Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 84
Re: No Filter Tour 2020
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: October 24, 2019 01:58

Paddy
If I don’t mention a Van****er show, it might happen!! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I better not mention it either then! BC Place with the roof open, 55000 inside would be awesome though.

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: October 24, 2019 03:23

I was listening to Rachel Steele on Classic Rewind on SiriusXM channel 25 this afternoon, and she mentioned rumors (IN ALL CAPS) of the Stones touring the US next year. Maybe she checks in with iorr!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-10-24 18:40 by 2014Slayer.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: October 24, 2019 18:07

I spoke with a couple of tour crew members at the New Jersey show in August and they said it was likely the Stones would be returning to the US next summer to play more stadium shows in the cities they missed this summer: Atlanta, Detroit, Dallas, St. Louis, etc. That seems to be the plan as the rumors suggest but things could change.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-10-24 21:27 by TornAndFried.

Date: October 24, 2019 21:23

TornAndFried
I spoke with a couple of Stones tour crew members at the New Jersey show in August and they said it was likely they would be returning to the US next summer to play more stadium shows in the cities that they missed this summer: Atlanta, Detroit, Dallas, St. Louis, etc. At this point it seems that is the plan as the rumors suggest but it could change.

I would bet against St Louis. I say Dallas / Chicago / Minneapolis

Date: October 24, 2019 21:28

jumpontopofmebaby
TornAndFried
I spoke with a couple of Stones tour crew members at the New Jersey show in August and they said it was likely they would be returning to the US next summer to play more stadium shows in the cities that they missed this summer: Atlanta, Detroit, Dallas, St. Louis, etc. At this point it seems that is the plan as the rumors suggest but it could change.

They played 2 stadium shows in Chicago last summer so it's unlikely they would return there so soon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-10-24 23:50 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: October 24, 2019 21:52

I seriously doubt that the Stones are considering the travel difficulties of fans...or the cost of an arena ticket for that matter. It is not unreasonable to think that if they got the right kind of contract with MSG, they'd be stopping there! I want to know if $$ is the ONLY reason they stopped doing arenas altogether! It seems that way to me. I'll keep on petitioning them to reconsider! I'm certain I'm not alone in preferring the smaller venues for SO many reasons. And if they did book 7 shows at say MSG over a 16 day period, it would surely be easier logistically. Keith could stay at home in Westport and the band could camp at the Four Seasons. ( I'd be camped there too!) BV, is money their only motivation?

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: October 24, 2019 22:46

jumpontopofmebaby
TornAndFried

They haven't played in St. Louis since 2006 and, along with Austin/San Antonio combined is the biggest metro area they haven't played since then. Prior to '06 they did a PPV in '98 and hit it regularly. The dome is cheaply rented since the Rams left town. Also, home of Chuck Berry! They'll be here!

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: October 24, 2019 22:47

I believe bv has stated many times the motivation is to play to as many fans as possible, not (just) money.

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: October 24, 2019 22:48

They could easily lower ticket prices to the average prices of other stadium bands.

And seats on the floor are probably the worst thing ever for a concert.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-10-24 23:03 by WelshEdge1.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 25, 2019 00:02

WelshEdge1
They could easily lower ticket prices to the average prices of other stadium bands.

The prices really aren't that far off from the much lesser quality stadium acts imo. And with the Lucky Dips as well as many other moderately priced GA and other tickets, most fans can well afford the concert within their budget.

And while I prefer the Golden Circle, generally no one actually sits in their seats while the Stones are on. More like placeholders really, and for those that need a break occasionally during the mellower songs or want to easily get back to their spot it works well.

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: October 25, 2019 00:36

Pretty sure $500USD for a pit ticket at face value is insanity. For any band. The whole floor should be GA.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 25, 2019 00:39

MisterDDDD
WelshEdge1

The prices really aren't that far off from the much lesser quality stadium acts imo. And with the Lucky Dips as well as many other moderately priced GA and other tickets, most fans can well afford the concert within their budget.

And while I prefer the Golden Circle, generally no one actually sits in their seats while the Stones are on. More like placeholders really, and for those that need a break occasionally during the mellower songs or want to easily get back to their spot it works well.

Agree on all counts.
The main problem with prices seems to be the inflated Platinum ticket crap, the "flex pricing", and the insane fees added on. I don't think the Stones can be blamed for any of that (or maybe they can for some of it),
but as some other bands do, I think there are ways for them to ensure prices stay at face value - similar to the way the Lucky Dips are sold - buy tickets and show up with ID.
Might not be convenient though with 100,000 people buying tix and showing up at will call...imagine the chaos....

EDIT: Forgot to add, aside from the great PIT experiences I had at a couple of the recent shows, the next best thing was at the Rose Bowl where I had a reserved seat in section E ten rows behind PIT Ronnie's side. Everyone stood the entire time, and there was even a fight right in front of me (!) to add to the vibe, so it really wasn't much different than being in the PIT itself - though I did have my own little piece of real estate w/chair included.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-10-25 00:47 by Hairball.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: October 25, 2019 03:04

WelshEdge1

Worst thing? I don't know about that, sounds really good dead center on the floor.

Posted by: Kerryann ()
Date: October 25, 2019 03:39

daspyknows
WelshEdge1

Worst thing? I don't know about that, sounds really good dead center on the floor.

Having experienced the pit and seated floor, I way prefer the floor near the front simply because I find that standing in one place for 3-4 hours solid is too hard on the body these days, especially if they have a supporting act to stand through as well. Seats mean that I can stand for the duration of the concert, but relieve my feet and back by sitting for short stints during the show. As their fans age, many will find a 4 plus hour stand too painful to enjoy the concert.

Posted by: Kerryann ()
Date: October 25, 2019 03:47

TornAndFried
I spoke with a couple of tour crew members at the New Jersey show in August and they said it was likely the Stones would be returning to the US next summer to play more stadium shows in the cities they missed this summer: Atlanta, Detroit, Dallas, St. Louis, etc. That seems to be the plan as the rumors suggest but things could change.

Not worried about where they play this time as we have to travel every time they tour anyway. Just hope that they announce sooner rather than later so that those travelling long distances (New Zealand) can try to snag airline and hotel deals as they come up and plan work leave etc well in advance. It's bloody expensive as it is without having to pay premium prices for flights etc. Much rather spend the extra on good seats smileys with beer

Posted by: PalaisRoyale ()
Date: October 25, 2019 04:57

What NFL stadiums have been missed between Zipcode and the recent tour? LA has been mentioned but what markets will make up the 15-17 stops this time? Will baseball stadiums be put back into the mix?

Date: October 25, 2019 05:03

PalaisRoyale
What NFL stadiums have been missed between Zipcode and the recent tour? LA has been mentioned but what markets will make up the 15-17 stops this time? Will baseball stadiums be put back into the mix?

Next summer will be 5 years since Zip Code so they can hit those same markets they played on that and add a few more into the mix: St. Louis, Cleveland, Cinncinati, Las Vegas, Vancouver, Green Bay, etc..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-10-25 05:20 by TornAndFried.

Date: October 25, 2019 05:05

PalaisRoyale

No baseball stadiums. The stage is too large. Only football stadiums and festivals.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-10-25 05:18 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 25, 2019 08:00

Why do they tour? Why do they play live? Same reason why they played their first gig in 1962. They love it.

They do not need the money these days. Sure their family and grandchildren don't mind the money, or may be they will give some of the money to some philatropic case eventually. Who knows. Still. They tour and play live because they love the interaction with the crowds.

They sure care about all fans, you and me, those who travel, but mostly those who are local, but if they cared that much, they would never play at the Red Bull Ring in Zeltweg Austria, or Burls Creek Ontario, because it is torture of any fans to get to these places. Where to play is mostly up to the beancounters, those who sit with excel sheets and add up income and expences and multiply by venue cost and ticket cost and then have a bottom line figure, so much to the Stones, pre-paid, so much to the promoter and so on.

We all have these romantic dreams about the Stones playing at clubs, vintage arenas or other unique places. Sure they have a say, and sure they managed to play Waldbühne Berlin, Fonda Theatre LA and Havana Cuba, but for most of the time, these days, they pick the largest venues, to reach out to the largest numbers of fans, and to get paid equally, quite a lot.

Bjornulf

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: October 25, 2019 08:05

Noted

Posted by: rbp ()
Date: October 25, 2019 11:24

They will play wherever the money is. One thing you're guaranteed is the same old songs.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 25, 2019 12:09

rbp
They will play wherever the money is. One thing you're guaranteed is the same old songs.

Like they have done since 1962. That is why we love them.

Bjornulf

Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: October 25, 2019 12:21

… the same old songs, it`s the singer, not the song winking smiley

Posted by: PalaisRoyale ()
Date: October 25, 2019 12:51

TornAndFried
PalaisRoyale

Next summer will be 5 years since Zip Code so they can hit those same markets they played on that and add a few more into the mix: St. Louis, Cleveland, Cinncinati, Las Vegas, Vancouver, Green Bay, etc..

I guess to elaborate on why I mentioned baseball stadiums, the east is a huge market and they just played in New Jersey/ Philly/ Foxborough. As we all speculate and that is what keeps it interesting, will they try and go back into these types markets or lean towards college football stadiums? They do play in festivals but that will more then likely be only 1-2 times on a mini tour leg. The cities that have been mentioned where they have "missed" make up 5-6 stops.

Posted by: Stonesdude ()
Date: October 25, 2019 15:33

I don't have any connections to anyone, but I thought I would take a shot at a routing. Trying to keep it from going back and forth across the US, playing at some new places, some repeats from 2018, and a couple of outliers.

Here it is:
New Orleans - Jazz Fest
Miami (Orlando) For the South American Group
Atlanta
Nashville
NY - big enough market
Detroit
Cincinnati
Chicago - they like Chicago. From what we have all read
Minneapolis
Kansas City
Dallas
Denver (Salt Lake)
Portland
San Francisco
Las Vegas
Los Angeles
Honolulu

If they play Jazz Fest and play at the two new NFL stadiums in Las Vegas and Los Angeles, the tour would have to stretch out to 13 - 14 weeks. They would/could take a 1 -2 week break (2 weeks expensive due to crew) or add a couple of other cities.

I know this is 17 dates, more than we can expect. It is just the logistics of keeping a crew (and the expense) to play Jazz Fest and the two new stadiums.

I need six more cities to make it 50. So I know my minimum.

Stonesdude

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: October 25, 2019 15:57

Stonesdude
I don't have any connections to anyone, but I thought I would take a shot at a routing. Trying to keep it from going back and forth across the US, playing at some new places, some repeats from 2018, and a couple of outliers.

Here it is:
New Orleans - Jazz Fest
Miami (Orlando) For the South American Group
Atlanta
Nashville
NY - big enough market
Detroit
Cincinnati
Chicago - they like Chicago. From what we have all read
Minneapolis
Kansas City
Dallas
Denver (Salt Lake)
Portland
San Francisco
Las Vegas
Los Angeles
Honolulu

If they play Jazz Fest and play at the two new NFL stadiums in Las Vegas and Los Angeles, the tour would have to stretch out to 13 - 14 weeks. They would/could take a 1 -2 week break (2 weeks expensive due to crew) or add a couple of other cities.

I know this is 17 dates, more than we can expect. It is just the logistics of keeping a crew (and the expense) to play Jazz Fest and the two new stadiums.

I need six more cities to make it 50. So I know my minimum.

Stonesdude

Don’t see Chicago happening. The reason Chicago got 2 last time was it was the only Midwest dates similar to 2013.

Don’t see how they play those Midwest markets listed above and Chicago.

Date: October 25, 2019 16:11

Send It To me
jumpontopofmebaby
TornAndFried

They haven't played in St. Louis since 2006 and, along with Austin/San Antonio combined is the biggest metro area they haven't played since then. Prior to '06 they did a PPV in '98 and hit it regularly. The dome is cheaply rented since the Rams left town. Also, home of Chuck Berry! They'll be here!

St Louis would be great for me it is close to home! And the stadium has a roof. I just think they will do Chicago instead. But what do I know.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: October 25, 2019 17:47

Still bummed Zip Code was marketed basically as "we're touring Sticky Fingers" and they did nothing of the sort. Ah well, I saw two shows that summer and had fun.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-10-25 17:47 by Send It To me.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: October 25, 2019 18:38

rbp

Just curious. If you have an issue with that, why are you here?

Posted by: dougingb ()
Date: October 25, 2019 19:03

Here's hoping Lambeau Field in Green Bay, WI gets a show!!!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 84

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1670
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home