Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2526272829303132333435...LastNext
Current Page: 30 of 84
Re: No Filter Tour 2020
Posted by: Woz ()
Date: November 20, 2019 23:52

Gaetzi
"The 2015 Zip Code tour started in San Diego at Petco Park (a baseball stadium)."

Not only was I there, someone literally died on my girlfriend during Gary Clark's set

I was there, Gaetzi is not kidding!

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: November 20, 2019 23:55

It's a wild story, I'll re share it here when I have more time

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: November 23, 2019 04:08

Any rumblings here, BV?

We need some good news to focus on!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 23, 2019 04:19

I haven't looked around in a while but I'm going to guess that, based on what I have read with the possibility of the Stones touring NA again that they will NOT perform at the 2020 New Orleans Jazz Fest because, no matter how it's viewed, JF and fans got burned by what happened.

They can deal with The Who this time around with the all very likely possible lumbering cancellation... which, as it has been, more and more older acts are having trouble (except Jimmy Buffett - must be all that weed he's smoked - maybe they should get Willie, if he can handle the heat and humidity like Buffett can) keeping up with.

Ah, yes, see, getting old does indeed have some downfalls...

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: November 23, 2019 20:07

GasLightStreet
I haven't looked around in a while but I'm going to guess that, based on what I have read with the possibility of the Stones touring NA again that they will NOT perform at the 2020 New Orleans Jazz Fest because, no matter how it's viewed, JF and fans got burned by what happened.

They can deal with The Who this time around with the all very likely possible lumbering cancellation... which, as it has been, more and more older acts are having trouble (except Jimmy Buffett - must be all that weed he's smoked - maybe they should get Willie, if he can handle the heat and humidity like Buffett can) keeping up with.

Ah, yes, see, getting old does indeed have some downfalls...

Jimmy Buffett just postponed some Florida dates for a year so he may not be available in May.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 25, 2019 16:38

GasLightStreet

Perhaps some locals feel JF and fans "got burned" by what happened, but I doubt that's the prevailing opinion of Stones or JF fans.
Pretty much everyone in all the cities had to deal with the postponement and no one holds resentments about Mick's health issue.

My bet is they do play JF this year as we have seen over the years, they generally try hard to meet concert commitments they make even when they have to postpone, and while they played a stadium there, JF is apparently on their or the promoters bucket list.

JF line-up won't be announced this year until Jan. 15..
My bet is the Stones announce the 2020 leg the same day or perhaps a week or so earlier with that date left off until JF announces like last year.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 25, 2019 18:55

I remember all the hoopla surrounding ticket sales for Jazz Fest in the news that was posted here - people waiting in long lines, etc. all wanting to see the Stones.
Of all the postponed shows, that one must have stung the worst due to it being cancelled.

For the people who bought tix solely for the Stones, weren't they instead "gifted" with the remnants of Fleetwood Mac and/or the option to get a refund?
If that's the way it happened, FM sounds like a nightmare of an option, but can't blame it on the Stones imo.
If they do decide to play there again, I doubt there will be as big of a demand though - at least initially...many people who planned going last year will think twice.
Still hoping for some more California shows in the north and south...thumbs up

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 25, 2019 19:35

Yeah, I would attribute any potential early lack of enthusiasm more on the fact that they did play NO last year albeit not JF.

Right there with you on California options hairball cool smiley
Also - Vancouver. Stayed across the street from BC Place over the weekend and would love to see them make a Vancouver stop (or two) this time.

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: November 25, 2019 19:38

When did the announce the tour last year? Around this time, right?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: November 25, 2019 20:25

CJFP

When did the announce the tour last year? Around this time, right?

Yep - announcement of the NoFilter US-Tour 2019 was on 19-Nov-2018: [iorr.org] .

Date: November 25, 2019 23:20

I figure they're waiting for Ronnie to finish his gigs before anything is announced... isn't there a "band summit" at the end of the year, usually? Or, at least when something is slated for the following year?

If we assume a 10-week itinerary of dates, like the schedule followed this year, the question comes down to playing Jazz Fest, which would mean not playing the new SoFi Stadium in Inglewood, CA and the new Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas.

SoFi opens on 7-25/26 with two shows from my favorite guest, Taylor Swift, and Kenny Chesney follows on 8-1. Allegiant is supposed to open by early August, also, but no announcements have been made yet as far as I know.

A return to New Orleans, or a return to LA and Vegas?

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: November 25, 2019 23:22

1985jayer
if the usa gets another tour. i would expect them to play Michigan Stadium in Ann Arbor, it holds around 106,000 and could easily be the biggest show next tour. remember that some college stadiums are much larger then pro football ones. fingers crossed for more shows next year....

Being two hours away and knowing A2 like the back of my hand, I would love it if they played The Big House. Two things however:

1) There has never been a concert in UofM Stadium and the trustees guard the venue closely. Sniff, tradition and whatnot.

2) No alcohol sales inside or out. People can party their asses off outside but it stops at the gate. This is not a bad thing, really. My favorite Stones show (out of nearly 40 since 1975) was Michigan State in East Lansing about 75 miles from A2. No alcohol sales there either and it made the whole affair much more enjoyable.

Date: November 25, 2019 23:27

I'm not sure there is room to get equipment into Michigan Stadium, is there? Looking at photos of the bowl itself, there's no tunnel to get the cranes in to erect the staging...

And, I'm not just saying that as a Buckeye fan... I'd drive up in a heartbeat for that gig!

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: November 25, 2019 23:59

TKinOH
I'm not sure there is room to get equipment into Michigan Stadium, is there? Looking at photos of the bowl itself, there's no tunnel to get the cranes in to erect the staging...

And, I'm not just saying that as a Buckeye fan... I'd drive up in a heartbeat for that gig!

Good question. I was there for commencement last Spring and the stage had quite a large footprint but not the behemoth the Stones lug around. Still, the place is roughly the same age has your Horseshoe and Spartan Stadium and they've all been updated in recent years so presumably it could be done. It never HAS been done however. You've had two Stones shows at the Horseshoe and Spartan Stadium had the Stones and U2 a few years back. Getting people unfamiliar with tiny Ann Arbor into the parking areas (and out) could be tricky as the Stones would attract a lot of non-football fans but not any more difficult than OSU or MSU I suppose.

U of M would attract all of Michigan, a good chunk of Ontario and much of northern Indiana and Ohio none of whom were reached by No Filter '19. I can picture the Wolverine traditionalists losing their damned minds over the idea of a huge, heavy stage and thousands of unwashed rockers tromping all over their sacred gridiron, however.

Date: November 26, 2019 00:13

I can see The Stones playing Notre Dame Stadium in South Bend, not sure if there's rules on more than one gig a year since they're just getting into the game... Billy Joel is in there on 6-20.

Lambeau Field in Green Bay could be a fit, too... those two shows could get some Chicago spillover.

The possibilities are endless...

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: November 26, 2019 03:56

MisterDDDD
Yeah, I would attribute any potential early lack of enthusiasm more on the fact that they did play NO last year albeit not JF.

Right there with you on California options hairball cool smiley
Also - Vancouver. Stayed across the street from BC Place over the weekend and would love to see them make a Vancouver stop (or two) this time.

YES!

Posted by: 1985jayer ()
Date: November 27, 2019 04:53

great info, didnt even think that there was never a show in that massive stadium. i saw the man utd vs barca game and just assumed they would have a concert. it was odd not having a drink inside but it still was cool. maybe if michigan beats the bucks this weekend, they will be happy again with Harbough. probably just play Wrigley Field though or even better would be Alpine Valley. It could be like the Milwaukee show at Summerfest, the smallest but one of the best that tour, champagne reefer is still in my head

rbk
1985jayer
if the usa gets another tour. i would expect them to play Michigan Stadium in Ann Arbor, it holds around 106,000 and could easily be the biggest show next tour. remember that some college stadiums are much larger then pro football ones. fingers crossed for more shows next year....

Being two hours away and knowing A2 like the back of my hand, I would love it if they played The Big House. Two things however:

1) There has never been a concert in UofM Stadium and the trustees guard the venue closely. Sniff, tradition and whatnot.

2) No alcohol sales inside or out. People can party their asses off outside but it stops at the gate. This is not a bad thing, really. My favorite Stones show (out of nearly 40 since 1975) was Michigan State in East Lansing about 75 miles from A2. No alcohol sales there either and it made the whole affair much more enjoyable.

Posted by: trevormcmullin ()
Date: November 27, 2019 18:01

Any news or updates BV?

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: November 27, 2019 19:37

Hey BV! Please give me something else to be thankful for tomorrow.

Posted by: fanch ()
Date: November 27, 2019 21:07

Annoucement will be probably late in february, for two reasons, to avoid another postponed tour and to make more publicity on this 2nd us tour to follow.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: November 28, 2019 06:21

Hairball
I remember all the hoopla surrounding ticket sales for Jazz Fest in the news that was posted here - people waiting in long lines, etc. all wanting to see the Stones.
Of all the postponed shows, that one must have stung the worst due to it being cancelled.

For the people who bought tix solely for the Stones, weren't they instead "gifted" with the remnants of Fleetwood Mac and/or the option to get a refund?
If that's the way it happened, FM sounds like a nightmare of an option, but can't blame it on the Stones imo.
If they do decide to play there again, I doubt there will be as big of a demand though - at least initially...many people who planned going last year will think twice.

Now admit it, u only want them for the south. I remember your glee over the post Levi's fiasco and your suggestion that they could play more concerts in the southland!

plexi

Date: November 28, 2019 07:32

timbernardis
Hairball

Now admit it, u only want them for the south. I remember your glee over the post Levi's fiasco and your suggestion that they could play more concerts in the southland!

plexi

Levis was a great show, and not sure what you're referring to in regards to the post Levi's fiasco...was it the bickering between the city and the 49'ers over the curfew and noise ? If so, yeah that was funny.
Doubt the Stones would ever play there again for a variety of reasons, but with talk of baseball stadiums, wouldn't mind seeing them back at Oracle Park (aka Pacific Bell Park aka SBC Park aka AT&T Park),
as I've seen plenty of great shows there and San Francisco is a nice city (aside from all the people defecating in the streets).

But if I was scheduling the tour, I'd totally bypass the north and keep the Stones down south (L.A., Anaheim, San Diego) where the weather is much nicer as are the people - and ther wouldn't be any childish bickering about noise.
Would also love to see them in Seattle some day, and even north of the border somewhere in the Canada - Vancouver would be nice.

Posted by: RollingStonesFan ()
Date: November 28, 2019 13:11

fanch
Annoucement will be probably late in february, for two reasons, to avoid another postponed tour and to make more publicity on this 2nd us tour to follow.

That would be fine for saving some money smiling smiley

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: November 28, 2019 18:07

Hairball
timbernardis
Hairball

plexi

Levis was a great show, and not sure what you're referring to in regards to the post Levi's fiasco...was it the bickering between the city and the 49'ers over the curfew and noise ? If so, yeah that was funny.
Doubt the Stones would ever play there again for a variety of reasons, but with talk of baseball stadiums, wouldn't mind seeing them back at Oracle Park (aka Pacific Bell Park aka SBC Park aka AT&T Park),
as I've seen plenty of great shows there and San Francisco is a nice city (aside from all the people defecating in the streets).

But if I was scheduling the tour, I'd totally bypass the north and keep the Stones down south (L.A., Anaheim, San Diego) where the weather is much nicer as are the people - and ther wouldn't be any childish bickering about noise.
Would also love to see them in Seattle some day, and even north of the border somewhere in the Canada - Vancouver would be nice.

Nicer people in SoCal? Happy Thanksgiving to you too from Norcal

Date: November 28, 2019 19:35

Of course there are always exceptions to the rule daspy!
Cheers and Happy Thanksgiving. smiling smiley

Posted by: RG ()
Date: November 29, 2019 13:10

Any news about a next Tour? It's so quiet.. no rumours anymore sad smiley

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: November 29, 2019 15:01

RG
Any news about a next Tour? It's so quiet.. no rumours anymore sad smiley

The latest rumours are in the “News Stones Album for 2019?” thread...oh wait.. there’s nothing there either...

Rod

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-11-29 15:02 by bitusa2012.

Date: December 3, 2019 05:13

Woody's sayin' the work on the album comes first, then continuing the tour.

That might explain the lack of rumors lately.

I'm wondering if The Stones will go with the album release, then a tour of North America next Fall 2020? 1989, 1994, 1997, 2002, and 2005 all unfolded like this...

The timing could allow for Motley, The Crowes et al, to finish their road work before the heavy hitters come in!

It'll be worth the wait, no matter when it comes...

Happy Holidays to all!

Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: December 4, 2019 02:56

Just an educated guess, but I'm thinking the 2020 tour will run a little later than projected by BV a couple months ago, with it ending around mid/late August.

Reason: They should be targeting playing in the new NFL stadiums in LA and Las Vegas. For Las Vegas, they continue to say it's on schedule for completion by July 31st, but the completion of the roof has been pushed back twice - now to sometime in December. I flew over the new LA stadium last week; and from a quick look from the plane, it appeared to be less complete than the Las Vegas stadium. So I'd guess the LA and Vegas stadium concert dates should not be scheduled earlier than mid-August; and they will not have full confidence when both stadiums will be complete for a few more months. Of course, they could schedule a tour without including those stadiums, but they would probably be three solid sell outs at high prices (2 LA, 1 Vegas), if they can perform there next summer. So a tour including LA and Vegas would need to extend at least to mid-August, even if it ends then.

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: December 4, 2019 03:29

IGTBA
So I'd guess the LA and Vegas stadium concert dates should not be scheduled earlier than mid-August; and they will not have full confidence when both stadiums will be complete for a few more months.

Taylor Swift is opening the new L.A. stadium with two shows in late July...tickets went on sale in October.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2526272829303132333435...LastNext
Current Page: 30 of 84

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1888
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home