Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 84
Re: No Filter Tour 2020
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 14, 2019 21:44

MisterDDDD
DandelionPowderman
This can only mean that they plan to tour the new album in the US first, surely?

Excellent point Dandy..
It would seem highly likely that would be the case spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Tour the new album? What new album?!!!! You guys are putting the cart before the horse!

Be prepared for a continuation of the standard NoFilter shows (which were great), but if there is a new album I'll jump for joy - even though they'd probably only play one or two tunes from it.

Date: October 14, 2019 21:49

Dan
jumpontopofmebaby
In Kansas City on the Zip Code Tour there were Thousands of tickets available a few days before the show. Floor seats a few rows back were like cheeeeeaaaaaap.

I don't think KC would be an option this time around.

They can do a few repeat markets too.

LA new stadium is already booking acts - Kenny Chesney and Taylor Swift. As of now the stadium is it's own draw and also the Rose Bowl didn't quite satisfy demand and I thought it was odd NJ and Chicago got 2 but LA only got 1.

Also the new Las Vegas stadium is going to be finished on 7/31. This would make a great opening.

NYC could get more.

Then a few in Canada.

Might even be able to swing Mexico into the NA leg this time.

Eastern Canada (Halifax or Moncton or Quebec City)
Hartford, CT or State College, PA (huge stadium, wanted Stones in 2015)
NYC x 2 (Maybe the other stadium)
southern show (Charlotte/Atlanta/SC)
midwest (Detroit/ST Louis maybe even Notre Dame stadium)
a few more in Canada (Winnipeg, Regina, Edmonton, Vancouver)
LA
Las Vegas
Dallas
Mexico City x 2

Dallas was a hard ticket to get for the Zip Code Tour. I am sure it would be the same next time around.

It has been a long time since they were in the State of Oklahoma. I think there are several college stadiums that would work OU and OSU are big and they have played the OU stadium before.

Date: October 14, 2019 21:49

WelshEdge1
Rollin92
MisterDDDD
artedm
USA makes very easy logistically.
With 32 NFL football teams and 31 stadiums (NY teams share) going down to 30 next year (Los Angeles teams will share) (guessing they do not play la stadium) and taking out the 13 stadiums toured this year you have 16 possible + Jazz Fest makes 17

kansas city
dallas
charlotte, nc
cleveland
cincinnatti
detriot
pittsburgh
green bay wisconsin
indianapolis
baltimore
atlanta
buffalo ny
nashville, tennesse
tampa
minneapolis
Las Vegas
+ Jazz Fest

+ Vancouver
+ Edmonton
+ Ottowa
+ Toronto
+ Montreal

+London

Fingers crossed for London still grinning smiley

No list is complete without Los Angeles (or somewhere in SoCal) - San Diego would be a nice option.
The Rose Bowl show was probably the best seller of all the recent NoFilter shows, so no doubt the demand is here!

Date: October 14, 2019 21:52

This is very exciting news / rumor!!!!!!

SHHHHAAAAAAADDDDDDOOOOOOOOOBBBBBBIIIIIEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: October 14, 2019 21:53

Hairball
WelshEdge1
Rollin92
MisterDDDD
artedm
USA makes very easy logistically.
With 32 NFL football teams and 31 stadiums (NY teams share) going down to 30 next year (Los Angeles teams will share) (guessing they do not play la stadium) and taking out the 13 stadiums toured this year you have 16 possible + Jazz Fest makes 17

kansas city
dallas
charlotte, nc
cleveland
cincinnatti
detriot
pittsburgh
green bay wisconsin
indianapolis
baltimore
atlanta
buffalo ny
nashville, tennesse
tampa
minneapolis
Las Vegas
+ Jazz Fest

+ Vancouver
+ Edmonton
+ Ottowa
+ Toronto
+ Montreal

+London

Fingers crossed for London still grinning smiley

No list is complete without Los Angeles (or somewhere in SoCal) - San Diego would be a nice option.
The Rose Bowl show was probably the best seller of all the recent NoFilter shows, so no doubt the demand is here!

I think they would probably play some of the major markets again, only one show each, however. NY/LA, etc.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 14, 2019 22:05

Nate

I was at the premiere of Ronnie Woods documentary in London on Saturday night and whilst there I did hear the same rumours about possibly returning to the states next year instead of Asia and Australia the reason given was the lack of big enough stadiums and the fact that they pulled in 20 million each from this years tour.

20 million each .... that's the real reason. grinning smiley

The lack of big enough stadiums (Asia, Oceania) could be right: while the US-Tour 2019 had average 50,000 seats - [iorr.org] - the Australian venues (except Adelaide) were in 2014 with average 15,000 seats rather small. Even for the (twice cancelled) 'Hanging Rock' Festival site were only 20,000 seats planned. Macau, Shanghai and Singapore had in 2014 combined only 26,000 seats - [iorr.org] .

Date: October 14, 2019 22:12

If this rumour holds true, looking forward to some new and improved lithos.
While some were decent, many were substandard.

Posted by: Stonesdude ()
Date: October 14, 2019 22:36

The LA and Vegas stadiums are due to be completed by next July. Both would certainly want a Stones show.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: October 14, 2019 22:40

keefmick
Anybody here hoping for London?

Me. I live 80 miles West and most gigs I go to are there. I'd still be open to another US trip next year as well though (did Chicago 1 after planning Foxboro & 2 X NJ before the postponement).

If they do the US again and finish up with 2 London shows then I'd say it's a fair bet that this is it unfortunately.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-10-14 22:54 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: October 14, 2019 22:46

Irix
Nate

I was at the premiere of Ronnie Woods documentary in London on Saturday night and whilst there I did hear the same rumours about possibly returning to the states next year instead of Asia and Australia the reason given was the lack of big enough stadiums and the fact that they pulled in 20 million each from this years tour.

The lack of big enough stadiums (Asia, Oceania) could be right: while the US-Tour 2019 had average 50,000 seats - [iorr.org] - the Australian venues (except Adelaide) were in 2014 with average 15,000 seats rather small. Even for the (twice cancelled) 'Hanging Rock' Festival site were only 20,000 seats planned. Macau, Shanghai and Singapore had in 2014 combined only 26,000 seats - [iorr.org] .

New Zealand (36.000) and Japan (3x 49.000) weren't bad at all. If they would do 5 shows in Japan, they can also live happily ever after grinning smiley
Adding a "first time ever" visit to South Korea could be attractive too.

Ah, and that's all for Springtime. With a relaxed Summer holiday in between, they could then reserve Autumn for North America again. I would drink to that smileys with beer

Date: October 14, 2019 22:56

georgie48
Irix
Nate

New Zealand (36.000) and Japan (3x 49.000) weren't bad at all. If they would do 5 shows in Japan, they can also live happily ever after grinning smiley
Adding a "first time ever" visit to South Korea could be attractive too.

Ah, and that's all for Springtime. With a relaxed Summer holiday in between, they could then reserve Autumn for North America again. I would drink to that smileys with beer

It's a long time since they toured twice the same year so I would have thought that unlikely.

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: October 14, 2019 23:04

gregorz67--I wouldn't read anything into where they go. In my view they will never announce "this is it" and won't stop until they have to due to death or infirmity. And that will just happen naturally unfortunately, as opposed to them saying "this is it". I don't think they will ever say that.

Date: October 14, 2019 23:33

keefmick
gregorz67--I wouldn't read anything into where they go. In my view they will never announce "this is it" and won't stop until they have to due to death or infirmity. And that will just happen naturally unfortunately, as opposed to them saying "this is it". I don't think they will ever say that.

I agree that they'll never actually say "This is it". They never have. The Who on the other hand.... winking smiley

But I do think they'll want to end it in London so finishing there after a tour mostly elsewhere gives them that option as an 'insurance' so to speak.

Date: October 14, 2019 23:55

Hairball
MisterDDDD
DandelionPowderman
This can only mean that they plan to tour the new album in the US first, surely?

Excellent point Dandy..
It would seem highly likely that would be the case spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Tour the new album? What new album?!!!! You guys are putting the cart before the horse!

Be prepared for a continuation of the standard NoFilter shows (which were great), but if there is a new album I'll jump for joy - even though they'd probably only play one or two tunes from it.

This will be another No Filter leg?
On the start of the No Filter 2019 Tour Ronnie had an interview and he mentioned about a new album and a new tour
[www.foxnews.com]

“We are at our peak health-wise when we’re playing together. Charlie, visibly perks up when we start playing together, he physically looks and feels better, we all do.

“It’s like a medicine. We don’t like to stop working. All being well, there’ll be a new album and a new tour.

“It will be great — but let’s get this one over with first.”

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-10-15 01:11 by DiegoGlimmerStones.

Date: October 14, 2019 23:56

grzegorz67
keefmick

I agree that they'll never actually say "This is it". They never have. The Who on the other hand.... winking smiley

But I do think they'll want to end it in London so finishing there after a tour mostly elsewhere gives them that option as an 'insurance' so to speak.

If I remember right I saw The Who's fair well tour at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas like in 1983!

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: October 15, 2019 02:15

jumpontopofmebaby
In Kansas City on the Zip Code Tour there were Thousands of tickets available a few days before the show. Floor seats a few rows back were like cheeeeeaaaaaap.

Maybe so, but I was there and the stadium was totally full at show time. Hoping they go to the east side the state this time tho for Chuck's home town.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 15, 2019 03:12

TKinOH
This morning on my way to work at 0555 EDT, the woman on Sirius Classic Vinyl said she's hearing rumblings of The Stones returning to the New Orleans Jazz Festival...

Perhaps some of our fellow IORRians also heard this on an early commute?

Those rumblings are probably about how the Stones were supposed to play and now The Who... British... old... health.

Date: October 15, 2019 03:15

Send It To me
jumpontopofmebaby

Maybe so, but I was there and the stadium was totally full at show time. Hoping they go to the east side the state this time tho for Chuck's home town.

I was there had lower level side seats. Very good section. Got my son some lucky dips he was one section over. My company had a box. I visited all locations and there were lots of empty seats. All over

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 15, 2019 03:16

artedm
Jazz fest would be start May 3rd

Jazz Fest will be 8 days again next year... and it will start the last Thursday in April.

If NOJF were to land The Who and The Rolling Stones... good grief, it really will be an obvious sign.

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: October 15, 2019 04:01

Hope they go back to buffalo. Had a great time there...

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: October 15, 2019 04:05

actually i dont care where they go as long as they come back il be there.

Posted by: PalaisRoyale ()
Date: October 15, 2019 04:10

Just letting my turkey dinner settle and I came across the North America news. This is excellent news. Another round of the States and Canada! Bring on the new album!

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: October 15, 2019 05:12

Irix

It's a shame if this is the reason. And erroneous. They played a few ARENAS in Australia last time round....But here are some STADIUMS in OZ

ANZ Stadium Sydney . 83500 capacity
Perth Optus Stadium - 60000 capacity
Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane - can do 60000
Adelaide Oval can only do - 53000
but the
MCG in Melbourne - a lazy 100,000 capacity

THEY DON'T HAVE to play in Singapore, Macau and Shanghai - Nor Arenas in Australia, WE DO HAVE LARGE stadiums in Australia - they're not exclusive to the US you know.

We even have - uh hum - electricity! I HAD to answer that serious question from someone from Nashville only 5 years ago who could not understand how we could host The Stones in 2014 because of this problem and seemed staggered we actually did have electricity! But then he also thought Australia was just south of England...

Rod

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2019-10-15 10:52 by bitusa2012.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: October 15, 2019 07:04

I hate to be a naysayer, but I just wonder if their stadium-filling days are getting very close to the end. Like a 2020 North American tour where something like 1/3 of the stadium shows are quite full and 2/3 of them are one-half to two-thirds full. If that happened then presumably the gross profit for the tour would decrease considerably.

I saw the 2013 Stones and I have had my fill. My first show was in 1975. I don't feel the "concert excitement" any more and haven't for a long time and I am not going to spend 400 to 600 dollars for a show.

Sorry, I know many of you are excited and willing to travel across the world to see them. It's just not me and I wonder how many old school fans feel like me now and if the sheen will have worn off for the under-30 crowd also. Face it, a 16-year-old girl wants to go see Katy Perry or Beyonce, not the Rolling Stones.

I think they may have truly sold out all of their shows in '81, the return of the powerhouse!!!

Date: October 15, 2019 07:21

Don't mind me saying it MileHigh, but you missed out on some great shows this last leg of the NoFilter Tour.
I also used to be a naysayer after the exceptional 2013/Mick Taylor shows, and the Zip Code, Desert Trip, and *Vegas '16 shows were no doubt a step backwards, but thankfully they proved me wrong during the last tour.
The Stones will continue to be a big draw until the day they stop, and it helps that they're putting on the best shows since the Licks tour (2013/Mick Taylor shows being the exception).

But as I mentioned to someone else in the midst of the tour, you can lead a horse to but you can't make them drink it.
I'm of the opinion though that if that's their choice, they're missing out big time. Stones 2020 USA has a nice ring to it, and from one fan to another (and to quote a Dylan tour poster): "Don't you dare miss it"!smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-10-15 07:22 by Hairball.

Posted by: winos ()
Date: October 15, 2019 07:39

Yes I'm very surprised about the claim of lack of large stadiums in Asia/Australia given that Sth Korea & Japan have hosted world cup soccer matches and Japan is hosting the 2020 Olympic games.

As Rod had pointed out we have plenty of large stadiums here in Oz, funny I explained to a guy from Indiana when I was at the Chicago #2 gig this year that my city of Melbourne has 5 million people with a stadium (MCG) that holds 100,000. It's bigger than Houston he was very surprised!

I think that it's a more a lack of stadium availability here. Last tours they've done to Australia have mainly been arena shows apart from Adelaide and a winery in NSW in 2014 & Sydney in 2006 the other gigs were indoors.

My thinking is that the US promoters have offered more $$$$ for the Stones to do another swing through the US - less production and transport costs closer to home for Keith & Charlie where they don't have to travel so far.

pool's in but the patio ain't dry

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: October 15, 2019 07:49

Explain to me one thing. Why haven’t they done MSG since 2006? It’s some sort of promotor debacle iirc. Wasn’t it Live Nation having exclusive rights to concerts in MSG, and the Stones using AEG?

JumpingKentFlash

Date: October 15, 2019 07:54

There were some not-so-subtle rumours of MSG from an insider prior to any stadium commitments for the North American No Filter tour, so maybe something will happen there in 2020.

Date: October 15, 2019 10:35

bitusa2012
Irix

It's a shame if this is the reason. And erroneous. They played a few ARENAS in Australia last time round....But here are some STADIUMS in OZ

ANZ Stadium Sydney . 83500 capacity
Perth Optus Stadium - 60000 capacity
Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane - can do 60000
Adelaide Oval can only do - 53000
but the
MCG in Melbourne - a lazy 100,000 capacity

THEY DON'T HAVE to play in Singapore, Macau and Shanghai - Nor Arenas in Australia, WE DO HAVE LARGE stadiums in Australia - they're not exclusive to the US you know.

We even have - uh hum - electricity! I HAD to answer that serious question from someone from Nashville only 5 years ago who could not understand how we could host The Stones in 2014 because of this problem and seemed staggered we actually did have electricity! But then he also though Australia was just south of England...

grinning smiley

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 15, 2019 11:05

bitusa2012

Yes, you're right - but why haven't the Stones played them in 2014 in Australia (except Adelaide) while they played large '50,000' venues in Europe 2014 - [iorr.org] ?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 84

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1639
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home