Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 84
Re: What's next, after No Filter???
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 12, 2019 08:46

I'll concede they were better this go round than they have been. It's like constant touring has finally loosened some rust. So, they're as good as they were at the end of Bigger Bang? That's kind of underwhelming. And with the set in stone setlist, with maybe one or two kind of rarities, what's the point? Just to be with the band and hand over hundreds of dollars? The songs don't even sound different from tour to tour. (They used to).

1989-1990 was their coronation as the greatest rock and roll band of all time. Voodoo Lounge proved they could tour without Bill. No Security was a varied setlist, and they were killer. I don't know what the point is since. To see if Keith can still pull off JJF? To hear Midnight Rambler? The only thing that would help is to mix in a boatload of classics they don't play. And not the same old 'audience choice'.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: September 12, 2019 09:49

Got a good feeling of an Australia and New Zealand 2020 tour in March, April with an announcement and ticket sales in October/November...yea :-)

Date: September 12, 2019 18:16

colonial
Got a good feeling of an Australia and New Zealand 2020 tour in March, April with an announcement and ticket sales in October/November...yea :-)

Is there a trick to getting a decent air fair from the US to New Zealand?

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: September 12, 2019 19:28

jumpontopofmebaby
colonial

If you learn how to use google flights full functionality then you can’t go wrong.

Nate

Posted by: angee ()
Date: September 12, 2019 19:49

24FPS:

IMO, they are better than they were at the end of ABB.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: September 12, 2019 19:58

24FPS
I'll concede they were better this go round than they have been. It's like constant touring has finally loosened some rust. So, they're as good as they were at the end of Bigger Bang? That's kind of underwhelming. And with the set in stone setlist, with maybe one or two kind of rarities, what's the point? Just to be with the band and hand over hundreds of dollars? The songs don't even sound different from tour to tour. (They used to).

1989-1990 was their coronation as the greatest rock and roll band of all time. Voodoo Lounge proved they could tour without Bill. No Security was a varied setlist, and they were killer. I don't know what the point is since. To see if Keith can still pull off JJF? To hear Midnight Rambler? The only thing that would help is to mix in a boatload of classics they don't play. And not the same old 'audience choice'.

Licks 2002-03 was killer too...and quite varied, with varied exciting venues as well. "What the point is" is a personal question, of course. I love seeing them play live, that's the point for me. Have they come down a bit, yep...but I think it's great that they are playing as well as they are at this point. Speaking of Midnight Rambler, those Ramblers at Chicago 1 and 2 are the best Ramblers I've heard in years, complete with You Gotta Move (1) and Come On In My Kitchen (2) thrown in the middle. The shows seemed more energized and fun than the shows I saw in '15 for Zip Code or '06 for ABB, though '13 was probably on par with what I experienced with No Filter.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-12 20:40 by floodonthepage.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: September 12, 2019 22:23

jumpontopofmebaby
colonial

jumpontopofmebaby..yea mate I just go to me local airline shop and buy a ticket and pay whatever the price is on the day..not really into all this discounted airfares and stuff..yea

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: September 13, 2019 03:48

I've never gotten the appeal of "Midnight Rambler" as a part of every setlist. The song goes on for so long and it's predictable. The song itself has always seemed cornball to me. It makes me think of Tony Curtis in the Boston Strangler movie every time I hear it. It would have more impact if it were a surprise or a fan choice vote.

I haven't seen the Stones in several years, but I'd be more likely to pay for a ticket (or try for an LD) if they would come up with a slightly more varied setlist. I doubt that will happen, and the fact it won't may make it easier for them to keep touring.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 13, 2019 04:08

Midnight Rambler in a live setting is the magnum opus of the Rolling Stones no matter the lineup imo,
and I'd pay just to see than one tune alone stretched out to two hours....w/one warhorse as an encore (preferably Street Fighting Man).

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: September 13, 2019 04:21

I concur...

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: September 13, 2019 04:32

Ditto.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-13 04:42 by steffialicia.

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: September 13, 2019 04:51

Midnite. Rambler. Its awesome .keep it in...

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 13, 2019 05:32

Hairball
Midnight Rambler in a live setting is the magnum opus of the Rolling Stones no matter the lineup imo,
and I'd pay just to see than one tune alone stretched out to two hours....w/one warhorse as an encore (preferably Street Fighting Man).

I'm in!
I'd switch the order with SFM opening, 2hr Rambler and close it out with Satisfaction.

Date: September 13, 2019 06:02

MisterDDDD
Hairball

I'm in!
I'd switch the order with SFM opening, 2hr Rambler and close it out with Satisfaction.

OK it's a deal - and Lucky Dips for everyone in attendance! thumbs upsmiling smiley

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: September 13, 2019 06:27

Ramblers been a highlight of some of the shows I’ve been to!

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: September 13, 2019 06:54

The No Filter Tour Joins The Stones’ A Bigger Bang Tour in the All-Time Top 10:

[www.billboard.com]

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: September 13, 2019 08:05

Sighunt

[www.billboard.com]

Take the money and run. I almost get ill thinking of an 80-year-old Mick Jagger on stage, no matter what song.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: September 13, 2019 09:23

Nate
jumpontopofmebaby
colonial

If you learn how to use google flights full functionality then you can’t go wrong.

Nate

Also, try Momondo.

plexi

Date: September 13, 2019 09:35

Sighunt

[www.billboard.com]

The No Filter Tour isn't over yet, or is it?
The article makes it sound like it is , but what about the rumoured next leg?
Buffer up the numbers and rake in more money!

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: September 13, 2019 09:54

MileHigh
Sighunt

[www.billboard.com]

Take the money and run. I almost get ill thinking of an 80-year-old Mick Jagger on stage, no matter what song.

Such notions have been a moving target for decades. First, it was 30, then 45, then 50, 60, 70, 75, now 80. Each time, they have been welcomed with open arms. And I suspect this will continue without end, or until they end.

plexi

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: September 13, 2019 17:35

If I wanted to hear the essence of Jagger and Richards together, I suppose it would be "Midnight Rambler." Anybody else could have written any of our other songs; but, I don't think anybody could have written "Midnight Rambler" except Mick and me. And nobody else would have thought of making an opera out of the blues. -Ketih

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: September 13, 2019 17:48

marianna
I've never gotten the appeal of "Midnight Rambler" as a part of every setlist. The song goes on for so long and it's predictable.

It´s the only song of their recent setlist that is NOT
predictable at all. Even Chuck is out of this one. There
is NO live version since 1969 that is close to the version
from the show before or the show after. It´s the core song to
understand them. Pure magic.

And as I said before: As long as they can play this one - they can go on tour.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: September 13, 2019 19:21

floodonthepage
24FPS

Licks 2002-03 was killer too...and quite varied, with varied exciting venues as well. "What the point is" is a personal question, of course. I love seeing them play live, that's the point for me. Have they come down a bit, yep...but I think it's great that they are playing as well as they are at this point. Speaking of Midnight Rambler, those Ramblers at Chicago 1 and 2 are the best Ramblers I've heard in years, complete with You Gotta Move (1) and Come On In My Kitchen (2) thrown in the middle. The shows seemed more energized and fun than the shows I saw in '15 for Zip Code or '06 for ABB, though '13 was probably on par with what I experienced with No Filter.

Yeah, Licks was really good and so was 50 and Counting IMO.

'89 -'03 - A+
'05 -'07 - B
'12 - '13 - A-
'14 ' '16 - B
'17 - '19 - B+

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-13 19:24 by Send It To me.

Date: September 13, 2019 19:37

Send It To me
Yeah, Licks was really good and so was 50 and Counting IMO.

'89 -'03 - A+
'05 -'07 - B
'12 - '13 - A-
'14 ' '16 - B
'17 - '19 - B+

Licks - A+
ABB - B- ...maybe a C
50 and Counting - A...maybe A+ (thanks to Mick Taylor)
Zip Code and '16 - B-...maybe C
No Filter - Solid A

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-13 19:38 by Hairball.

Posted by: swaff ()
Date: September 14, 2019 04:12

Well where ever they play next, I doesn't look like it'll be at Levi's stadium again. And I'm ok with that!!!

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 14, 2019 04:19

I think they should open a show with Midnight Rambler. I think it's one of the few songs where they stretch out a bit. And live is nothing like the studio version, which is one of the most disturbing cuts of all time.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: September 14, 2019 10:06

I think the reason Midnight Rambler is so great, live and studio, is that it proves The Stones are still badass. No matter how respectable they've become, once the opening bars of Midnight Rambler kick in then you know you are in the presence of something voodoo-esque.

Date: September 14, 2019 10:42

24FPS
I think they should open a show with Midnight Rambler. I think it's one of the few songs where they stretch out a bit. And live is nothing like the studio version, which is one of the most disturbing cuts of all time.

They did that... once.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: September 14, 2019 11:33

24FPS
I think they should open a show with Midnight Rambler.

it won't work (or only in a club show setting)

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 14, 2019 13:54

After No Filter Europe 2017, No Filter Europe 2018, No Filter US 2019, it is not rocket science to predict No Filter XXXX 2020.

The strongest rumours are for Asia spring 2020, and like 2014, I will assume they add a few shows down under.

Bjornulf

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 84

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1906
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home