Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 84
Re: What's next, after No Filter???
Posted by: PalaisRoyale ()
Date: August 25, 2019 16:10

I know everyone has a wish list. Personally, I would like to see them stick around North America with some added Canadian shows. Perhaps with some new material.
Given the original tour delay, this will probably be the last true summer tour unless they enjoyed travelling and playing through the July/ August temps.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 25, 2019 16:29

PalaisRoyale
I know everyone has a wish list. Personally, I would like to see them stick around North America with some added Canadian shows. Perhaps with some new material.
Given the original tour delay, this will probably be the last true summer tour unless they enjoyed travelling and playing through the July/ August temps.

Would be nice...

More realistically, they very well could do another NA No Filter leg in the spring. Similar dates in April/May as this one was planned for would work nicely.
Vancouver, Edmonton, Regina, Toronto and Montreal perhaps mixed with some Zip Code cities like Buffalo, Detroit, San Diego etc. They split Europe into two legs, not outside the realm of possibilities... cool smiley

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: August 25, 2019 16:37

Why Not a Filter Tour? that way, the grounds don't mess up the coffee! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: August 25, 2019 16:46

Who knows just have to wait and see. I do know this year is finished with touring.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: August 25, 2019 16:48

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 25, 2019 19:30

As was mentioned, they did two legs of No Filter for Europe...the first focusing mainly on the European continent itself (mainly the western part),
and the second one focused solely on the England, Scotland, Wales, and Ireland, with a few random countries thrown in at the end - Germany, France, Czech Republic, and Poland.

Now considering the size of the US and Canada combined, coupled with the overall population - wouldn't it make sense for them to do a second leg in North America?
This fist leg has been absolutely great, and with the 100% rave reviews from fans and professional critics clearly the band is doing something right. Many who attended this leg would happily see them again (count me in), even if it entails a bit of traveling. And for those who might have been sitting on the fence and opted out for whatever reason (same setlists, Darryl is no Bill, they're too old, I don't like the venue, etc.)...well maybe the overall positive feedback will entice them to think twice and see the band while they're still HOT!

But then there's the momentum and age factor. After this leg, they'll be taking a long break that will easily go on past Christmas. They might even have second thoughts about carrying on doing more live shows, or maybe just one of them will hesitate - there's lots of variables going on, and everything needs to be aligned in able to pull it off properly. And then there's the supposed new album, but don't think that's a priority otherwise it might have been finished a long time ago.

At this point without any absolute word on the situation, the only thing left to do is ponder and speculate ( smiling smiley ), and I think a second North American leg is practically a given as of right now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-25 19:31 by Hairball.

Posted by: glimmertwinz ()
Date: August 25, 2019 21:32

I have not heard anything but a 2nd US leg does seem to make sense. I'll happily travel over from the UK for some shows.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: August 25, 2019 23:14

There was not really two European legs of the no filter tour there was the European shows in 2017 and then 2018 was the tour of the UK with a few shows in Europe added into that leg to make it financially viable.
You don’t have to be a detective to work out what’s likely next in the plan and if you follow these pages closely then you would already be dreaming about which great cities to visit next year.

Nate

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 26, 2019 00:08

Splittin' hairs for the sake of this argument tho.. winking smiley

No Filter 1 & 2 covered Europe and the UK..
No Filter 3 & 4 could very well cover US and then focus on Canada with stops in the US very similarly.

Agree most rumors don't speculate that as being the case, but a couple do cool smiley

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: August 26, 2019 01:05

Metallica opens the Chase center on September 6th 2019

1st whatever shows they do are great

2nd I have no “inside” knowledge

3rd short story I went to an “Eagles” concert on 5/24/15 in Las Vegas- I didn’t think it would be the last time I saw the “Eagles” but it was. Glen Frey went in for surgery later that year and never made it out of hospital even with the help of world experts. I heard the Eagles were planning to tour stadiums in 2016 but it never happened.

4th the math
Stadiums enable them to play to 3x the crowd at 3x less per ticket.
For example an arena is maybe 15,000+ a stadium is 45,000+ people
For arena ticket prices probably start about $225+ for stadiums ticket prices start at about $65+

5th in the USA with this tour they have hit most of the major markets and both coasts

for those internationally who might not be aware two major stadiums are currently under construction and planning to open next year around July 2020 in the USA. Both stadiums are likely to have a band open them up.

1. Los Angeles Stadium $5 billion usd
[en.wikipedia.org]

2. Las Vegas Stadium $1.8 billion usd
[en.wikipedia.org]
The Las Vegas Stadium is managed by the Rolling Stones promoter. The Rolling Stones did arena show in las vegas in 2016 at promoters new arena opening that year.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: August 26, 2019 01:14

Never tour again but release one more single as good as Honky Tonk Woman. winking smiley

Date: August 26, 2019 09:06

Do tour again, but yes, do in near future one great single like start me up or htw that will play everywhere.

Posted by: swaff ()
Date: August 28, 2019 04:01

Maybe Miami (the last show) might not even happen, and leave us all in limbo? If indeed true, then "No Filter" may never have an ending? Mind blown!!! Unless, of course for those of you who might say that "Glendale" was the end of No Filter. In any case time will tell. I just wanna Rawk!!!

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: August 28, 2019 04:36

Hairball
As was mentioned, they did two legs of No Filter for Europe...the first focusing mainly on the European continent itself (mainly the western part),
and the second one focused solely on the England, Scotland, Wales, and Ireland, with a few random countries thrown in at the end - Germany, France, Czech Republic, and Poland.

Now considering the size of the US and Canada combined, coupled with the overall population - wouldn't it make sense for them to do a second leg in North America?
This fist leg has been absolutely great, and with the 100% rave reviews from fans and professional critics clearly the band is doing something right. Many who attended this leg would happily see them again (count me in), even if it entails a bit of traveling. And for those who might have been sitting on the fence and opted out for whatever reason (same setlists, Darryl is no Bill, they're too old, I don't like the venue, etc.)...well maybe the overall positive feedback will entice them to think twice and see the band while they're still HOT!

But then there's the momentum and age factor. After this leg, they'll be taking a long break that will easily go on past Christmas. They might even have second thoughts about carrying on doing more live shows, or maybe just one of them will hesitate - there's lots of variables going on, and everything needs to be aligned in able to pull it off properly. And then there's the supposed new album, but don't think that's a priority otherwise it might have been finished a long time ago.

At this point without any absolute word on the situation, the only thing left to do is ponder and speculate ( smiling smiley ), and I think a second North American leg is practically a given as of right now.

Hi Hairball: I'm hoping that Australia is next. Check in every once-in-awhile after the tour. Sure would like to meet ya.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: August 28, 2019 04:43

Retire, nothing to prove

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 28, 2019 05:57

Finally explain what the hell is the significance of 'No Filter'? And why it keeps being called that. It's not like anything changed about the presentation, or setlist, to call it 'No Filter'.

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: August 28, 2019 06:35

24FPS
Finally explain what the hell is the significance of 'No Filter'? And why it keeps being called that. It's not like anything changed about the presentation, or setlist, to call it 'No Filter'.

When they started the NO FILTER TOUR in 2017, it presented a new stage design, the same one they're using right now. From what I've seen on videos (and being at the first New Jersey show), the video boards were made to look like iPhones. During the show, the screens/video are edited to have different 'FILTERS' change during each song throughout the show, making it look very artistic...like what you can do with your own pics and videos on your phone.

Another meaning of 'No Filter' is someone who says anything without consideration for the audience. Not sure if that definition applies here but I'm thinking it has more to do with the video screens showcasing filters like what an iPhone can do.

Posted by: erbissell ()
Date: August 28, 2019 07:33

After seeing Levi’s and Pasadena in person I have no reservations that this is a road ready and capable band firing on all cylinders. Dale Skjerseth alluded in an interview somewhere that they might have future plans with this current show. It makes sense, this stage and format is top notch and a well oiled machine. The focus is on the band and the production can easily be tweaked with just video, and there’s less risk than with the massive investment into the steel behemoths of the 90s and 00s.

There’s 32 teams/stadiums in the NFL and none are located in small towns, though some are in the same states or metropolitan areas as shows this year. But still they hit less than half this summer. There’s also definitely markets they didn’t hit this year that don’t have NFL teams that could definitely fill a stadium. I agree if the states get another run 2020 it will probably get some similar dates to zip code.

Dallas
Atlanta
Kansas City
Pittsburgh
Detroit
Orlando or Tampa
Indianapolis
San Diego
Salt Lake City
Oakland...?because I’m from the area and Levi’s sold well.
Vegas
Baltimore
Nashville
Portland

Personally though I’d love another South America run(maybe after a short states jaunt?!) it’s a bucket list item for me to see them in Argentina or Brazil.

My last minute attempt at Miami is looking grim due to the hurricane, airfare prices and ticket availability...fingers crossed for another great Stones summer 2020!!!

Posted by: erbissell ()
Date: August 28, 2019 07:40

24FPS

It’s a really common Instagram/social media hashtag (search: #nofilter)meaning “unadulterated” content, like a good photo as it was taken on the camera without one of the cheesy Instagram color filters or lux. Could be a jab at most of the other large touring acts that require so much computer programming to do their show, but the concept is that the show is raw audio signals without filters or effects straight from the mic’s and amps...clearly some filters on the visuals though.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 28, 2019 08:24

erbissell
24FPS

It’s a really common Instagram/social media hashtag (search: #nofilter)meaning “unadulterated” content, like a good photo as it was taken on the camera without one of the cheesy Instagram color filters or lux. Could be a jab at most of the other large touring acts that require so much computer programming to do their show, but the concept is that the show is raw audio signals without filters or effects straight from the mic’s and amps...clearly some filters on the visuals though.

I appreciate the explanations. They certainly use a LOT of filters and effects. And they do a LOT of computer programming. Sometimes it seems it's more about the show than the music.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: August 28, 2019 08:59

I say rent an isolated hall somewhere remote and get in there and learn how to play some other songs in the vast catalog, hire a concert session guitarist to help them to play those songs. Find a way to get Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor on board for any upcoming shows as full time musicians.

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: August 28, 2019 10:27

5 london shows and over! finish one last really good record.

Date: August 28, 2019 10:44

<And they do a LOT of computer programming>

The congas on SFTD and...?

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: August 28, 2019 13:51

I hope for more shows... in Europe...

But at least we'll have Exhibitionism in the Netherlands from october 2020

thumbs up

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: August 28, 2019 14:20

"No Album"

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: August 28, 2019 14:30

erbissell
After seeing Levi’s and Pasadena in person I have no reservations that this is a road ready and capable band firing on all cylinders. Dale Skjerseth alluded in an interview somewhere that they might have future plans with this current show. It makes sense, this stage and format is top notch and a well oiled machine. The focus is on the band and the production can easily be tweaked with just video, and there’s less risk than with the massive investment into the steel behemoths of the 90s and 00s.

There’s 32 teams/stadiums in the NFL and none are located in small towns, though some are in the same states or metropolitan areas as shows this year. But still they hit less than half this summer. There’s also definitely markets they didn’t hit this year that don’t have NFL teams that could definitely fill a stadium. I agree if the states get another run 2020 it will probably get some similar dates to zip code.

Dallas
Atlanta
Kansas City
Pittsburgh
Detroit
Orlando or Tampa
Indianapolis
San Diego
Salt Lake City
Oakland...?because I’m from the area and Levi’s sold well.
Vegas
Baltimore
Nashville
Portland

Personally though I’d love another South America run(maybe after a short states jaunt?!) it’s a bucket list item for me to see them in Argentina or Brazil.

My last minute attempt at Miami is looking grim due to the hurricane, airfare prices and ticket availability...fingers crossed for another great Stones summer 2020!!!

I don't think they will play stadiums in secondary markets twice within five years. With the 90's ticket prices they could play San Diego etc. every three years, but... However, Dallas might make sense. The ticket sales for the LV arena show(s) were worse than expected in 2016 if I remember correctly. Portland is pretty close to Seattle and Baltimore to Washington (which was by far not sold out this year according to bv's statistics). I think the US are saturated now more or less. Maybe ca. 5 shows each in Canada, USA and Mexico/South America would make sense. But I personally think they'll do Asia and Australia next year. By the way, North America had three years of full tours after 2012 (2013, 2015, 2019). The same with Europe (2014, 2017, 2018).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-28 16:58 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: August 29, 2019 03:25

I've been wondering if the official ties to the NFL, which goes back to 2006 and the Super Bowl, could bring more shows in North America next summer or fall...

Having The Stones be the first concert in the new Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas, and the new Inglewood Stadium at Hollywood Park in LA would be some serious publicity...

Add 2 gigs in Mexico City, and maybe repeat a couple cities from Zip Code that have new venues opened since 2015. Several other cities to round it out in the US and Canada, and it's another 15-17 gigs...

Inglewood, CA
Las Vegas
Salt Lake City
Vancouver
Edmonton
St. Louis
Green Bay
San Antonio
Mexico City
Atlanta
Tampa
Cleveland
Louisville
Toronto (proper)
Montreal
Foxborough
NYC

Maybe we will know more by November, just like last year?

Safe travels and enjoy the finale in Miami, everyone!

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: August 29, 2019 03:29

And I forgot the US Bank Stadium in Minneapolis...

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 29, 2019 03:31

KRiffhard
"No Album"

The "New album" thread should be retitled the "No album" thread. lol...

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 29, 2019 06:26

JordyLicks96
24FPS

When they started the NO FILTER TOUR in 2017, it presented a new stage design, the same one they're using right now. From what I've seen on videos (and being at the first New Jersey show), the video boards were made to look like iPhones. During the show, the screens/video are edited to have different 'FILTERS' change during each song throughout the show, making it look very artistic...like what you can do with your own pics and videos on your phone.

Another meaning of 'No Filter' is someone who says anything without consideration for the audience. Not sure if that definition applies here but I'm thinking it has more to do with the video screens showcasing filters like what an iPhone can do.

The set list has no filter on being a greatest hits show.

Said.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 84

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1198
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home