Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 84
Re: No Filter Tour 2020
Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 5, 2019 13:56

Stones shows in Asia and Down Under in the past:

Japan 2006 : Ticket sales Jan 21; shows from March 22 and on
Australia 2006 : Ticket sales March 8; shows from April 11 and on
Asia spring 2014 : Announcement Dec 4, shows from Feb 21 and on

Typically 6-10 weeks from announcement until the first show date.

If the tour start is mid March, they might not announce until next year.
If the tour start is mid Feb, they might announce late this year.
Anyway, they will announce something later this year.

Bjornulf

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: October 5, 2019 15:14

The 14 on fire Asia tour in 2014 was an absolute blast. I was working in South Korea at the time and those gigs were some of the best I have seen them play.

BTW Stones are huge in Korea but I don't believe they have ever played there - suprising as they have some of the best live music stadiums/arenas in South Asia. Fingers crossed this gets rectified if they do play shows out in Asia.

Re: Australia
Posted by: shattered ()
Date: October 5, 2019 16:48

Rockman
…. it's a lovely country …. and I live here ….

...and they are on the way.smiling smiley

Posted by: StonedAsiaExile ()
Date: October 5, 2019 17:53

They have not ever played the ROK. I would love to see them in Seoul!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 5, 2019 18:16

This is exciting!

Seems this will be part of the never ending "No Filter Tour", so they'll be able to add to their tallies.
Many, if not all articles I've seen have referred to No Filter as thing of the past as if it's over, but looks like it will keep on rolling after all.thumbs up

And if I understand correctly, based on rumoured dates there will be no work on a new album between March and April 2020....or maybe Feb-March and several months after at least due to rest, vacation time, etc.
Along with the studio time booked this December, hopefully they can squeeze in a bit more in January 2020...before we know it, it will be the 60th anniversary of the band.

For all those planning to attend any of the upcoming shows, have a great time! smiling smiley

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 5, 2019 19:05

Whoo whoo!!!

Would love to try to make an Australian trip.
Have to start researching and schmoozing the boss... (wife) cool smiley

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: October 5, 2019 21:28

Exciting!

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: October 5, 2019 22:17

Is Taiwan a possibility?
Or is politically (dont upset China) or economically (lack of interest) make it a non starter?

Posted by: coloradocanyons ()
Date: October 5, 2019 23:05

bv
The first rumours from Japan said April, then Australia rumours says March/April, so may be they look into going first to Australia, then Japan April. Some rumours do also say Feb, but most rumours say March/April. New Zealand has been mentioned briefly, might happen as well. It seems like they aim at the largest venues available, like they did during the shows in Europe and USA/Canada 2017-2019.

If they are playing the New National Stadium as rumored then the later the better, as the new stadium only has a roof for fixed seats but not the field.

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: October 6, 2019 01:35

Tokyo
Osaka
Seoul
Bangkok
Manila
Jakarta
Auckland
Brisbane
Sydney
Melbourne
Perth
CapeTown
London

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-10-06 01:37 by DREAMTIME.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 6, 2019 01:48

London sweetens the pot... cool smiley

Date: October 6, 2019 05:13

LONDON CALLING!!!smiling smiley

MisterDDDD
London sweetens the pot... cool smiley

London makes it irresistible, but what can a poor boy do?
I certainly can't sing...not even for a rock and roll band!
But if I try, and I try, and I try, and I try...
HELP! I need somebody....oops, wrong band... Have Mercy!!!

If true, time to start scheming...been a while since I've visited the in-laws, and lord knows how much I love them. winking smiley
Short notice though...maybe hoping for a miracle is the best hope at this point...grrr...

Lose your dreams, and you will lose your mind....but if you try sometimes...time is on my side....keep on rolling...

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 6, 2019 06:21

After all that... London.

Huh.

That might mean something.

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: October 6, 2019 07:36

DREAMTIME
London

Date: October 6, 2019 08:22

WelshEdge1
DREAMTIME
London

smiling smiley...maybe DREAMTIME is dreaming?

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: October 6, 2019 09:29

GasLightStreet

Huh.

It might indeed. It might mean …. 'thank you, goodnight, and goodbye' !!

Were that to be the case, then as Bob Geldof said in some documentary or other about the Rolling Stones, when they bow out for good, it will be a case of "Ladies and Gentlemen, THAT was rock n' roll" !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: October 6, 2019 10:27

paulywaul
GasLightStreet

Huh.

Were that to be the case, then as Bob Geldof said in some documentary or other about the Rolling Stones, when they bow out for good, it will be a case of "Ladies and Gentlemen, THAT was rock n' roll" !!

It might mean "this could be the last Tour, probably not, but just in case from now on all Tours end in London".

Re: What's next, after No Filter???
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 6, 2019 11:11

grzegorz67

I'm sure they'll want to finish with a show or 2 in London, where it all began.

If every serious fan on the planet goes to London for these farewell gigs two won't be enough. 10 maybe?

Posted by: Kerryann ()
Date: October 6, 2019 11:12

Not sure how the London got in there? I didn't see any mention of London from BV - or is it just wishful thinking from those in the Northern Hemisphere.

Date: October 6, 2019 12:52

No problem adding London at the end of any tour, they some times ended tours in UK during the past, especially European tours. Just take a look at the summer 2013 tour. US - Glastonbury - London. I am not saying it will happen, but during tour planning it is for sure an option. The show would sell out in an hour.

Bjornulf

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: October 6, 2019 13:12

bv
No problem adding London at the end of any tour, they some times ended tours in UK during the past, especially European tours. Just take a look at the summer 2013 tour. US - Glastonbury - London. I am not saying it will happen, but during tour planning it is for sure an option. The show would sell out in an hour.

If they want to have their very final concert in London - then 2-3 shows in London in 2020 make sense. Not sure they will have the energy in 2021. Charlie will be 80.

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: October 6, 2019 13:32

mtaylor
bv

If they want to have their very final concert in London - then 2-3 shows in London in 2020 make sense. Not sure they will have the energy in 2021. Charlie will be 80.
The Royal Albert Hall celebrates 150 years in 2021. Joyce Smith is on the steering committee for the celebratory shows, so assuming they are still healthy enough, that is where and when the final show or shows will be.

Satisfied since 1976

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-10-06 13:32 by chriseganstar.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: October 6, 2019 13:57

bv

Just like the O2 shows they did in 2007 with all the family in attendance.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: October 6, 2019 14:20

If they'll be in good shape I think that there'll be a South American Tour in 2021, an European Tour in 2022 and a North American Tour with 3 final shows in London in 2023.

Re: What's next, after No Filter???
Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: October 6, 2019 15:18

dcba
grzegorz67

I'm sure they'll want to finish with a show or 2 in London, where it all began.

If every serious fan on the planet goes to London for these farewell gigs two won't be enough. 10 maybe?

I do think 2 shows would be enough. The thing about traveling fans like ourselves and the Shidoobees is that there are only a few thousand of us at most. The vast majority of the crowd at any given Stones show is local, or at least day trippers. Last year, they did 3 shows in London, their 1st in 5 years. Tickets were easy to come by on show day at all 3. If London 2020 happens, it will only have been 2 years since their last show there.

Even at the 2012 London O2 shows, which at the time we all thought were one-off 50th anniversary shows, tickets were not impossible on show day but admittedly hard to get. But the O2 only holds about 15,000 people. I travelled ticketless on the day and got in for £100. The 2nd Hyde Park Show In 2013 did not completely sell out, even though GA was about £100 and it was possible to get to the front.

For it to be financially worthwhile to ship their whole tour apparatus half way round the World, it would need to be a large stadium and 2 or at most 3 shows so that they don’t have to dismantle and rebuild. And ticket prices to match...

Date: October 6, 2019 15:19

I would not plan for any shows in 2021 and on. Don't hold your breath, if you see what I mean. Right now we are just a month after the 2019 tour ended, and the Miami show was a blast, no worries about energy or level of performance. I am sure they have no problems doing another world tour of Asia etc spring 2020. After that may be a longer rest. Then who knows what will happen.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-10-06 15:19 by bv.

Date: October 6, 2019 15:27

thecitadel
paulywaul
GasLightStreet

Huh.

It might mean "this could be the last Tour, probably not, but just in case from now on all Tours end in London".

That would suit me fine as I live near Swindon, Wilts so an easy day trip. I’m a travelling fan and have been to 20 odd shows in Europe and the US in the last 20 years. Not sure I would bother travelling any further to see then though.

Posted by: Nasty Habits ()
Date: October 6, 2019 15:48

Just a thought but what about this as a possibility:

March-May
No Filter Asia/Oceana

Later in year
No Filter South America

Europe
(Perhaps new album new tour)

"I've got nasty habits I take tea at three"

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: October 6, 2019 16:23

bv
I would not plan for any shows in 2021 and on. Don't hold your breath, if you see what I mean. Right now we are just a month after the 2019 tour ended, and the Miami show was a blast, no worries about energy or level of performance. I am sure they have no problems doing another world tour of Asia etc spring 2020. After that may be a longer rest. Then who knows what will happen.

So, London shows are not out of the picture - rather a good possibility as I can read in between the lines. A goodbye.

Date: October 6, 2019 16:26

Nasty Habits
Just a thought but what about this as a possibility:

March-May
No Filter Asia/Oceana

Later in year
No Filter South America

Europe
(Perhaps new album new tour)

They won’t tour twice in the same year. They haven’t for a long time. I know they did DT, Vegas and a couple of private shows in Autumn 2016 but they were below their best and haven’t repeated the error. They are old and need breaks. 1 tour a year suits them fine at their ages.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 84

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1768
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home