Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2122232425262728293031...LastNext
Current Page: 26 of 84
Re: No Filter Tour 2020
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 25, 2019 19:54

TornAndFried
PalaisRoyale
What NFL stadiums have been missed between Zipcode and the recent tour? LA has been mentioned but what markets will make up the 15-17 stops this time? Will baseball stadiums be put back into the mix?

No baseball stadiums. The stage is too large. Only football stadiums and festivals.

Since the stage is setup in the outfield, pretty sure the current set up would fit? The massive Bigger Bang and Bridges stages were both at Dodger stadium.
Either way, hope for no baseball stadiums - the layout is weird, and the sightlines are horrible for those on the extreme sides.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: October 25, 2019 19:56

Hairball
TornAndFried
PalaisRoyale
What NFL stadiums have been missed between Zipcode and the recent tour? LA has been mentioned but what markets will make up the 15-17 stops this time? Will baseball stadiums be put back into the mix?

No baseball stadiums. The stage is too large. Only football stadiums and festivals.

Since the stage is setup in the outfield, pretty sure the current set up would fit? The massive Bigger Bang and Bridges stages were both at Dodger stadium.
Either way, hope for no baseball stadiums - the layout is weird, and the sightlines are horrible for those on the extreme sides.

I've never been in a baseball stadium and I don't fancy seeing a concert in one for exactly the reason you've given thumbs up.

Posted by: erbissell ()
Date: October 25, 2019 19:57

Hairball
TornAndFried
PalaisRoyale

I think the sight lines would actually be slightly better in baseball fields, the side stage seats wouldn't be as extreme where you can't see the middle screens.

I'm guessing one reason they went with NFL stadiums is the rectangular "phone screen shape" aesthetic that was mentioned multiple times in the stage design by stufish. Also another big one is capacity, most baseball stadiums are smaller, dodger stadium being the largest at 56,000.

Date: October 25, 2019 20:00

erbissell
Hairball
TornAndFried
PalaisRoyale

I think the sight lines would actually be slightly better in baseball fields, the side stage seats wouldn't be as extreme where you can't see the middle screens.

I'm guessing one reason they went with NFL stadiums is the rectangular "phone screen shape" aesthetic that was mentioned multiple times in the stage design by stufish. Also another big one is capacity, most baseball stadiums are smaller, dodger stadium being the largest at 56,000.

Evidently you haven't seen them in a baseball stadium erbissell?
The sightlines from the sides are much further away from the stage than they are in a football stadium - horrible.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: October 25, 2019 20:56

They could theoretically fit the No Filter stage into baseball stadiums but the layout and aesthetic was designed with football and soccer stadiums in mind. It would be difficult to see the screens from the side stands and anyway, they can fit far more people into a football stadium which means a higher box office tally.

Posted by: rbp ()
Date: October 25, 2019 21:05

daspyknows
rbp
They will play wherever the money is. One thing you're guaranteed is the same old songs.

Just curious. If you have an issue with that, why are you here?

Expressing an opinion on a forum - do you have an issue?

Date: October 25, 2019 21:11

TornAndFried
They could theoretically fit the No Filter stage into baseball stadiums but the layout and aesthetic was designed with football and soccer stadiums in mind. It would be difficult to see the screens from the side stands and anyway, they can fit far more people into a football stadium which means a higher box office tally.

Agreed, and again, I hope for no baseball stadiums - the layout is weird, and the sightlines are horrible for those on the extreme sides.

Posted by: TurningToGold2 ()
Date: October 25, 2019 21:11

If you think about it, in 2019 they did 17 shows:

13 NFL stadiums
1 college football stadium
2 Festivals (counting Jazz Fest, which got cancelled and wound up being held in an NFL stadium)

They obviously had a deal in place with the NFL, to do the shirts with the football team logos. Knowing how the NFL works, you don't make a deal like that for only SOME of the NFL teams, you have to make a merchandise deal like that for the WHOLE NFL, meaning ALL the NFL teams.

So it makes sense to go back and do the remaining other 18 NFL stadiums, 18 shows. Or maybe they skip 1 or 2 of the NFL stadiums in lesser markets, plus they can also skip Oakland because they already did Levis Stadium in that market.

So that's 17 shows:

BUFFALO
KANSAS CITY
OAKLAND
L.A.
BALTIMORE
CLEVELAND
PITTSBURGH
CINCINATTI
INDIANAPOLIS
NASHVILLE
DALLAS
PHILLY
GREEN BAY
MINNEAPOLIS
DETROIT
CHARLOTTE, N CAROLINA
TAMPA BAY, FL
GEORGIA DOME, ATLANTA GA

That looks like a pretty good list to me. Interesting coverage of the US -- it pretty much hits every major place or region that they missed the last time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-10-25 21:13 by TurningToGold2.

Date: October 25, 2019 21:52

TurningToGold2

13 NFL stadiums
2 Festivals (counting Jazz Fest, which got cancelled and wound up being held in an NFL stadium)

They obviously had a deal in place with the NFL, to do the shirts with the football team logos. Knowing how the NFL works, you don't make a deal like that for only SOME of the NFL teams, you have to make a merchandise deal like that for the WHOLE NFL, meaning ALL the NFL teams.

So it makes sense to go back and do the remaining other 18 NFL stadiums, 18 shows. Or maybe they skip 1 or 2 of the NFL stadiums in lesser markets, plus they can also skip Oakland because they already did Levis Stadium in that market.

So that's 17 shows:

BUFFALO
KANSAS CITY
OAKLAND
L.A.
BALTIMORE
CLEVELAND
PITTSBURGH
CINCINATTI
INDIANAPOLIS
NASHVILLE
DALLAS
PHILLY
GREEN BAY
MINNEAPOLIS
DETROIT
CHARLOTTE, N CAROLINA
TAMPA BAY, FL
GEORGIA DOME, ATLANTA GA

That looks like a pretty good list to me. Interesting coverage of the US -- it pretty much hits every major place or region that they missed the last time.

Kansas City will not happen. Tickets did not sell well at all on the Zip Code Tour. Thousands of seats were available just a few days before the show. Floor seats in the first five rows were going for $225 each. They sold every other row in some of the lower sections to make it seem more full. I would not count on Kansas City. St Louis before KC

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-10-25 21:53 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Posted by: TurningToGold2 ()
Date: October 25, 2019 23:01

jumpontopofmebaby

Kansas City will not happen. Tickets did not sell well at all on the Zip Code Tour. Thousands of seats were available just a few days before the show. Floor seats in the first five rows were going for $225 each. They sold every other row in some of the lower sections to make it seem more full. I would not count on Kansas City. St Louis before KC

Fair enough. But so many people said the same exact thing about New Orleans (sold terribly in 1994, that the Stones would never ever play New Orleans again) and sure enough they came back and the New Orleans show did GREAT for them this tour. The Dome was packed to the ceiling. You really can't judge from past tours anymore....the NFL sponsorship tie-ins, the Lucky Dips, the flex pricing and secondary ticket sites have changed all that.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: October 25, 2019 23:17

rbp
daspyknows
rbp
They will play wherever the money is. One thing you're guaranteed is the same old songs.

No issue with it but just seems bizarre to hang out in a place where you don't seem to have anything but a negative interest.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: October 25, 2019 23:29

TurningToGold2
jumpontopofmebaby

Fair enough. But so many people said the same exact thing about New Orleans (sold terribly in 1994, that the Stones would never ever play New Orleans again) and sure enough they came back and the New Orleans show did GREAT for them this tour. The Dome was packed to the ceiling. You really can't judge from past tours anymore....the NFL sponsorship tie-ins, the Lucky Dips, the flex pricing and secondary ticket sites have changed all that.

Dome was packed? They drew 35000! Wouldn't call that packed.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: October 25, 2019 23:30

jumpontopofmebaby
TurningToGold2

13 NFL stadiums

So that's 17 shows:

BUFFALO
KANSAS CITY
OAKLAND
L.A.
BALTIMORE
CLEVELAND
PITTSBURGH
CINCINATTI
INDIANAPOLIS
NASHVILLE
DALLAS
PHILLY
GREEN BAY
MINNEAPOLIS
DETROIT
CHARLOTTE, N CAROLINA
TAMPA BAY, FL
GEORGIA DOME, ATLANTA GA

1 show in the western US Philly and LA only duplicated markets and nothing in the northeastern seaboard (sorry Buffalo is not that market) doesn't seem to make sense.

It wouldn't surprise me if a number of the bigger markets that sold well will get another visit. The list above has more Jacksonville and Tempe's than NY, Chicago and SF's where there are larger populations to pay the big dollars for tickets. I would also think Canada gets more love this time around although that's not my first preference.

Date: October 25, 2019 23:40

daspyknows
jumpontopofmebaby
TurningToGold2

13 NFL stadiums

So that's 17 shows:

BUFFALO
KANSAS CITY
OAKLAND
L.A.
BALTIMORE
CLEVELAND
PITTSBURGH
CINCINATTI
INDIANAPOLIS
NASHVILLE
DALLAS
PHILLY
GREEN BAY
MINNEAPOLIS
DETROIT
CHARLOTTE, N CAROLINA
TAMPA BAY, FL
GEORGIA DOME, ATLANTA GA

1 show in the western US Philly and LA only duplicated markets and nothing in the northeastern seaboard (sorry Buffalo is not that market) doesn't seem to make sense.

It wouldn't surprise me if a number of the bigger markets that sold well will get another visit. The list above has more Jacksonville and Tempe's than NY, Chicago and SF's where there are larger populations to pay the big dollars for tickets. I would also think Canada gets more love this time around although that's not my first preference.

I hope Canada (outside of Toronto) gets more love this time!! The NFL list above has too many cities in the mid-west so fairly close together: Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Nashville.

Date: October 26, 2019 00:02

San Diego is a given, at least in my mind. smiling smiley

Posted by: erbissell ()
Date: October 26, 2019 00:25

Hairball
erbissell
Hairball
TornAndFried
PalaisRoyale

Evidently you haven't seen them in a baseball stadium erbissell?
The sightlines from the sides are much further away from the stage than they are in a football stadium - horrible.

I have been a few times. You're right about the distance, but it depends on the stadium. I regularly go to other non-stones stadium shows in the SF area, and ATT park is by far my favorite stadium venue compared to the Coliseum or Levi's. I've seen the stones at all 3 too.

I was 100 level at ATT(or Oracle now I guess...) at the foul ball post for the Eagles a couple years ago and they were great seats, not right up to the edge of the runway like in an NFL stadium...but you could still see Don behind the drums and the sound was great. Could not see Charlie from the LD sidestage seats we got this summer at Levi's, fortunately had backup GA back of floor seats to go to.

This is Fenway and Oracle:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-10-26 00:26 by erbissell.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: October 26, 2019 00:27

TurningToGold2
jumpontopofmebaby

In 1989, the sold out TWO shows in Indianapolis then in 1994 no one showed up, so they didn't go back until 2015. It's weird how sales go.

Date: October 26, 2019 00:43

@erbissell

I suppose it does depend on the overall layout of the baseball stadium and where the stage is placed, as well as personal preference.
I've also seen the Stones several times at AT&T Park (formerly PacBell, SBC, etc., etc), as well many other baseball stadiums. Also quite few football stadiums including L.A. Coliseum, Rose Bowl, Levis, Oakland Coliseum. As a personal rule, I'd much rather see them in a football stadium, but have always been sure to avoid side views - and was lucky with Lucky Dips and wasn't placed there. At the same time, I've never had extreme side view seats at a baseball stadium, but have heard from others who have (specifically Dodger stadium and Angels stadium) - not a great perspective. Ultimately, the sport of baseball and rock and roll don't really gel well or have much in common imo ha, and while I am a fan of baseball, it seems odd seeing rock and roll concerts in those odd shaped venues.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-10-26 00:44 by Hairball.

Date: October 26, 2019 02:33

Hairball
@erbissell

I suppose it does depend on the overall layout of the baseball stadium and where the stage is placed, as well as personal preference.
I've also seen the Stones several times at AT&T Park (formerly PacBell, SBC, etc., etc), as well many other baseball stadiums. Also quite few football stadiums including L.A. Coliseum, Rose Bowl, Levis, Oakland Coliseum. As a personal rule, I'd much rather see them in a football stadium, but have always been sure to avoid side views - and was lucky with Lucky Dips and wasn't placed there. At the same time, I've never had extreme side view seats at a baseball stadium, but have heard from others who have (specifically Dodger stadium and Angels stadium) - not a great perspective. Ultimately, the sport of baseball and rock and roll don't really gel well or have much in common imo ha, and while I am a fan of baseball, it seems odd seeing rock and roll concerts in those odd shaped venues.

I am out on the baseball field also. Just seems like a lot of not so good seats compared to a football stadium. The pictures above show that

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-10-26 03:37 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Date: October 26, 2019 02:44

Las Vegas and Los Angeles will have brand new stadiums next year. Historically, new stadiums seem to bring in all kinds of big events, including great concerts, and the Stones are great.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: October 26, 2019 04:10

Send It To me
TurningToGold2
jumpontopofmebaby

In 1989, the sold out TWO shows in Indianapolis then in 1994 no one showed up, so they didn't go back until 2015. It's weird how sales go.

In 1994 tickets were $55 plus fees, almost twice 1989. No one had ever been asked to pay that for a stadium show before. On top of that, Pink Floyd, Eagles and Billy Joel/Elton John had stadium runs on top of every other band who ever existed also touring that year.

It took awhile for the Voodoo Lounge tour to pick up steam. They were supposed to 3-4 at the Rose Bowl and that got whittled down to 2.

Date: October 26, 2019 04:27

Dan
It took awhile for the Voodoo Lounge tour to pick up steam. They were supposed to 3-4 at the Rose Bowl and that got whittled down to 2.

I did not know that!

No matter, I only went to one show that tour (first Rose Bowl show), just as I did previously for Steel Wheels (Coliseum) and the following Bridges (Dodger stadium).
Those were the days when one seemed enough and I was probably too busy with other things in life, though I would have happily attended a second show just as I did at the Coliseum '81.

Posted by: rbp ()
Date: October 26, 2019 10:35

daspyknows
rbp
daspyknows
rbp

No issue with it but just seems bizarre to hang out in a place where you don't seem to have anything but a negative interest.

I think it is rather bizarre that you are so concerned about someone expressing an opinion that you deem to be negative. Do you feel the need to banish those who express an opinion that runs counter to yours? Plenty to praise and criticise about the Stones' current modus operandi if you are objective.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: October 26, 2019 10:49

rbp
daspyknows
rbp
daspyknows
rbp

I think it is rather bizarre that you are so concerned about someone expressing an opinion that you deem to be negative. Do you feel the need to banish those who express an opinion that runs counter to yours? Plenty to praise and criticise about the Stones' current modus operandi if you are objective.

Hey kids. Please take your boring and petty argument elsewhere. It's a waste of time and space. Thank you

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: October 26, 2019 11:09

DGA35
TurningToGold2
jumpontopofmebaby

I was at that show in pit 2 and the stadium did look packed- but even the Stones listed the attendance at 35000. It was one of the strangest damn things I’ve ever seen.
I’ve Been going to concerts for five decades and I would’ve given you 50 to 1 odds on a bet that there were 65000 people there.
No matter, it was an epic show. After So many years you sort them out, some were a fun night out, some were unforgettable. Even BV mentioned it, that NOLA 2019 gig had a vibe about it.

Posted by: massmick ()
Date: October 26, 2019 17:11

Why limit to NFL Stadia? The NFL doesn't own the Stadia, so as far as a "deal" with them, probs limited to those ugly jerseys. Why not some more college venues? They've done Ohio State and Pasadena.
Why not from this list?:
[www.ncaa.com]

Throw in a revisit to Churchill Downs, Buffalo, Indy Motor Speedway, Moncton, Montreal, Toronto, Edmunton, Vancouver...the list is MORE THAN adequate to support a successful leg without utilizing those horrible baseball stadia.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-10-26 17:21 by massmick.

Date: October 26, 2019 23:20

lem motlow
DGA35
TurningToGold2
jumpontopofmebaby

I was at that show in pit 2 and the stadium did look packed- but even the Stones listed the attendance at 35000. It was one of the strangest damn things I’ve ever seen.
I’ve Been going to concerts for five decades and I would’ve given you 50 to 1 odds on a bet that there were 65000 people there.
No matter, it was an epic show. After So many years you sort them out, some were a fun night out, some were unforgettable. Even BV mentioned it, that NOLA 2019 gig had a vibe about it.

Hey Lem, someone here previously said the stage was setup around the 50 yard line so 35000 would look packed.

Posted by: swaff ()
Date: October 27, 2019 00:10

TurningToGold2

13 NFL stadiums

So that's 17 shows:

BUFFALO
KANSAS CITY
OAKLAND
L.A.
BALTIMORE
CLEVELAND
PITTSBURGH
CINCINATTI
INDIANAPOLIS
NASHVILLE
DALLAS
PHILLY
GREEN BAY
MINNEAPOLIS
DETROIT
CHARLOTTE, N CAROLINA
TAMPA BAY, FL
GEORGIA DOME, ATLANTA GA

"Skip Oakland"? OUCH!!!

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: October 27, 2019 02:14

Canada minimum 4 shows.

That's just opinion so don't go calling it a rumor on the next page.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 27, 2019 13:59

Hearing rumors of at least four Canadian stops on the next run winking smiley
(not technically next page yet.. )

Would be surprising if they didn't play at least a few Canadian shows imo.
Vancouver, Edmonton, Toronto and Montreal would all be great options if they do.

Other than Quebec City and Burls Creek, it's been a while...
Vancouver would be fantastic, last show 2006, a lot of demand no doubt.

Throw in a couple of baseball parks (San Diego, Detroit) along with some of the remaining NFL stadiums they didn't hit on the last leg and a decent No Filter 2020 run would sell very well.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2122232425262728293031...LastNext
Current Page: 26 of 84

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1730
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home