Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 84
Re: No Filter Tour 2020
Posted by: StonedAsiaExile ()
Date: October 16, 2019 10:11

podiumboy
Possible US leg, taking into account cities that got shows in 2019, and to a lesser extent, 2015.

Minneapolis- US Bank Stadium
St. Louis
Cleveland or Cincinnati
Detroit
NYC- 1 show
Baltimore
Charlotte
Atlanta
Texas (Austin or Dallas)
San Diego
Las Vegas
LA - new Stadium
Salt Lake City

Vancouver
Edmonton
Winnipeg
Montreal
(I know Canadian shows generate less money, typically, but these are cities they haven't hit in a long time).

Charlotte and Chapel Hill at Kenan Stadium. That said, Kenan would be extremely difficult to get 50 odd trucks in.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: October 16, 2019 11:18

Imagine If they would play the Cleveland Blossom!! But they would probably go with the baseball or football stadium.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 16, 2019 11:38

The "No Filter" stage concept works perfectly. They took it to Europe in 2017 and 2018. Then they changed the B-stage act slightly, to do a two songs acoustic "no rain set" in the US Tour 2019. I will assume they keep the same stage for 2020. Never change a winning team.

Bjornulf

Date: October 16, 2019 11:51

I did some planning for my tour travels for the rumoured tour of Asia & Pacific 2020. My travels would be the same as the Stones would need to do, going to every show. In short, it would be some 45,000 miles of flying, 5 long flights lasting for 8-14 hours non-stop, total of 85 hours or so in the air to do some 14 shows. I am prepared to do that, and I am sure the Stones were prepared to do it, but anyone who has been flying 12-14 hours non-stop flights do know that it is not really fun, not on tourist class, not even on first class.

During the US Tour 2019 they ended up with too much zig-zag from the US South East and up to the North East, total of three times up and down, typically flights of six flights of 3-5 hours each, the rest was just 1-2 hours. The original schedule, i.e. a normal North America schedule, would not really have that many long distance flights.

Even if the crowd capacity and economy of a tour is the most important part, once decided on a certain market, I am sure that extra long travels and complex logistics are important key factors to avoid. They were pretty worn out when they did the SarsStock show, flying to Toronto for a week, doing one show, in the middle of the European tour 2003, and the more travel, the more rest time they need, and the more cost they will add to the tour budget.

Bjornulf

Posted by: thomas guitar ()
Date: October 16, 2019 13:47

bv
I did some planning for my tour travels for the rumoured tour of Asia & Pacific 2020. My travels would be the same as the Stones would need to do, going to every show. In short, it would be some 45,000 miles of flying, 5 long flights lasting for 8-14 hours non-stop, total of 85 hours or so in the air to do some 14 shows. I am prepared to do that, and I am sure the Stones were prepared to do it, but anyone who has been flying 12-14 hours non-stop flights do know that it is not really fun, not on tourist class, not even on first class.

During the US Tour 2019 they ended up with too much zig-zag from the US South East and up to the North East, total of three times up and down, typically flights of six flights of 3-5 hours each, the rest was just 1-2 hours. The original schedule, i.e. a normal North America schedule, would not really have that many long distance flights.

Even if the crowd capacity and economy of a tour is the most important part, once decided on a certain market, I am sure that extra long travels and complex logistics are important key factors to avoid. They were pretty worn out when they did the SarsStock show, flying to Toronto for a week, doing one show, in the middle of the European tour 2003, and the more travel, the more rest time they need, and the more cost they will add to the tour budget.

I think that's the main reason. We may see the Stones playing live only in the US and Europe

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: October 16, 2019 14:38

BV, is London still on the cards or has that dropped off?

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: October 16, 2019 15:37

Any chance to get one Mexico show?

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: October 16, 2019 16:48

JumpingKentFlash
Explain to me one thing. Why haven’t they done MSG since 2006? It’s some sort of promotor debacle iirc. Wasn’t it Live Nation having exclusive rights to concerts in MSG, and the Stones using AEG?

Yep. Dead on. AEG can and does make the occasional deal with LiveNation, but they are run by AEG. 2006 was around the time that they went from Michael Cohl to AEG I believe.

When and where they play is really all chosen by computer programs. Programs that know how much disposable income concert-goers have, what they drive, where they live. It's just like any other company that buys this information, analyzes it, looks at which stadiums are available at which dates, and then plans a tour. There is much less human decision-making involved than the fans know.

Posted by: 1985jayer ()
Date: October 16, 2019 17:28

if the usa gets another tour. i would expect them to play Michigan Stadium in Ann Arbor, it holds around 106,000 and could easily be the biggest show next tour. remember that some college stadiums are much larger then pro football ones. fingers crossed for more shows next year....

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: October 16, 2019 22:31

1985jayer
if the usa gets another tour. i would expect them to play Michigan Stadium in Ann Arbor, it holds around 106,000 and could easily be the biggest show next tour. remember that some college stadiums are much larger then pro football ones. fingers crossed for more shows next year....

Would there be enough demand though?

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: October 17, 2019 03:03

Chase Center San Francisco please!

Posted by: Stonesdude ()
Date: October 17, 2019 04:01

thomas guitar
bv

I think that's the main reason. We may see the Stones playing live only in the US and Europe

This makes sense. But I think you could consider South America in this too. One long flight to and from with flights in the continent like traveling across the US. So maybe US in 20. SA in 21. (With a special show at Royal Albert hall for 150 years anniversary and then 22 in Europe to finish.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 17, 2019 04:36

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: October 17, 2019 05:04

SoFi!!!

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: October 17, 2019 05:17

bv
The "No Filter" stage concept works perfectly. They took it to Europe in 2017 and 2018. Then they changed the B-stage act slightly, to do a two songs acoustic "no rain set" in the US Tour 2019. I will assume they keep the same stage for 2020. Never change a winning team.

Kind Sir ... The stage is three years old now ... by that time it will be four years old (and 3 legs) old by then.

All that and a New Album + New Tour = New Stage design next year.

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: October 17, 2019 05:28

IanBillen
bv

Kind Sir ... The stage is three years old now ... by that time it will be four years old (and 3 legs) old by then.

All that and a New Album + New Tour = New Stage design next year.

It's only 45 shows though. Quite a low number.

Date: October 17, 2019 05:53

IanBillen
New Album + New Tour = New Stage design next year

smiling smiley

Gotta hand it to you Ian for keeping the faith regarding a new album, but this is not fantasy land.
Even if there is a new album prior to any future shows, unless they tour arenas (highly doubtful) chances are almost ZERO there will be a new stage.

Perhaps you missed this?

bv

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 17, 2019 06:23

Hairball
IanBillen

smiling smiley

Gotta hand it to you Ian for keeping the faith regarding a new album, but this is not fantasy land.
Even if there is a new album prior to any future shows, unless they tour arenas (highly doubtful) chances are almost ZERO there will be a new stage.

Perhaps you missed this?

bv

I think even if they play arenas we'd see the same stage as they made it adaptable for them. Don't want to dig out the link, but it seems they were thinking long term and versatile for this stage.

A new album would be nice..cool smiley If another US/NA tour is accurate, would work nicely for press etc. to help fill what will likely be stadiums.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: October 17, 2019 07:28

MisterDDDD
Hairball
IanBillen

smiling smiley

Perhaps you missed this?

bv

I think even if they play arenas we'd see the same stage as they made it adaptable for them. Don't want to dig out the link, but it seems they were thinking long term and versatile for this stage.

A new album would be nice..cool smiley If another US/NA tour is accurate, would work nicely for press etc. to help fill what will likely be stadiums.

This stage does not fit in a basketball/hockey Arena. They only used it in Football stadiums with a roof.

Date: October 17, 2019 07:37

hockenheim95
MisterDDDD
Hairball
IanBillen

smiling smiley

Perhaps you missed this?

bv

This stage does not fit in a basketball/hockey Arena. They only used it in Football stadiums with a roof.

I think MisterDDDD is right though as there was a article stating a way to scale down the giant screens and reduce the stage size itself for arenas.
Similar to what Roger Waters did his The Wall tour, only he did it in reverse going from arenas to massive stadiums.
Will they decide to scale down and play arenas instead of massive stadiums? Would be great, but highly doubt it.

Date: October 17, 2019 08:30

WelshEdge1
1985jayer

Would there be enough demand though?

Yes.

Bjornulf

Date: October 17, 2019 08:33

IanBillen
bv

So what? The band is 57 years old next year. The US did not see the No Filter stage until 2019. The Rolling Stones are environmental friendly, relatively. No need to waste this stage and build a new one. It is the band on stage that matters, not the colours and decorations of the stage.

Bjornulf

Date: October 17, 2019 09:20

bv
IanBillen
bv

So what? The band is 57 years old next year. The US did not see the No Filter stage until 2019. The Rolling Stones are environmental friendly, relatively. No need to waste this stage and build a new one. It is the band on stage that matters, not the colours and decorations of the stage.

Perhaps you will be correct. Time will tell us. Until then .. Keep the faith for a new album.

ITB

Date: October 17, 2019 09:21

Hairball
IanBillen

smiling smiley

Perhaps you missed this?

bv

Didn't miss it ... note he said 'assume'. Time will tell Sa!

smileys with beer

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: October 17, 2019 10:07

Same market + same set list = Boring

Posted by: micawber ()
Date: October 17, 2019 10:14

We should be thankful for every gig they (can) do.
I can't stand the forever-setlist-moaners and sh*% like that.

Nobody must buy tickets and go to the gigs, if he don't want to.
So mustn't you. But keep this to yourself, and keep us away from your frustrations of life. Thank you.

Nobody knows about the setlists 2020, not even themselves, I'm sure.
Maybe there'll be a new album? Who knows?

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: October 17, 2019 11:15

If you look at the set lists over the last few tours you might be able to see a pattern Micawber.Failing that get someone of a reasonable intellect to explain it to you.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: October 17, 2019 13:57

stargroover

Same market + same set list = Boring...then don't go. Why must people like you attempt to be such a buzz kill?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-10-17 14:10 by steffialicia.

Date: October 17, 2019 14:13

stargroover

Sorry you don't have the passion for The Stones anymore.

Bjornulf

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 17, 2019 16:00

Hairball
I think MisterDDDD is right though as there was a article stating a way to scale down the giant screens and reduce the stage size itself for arenas.
Similar to what Roger Waters did his The Wall tour, only he did it in reverse going from arenas to massive stadiums.
Will they decide to scale down and play arenas instead of massive stadiums? Would be great, but highly doubt it.

Stufish Entertainment Architects who designed the No Filter stage also designed Roger Waters Wall stage...
[www.stufish.com]

There was a more detailed article showing how it could be adapted for smaller indoor spaces that they either changed or I can't find. Interesting in some other earlier articles about the stage design they also talk about a "b" stage aspect to it, long before we saw the b stage debut in NA, so maybe we'll see the stage adapted for smaller venues..

"These are 6 metres long by 2.5 wide in the largest format and can be broken down in 2 x 2.5 metre sections to accommodate variable stage spaces they might encounter on the indoor shows "
[www.wicreations.com]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 84

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1855
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home