Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2223242526272829303132...LastNext
Current Page: 27 of 84
Re: No Filter Tour 2020
Posted by: Witness ()
Date: October 27, 2019 14:58

bv
rbp
They will play wherever the money is. One thing you're guaranteed is the same old songs.

Like they have done since 1962. That is why we love them.

That is why I saw them one time and one time only in 2017. That is why I at the very earliest, with largely unchanged set lists, do not want to go to one Stones concert until 2021 or 2022, that is, if both I and the band still exist at that point in time.

While I am one who never skip any songs when I listen to their music approximately 20 per cent of my total listening time. I would have loved to attend Rolling Stones concerts without warhorses. I am aware that is never going to be, but that is how my love for the Rolling Stones music is.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 27, 2019 15:08

rbp
They will play wherever the money is. One thing you're guaranteed is the same old songs.

They gave us enough since the 60's right? Enough unforgettable songs, enough live memories we'll take to the grave. So imho they've earnt the right to "cruise it" a little bit. And remember we the 1% harcore fans are not the band's main target. Mick's target is the person who just heard the stones on the radio or just saw a YT vid and is dying to them live for the very 1st time.

Date: October 27, 2019 15:52

Witness
bv
rbp

That is why I saw them one time and one time only in 2017. That is why I at the very earliest, with largely unchanged set lists, do not want to go to one Stones concert until 2021 or 2022, that is, if both I and the band still exist at that point in time.

While I am one who never skip any songs when I listen to their music approximately 20 per cent of my total listening time. I would have loved to attend Rolling Stones concerts without warhorses. I am aware that is never going to be, but that is how my love for the Rolling Stones music is.

That is also why you missed songs like Fool To Cry, Shine A Light, Mercy Mercy, Let It Bleed and others smoking smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 27, 2019 16:24

DandelionPowderman
Witness
bv
rbp

That is also why you missed songs like Fool To Cry, Shine A Light, Mercy Mercy, Let It Bleed and others smoking smiley

That is why some go to many shows, sort of the same as buying many lottery tickets. If you want "Dancing With Mr D" ,live, or "Wichitas Linesman", or "Play With Fire", or "Mercy Mercy", then you must increase the odds by going to many shows.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: October 27, 2019 16:38

bv
DandelionPowderman
Witness
bv
rbp

That is why some go to many shows, sort of the same as buying many lottery tickets. If you want "Dancing With Mr D" ,live, or "Wichitas Linesman", or "Play With Fire", or "Mercy Mercy", then you must increase the odds by going to many shows.

One such song for every second or third concert? With the rest of the songs unchanged?!

Posted by: Stonesdude ()
Date: October 27, 2019 17:11

Ok, so we get many of the same songs. But we do get the occasional one that is always fun to hear. I have only been to 44 shows, but enjoy everyone I go to. I have now been to 13 countries to see them. Europe in 17 & 18. South America and Cuba in 16.Why? BECAUSE IT IS FUN.

The Rolling Stones have taken me to a lot of cities and countries that I might not have otherwise been to. And for that I am grateful. It is such an experience to visit these wonderful cities and countries. I live in the US so to leave and see the parts of the world the Stones have taken me to, is fantastic.

Another reason is the fans. The people we have met and see in many countries. We have friends in Boston who we have met in many countries to see the Stones. The couple we met in Europe from Boston, who we got to see again in Santa Clara. In 2015 in San Diego we met a family, who we saw then in Stuttgart. We have also encouraged others to travel like us. There are so many nice people we have met, and glad to have met them.

As long as the Rolling Stones tour, I will see as many shows as I can. (9 this year) It looks like the US next year. I hope other countries in the future.

For my wife and I, life is experiences. And the Rolling Stones brings it to us.We hope we are lucky enough to get a few more shows.

Stonesdude

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 27, 2019 17:41

Witness
bv

One such song for every second or third concert? With the rest of the songs unchanged?!

In addition to the odd rarity one gets from going to a lot of shows, I wouldn't necessarily call the rest of the show "unchanged". Every live performance of a song can be different in small, sometimes big, ways. Throw in the b -stage renditions of a few acoustic classics with just the boys, and it's often brand new to everyone.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 27, 2019 18:05

We need more solid rumours!

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: October 27, 2019 18:09

Hairball
We need more solid rumours!

smiling smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 27, 2019 18:17

This thread is about the rumoured No Filter Tour 2020.

If you want to discuss set lists, please use this thread:

The Rolling Stones set list discussions

Bjornulf

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: October 27, 2019 18:42

Stonesdude
Ok, so we get many of the same songs. But we do get the occasional one that is always fun to hear. I have only been to 44 shows, but enjoy everyone I go to. I have now been to 13 countries to see them. Europe in 17 & 18. South America and Cuba in 16.Why? BECAUSE IT IS FUN.

The Rolling Stones have taken me to a lot of cities and countries that I might not have otherwise been to. And for that I am grateful. It is such an experience to visit these wonderful cities and countries. I live in the US so to leave and see the parts of the world the Stones have taken me to, is fantastic.

Another reason is the fans. The people we have met and see in many countries. We have friends in Boston who we have met in many countries to see the Stones. The couple we met in Europe from Boston, who we got to see again in Santa Clara. In 2015 in San Diego we met a family, who we saw then in Stuttgart. We have also encouraged others to travel like us. There are so many nice people we have met, and glad to have met them.

As long as the Rolling Stones tour, I will see as many shows as I can. (9 this year) It looks like the US next year. I hope other countries in the future.

For my wife and I, life is experiences. And the Rolling Stones brings it to us.We hope we are lucky enough to get a few more shows.

Stonesdude

I agree. I'm in for the long haul. As much as possible.

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: October 28, 2019 16:31

A big part of going to the Stones for me is traveling to new and exciting places. I doubt I'd go to six shows in a row in my home city but the Stones have brought me to a lot of amazing places. Point being, at that point, the set list is way less important then the adventure.

Posted by: micawber ()
Date: October 28, 2019 18:14

Gaetzi
A big part of going to the Stones for me is traveling to new and exciting places. I doubt I'd go to six shows in a row in my home city but the Stones have brought me to a lot of amazing places. Point being, at that point, the set list is way less important then the adventure.

You nailed it!

Date: October 28, 2019 18:31

micawber
Gaetzi

You nailed it!

thumbs up

If it weren't for the Stones, doubt I would have gone to Phoenix this summer in the scorching 110 F heat - blame it on the Stones! hot smiley

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: October 28, 2019 20:09

rbp
daspyknows
rbp
daspyknows
rbp

Just curious. If you have an issue with that, why are you here?

Expressing an opinion on a forum - do you have an issue?

No issue with it but just seems bizarre to hang out in a place where you don't seem to have anything but a negative interest.

I think it is rather bizarre that you are so concerned about someone expressing an opinion that you deem to be negative. Do you feel the need to banish those who express an opinion that runs counter to yours? Plenty to praise and criticise about the Stones' current modus operandi if you are objective.

Don't really care about your views one way or another just seems odd that all you have to say is
rbp
If that was all I had to add I wouldn't have bothered but then I guess I ruffled your feathers. You don't need to go see the Stones again and I will plan on it. So, what is your praise about the Stones' current modus operandi ?

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: October 28, 2019 20:13

Gaetzi

Agree. Between Stones and a few other bands I have gotten some amazing travel in and met cool folks from all over the world.

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: October 28, 2019 20:54

It was wild the people we met and the stories they had in the pit in Denver. I think we were the only people we chatted with that were local.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 29, 2019 05:18

I will expect a huge bump in sales for HONK...

Posted by: Travman87 ()
Date: October 29, 2019 12:32

Hey guys,

DDifficult to keeo up to date on if a London date at the enbd of the tour has been discussed again yet??
Just wandering if Twickenham stadium is a rumor?? I work there during events and there are "concert 1 and concert 2" dates written in for June 27th and July 4th (both saturdays) could the Stones play one or both of those?

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: October 29, 2019 13:33

Travman87
Hey guys,

DDifficult to keeo up to date on if a London date at the enbd of the tour has been discussed again yet??
Just wandering if Twickenham stadium is a rumor?? I work there during events and there are "concert 1 and concert 2" dates written in for June 27th and July 4th (both saturdays) could the Stones play one or both of those?

Oh, bloody hell! Scarred for life after the traffic nightmare after the last Twick gig. Nooooooooo!!!

Date: October 29, 2019 14:37

SomeTorontoGirl
Travman87
Hey guys,

Oh, bloody hell! Scarred for life after the traffic nightmare after the last Twick gig. Nooooooooo!!!

I'd eagerly cross the pond for another week in Twickenham!!
What a great area, full of great stones history and fantastic people!

Would highly recommend staying within walking distance though as I did last time.. winking smiley

Date: October 29, 2019 15:26

MisterDDDD

Would highly recommend staying within walking distance though as I did last time.. winking smiley

Nah, I’m keen to walk clear across London in the middle of the night. tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: October 29, 2019 15:31

SomeTorontoGirl
Travman87
Hey guys,

I was especially badly stitched up, ending up spending the night at oh so lovely Victoria Coach station and taking the next day off work.
But of course I'll still go if it happens winking smiley
I'll just make different travel plans next time. Twickenham has by far the poorest transport logistics of all the big London Stadia. But it's still a much better venue than Wembley

In reality these 2 concerts could be any artist. Twickenham have obviously just made those dates available for concerts.

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: October 29, 2019 16:15

SomeTorontoGirl

A nightmare it was... I came out of the stadium with thousands and thousands of people walking to the same station.
Finally I ended up with Duke Richardson, just the 2 of us, trying to find a train... last one was gone, trying to find a bus... the last one was gone...
Finally we found a taxi who could bring us somewhere.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: October 29, 2019 16:33

ErwinH
SomeTorontoGirl

A nightmare it was... I came out of the stadium with thousands and thousands of people walking to the same station.
Finally I ended up with Duke Richardson, just the 2 of us, trying to find a train... last one was gone, trying to find a bus... the last one was gone...

Was that not London Stadium Show 1 ? I stayed at the same place as you and Duke and I remember sitting in the reception area and you 2 trooping in late.

Date: October 29, 2019 17:18

ErwinH
SomeTorontoGirl

And yet...we both eagerly beat a return to London whenever possible! grinning smiley

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: October 29, 2019 17:27

I liked the Twickers shows .

Might as well have walked back into London though... as I typically spend the night sitting outside Kings Cross train station.

[Funny to see the rugby fans trying to pinch some of the grass from the "sacred turf" where it pokes between the protrctive boards.]

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: October 29, 2019 18:07

the setlist is NOT THE SAME EACH SHOW.

How can you say that when you go to one show only???

The stones differ songs very much actually!

Off course they play Satisfaction each show, but what about songs like Mercy Mercy, Let It Bleed, Angie, She's So Cold, Ride 'Em On Down, Play With Fire, Dead Flowers, Out of Control and Sweet Virgina? smiling smiley

Menno

Ps: hope to see you on the next tour (not show).

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Date: October 29, 2019 21:17

SomeTorontoGirl
MisterDDDD

Nah, I’m keen to walk clear across London in the middle of the night. tongue sticking out smiley

Suit yourself spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: October 29, 2019 21:26

London Calling?

I don't mind if they play Twickenham stadium again even though the logistics are horrible getting to and from - similar thing happened during the Licks tour.
And while the Twickenham area is a nice place to visit for a day, there's many other areas in London that are far more desirable.
Would rather sacrifice convenience and stay somewhere else, even at the risk of getting stranded after the show....it's all part of the experience.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2223242526272829303132...LastNext
Current Page: 27 of 84

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1507
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home