Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 84
Re: What's next, after No Filter 2019?
Posted by: Nate ()
Date: October 3, 2019 18:52

bertrichards
Are there any chances for some gigs in Europe next year?

No

Australia
Posted by: Bob C. ()
Date: October 3, 2019 23:58

Re: Australia
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 4, 2019 00:52

…. it's a lovely country …. and I live here ….

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Stonesdude ()
Date: October 4, 2019 02:45

Australia is a beautiful country and worth visiting. If they tour we may go there or maybe somewhere new. It is so much fun to travel to other countries to see the Stones. I hope we get lucky to do it again.

Posted by: winos ()
Date: October 4, 2019 02:54

Indeed we do love living in Australia however much like in America with Trump the leaders such as PM Scomo are destroying what we love about it...…

Thankfully we can look forward to another Stones tour here early in 2020.

pool's in but the patio ain't dry

Date: October 4, 2019 04:32

... …. I call him Scumo….

ROCKMAN

Date: October 4, 2019 04:40

haha I call him worse than that I was being diplomatic, I'm listening to Bigsy now on RRR I love how he rips into Scumo

Date: October 4, 2019 05:10

… yeah Bigsy aint backwards in coming forwards …… Yeah Scumo ….

ROCKMAN

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: October 4, 2019 05:11

winos
haha I call him worse than that I was being diplomatic, I'm listening to Bigsy now on RRR I love how he rips into Scumo

Bit of an aspiring Trump-clone as far as I can tell. Plus thought-bubble policies, nothing thought through, nothing of real merit... and as for missing Greta's speech at the UN!!!!

And don't even get me started on Mr Potato Head!

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: KingmanBarstow ()
Date: October 4, 2019 08:49

Rockman
…. it's a lovely country …. and I live here ….

Visited 5 years ago. Loved Sydney. Red Eye Records, though expensive, I found some good Aussie artist music there that I would never have heard of. Found a really great Scotch bar deep down in the city thanks to my new bro-in-law. Went to the Hunter Valley, great wines there. Also a side trip to Tasmania, Hobart, stayed in Sandy Bay. Best curry I ever had in my life at Magic Curries. Battery Point is great for restaurants.

Hope that you guys get a tour.

Date: October 4, 2019 08:53

Yes better less said about potato head....!!! An appalling bunch

My prediction for the Stones Oz tour which would have to take place in February / March prior to football starting:

Perth: Optus Stadium
Adelaide: Adelaide oval
Melbourne: MCG
Sydney: ANZ / Olympic stadium or whatever it's called nowadays!
Brisbane: Suncorp Stadium

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: October 4, 2019 09:12

winos
Yes better less said about potato head....!!! An appalling bunch

My prediction for the Stones Oz tour which would have to take place in February / March prior to football starting:

Perth: Optus Stadium
Adelaide: Adelaide oval
Melbourne: MCG
Sydney: ANZ / Olympic stadium or whatever it's called nowadays!
Brisbane: Suncorp Stadium

I hear no Perth or Adelaide

Rod

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: October 4, 2019 10:17

Nate
bertrichards
Are there any chances for some gigs in Europe next year?

No

I admire how certain people can be about stuff. Me being a bag of doubts

Posted by: ChrisMahavishnu ()
Date: October 4, 2019 17:13

bitusa2012

Seeing them return to Adelaide would probably be a long shot based on many big tours omitting South Australia in their itinerary lately.

It would be fun (but incredibly unlikely) for them to play for the first time in the nations capital, Canberra, and have an outdoor show (like Hamburg 2017) in Commonwealth Park which hosts festivals from time to time.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 4, 2019 19:20

winos

What's with Hanging Rock (2x cancelled in 2014) ?

Date: October 4, 2019 19:30

bitusa2012

And max. 3 Shows per Country: [iorr.org] .

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: October 4, 2019 20:27

Abu Dhabi is on.

2020 Tour Rumor - Radio Show Announcement
Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: October 4, 2019 20:54

Stones 2020 Tour

Click the audio file to hear the rumor.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-10-04 20:55 by GAFF.

Re: 2020 Tour Rumor - Radio Show Announcement
Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: October 4, 2019 21:44

An announcement of an audio rumor is hearsay

Re: 2020 Tour Rumor - Radio Show Announcement
Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: October 4, 2019 21:55

[iorr.org]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: October 4, 2019 23:08

mtaylor
Abu Dhabi is on.

Ugh

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: October 5, 2019 09:12

Irix
winos

What's with Hanging Rock (2x cancelled in 2014) ?

Indeed. Most vexatious as it's very handy for me!

First time was when the then tour was suspended when Lauren Scott died. The second time was when Mick was ill.

The only thing that keeps me hoping for another attempt is that any tour is likely to be promoted by Gudinski and he holds the concession for that venue (3 shows per year max licence), he's local, and he loves the place (as do I).

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Re: No Filter Tour 2020
Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 5, 2019 10:59

IORR list of rumoured shows:

The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour Asia and Oceania 2020

There are rumours about Singapore, Macao, Shanghai, and some more cities, but they may or may not happen, due to schedule, bids and negotiations.

Bjornulf

Date: October 5, 2019 11:04

The first rumours from Japan said April, then Australia rumours says March/April, so may be they look into going first to Australia, then Japan April. Some rumours do also say Feb, but most rumours say March/April. New Zealand has been mentioned briefly, might happen as well. It seems like they aim at the largest venues available, like they did during the shows in Europe and USA/Canada 2017-2019.

Bjornulf

Date: October 5, 2019 11:20

Irix
bitusa2012

And max. 3 Shows per Country: [iorr.org] .

As predicted: Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane. Makes sense due to the population density of Australia:

Population density across Australia: [www.BusinessInsider.com.au]

Date: October 5, 2019 11:27

I made a visit from the UK to Sydney Australia earlier this year for the first time since I lived there as a very young kid in 1977 and I also visited some great places in Asia this year.
It will be fantastic to return to Australia and Asia again next year I cannot wait.

Nate spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: October 5, 2019 11:57

May 9, 2017: The Rolling Stones announce a stadium tour of continental Europe, in September and October, called No Filter.
May 26, 2017: The Rolling Stones' 2016 tour documentary, Olé Olé Olé:
A Trip Across Latin America, is released on blu-ray/DVD.

November 16, 2018: The Rolling Stones' live Blu-ray/CD Voodoo Lounge Uncut
is released.
November 19, 2018: The Rolling Stones announce a No Filter U.S. Tour of stadium shows for spring 2019.

June 21, 2019: The Rolling Stones kick off the 2019 No Filter North American Tour at Soldier
Field in Chicago.
June 21, 2019: The Rolling Stones' Blu-ray/DVD and CD Bridges to Bremen
(from 1998) is released.

November 8, 2019: In November, The Rolling Stones will release a live album and concert film, ‘Bridges to Buenos Aires’.

Maybe we'll have more info during November and the upcoming days about the new rumored leg I hope smileys with beer

[www.timeisonourside.com]

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: October 5, 2019 12:35

And there was I, wondering what to plan for my 65th birthday in April next year. Sorted !

Satisfied since 1976

Date: October 5, 2019 13:22

If you travel from Europe or North America, the most complicated part of a tour in Asia and Down Under is planning for flexible and cheap travels. The distances are large, and flexible flights are expensive. Shows may be added, dates may change, new cities may be added, this happens on every tour.

If you are going to one city only, like Tokyo, or Sydney, then just book a flexible ticket with options to cancel and change. If you plan to go to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane then just book these local fligts later on, cheap, from Quantas (cost a bit more, but make sure they may be changed).

I will add some comments here about how to make plans for flexible travels to multiple shows, with air travel booking prepared for rescheduling. These comments will be added to some soon to come IORR pages dedicated to Asia and Down Under 2020 tour travel info.

Over the past few decades I have been using "Around The World" airline tickets to follow the Stones tours. I have one of these for every tour going to Asia, also to South America if needed. All major airliners do offer these special tickets, mainly used by backpackers. The airliners don't market these tickets, because they are low priced vs single tickets. You need to dig out the info on their web sites, or call them.

This is the Star Alliance web site info (SAS/LH/United etc):

Star Alliance Round The World - Travel and ticket info

KLM/AF, BA, and the other alliances have their own "around the world" products. Choose the alliance which is closest to your home town, and make sure they have alliance airliners to Sydney, Tokyo, Singapore, Shanghai, also India if possible. If they do not fly to Auckland New Zealand, or Melbourne, then no worries, just buy those tickets separately. The main point is having an around the world ticket taking care of your flexibility, and most of the cost of the travel.

If you plan just 3 or so stopovers, you may get such a ticket at $1,500 or so. The max ticket would be 39,000 miles at around $30,000 or so. Add business class with just 50% more cost, remember around the world travel will normally give you 3-4 very long flights of 10-12 hours each, non-stop, like LA-Auckland, Sydney-Tokyo, Singapore-Frankfurt, London-LA and so on.

Basic rules of "around the world" tickets:

- Don't book the ticket until you know what direction the tour is taking
- Start and end in your home city
- You need to cross both the Pacific and the Atlantic, in one predefined direction
- You may stop several times, typically 3-15 stops
- You may change travel dates at any time, during travel, for free
- If there is a rumour of say Auckland NZ, then add that city as a stopover
- Once you start the travel, the stopovers are fixed
- You may rewrite the stopovers at any time, cost $125 or so
- The ticket is valid for one year
- Don't go home until the tour is over
- If you need to go home during the tour, use a separate ticket

Bjornulf

Date: October 5, 2019 13:35

There are usually some very good airline sales early November maybe a bit early for planning for this tour but again usually after Christmas many airlines have good sales it’s a very competitive market and there are some great deals to be had.

Nate

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 84

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1879
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home