking.

Venue size seems to be a sticking point. I'm not sure of any "fest" sites other than Magnetic Hill, Plains of Abraham or maybe the Montreal Hippodrome that could accommodate them at a PROFIT! BC Place in Vancouver, sure...think 50-60k minimal...just my 2 pence

Date: December 20, 2019 16:24

If - IF there's a show in Montreal, it could be the same open-air site that hosts Heavy Montreal, Parc Jean-Drapeau. Guns n' Roses also played there a few years back.

The Hippodrome site in Montreal hasn't hosted concerts in nearly 10 years, and even then it was really a one-off U2 show.

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: December 20, 2019 17:47

I would think the winter reference is to USA winter, meaning summer in south america. I don't see them touring in South America winter. Doesn't make sense to me. Also, touring in say Feb-March means that would come before the US summer tour which is the order its supposedly happening. The boys would have a number of months off after south america before tearing up the states! We should know very soon one would think.

Date: December 20, 2019 18:45

Agreed, keefmick.

Lo and behold, this is what RS sent me:

"Hi there! we’ve got an amazing competition for you. Enter below for a chance to win a HONK boxset! Don't forget to sign up to the mailing list too, to be the first to hear about news, exclusives and more, plus get an extra entry into the competition."

We have seen these kind of reminders before.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-12-20 18:45 by Topi.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3031323334353637383940...LastNext
Current Page: 35 of 84

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1795
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home