Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7
Re: Next From Vault release?
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 20, 2019 16:53

IrelandCalling4
A show from 1970 would be great on CD.

They did record the Paris shows with the Mobile but the tapes were useless as some part of recording gear bought by stu was faulty.
Did they have the time to fix this and send the Mobile to another stop of the tour (Germany for example?)

Posted by: rovalle ()
Date: August 20, 2019 16:58

why what else but celebrate the 50th Anniversary of Altamont...actually a redone 1969 box with a couple of complete shows and complete sets from BB and Ike & Tina plus Terry Reid....

Posted by: GivenToFly15 ()
Date: August 20, 2019 17:10

JumpinJeppeFlash
A club or Arena show from Licks Tour 2002 would be great!

I also second that! The Wiltern, maybe?

The UMG deal mentionned something about that, too. But I have never understood if it was supposed to be a part of the "From the Vault" series or not.

Date: August 20, 2019 17:13

GivenToFly15
JumpinJeppeFlash

The UMG deal mentionned something about that, too. But I have never understood if it was supposed to be a part of the "From the Vault" series or not.

Four Flicks "Uncut", wasn't it?

Posted by: zgredzik ()
Date: August 20, 2019 17:15

I would like to see something from No Filter, really. I think it is a really great tour and some of European concerts could be released. But don't know if any was recorded with professional equipment, like Havana etc.

Date: August 20, 2019 17:22

zgredzik
I would like to see something from No Filter, really. I think it is a really great tour and some of European concerts could be released. But don't know if any was recorded with professional equipment, like Havana etc.

I think most of their shows are recorded these days.

We got some good ones from No Filter on Honk, though.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: August 20, 2019 17:29

DandelionPowderman
zgredzik

Every show is recorded.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 20, 2019 18:21

rovalle
what else but celebrate the 50th Anniversary of Altamont...

I'd venture to say it's a show that'll never be revisited. Bad vibes, bad memories (the only stone show where Mick was actually scared) etc.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: August 20, 2019 19:13

GivenToFly15
JumpinJeppeFlash

I would love to see an officially released Atlantic City 89 show (as they were particularly hot on that PPV show) along with extras. But as long as we are on the subject, I think that more smaller venues released from the Licks tour would be awesome Vault choices- in particular the Wiltern set- from what I can remember video snippets (Bitch?) were included on the Four Flicks set.

Date: August 20, 2019 19:51

We will see an official Atlantic City apparently. Just not before the forthcoming Bridges to Buenos Aires...

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: August 20, 2019 19:52

JumpinJeppeFlash
DandelionPowderman
zgredzik

Every show is recorded.

Take sweet summer sun and honk for the "rare" tunes.
No need for "no filter"

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: August 21, 2019 00:32

Was anything filmed in good/ok quality in 1973?

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: August 21, 2019 00:35

Id love to see Paris 1976, Uncut versions of Babylon, Flicks, Bang.

Something from 2014 (with Bobby)

A No Filter show.

Knebworth 1976.

Some 60s stuff.

Circus Krone 2003?
Posted by: DocChill ()
Date: August 21, 2019 11:57

GivenToFly15
JumpinJeppeFlash

...why not Circus Krone, 8th June 2003... I loved it so much! One song is available on Four Flicks (it's not the Olympia, as mentioned)...

video: [www.youtube.com]

...the band was on fire hot smiley !!! I know that there are many bootlegs available... but a "Krone Uncut" as Blu Ray... that would be so great smoking smiley !!!

Posted by: novica ()
Date: August 21, 2019 12:08

JumpinJeppeFlash
...or 2003 ?
Paris Bercy would be Grrrrrreat ! smileys with beer

Re: Circus Krone 2003?
Date: August 21, 2019 12:57

DocChill
GivenToFly15
JumpinJeppeFlash

...why not Circus Krone, 8th June 2003... I loved it so much! One song is available on Four Flicks (it's not the Olympia, as mentioned)...

...the band was on fire hot smiley !!! I know that there are many bootlegs available... but a "Krone Uncut" as Blu Ray... that would be so great smoking smiley !!!

According to the high-quality video I've seen the band was sloppy. However, everybody I know who were there said it was a great show smiling smiley

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: August 21, 2019 13:05

I'm one of those people, haha. Realistically there were mistakes I didn't notice at the show. Like most of us I suppose I was caught up in the moment. Come to think of it I would say these type shows are full of sloppiness compared to the warhorse arena shows. Maybe that's part of the reason why they don't do many? That's my perspective. All things considered they could do some overdubs and make any show great.

Posted by: lucajl ()
Date: August 21, 2019 14:17

That would be great, a club gig or arena show from 2003! There are a lot of suggestions, but to my original question, what's coming next, nobody seems to know what is really coming next..

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-21 14:21 by lucajl.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 21, 2019 14:30

lucajl

There are a lot of suggestions, but to my original question, what's coming next, nobody seems to know what is really coming next..

What is really coming next: [iorr.org] .

Date: August 21, 2019 15:33

Buenos Aires has been mentioned before in this thread. However will it really be a From the Vault release? Bremen, Miami were not. Whatever...

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: August 21, 2019 16:29

dcba
rovalle
what else but celebrate the 50th Anniversary of Altamont...

I'd venture to say it's a show that'll never be revisited. Bad vibes, bad memories (the only stone show where Mick was actually scared) etc.
+1

Date: August 21, 2019 16:31

DocChill
GivenToFly15
JumpinJeppeFlash

+1 , and I agree 100% the Stones were on fire and played such a great show and setlist for that show as well

Date: August 21, 2019 16:34

frankotero
I'm one of those people, haha. Realistically there were mistakes I didn't notice at the show. Like most of us I suppose I was caught up in the moment. Come to think of it I would say these type shows are full of sloppiness compared to the warhorse arena shows. Maybe that's part of the reason why they don't do many? That's my perspective. All things considered they could do some overdubs and make any show great.
I have a different perspective where I want to view and listen to a Stones show with worts and mistakes because that makes it real to me , versus something that is doctored up .

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: August 22, 2019 09:33

Nothing but El Mocambo, the complete New York Shows 1969 and the rest of the five LA's 1975.

Posted by: micawber ()
Date: August 22, 2019 09:56

I second that!
Was there, second row arena - for me the greatest gig ever of the 59 I attended.

Date: August 22, 2019 13:54

regardless of what they give us I still will buy it !

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: August 22, 2019 14:42

frankotero

I've never minded a few overdubs or edits to hide the bloopers ...because as frankotero says...you don't much notice them on the night and they're gone in a flash.

But you do notice them when you hear them over and over again on the record .

It wouldn't be very practical however to now start overdubbing the 40 & 50 year old recordings .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-22 14:44 by Spud.

Posted by: soundboard ()
Date: August 22, 2019 15:17

Passiac, NJ, 1978?

I searched the board but did not find any info - Did anyone ever hear if Stones Video was recorded on the in house video system at the Capitol Theater in Passiac, NJ 1978? The soundboard audio is on the Garden State 78 boot.

Video quality may not be there for a Vault release, and probably black and white if it exists - just curious cause there is in house video of other bands from before and after the Stones played there (the Dead, The Clash) and seems like everyone on this thread has lots of info..

Thanks,
Soundboard

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: August 22, 2019 15:40

There's a few latter day tours which should still be covered in the vault series:

1989-tour, preferably a show with long setlist.
1999-European tour with Bridges To Babylon-stage, maybe Landgraaf or Wembley.
2002-Licks tour arena or/and theatre show.
2003-Licks tour theatre/club show, maybe Enmore theatre or Cirkus.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: August 24, 2019 21:10

JumpinJeppeFlash

All 3 Munich shows were pro shot and the boot of Circus Krone is much more watchable then the 4 Flicks Paris.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1911
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home