Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 84
Re: No Filter Tour 2020
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 14, 2019 15:42

Yes, right around US Thanksgiving.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 14, 2019 16:03

The Zip Code tour wasn't announced until spring 2015, just two months before tour start.

IORR News 2015:

Mar 31: The Rolling Stones "ZIP CODE" Tour of North America 2015 confirmed:
The Rolling Stones are confirming their "ZIP CODE" tour of North America in a press release at 8:30AM EST (East Coast NYC time) this morning.

The tour started with Fonda May 20, San Diego May 24, less than two months after tour announcement.

The No Filter Tour 2018 of UK/Europe was announced Feb 26, and it started May 17.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-10-14 16:08 by bv.

Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: October 14, 2019 16:28

It could be posturing by the band.
(Or their promoters)
If they are putting out feelers for the highest bidder?
Being in Canada, I'm hoping for another US tour.
Keith might not want to be far from home during a tour next year.
The 4 day breaks in between shows would allow him to be in Connecticut more often.
It could be plain logistics, as well. If they come to America, the band doesn't have to deal with crossing multiple borders and different tax laws.

This also could be the tour where they set up residence in 3 or 4 cities and do multiple shows in NYC, Chicago, and LA. A 4th location could be Atlanta to allow southeast residents to see the band.
The band can do whatever they want at this point in their career.
While I feel badly for the other spots being considered, I won't be disappointed with an other US tour.
No Filter 2019 was a blast.

Date: October 14, 2019 16:36

bv
The Zip Code tour wasn't announced until spring 2015, just two months before tour start.

IORR News 2015:

The Rolling Stones are confirming their "ZIP CODE" tour of North America in a press release at 8:30AM EST (East Coast NYC time) this morning.

The tour started with Fonda May 20, San Diego May 24, less than two months after tour announcement.

The No Filter Tour 2018 of UK/Europe was announced Feb 26, and it started May 17.

By announcing in November they get the Xmas business and gives them a lot more time to sell the higher priced tickets. And allows Ticketmaster more time to play the ticket price games. The earlier they announce the more overpriced tickets get sold

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: October 14, 2019 16:42

babyblue
schwonek
babyblue
Hmmm wonder what happened to Oz shows etc.

Maybe they were just betting. And the US offered more money.

Maybe they could include a few Canadian cities.

Vancouver! BC Place looks like a cool stadium.

Posted by: 1985jayer ()
Date: October 14, 2019 16:44

they will not announce tour dates before xmas. Two words. Cancellation Insurance

jumpontopofmebaby
bv

IORR News 2015:

By announcing in November they get the Xmas business and gives them a lot more time to sell the higher priced tickets. And allows Ticketmaster more time to play the ticket price games. The earlier they announce the more overpriced tickets get sold

Date: October 14, 2019 17:00

I feel they announced No Filter 2019 way too early. November 2018 - April 2019 was a big gap.

And then there was the postponement.

So if I can afford to go, I won't be booking travel until after the tour starts.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-10-14 18:04 by WelshEdge1.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: October 14, 2019 17:39

All the zip code cities back on the table, as well as NY, SF, LA, CHI, BOS are always possibilities. Cities that haven't seen the Stones since Bang or earlier:
St. Louis, Austin/San Antonio, Portland, Sacramento, Salt Lake City, Vancouver, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Birmingham, Tampa, Memphis...

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: October 14, 2019 18:00

Send It To me
All the zip code cities back on the table, as well as NY, SF, LA, CHI, BOS are always possibilities. Cities that haven't seen the Stones since Bang or earlier:
St. Louis, Austin/San Antonio, Portland, Sacramento, Salt Lake City, Vancouver, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Birmingham, Tampa, Memphis...

Seems a good shout. All depends on who's made offers and is confident of their show selling well. The North East got 2 shows in 2015 - in relatively remote Buffalo & Pittsburgh so clearly there was huge pent up demand in the region for this year. I'd be very surprised if they got 5 shows again just a year later.

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: October 14, 2019 18:11

USA makes very easy logistically.
With 32 NFL football teams and 31 stadiums (NY teams share) going down to 30 next year (Los Angeles teams will share) (guessing they do not play la stadium) and taking out the 13 stadiums toured this year you have 16 possible + Jazz Fest makes 17

+ Jazz Fest May 3rd
kansas city
dallas
charlotte, nc
cleveland
cincinnatti
detriot
pittsburgh
green bay wisconsin
indianapolis
baltimore
atlanta
buffalo ny
nashville, tennesse
tampa
minneapolis
Las Vegas August 1

Jazz fest would be start May 3rd
Las Vegas Stadium August 1

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-10-14 18:39 by artedm.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 14, 2019 18:20

artedm
With 32 NFL football teams and 31 stadiums (NY teams share) going down to 30 next year (Los Angeles teams will share) (guessing they do not play la stadium) and taking out the 13 stadiums toured this year you have 16 possible + Jazz Fest makes 17

kansas city
dallas
charlotte, nc
cleveland
cincinnatti
detriot
pittsburgh
green bay wisconsin
indianapolis
baltimore
atlanta
buffalo ny
nashville, tennesse
tampa
minneapolis
Las Vegas
+ Jazz Fest

+ Vancouver
+ Edmonton
+ Ottowa
+ Toronto
+ Montreal

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: October 14, 2019 18:24

MisterDDDD
artedm

kansas city
dallas
charlotte, nc
cleveland
cincinnatti
detriot
pittsburgh
green bay wisconsin
indianapolis
baltimore
atlanta
buffalo ny
nashville, tennesse
tampa
minneapolis
Las Vegas
+ Jazz Fest

+ Vancouver
+ Edmonton
+ Ottowa
+ Toronto
+ Montreal

+London

Posted by: fanch ()
Date: October 14, 2019 18:25

+ Québec plaines d'Abraham

That will be a very good idea !

Date: October 14, 2019 18:27

Rollin92
MisterDDDD
artedm

kansas city
dallas
charlotte, nc
cleveland
cincinnatti
detriot
pittsburgh
green bay wisconsin
indianapolis
baltimore
atlanta
buffalo ny
nashville, tennesse
tampa
minneapolis
Las Vegas
+ Jazz Fest

+ Vancouver
+ Edmonton
+ Ottowa
+ Toronto
+ Montreal

+London

Fingers crossed for London still grinning smiley

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: October 14, 2019 18:36

Anybody here hoping for London?

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: October 14, 2019 18:37

Wow can't believe this coming back to USA. It's good but I feel bad for Oz fans etc.In Canada they should do these cities as most of country was bypassed ,
.Vancouver
Calgary
Regina
Winnipeg
Victoria
Moncton

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: October 14, 2019 18:38

babyblue
Wow can't believe this coming back to USA. It's good but I feel bad for Oz fans etc.In Canada they should do these cities as most of country was bypassed ,
.Vancouver
Calgary
Regina
Winnipeg
Victoria
Moncton

Don't get ahead of yourself. It's far from confirmed and won't be for a while even if it is!

Date: October 14, 2019 19:12

Dont worry ,I know I can dream.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-10-14 19:36 by babyblue.

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: October 14, 2019 19:21

I hope they tour the US again!

Date: October 14, 2019 19:35

Delete

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-10-14 19:37 by babyblue.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: October 14, 2019 20:02

This will be the tour Alaska finally gets a visit, I can feel it, we don't have a large stadium (Elton John, KISS, James Brown and others have played Sullivan Arena) so maybe an outdoor show on a glacier and everyone snow machines in smiling smiley

Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: October 14, 2019 20:06

babyblue
.Vancouver
Calgary
Regina
Winnipeg
Victoria
Moncton

A high percentage of Canadian live within two hours of the US border. The tax laws and going through customs into Canada and then back to America make for logistics challenges.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: October 14, 2019 20:10

keefmick

Yes very much so now.
I was planning to go to Asia and Australia if it happened.I missed out this year and I will again next year if they tour the states as I am on a lifetime ban from entering the USA.I live on the outskirts of London so a London show is always great.
I was at the premiere of Ronnie Woods documentary in London on Saturday night and whilst there I did hear the same rumours about possibly returning to the states next year instead of Asia and Australia the reason given was the lack of big enough stadiums and the fact that they pulled in 20 million each from this years tour.
If they tour the states again I’m sure it will be a great and successful tour.
I will spend next year travelling elsewhere and seeing if I can get myself banned from some other countries >grinning smiley<>grinning smiley<>grinning smiley<

Nate

Date: October 14, 2019 20:55

Nate
keefmick

Yes very much so now.
I was planning to go to Asia and Australia if it happened.I missed out this year and I will again next year if they tour the states as I am on a lifetime ban from entering the USA.I live on the outskirts of London so a London show is always great.
I was at the premiere of Ronnie Woods documentary in London on Saturday night and whilst there I did hear the same rumours about possibly returning to the states next year instead of Asia and Australia the reason given was the lack of big enough stadiums and the fact that they pulled in 20 million each from this years tour.
If they tour the states again I’m sure it will be a great and successful tour.
I will spend next year travelling elsewhere and seeing if I can get myself banned from some other countries >grinning smiley<>grinning smiley<>grinning smiley<

Nate

I am also hoping for London but otherwise I'll have to use some air miles maybe.

Date: October 14, 2019 21:12

In Kansas City on the Zip Code Tour there were Thousands of tickets available a few days before the show. Floor seats a few rows back were like cheeeeeaaaaaap.

I don't think KC would be an option this time around.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-10-14 21:14 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: October 14, 2019 21:22

jumpontopofmebaby
In Kansas City on the Zip Code Tour there were Thousands of tickets available a few days before the show. Floor seats a few rows back were like cheeeeeaaaaaap.

They can do a few repeat markets too.

LA new stadium is already booking acts - Kenny Chesney and Taylor Swift. As of now the stadium is it's own draw and also the Rose Bowl didn't quite satisfy demand and I thought it was odd NJ and Chicago got 2 but LA only got 1.

Also the new Las Vegas stadium is going to be finished on 7/31. This would make a great opening.

NYC could get more.

Then a few in Canada.

Might even be able to swing Mexico into the NA leg this time.

Eastern Canada (Halifax or Moncton or Quebec City)
Hartford, CT or State College, PA (huge stadium, wanted Stones in 2015)
NYC x 2 (Maybe the other stadium)
southern show (Charlotte/Atlanta/SC)
midwest (Detroit/ST Louis maybe even Notre Dame stadium)
a few more in Canada (Winnipeg, Regina, Edmonton, Vancouver)
LA
Las Vegas
Dallas
Mexico City x 2

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: October 14, 2019 21:25

The reported tickets sales gross for kc was over $7 million.

jumpontopofmebaby

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: October 14, 2019 21:36

Probably makes more sense to The Stones to tour Aust/NZ next time round with their 60th Anniversary tour, to come all the way down here in 6 months on this tour then back in something like 24-50 months which I can understand yea

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 14, 2019 21:38

WOW...eye popping smiley...just read Bjornulf's post on facebook....when do US tix go on sale?!!! smiling smiley

Date: October 14, 2019 21:42

artedm
The reported tickets sales gross for kc was over $7 million.

jumpontopofmebaby

All I can tell you is the ticket sales were slow and the Lucky Dip line went on forever and ever and ever there were many empty seats across the stadium. Not an option I would say.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-10-14 21:43 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 84

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1358
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home