Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 84
Re: What's next, after No Filter???
Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: October 6, 2019 16:29

dcba
grzegorz67

I'm sure they'll want to finish with a show or 2 in London, where it all began.

If every serious fan on the planet goes to London for these farewell gigs two won't be enough. 10 maybe?

And what if it were were ten? The one selling out in minutes would be the last of those. Which would establish that many fans are harbouring a creepy fetish in my opinion.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 6, 2019 17:32

Nikkei
And what if it were were ten? The one selling out in minutes would be the last of those. Which would establish that many fans are harbouring a creepy fetish in my opinion.

Not necessarily completely disagreeing with you, but also not sure what defines "creepy fetish" in your eyes.

Whether announced or not, I would want to be amongst the last fans cheering them on at their last concert. Not for bragging rights, or for anything that might be considered "creepy" imo. For me it would be more for personal reasons, similar to wanting to be at Mick's first show back after his heart issue etc., as well as knowing I saw it out till the end, going to every show I could manage. No regrets. Just as we remember most the last show we attended, they will likely remember their last bow and the fans ovation.
What fan wouldn't want to be part of that?

Date: October 6, 2019 18:03

I'm also not really sure about what I wrote. But I went to London in 2013 for the reasons you named, expecting something similar to Glastonbury a few weeks earlier. And then it was nothing like that. In FOS area the atmosphere was tense, everyone seemed keen not to give an inch for hours. With expectations up, the show was bound to underwhelm. I had set myself on spending a week in London and seeing both shows, but after the show I absolutely didn't feel like repeating the experience. I was happy that the folks I travelled with were able to take me right back home. If anything, I had faith that this couldn't be the end and that they would come to mainland europe in the following year. Which they did and it was glorious. So I for one won't go to London for such a thing again.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: October 6, 2019 18:26

Nikkei
I'm also not really sure about what I wrote. But I went to London in 2013 for the reasons you named, expecting something similar to Glastonbury a few weeks earlier. And then it was nothing like that. In FOS area the atmosphere was tense, everyone seemed keen not to give an inch for hours. With expectations up, the show was bound to underwhelm. I had set myself on spending a week in London and seeing both shows, but after the show I absolutely didn't feel like repeating the experience. I was happy that the folks I travelled with were able to take me right back home. If anything, I had faith that this couldn't be the end and that they would come to mainland europe in the following year. Which they did and it was glorious. So I for one won't go to London for such a thing again.

Glastonbury and the 2 Hyde Park Shows were on 3 consecutive Saturdays in June & July 2013. I was at the last 2. In Hyde Park, GA was completely unrestricted right up to the stage on Ronnie’s side so that was why people wouldn’t give an inch. The place opened at noon and it was extremely hot at both shows. Those 3 factors added to inept security meant that there were lots of drunk people pushing forwards and a few fights in the crowd, something which for the most part was not repeated at the 3 London shows last year, which had 3 clear floor sectors with solid rails between them and much tighter security. I enjoyed the 2013 shows a lot, though in retrospect they were fairly average by their standards. London 2020, if it happens, will be fine.

Re: No Filter Tour 2020
Posted by: slewan ()
Date: October 6, 2019 22:58

mtaylor
bv
No problem adding London at the end of any tour, they some times ended tours in UK during the past, especially European tours. Just take a look at the summer 2013 tour. US - Glastonbury - London. I am not saying it will happen, but during tour planning it is for sure an option. The show would sell out in an hour.

If they want to have their very final concert in London - then 2-3 shows in London in 2020 make sense. Not sure they will have the energy in 2021. Charlie will be 80.

well, and Charlie's hope to get Ginger Baker to see a Stones show has now also vanished… :-(

Posted by: Kerryann ()
Date: October 7, 2019 03:22

Crikey -looks like I'd better start saving for a trip to London then...Can't miss what could be the last time

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: October 7, 2019 05:54

Personally I reckon that having got this far, rather than end at 59 (2020) they'll got for 60 (2021).

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: RollingStonesFan ()
Date: October 7, 2019 08:39

40 Licks was in 2002, 50 and counting in 2012. So 60 should be in 2022, right winking smiley

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: October 7, 2019 08:53

RollingStonesFan
40 Licks was in 2002, 50 and counting in 2012. So 60 should be in 2022, right winking smiley

Whoops yes. My bad. Sorry.

But I stand by my basic point that they may want to reach that milestone (pun intended).

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: October 7, 2019 12:13

In 2022 they'll tour to support the 60 years celebration greatest hits album!

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: October 7, 2019 17:01

I can't see them stopping completely before 2022. It makes no sense for them NOT to try to make it to their 60th anniversary, even if it's only a few shows by that point. They're only 3 years away!

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: October 7, 2019 17:07

3 years is a long time at their age though. Anything can happen.

I am so thankful they have been able to tour this long, I saw them for the first time in 2018 and was lucky enough to see them again twice this year.

I hope the 2020 shows are fantastic, for all those planning to go!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-10-07 17:09 by WelshEdge1.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: October 7, 2019 17:11

WelshEdge1

I am so thankful they have been able to tour this long, I saw them for the first time in 2018 and was lucky enough to see them again twice this year.

For sure. I should have added "health permitting", although that goes without saying at this point.

I'm sure Charlie is somewhat ambivalent about making it to 60 years, but I bet Mick, Keith, and Ronnie would like to hit that date if everyone's health holds.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: October 7, 2019 17:35

keefriff99
WelshEdge1

For sure. I should have added "health permitting", although that goes without saying at this point.

I'm sure Charlie is somewhat ambivalent about making it to 60 years, but I bet Mick, Keith, and Ronnie would like to hit that date if everyone's health holds.

I can see them finishing with a mini tour like the 5 shows in London and New York at the end of 2012, drawing down the curtain on this late career bonus burst of touring, which, let's face it, none of us expected after the ABB tour ended in 2007. They've now played multiple live shows in 8 consecutive years, something they hadn't previously done!

Health will determine everything.

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: October 7, 2019 23:39

Well, here we are. A sticky with the first rumored venues posted. Traveling across the globe from Colorado is no cheap or easy task but as bv keeps saying.. you never know when this all comes to the end. These last handful of years Stones tours have taken me to some amazing places. Can't stop now!

I've never been to Asia or Australia. I'd love to do Tokyo but I've read a few things here that lead me to believe that the whole ticket process there is challenging? Would I be better off focusing efforts on Australia?

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: October 8, 2019 02:53

remember that they count from 1963 not 1962 ....

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: October 8, 2019 03:07

Interesting about the rumour of a London show/s next year.

On one hand it seems odd to travel all the way to London from the Far East.

However:

1. If they do Oz first and finish the tour in Shanghai or even further west, then finishing in London isn't so crazy from a logistical point of view.
2. It may be that they have decided that the No Filter tour 'is it' in terms of touring, and that any shows after the No Filter tour will be residencies etc.
By this measure, they may want to end the last couple of No Filter Tour legs in London, 'to be on the safe side' i.e., so that their last ever show is most likely going to be in London.

It's all guesswork at this point...

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: October 8, 2019 03:55

Would the demand even be there in Shanghai? In a stadium. Arena, sure. They've done that before.

Date: October 8, 2019 09:05

mariano

No, they don't. Their 50th anniversary was in 2012.

Posted by: RollingStonesFan ()
Date: October 8, 2019 12:13

DandelionPowderman
mariano

And 40 Licks was in 2002.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 8, 2019 14:12

Rumoured cities are Tokyo Osaka Bangkok Singapore Shanghai Macao Seoul Manila Jakarta Auckland Brisbane Sydney Melbourne Perth Cape Town. 3-4 of these cities will not get a show, and Tokyo will get 2-3 shows.

Mick mentioned touring only once in India and Africa, so the Cape rumour makes sense. London at the end of the tour makes sense if they simply want to end the tour on "home ground".

Bjornulf

Posted by: mrsoandso ()
Date: October 8, 2019 14:38

Too bad, looks like my dream of seeing them in Morocco will never happen.

Date: October 8, 2019 15:03

DandelionPowderman
mariano

I remember Keith said something involving conception and birth and the months in between

Date: October 8, 2019 15:53

Nikkei
DandelionPowderman
mariano

I remember Keith said something involving conception and birth and the months in between

They counted from the Marquee gig-date, didn't they? July 12, 1962 smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-10-08 15:54 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: October 8, 2019 15:55

bv
Rumoured cities are Tokyo Osaka Bangkok Singapore Shanghai Macao Seoul Manila Jakarta Auckland Brisbane Sydney Melbourne Perth Cape Town. 3-4 of these cities will not get a show, and Tokyo will get 2-3 shows.

Mick mentioned touring only once in India and Africa, so the Cape rumour makes sense. London at the end of the tour makes sense if they simply want to end the tour on "home ground".

April in Tokyo is bit chilly for open roof show. And Seoul is much colder.
So If it happens, I guess only Korean venue option will be Gocheok SkyDome which has fully covered roof. It is totally doubtful they use Olympic stadium or Worldcup stadium.

And April is the hottest month in South East Asia Singapore and Bangkok.
Not the best season for outdoor concert.
Best season to have local beers though.smileys with beer

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: October 8, 2019 16:21

Hong Kong anyone?

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: October 8, 2019 16:55

jlowe
Hong Kong anyone?

Macau is off the coast of Hong Kong (hour or so ferry ride). I did a 'China trip' to go to the 2014 show at the Venetian there - kind of like Vegas on steroids. One of the stranger shows I attended.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: October 8, 2019 18:18

DandelionPowderman
...They counted from the Marquee gig-date, didn't they? July 12, 1962 smiling smiley

That’s the date I always celebrate. Along, of course, with Keefmas on December 18th. winking smiley

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: October 8, 2019 18:50

the guessing game of where to play in london- new Tottenham Hotspur Stadium?

could be like Licks tour 2003 start Australia next Tokyo then maybe other dates
still think new Stadium in Las Vegas possibility probably only usa date to help with demand that would be ready around late July early August. La Stadium unlikely with Taylor Swift and Kenny Chesney already announced.

Cotai Arena possible venue not sure how Hong Kong unrest affects same with china/ shanghai

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: October 8, 2019 19:00

artedm
the guessing game of where to play in london- new Tottenham Hotspur Stadium?

might be a little too cold in April?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 84

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1466
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home