Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 84
Re: No Filter Tour 2020
Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: October 29, 2019 23:28

MisterDDDD

I'd eagerly cross the pond for another week in Twickenham!!
What a great area, full of great stones history and fantastic people!

Would highly recommend staying within walking distance though as I did last time.. winking smiley

Plus one. I loved that area - quite civilized. Any self-respecting Benny Hill fan could stay in nearby Teddington. It's not like Twickenham is Werchter or some horrible American amphitheatre in the middle of a cornfield.

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: October 30, 2019 17:54

Travman87
Hey guys,

DDifficult to keeo up to date on if a London date at the enbd of the tour has been discussed again yet??
Just wandering if Twickenham stadium is a rumor?? I work there during events and there are "concert 1 and concert 2" dates written in for June 27th and July 4th (both saturdays) could the Stones play one or both of those?

Saturdays are far better for Twickenham with the night tube in service.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-10-30 17:54 by WelshEdge1.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: October 30, 2019 18:28

WelshEdge1
Travman87
Hey guys,

DDifficult to keeo up to date on if a London date at the enbd of the tour has been discussed again yet??
Just wandering if Twickenham stadium is a rumor?? I work there during events and there are "concert 1 and concert 2" dates written in for June 27th and July 4th (both saturdays) could the Stones play one or both of those?

It doesn't operate on the District Line yet, which terminates at Richmond, 2.5 miles from Twickenham.

Date: October 30, 2019 19:38

grzegorz67
WelshEdge1
Travman87
Hey guys,

It doesn't operate on the District Line yet, which terminates at Richmond, 2.5 miles from Twickenham.

There are shuttle buses available from the stadium to Hounslow bus station - 5 minute walk to Hounslow East from the bus station.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-10-30 19:41 by WelshEdge1.

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: October 31, 2019 17:17

I marvel at the extraordinary phenomenon that is the Rolling Stones.

At an age when most of their contemporaries are happy to stroll gently around their local shopping mall, play a round of golf, do some light gardening or take the dog for a walk, the Stones embark on a seemingly never-ending series of tours. The fact that here on IORR we can argue and discuss between ourselves where we think they should next perform is quite remarkable.

Let us give thanks for The Stones and never, ever take them granted.

Of course much of the mainstream media love to categorise The Stones as money-grabbing, attention-seeking, self-indulgent pale shadows of their former selves. That is totally inaccurate, lazy journalism, and a travesty of the truth. The Stones can still turn it on in performance, several times every week, for 2-3 months at a time. And they reason they still do so is because hundreds of thousands of people, of all ages, want to see them on stage, doing what they have done, as good as ever, for over 50 years.

And that is amazing!

Posted by: RollingStonesFan ()
Date: October 31, 2019 17:28

WelshEdge1
grzegorz67
WelshEdge1
Travman87
Hey guys,

There are shuttle buses available from the stadium to Hounslow bus station - 5 minute walk to Hounslow East from the bus station.

Amazing that people are already discussing travelling for a show we dont't know if it will happen... xD

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: October 31, 2019 18:00

GerardHennessy
I marvel at the extraordinary phenomenon that is the Rolling Stones.

At an age when most of their contemporaries are happy to stroll gently around their local shopping mall, play a round of golf, do some light gardening or take the dog for a walk, the Stones embark on a seemingly never-ending series of tours. The fact that here on IORR we can argue and discuss between ourselves where we think they should next perform is quite remarkable.

Let us give thanks for The Stones and never, ever take them granted.

Of course much of the mainstream media love to categorise The Stones as money-grabbing, attention-seeking, self-indulgent pale shadows of their former selves. That is totally inaccurate, lazy journalism, and a travesty of the truth. The Stones can still turn it on in performance, several times every week, for 2-3 months at a time. And they reason they still do so is because hundreds of thousands of people, of all ages, want to see them on stage, doing what they have done, as good as ever, for over 50 years.

And that is amazing!

Yup, even something as physically less demanding as acting as sent many into retirement by this age - Jack Nicholson, Sean Connery, Gene Hackman, etc. etc.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 31, 2019 18:04

RollingStonesFan
WelshEdge1
grzegorz67
WelshEdge1
Travman87
Hey guys,

Amazing that people are already discussing travelling for a show we dont't know if it will happen... xD

smiling smiley

Posted by: Kerryann ()
Date: October 31, 2019 23:43

Aggggghhhhh Air New Zealand has a premier seat sale on for flights to the USA expiring 6 Nov. Soooo wish we had dates to work to - grrrrrrrr

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: November 1, 2019 02:11

@ RollingStonesFan:
If death or desease doesn't strike, the band will be definitely be on tour again!

@GerardHennessy: EXACTLY! smileys with beer smileys with beer smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-11-01 02:11 by waterrats.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: November 1, 2019 14:27

DeanGoodman
MisterDDDD

Would highly recommend staying within walking distance though as I did last time.. winking smiley

Plus one. I loved that area - quite civilized. Any self-respecting Benny Hill fan could stay in nearby Teddington. It's not like Twickenham is Werchter or some horrible American amphitheatre in the middle of a cornfield.

In other words...quite posh .
[Doesn't stop the locals trying sell you tins of pop and hot dogs from their front gardens though grinning smiley]

Posted by: swaff ()
Date: November 5, 2019 21:06

Should we be expecting an announcement on a second leg this November or , more likely in January?

Date: November 5, 2019 21:31

swaff
Should we be expecting an announcement on a second leg this November or , more likely in January?

I guess after all these releases and reissues are out. I can't see anything before next year.

Posted by: Stonesdude ()
Date: November 5, 2019 21:43

swaff

My guess would be January or February

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: November 6, 2019 00:32

"Plus one. I loved that area - quite civilized. Any self-respecting Benny Hill fan could stay in nearby Teddington. It's not like Twickenham is Werchter or some horrible American amphitheatre in the middle of a cornfield."

Hehe Dean I'll never forget the opening in 2007winking smiley, I remember your description of the non-existing transports back to Bruxelles hehehehe, God that was a great night though for me, managed to sneak into R********e In and T********p after the show, pretty lacklustre security, almost like the 70's. And we got the last show where they ended with Sympathy…. Shattered was pretty tasty also following SMU, "The boys are nervous or I don't know what about!" heheheh Happy Days!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-11-06 00:33 by MadMax.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: November 7, 2019 00:11

MisterDDDD
SomeTorontoGirl
MisterDDDD

Nah, I’m keen to walk clear across London in the middle of the night. tongue sticking out smiley

Suit yourself spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

As I practically did after the 2nd London show last year smiling smiley

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: November 7, 2019 01:42

BluzDude
MisterDDDD
SomeTorontoGirl
MisterDDDD

Nah, I’m keen to walk clear across London in the middle of the night. tongue sticking out smiley

Suit yourself spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

As I practically did after the 2nd London show last year smiling smiley

And we’ll do it again if needs be. WHAT is wrong with us? grinning smiley

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: November 7, 2019 03:25

also there are some who claim a round of golf gets more demanding as you get older cos the fitness levels needed are not there any more. one in particular uses it constantly as an excuse for failure

makes the stones achievements in the last 30 years even more remarkable.

maybe they should take up golf when they retire.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: November 13, 2019 10:04

Bring on N, America part 2 with more Canada dates!

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: November 13, 2019 16:06

babyblue
Bring on N, America part 2 with more Canada dates!

Please! And Thank You!

smoking smiley

Posted by: RG ()
Date: November 15, 2019 17:51

US Tour 2020? Would they travel New York again?

Date: November 15, 2019 18:49

RG

New York, Los Angeles, and several other cities across the land - including a couple in Canada making it No Filter North America II 2020.

Posted by: makustone ()
Date: November 15, 2019 18:53

Hairball
RG

New York, Los Angeles, and several other cities across the land - including a couple in Canada making it No Filter North America II 2020.

What you say is an affirmation or a wish?

Date: November 15, 2019 18:57

makustone
Hairball
RG

Educated guess and common sense.thumbs up

Posted by: makustone ()
Date: November 15, 2019 19:04

Hairball
makustone
Hairball
RG

Educated guess and common sense.thumbs up

I hope it is so and return to NY and LAX. For those who travel from Argentina it is closer than other cities in the USA.

Date: November 15, 2019 19:05

San Diego could be another candidate for having a show (imo).thumbs up

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: November 15, 2019 19:39

Did San Diego knock down their old football stadium or is it still standing? They no longer have a football team and their baseball stadium is likely too small for a Stones show given their most recent venues.

Date: November 15, 2019 19:55

Stadium is still there in San Diego and functioning - warts and all.
Home of the San Diego State Aztecs Football team, and due for major renovation some time in the future.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-11-15 19:55 by Hairball.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: November 15, 2019 22:36

When was the first Tongue spotted at the NFL stadiums last year? Maybe a promotion similar will be used to tease next year’s shows?

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: November 15, 2019 22:58

keefmick
Did San Diego knock down their old football stadium or is it still standing? They no longer have a football team and their baseball stadium is likely too small for a Stones show given their most recent venues.

Saw U2 Joshua Tree tour there. No wonder Chargers left town. What a dumb. That said, I'd go.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 84

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2078
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home