Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 84
Re: What's next, after No Filter???
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 9, 2019 22:40

two4fun111
georgelicks
JumpinJeppeFlash

The demand for Stones in Japan is huge, ask people who attended the shows back in 2014, several hours queue for the merchandise.

That's one of the big problems, the band wants to play 3 shows in Japan but the promoters are asking for 5 shows at least.

The'll play 15 shows only in 2020, no more than 3 shows in each country, so the schedule is very tight with Japan, Australia, NZ, China, India, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Korea and even some shows in Africa lined up too.

Sadly, South America is out of the picture in 2020.

how do YOU know this?

Insider knowledge. Trust him.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: September 9, 2019 22:52

two4fun111
georgelicks
JumpinJeppeFlash
The demand for Stones in Japan is huge, ask people who attended the shows back in 2014, several hours queue for the merchandise.

That's one of the big problems, the band wants to play 3 shows in Japan but the promoters are asking for 5 shows at least.

The'll play 15 shows only in 2020, no more than 3 shows in each country, so the schedule is very tight with Japan, Australia, NZ, China, India, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Korea and even some shows in Africa lined up too.

how do YOU know this?

Because the Stones managment is always receiving offers and tour propositions and the most advanced one is the Asia/Far East/Australian tour because the band wants to play on new markets, the money involved is great and the No Filter tour didn't hit that part of the world yet.
South America was an option too until 2-3 months ago but the economy is not good, maybe on 2021, but again nothing is signed yet.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: September 9, 2019 23:05

mailexile67
My prediction:

Spring 2020 Far East & Oceania Tour
November 2020 New Studio Album
Spring 2021 South America Tour
Spring/Summer 2022 Europe Tour
Spring/Summer 2023 Us & Canada Tour
Summer 2024 5 gigs in London (Hyde Park, Wembley, Twickenham, 02)

2020 is the farthest the band can look at, everything 2+ years in advance is science fiction.
The band is looking to finish the album sometime during 2020, so if everything is fine a tour in March/April and a new album in Christmas 2020 is the best case scenario.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: September 9, 2019 23:10

Irix
two4fun111
georgelicks
JumpinJeppeFlash

how do YOU know this?

Insider knowledge. Trust him.
If Africa means Algiers or Morocco.... then wonderful

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: September 9, 2019 23:17

JumpinJeppeFlash

Wait until they see the garbage that’s being pumped out for the merchandise these days there won’t be any queue.

Nate

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: September 9, 2019 23:50

georgelicks
mailexile67
My prediction:

2020 is the farthest the band can look at, everything 2+ years in advance is science fiction.
The band is looking to finish the album sometime during 2020, so if everything is fine a tour in March/April and a new album in Christmas 2020 is the best case scenario.

Georgelicks, I'm only playing...But it would be a pretty case scenariosmoking smiley

Posted by: iraq0708 ()
Date: September 10, 2019 00:08

Nate
JumpinJeppeFlash

Wait until they see the garbage that’s being pumped out for the merchandise these days there won’t be any queue.

Nate
LOL !!!

Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: September 10, 2019 00:11

No more concerts,Maybee an album out for christmas.Then no more

Date: September 10, 2019 00:16

mailexile67

I'm only playing...But it would be a pretty case scenario

I liked this scenario better: [iorr.org] - 2023 and over ....

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: September 10, 2019 00:21

harlem shuffle
No more concerts,Maybee an album out for christmas.Then no more

"No More" tour...sounds interesting...

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: September 10, 2019 00:35

Irix
mailexile67

Oh, yeah!smileys with beer

Date: September 10, 2019 00:53

mailexile67
Irix
mailexile67

Oh, yeah!smileys with beer

mailexile67
2020:Feb/Apr Far East & Oceania
2020:After May studio sessions & final mix of new album
2020:End of November new Album
2021:Feb/Apr South America
2022:Europe
2023:North America and 3 final gigs in London

This scenario it's perfect for a new mini worldwide tour, this would be amazing to promote the new album! I think that they have similar plans to this one thumbs upwinking smileysmileys with beer

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: September 10, 2019 04:21

georgelicks
two4fun111
georgelicks
JumpinJeppeFlash

how do YOU know this?

Because the Stones managment is always receiving offers and tour propositions and the most advanced one is the Asia/Far East/Australian tour because the band wants to play on new markets, the money involved is great and the No Filter tour didn't hit that part of the world yet.
South America was an option too until 2-3 months ago but the economy is not good, maybe on 2021, but again nothing is signed yet.

Any chance of a concert in Hawaii since they will be in Pacific?

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: September 10, 2019 07:37

Heard today Sydney Melbourne and Brisbane solid for Australia

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: September 10, 2019 08:48

Deathgod
Heard today Sydney Melbourne and Brisbane solid for Australia

Bugga....lucky I am a travel agent being based in Perth then!

Rod

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: September 10, 2019 09:36

I took a great trip to Sydney Australia and some places in Asia a few months ago I can’t wait to return again next year.

Nate

Posted by: ukcal ()
Date: September 10, 2019 10:57

2023??? would Mick be 80 and how old would Charlie be (83).....or is Ringo's son being lined up as the WHO slow down as well

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: September 10, 2019 11:27

Hopefully No Brexit!

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 10, 2019 11:48

Nate
JumpinJeppeFlash

Nate

Quite the contrary. The stands are going through those ugly T-shirts like butter!

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: September 11, 2019 23:55

I'm really interested in what cities they will play other than the usual Australia/NZ/Tokyo. Singapore would be really nice in my opinion, they have a great looking stadium.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: September 11, 2019 23:59

WelshEdge1
I'm really interested in what cities they will play other than the usual Australia/NZ/Tokyo. Singapore would be really nice in my opinion, they have a great looking stadium.

'follow the money´ since their throat is very deep…

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: September 12, 2019 00:16

I find I have lost interest in this question.
On the No Filter tour, I was curious to see if men in their mid-70s could still put on a rock and roll oldies show. Now that I see they can do that, what's the interest in seeing them continue to do it.

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: September 12, 2019 00:27

wonderboy
On the No Filter tour, I was curious to see if men in their mid-70s could still put on a rock and roll oldies show. Now that I see they can do that, what's the interest in seeing them continue to do it.
Well if the only reason to see a show was to fufill your curiosity then I guess mission accomplished but why do you assume thats why other people went or want to continue to go?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-12 00:30 by Ket.

Date: September 12, 2019 00:36

wonderboy

Keith: "We haven’t finished yet. It’s still too early for me to talk about the Stones’ legacy. There’s one thing that we haven’t yet achieved, and that’s to really find out how long you can do this. It’s still such a joy to play with this band that you can’t really let go of it." - (25-Feb-2018) -- [www.Facebook.com] .

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: September 12, 2019 00:37

Ket
wonderboy
Well if the only reason to see a show was to fufill your curiosity then I guess mission accomplished but why do you assume thats why other people went or want to continue to go?

People love the band and some love to see this type of show. Good for them. I just don't see the point. There are no new songs, no new arrangements. Back in their prime, every tour was different. Going to see the Stones now is like seeing Sinatra in the final days.
To a certain extent, I respect they can still play an old fashioned, rock and roll show. My question was rhetorical -- now that I know they can do it, there's nothing more to see.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: September 12, 2019 03:46

You know that they can still play... for now. When they come around next time, you wouldn't know: can they still pull it off? You'll have to look for yourself

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 12, 2019 04:57

Nikkei
You know that they can still play... for now. When they come around next time, you wouldn't know: can they still pull it off? You'll have to look for yourself

There's a good chance they'll be playing 'better than ever'! smiling smiley

Wonderboy has a valid point, but this recent leg of No Filter was thrilling for a variety of reasons.
Would be great if they had a new album out before the next leg, but not holding my breath. And even if they did, they'd only play maybe one or two from it...maybe three...and not all on the same night.

Here's to the continuation of No Filter - the Greatest Show on Earth! thumbs up

Date: September 12, 2019 05:34

wonderboy
Ket
wonderboy

People love the band and some love to see this type of show. Good for them. I just don't see the point. There are no new songs, no new arrangements. Back in their prime, every tour was different. Going to see the Stones now is like seeing Sinatra in the final days.
To a certain extent, I respect they can still play an old fashioned, rock and roll show. My question was rhetorical -- now that I know they can do it, there's nothing more to see.

Maybe you don’t need to see it. But to feel it is like nothing else. That’s why I go to feel it.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: September 12, 2019 07:05

georgelicks
mailexile67
My prediction:

How difficult it must be for a live band to record a dozen new songs.

Posted by: tommycharles ()
Date: September 12, 2019 08:07

Even if the show is much the same as 14, it will be nice for Japan to get the acoustic set and the No Filter stage. The '14-'16 one was their least interesting presentation of the last decade or so.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 84

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1690
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home