Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7
Re: Next From Vault release?
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 25, 2020 22:11

Erik_Snow
A DVD of Knebworth, along with CDs of El Mocambo; that would be a brilliant choice.

Yes Erik! Paris, despite being in the vaults in complete form (all 4 nights) has already been used for LYL. Plus it's not a bunch of really great perfs (that's an understatement).
So Knebworth (plus a double CD of El Mocambo) would be a better choice : what a setlist on this "From The Vaults" release!

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: February 25, 2020 22:20

dcba
Erik_Snow
A DVD of Knebworth, along with CDs of El Mocambo; that would be a brilliant choice.

Yes Erik! Paris, despite being in the vaults in complete form (all 4 nights) has already been used for LYL. Plus it's not a bunch of really great perfs (that's an understatement).
So Knebworth (plus a double CD of El Mocambo) would be a better choice : what a setlist on this "From The Vaults" release!

Can you guys please talk to the Stone's record people so they can get to work on this ASAP? Thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-25 22:21 by ryanpow.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 25, 2020 23:14

ryanpow
Can you guys please talk to the Stone's record people so they can get to work on this ASAP? Thanks.

Well VideoJames, the stones archivist, is an irregular contributor here, so...
Maybe he has a better option for a 76/77 release because he might have access to tapes we don't know about ( like vids of some German shows which overall were better than the ones in Paris?).

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: February 26, 2020 00:03

Erik_Snow
5strings
Knebworth 76 is Still a good One to be nominate.

Disaster of a show, but a very rocking disaster. So yes, that would be a good one, and maybe the only 1976 show they have on film, together with the Paris shows. A DVD of Knebworth, along with CDs of El Mocambo; that would be a brilliant choice.

Hi Erik,

Would love to see Knebworth, would bring back some great memories for me..

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 26, 2020 03:09

Erik_Snow
5strings

Disaster of a show, but a very rocking disaster. So yes, that would be a good one, and maybe the only 1976 show they have on film, together with the Paris shows. A DVD of Knebworth, along with CDs of El Mocambo; that would be a brilliant choice.

Isn't there a Wembley show from '76?

Posted by: matsumoto33 ()
Date: February 26, 2020 09:24

24FPS
Erik_Snow
5strings

Isn't there a Wembley show from '76?

Earl’s Court, I think...

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 27, 2020 06:40

ryanpow
basti
I hope for the HBO Show New York MSG from 2003
nah, this is already on four flicks. It's a good show but we've already got it.

They supposedly filmed the previous show (1-16-2003) in case of a screw up. The HBO show's 2 Keith songs are different from the 16th - Slipping Away, BTMMR vs Thru And Thru, Happy.

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: February 27, 2020 07:04

GasLightStreet
ryanpow
basti
I hope for the HBO Show New York MSG from 2003
nah, this is already on four flicks. It's a good show but we've already got it.

They supposedly filmed the previous show (1-16-2003) in case of a screw up. The HBO show's 2 Keith songs are different from the 16th - Slipping Away, BTMMR vs Thru And Thru, Happy.

Yup, there is a bootleg proshot video of the previous nights show

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: November 12, 2020 06:19

Dear Eagle Rock,

Now that you've got Atlantic City 1989 out of the way, can we please have these three? They are sitting in your vault -- complete shows -- in beautiful soundboard and decent 4:3 standard video. Yes, I can dream about a Winterland 73 release where the video from Bill Graham's in house closed circuit camera gets found in someone's basement. Or better yet, how about a complete El Mocambo 1977 box? Ok now back to reality...get these done and take my money.

Thank you
A Rolling Stones Fan

Double Door 1997 - 2 Disc Set 1 DVD/1 CD, 4:3BLURAY/CD
A true club (less than 500) show with the band storming through a 70 minute set in a Chicago bar just before the official start of the B2B tour. They had done a club show in Toronto the week prior but that one had an MTV/Media/PR tie in. This one was done strictly for fun and as a favor from Michael Cohl to Jam Productions boss and friend Arny Granat. A no brainer release.

Knebworth 1976 - 4 Disc Set 2 DVD/2CD, 4:3BLURAY/CD
I don't want to argue about this one. True, it wasn't the best night for the band performance wise, so let's get that out of the way. But it was one of the longest shows they ever performed, the set list is insane, and the crowd energy is strong. This was the end of a certain version of the touring ensemble from the drugged out 1970s runs. Strictly as a historical document of the time period it's another no brainer.

St Louis 1997 - 4 Disc Set 2 DVD/2CD, 4:3BLURAY/CD
It boggles my mind how the Voodoo PPV got the remaster rerelease treatment before this beauty. The decisions in cutting certain songs on the official releases are still baffling. The Last Time appears on the official No Security live album but it was left off the DVD? Why? Yes, most of us have this in full on old VHS and bootleg CDs from the original PPV. Still it would be nice to get this cleaned up and complete. I thought this was on the docket already? Possibly rights issues with all the guest stars? Maybe it is slated for official rerelease and I haven't been paying attention.

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: November 12, 2020 06:37

I agree
smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-11-12 06:48 by mariano.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: November 12, 2020 08:19

I would love to be the one at Eagle Rock who got that missive just so I could roll my eyes and plunk it right into the wastebasket. "they are sitting in your vault..."...Ha Ha Ha Ha. Right. Next...

jb

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 12, 2020 08:56

Hopefully more studio leftovers. Mick said there's a bunch and that they should come out when he was on about GHS. If they're going to stop with the live releases might as well put out the leftover studio tracks.

Posted by: caoutchouc ()
Date: November 12, 2020 11:10

The fanatstique performance of Glastonbury could be a good choice too, I think.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: November 12, 2020 12:53

caoutchouc
The fanatstique performance of Glastonbury could be a good choice too, I think.

THIS

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 12, 2020 15:00

Dear Eagle Rock

Please, no St Louis 1997 show, or the likes.

Thank you

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: November 12, 2020 15:06

Erik_Snow
Dear Eagle Rock

Thank you

thumbs up

I think we've got more than enough releases from the "Rolling Stones Orchestra" already. Please focus on the real band from now on, dear Eagle Rock.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-11-12 15:09 by retired_dog.

Date: November 12, 2020 15:27

retired_dog
Erik_Snow
Dear Eagle Rock

Thank you

thumbs up

I think we've got more than enough releases from the "Rolling Stones Orchestra" already. Please focus on the real band from now on, dear Eagle Rock.

There will at least be three releases, spanning the 1997-2005 period, but we can always pretend the press release doesn't exist smiling smiley

Dear Eagle Rock, don't ignore the 1960s – more of the real Rolling Stones, please!

Goto Page: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1227
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home