Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7
Re: Next From Vault release?
Date: January 1, 2020 20:04

jbwelda
well not much to hold our collective breaths for, then.

jb

Atlantic City is great, though. Misspelled as "Atlanta 89" in the press release.

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: January 1, 2020 20:11

it's could be atlanta 81, the first one with chuck .......

just a number wrong.

Date: January 1, 2020 20:42

mariano
it's could be atlanta 81, the first one with chuck .......

just a number wrong.

The other shows are/were pay per views, known shows and previous releases that they can re-sell with some bonus material added. I doubt they'll release an obscure show from the 89-tour. But who knows...

Posted by: bam ()
Date: January 1, 2020 21:03

I was at that United Center September 2002 show. That was a great show.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: January 3, 2020 03:57

>Atlantic City is great, though.

yeah I agree, but its in pretty common circulation though, isn't it?

maybe they will throw some extra stuff on there somehow though.

personally I would really love to have at least audio of Capitol Theatre, Passaic NJ 78, "out on bail". Video would be out of this world but clean dynamic audio would suffice.

That, El Mocambo video, or even the LA club show of a few years ago.

actually, stones and barbarians from blind date in video would be kool too, if such exists (and I would think for that it would, seeing as how it was a "special" show).

But instead...

I do have to say I appreciate their vault releases, that Some Girls set is fantastic and the Ladies and Gentlemen etc well worth having out finally. I wish they would concentrate more on that era but I realize source material might be slim and of course there is the Abkco problem. I am a bit tired of all the stadium shows though, have to admit.

jb

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: January 3, 2020 10:28

Bashlets
i’d Enjoy an Urban Jungle in which the show starts out in day light. Barcelona 1990 I’ve always enjoyed

thumbs up Me too.

Date: January 3, 2020 11:20

Spud
Bashlets
i’d Enjoy an Urban Jungle in which the show starts out in day light. Barcelona 1990 I’ve always enjoyed

thumbs up Me too.

The tv-concert? It's a good show, but the guitars are remarkably clean-sounding, aren't they?

Date: January 3, 2020 17:18

I'll have to dig out the old VCR tape grinning smiley

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: January 3, 2020 19:55

If Universal and The Stones choose to have the mastering to be good instead of brickwalling it far too much and harsh sounding, you know, that it sounds decent so you can spin the cd or vinyl with good sound, every vault release and certainly Atlantic City '89 will be a winner.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: January 3, 2020 20:06

barbabang
If Universal and The Stones choose to have the mastering to be good instead of brickwalling it far too much and harsh sounding, you know, that it sounds decent so you can spin the cd or vinyl with good sound, every vault release and certainly Atlantic City '89 will be a winner.
The problem with Atlantic City'89 is - it was issued, re-issued, re-worked, re-mastered, re-packed so many times by bootleggers that the only way to sell it would be Mick in person (as Mr. Postman) delivers orders to members of this board. And even in that case some will be unhappy because the release is delivered w/o free Japanese bonus tracks, pizza & beer.

Posted by: glimmertwin1 ()
Date: January 3, 2020 22:57

barbabang

Indeed! smileys with beer

I stopped buying since the over the top mastered Talk is cheap (a real bummer).

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: January 4, 2020 00:05

ironbelly
barbabang
The problem with Atlantic City'89 is - it was issued, re-issued, re-worked, re-mastered, re-packed so many times by bootleggers that the only way to sell it would be Mick in person (as Mr. Postman) delivers orders to members of this board. And even in that case some will be unhappy because the release is delivered w/o free Japanese bonus tracks, pizza & beer.
This is why a full uncut version of Barcelona 1990 would also be a winner

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: January 4, 2020 00:54

ironbelly
barbabang

So? The Stones own the actual videotape and soundboard. It's never been issued officially. Have to give it a chance. I for one avoid the bootlegs so I can see it in good quality.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: January 4, 2020 01:15

ironbelly

I have several versions (though possibly not all) of Atlantic City'89 but all of them are based on audience recordings in the same places, so I guess there is no complete SBD or preFM in circulation. This alone would make an official release worthwhile.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: January 4, 2020 03:37

you know I have to eat crow on this one then, I thought they had already released atlantic city 89 officially, I guess I was assuming since it was a ppv (wasn't it?) they would have put it out by now. But if not, I am all for the official release. Long ago when I was buying boots I always promised (someone, myself?) that if official versions ever came out I would buy them. I try to still support that notion.

jb

Date: January 4, 2020 10:16

glimmertwin1
barbabang

You must have gotten a flawed copy... My vinyl from the box set sounds fantastic.

Date: January 4, 2020 11:09

I get that .

For me, the remastered TIC lacks a bit of subtlety and feel compared to the original vinyl.

Posted by: glimmertwin1 ()
Date: January 4, 2020 11:25

DandelionPowderman
glimmertwin1
barbabang

You must have gotten a flawed copy... My vinyl from the box set sounds fantastic.

No doubt the overpriced vinyl sounds better.

Date: January 4, 2020 14:55

barbabang

thumbs up

Trouble is that too few folks...even of those buying vinyl... really know or care enough about these mastering and sound quality issues.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: January 5, 2020 00:56

jbwelda
>Atlantic City is great, though.

yeah I agree, but its in pretty common circulation though, isn't it?

maybe they will throw some extra stuff on there somehow though.

personally I would really love to have at least audio of Capitol Theatre, Passaic NJ 78, "out on bail". Video would be out of this world but clear. dynamic audio would suffice.

That, El Mocambo video, or even the LA club show of a few years ago.

actually, stones and barbarians from blind date in video would be kool too, if such exists (and I would think for that it would, seeing as how it was a "special" show).

But instead...

I do have to say I appreciate their vault releases, that Some Girls set is fantastic and the Ladies and Gentlemen etc well worth having out finally. I wish they would concentrate more on that era but I realize source material might be slim and of course there is the Abkco problem. I am a bit tired of all the stadium shows though, have to admit.

jb

I got a boot from Detroit 78_ awesome sound, very clear.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-05 00:58 by babyblue.

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: January 5, 2020 08:31

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 6, 2020 01:12

jbwelda
you know I have to eat crow on this one then, I thought they had already released atlantic city 89 officially, I guess I was assuming since it was a ppv (wasn't it?) they would have put it out by now. But if not, I am all for the official release. Long ago when I was buying boots I always promised (someone, myself?) that if official versions ever came out I would buy them. I try to still support that notion.

jb

There are 2 songs on FLASHPOINT from Atlantic City - Sad Sad Sad and Little Red Rooster. A complete album would be excellent... if it's not brickwalled, of course. I have it on cassette from the simulcast on FM radio, which I put on CD, or parts of it, and, aside from the slightly distorted sound, it sounds awesome, probably the livest live show I've ever heard through speakers.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: January 6, 2020 03:33

Something interesting from 69 or the seventies

Posted by: JMARCOU ()
Date: January 6, 2020 18:05

Urban jungle DVD !!!

Date: January 6, 2020 19:41

GasLightStreet
jbwelda

jb

There are 2 songs on FLASHPOINT from Atlantic City - Sad Sad Sad and Little Red Rooster. A complete album would be excellent... if it's not brickwalled, of course. I have it on cassette from the simulcast on FM radio, which I put on CD, or parts of it, and, aside from the slightly distorted sound, it sounds awesome, probably the livest live show I've ever heard through speakers.
Well...
Sticky Fingers Live At The Fonda Theatre - Official DR value: DR6
No Security San Jose 99 (CD1)/(CD2) - Official DR value: DR7/DR7
Bridges To Bremen (CD1)/(CD2) - Official DR value: DR6/DR5
Bridges To Buenos Aires (CD1)/(CD2) - Official DR value: DR6/DR5
Voodoo Lounge in Japan 1995 (CD1)/(CD2) - Official DR value: DR8/DR8

Do you really think the next release will not be brickwalled?

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: January 7, 2020 22:24

An updated 1962 - 2020 stats. vault release would be the greatest release of all time

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: January 12, 2020 22:35

Update drinking smiley

Posted by: lucajl ()
Date: January 31, 2020 13:22

Anything on what and when the next release will come out?

Date: January 31, 2020 13:49

lucajl
New album that is in recording process since 2014. It is already antique and will fill perfectly in the set of Vault releases.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 31, 2020 16:10

lucajl

Check regularly [www.fsk.de] and [bbfc.co.uk] for updates ....

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1689
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home