Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7
Re: Next From Vault release?
Posted by: jacktheflash ()
Date: February 5, 2020 16:16

Side 4 of Love You Live has part of that show. I believe there are audience tape(s) of the show too...but no Official Release.

Posted by: jacktheflash ()
Date: February 5, 2020 16:22

That's what I'm in for....1972 tour shows. There are soundboards of a number of them and we know there is a lot of footage somewhere. This nonsense of waiting 30 years or more to release this stuff is ridiculous. Many fans want this material now...not 10 years from now.

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: February 5, 2020 21:44

jacktheflash
That's what I'm in for....1972 tour shows. There are soundboards of a number of them and we know there is a lot of footage somewhere. This nonsense of waiting 30 years or more to release this stuff is ridiculous. Many fans want this material now...not 10 years from now.

It's more like 50 years - but it feels like a 100! One thing is that it would be fun to have something more from the golden age, but considering how all "from the vault" recordings sound bad mixed/produced, I'm sceptical. Affraid I'd get disapointed. You know the hype has been building for many decades...How can it live up to what many of us dream of? IMO one of the only chanses for a real gem is to get something that was already a finished product back in the year it was recorded like the tracks fom MSG '69 or Altamont.

Date: February 5, 2020 22:25

<but considering how all "from the vault" recordings sound bad mixed/produced, I'm sceptical>
While technically not a FTV-release, we got The Brussels Affair, beautifully mixed.

Date: February 5, 2020 22:49

DandelionPowderman

While technically not a FTV-release, we got The Brussels Affair, beautifully mixed.

I wouldn't say beautifully mixed, but most of it is pretty god I must admit. Don't like the compressed drums though, and I bet Charlie hates it if he ever bothered to listen.. The absolute worst mix is Texas '78. -No guitar sound at all! La Friday '75 is IMO better on the audience bootleg. Compressed drums and lack of instruments like Billy Prestons keyboard is a very bad judgement. The official recording totally destroys Ronnies solo on GS with his excellent trading with Billy...

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 5, 2020 22:50

DandelionPowderman

For the most part. I have better bass on Dancin' With Mr. D on bootleg.

Date: February 5, 2020 23:29

24FPS
DandelionPowderman

Yeah, especially the London shows have great sound. The mix that Jagger made around '87 for a radio broadcast with more horns is great!

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: February 5, 2020 23:56

S.T.P
jacktheflash

It's more like 50 years - but it feels like a 100! One thing is that it would be fun to have something more from the golden age, but considering how all "from the vault" recordings sound bad mixed/produced, I'm sceptical. Affraid I'd get disapointed. You know the hype has been building for many decades...How can it live up to what many of us dream of? IMO one of the only chanses for a real gem is to get something that was already a finished product back in the year it was recorded like the tracks from MSG '69 or Altamont.

Maybe not technically FTV but now that ABKCO released the 2 MSG 1969 mono boards I am rooting for a 50th box set this year of all 3 MSG shows and maybe even Baltimore. Add in more of the Maysles video footage from the MSG shows and it would be an epic boxset.

I am guessing this would require ABKCO work with the Stones on something like this but I can always dream

Posted by: gastonl74 ()
Date: February 6, 2020 01:07

Altamont serìa un lanzamiento espectacular!

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: February 6, 2020 02:59

>Altamont serìa un lanzamiento espectacular!

I'm not sure, but if that means "Altamont, it ain't never gonna happen", then I agree with you!

Honestly, it was the worst day of their lives, or close to it. No one official is going to want to celebrate that with any kind of release.

Then again, there was Gimme Shelter. So maybe...

jb

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: February 6, 2020 03:15

Anything pre 1978 would be great!

Date: February 6, 2020 10:28

S.T.P
DandelionPowderman

I wouldn't say beautifully mixed, but most of it is pretty god I must admit. Don't like the compressed drums though, and I bet Charlie hates it if he ever bothered to listen.. The absolute worst mix is Texas '78. -No guitar sound at all! La Friday '75 is IMO better on the audience bootleg. Compressed drums and lack of instruments like Billy Prestons keyboard is a very bad judgement. The official recording totally destroys Ronnies solo on GS with his excellent trading with Billy...

We will never get a vault release where they invest this much time and effort on the mix again. That is evident from the other releases that followed.

Disagree strongly about Live In Texas. The CD might sound a little "brutal", but the vinyl sounds excellent. No guitar sound, are you kidding? grinning smiley

Date: February 6, 2020 10:29

S.T.P
24FPS
DandelionPowderman

Yeah, especially the London shows have great sound. The mix that Jagger made around '87 for a radio broadcast with more horns is great!

Great sound, but a bad mix. The guitars are wandering in and out of channels - a complete mess in places.

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: February 6, 2020 13:43

I'm still hoping for releases from 1973 (Europe), 1969/70, El Mocambo and some Urban Jungle concert. Or even a "Berlin 1990" with snippets from both Urban Jungle (June 06) and Steel Wheels (August 13/14) concerts ...
Paris '76 is also on its way, I guess

Date: February 6, 2020 14:33

delete duplicate post

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-06 22:41 by oldschool.

Date: February 6, 2020 14:38

DandelionPowderman
S.T.P
DandelionPowderman

We will never get a vault release where they invest this much time and effort on the mix again. That is evident from the other releases that followed.

Disagree strongly about Live In Texas. The CD might sound a little "brutal", but the vinyl sounds excellent. No guitar sound, are you kidding? grinning smiley

Was listening to the FTV Texas 78 in my car the other day, which has a decent system, and it is so compressed they sucked the life out of it IMHO.

I much prefer the Handsome Girls bootleg which is warm and well balanced.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: February 6, 2020 14:44

oldschool
DandelionPowderman
S.T.P
DandelionPowderman

Was listening to the FTV Texas 78 in my car the other day, which has a decent system, and it is so compressed they sucked the life out of it IMHO.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: February 6, 2020 14:45

Whale
oldschool
DandelionPowderman
S.T.P
DandelionPowderman

I ripped the sound of the DVD and burned a CD of it. Then it sounds much better.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: February 6, 2020 14:51

Time for a new release

Posted by: boogaloojef ()
Date: February 6, 2020 21:09

Well,at the tour press conference it was mentioned that they are working on a Goats Head Soup reissue (Super Deluxe Edition?). Not exactly a From The Vault release but still the possibility of material from the vault.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-06 21:09 by boogaloojef.

Date: February 6, 2020 22:48

DandelionPowderman
S.T.P
24FPS
DandelionPowderman

Great sound, but a bad mix. The guitars are wandering in and out of channels - a complete mess in places.
Forgot about the guitars. Long time since I've listened to this mix.

Date: February 6, 2020 22:58

DandelionPowderman
S.T.P
DandelionPowderman

Well, I've only streamed it once, and I concluded that the bootleg was far superior. To me it was obvious that the mix lacked power. Anyway the Memphis show is the real deal. The version of TD from Memphis is IMO the best ever!

Date: February 7, 2020 05:03

Is the Some Girls DVD mixed different than the accompanying CD?

Because I have watched the DVD but haven't checked the CD...but the sound was great on the DVD from what I noticed, played over a normal big system.

jb

Posted by: erad ()
Date: February 7, 2020 05:13

I have the bootleg 'No Flash No Gimmicks' of the Texas '78 show, it sounds excellent!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 7, 2020 06:48

jbwelda
Is the Some Girls DVD mixed different than the accompanying CD?

Because I have watched the DVD but haven't checked the CD...but the sound was great on the DVD from what I noticed, played over a normal big system.

jb

I thought it sounded OK.

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: February 7, 2020 14:21

jbwelda
>Altamont serìa un lanzamiento espectacular!

I'm not sure, but if that means "Altamont, it ain't never gonna happen", then I agree with you!

Honestly, it was the worst day of their lives, or close to it. No one official is going to want to celebrate that with any kind of release.

Then again, there was Gimme Shelter. So maybe...

jb

Google Translater says: Altamont would be a spectacular launch

Date: February 7, 2020 23:22

Spectacular in someones eyes or not, it just ain't gonna happen unless Bears Sonic Journals sneaks it out

jb

Date: February 7, 2020 23:58

jbwelda
Spectacular in someones eyes or not, it just ain't gonna happen unless Bears Sonic Journals sneaks it out

jb

I don't know...maybe they don't whant to. But the fact is that there is not much film of the Stones from their heydays and as far as we know, it might be one of, (if not the only) show that is filmed in its entirety from this periode. The commercial value must be pretty good. Also it will contribute to their legasy as a anti-establishment rock'n roll band. I'd say it might be possiblecool smiley

Date: February 8, 2020 01:36

S.T.P
jbwelda

jb

I don't know...maybe they don't whant to. But the fact is that there is not much film of the Stones from their heydays and as far as we know, it might be one of, (if not the only) show that is filmed in its entirety from this periode. The commercial value must be pretty good. Also it will contribute to their legasy as a anti-establishment rock'n roll band. I'd say it might be possiblecool smiley

Not as long as Sir Mick is alive IMHO. Too much bad JuJu associated with that event.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: February 23, 2020 01:40

Re: Some Girls Live...I hadn't played/listened to this one in while until I put on the Live In Texas album that's on Spotify while driving around. It's been thoroughly enjoyable. This show holds up well even without the visual component.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-23 01:41 by ryanpow.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1762
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home