Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2627282930313233343536Next
Current Page: 32 of 36
Re: OT: NFL 2019
Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: January 17, 2020 19:34

I thought Ricky Williams was heavy into marijuana and even went to SE Asia or elsewhere to join a marijuana society. The he joined the Dolphins and had a couple of up and down years performance -wise. I remember he had a high voice (no pun).

Date: January 18, 2020 00:43

Good News For Clemson - RB Etienne n even quotes Matthew 16:26

“What will it profit a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul?” #ALLIN"

[www.espn.com]

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 18, 2020 02:22

Date: January 18, 2020 02:26

Mc Henry is a person one would not want to have an unfriendly encounter.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 18, 2020 03:14

crholmstrom
GasLightStreet
The Saints won't give away draft choices to get Burrow. Everyone remembers what happened with Ricky Williams and the bust that he was. And the bust that Dikta was. And the bust that Bill Kuharich was.

wonder if coach ditka ever torched one up with ricky. could help with the explosive temper issue. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

That is too funny. Ha ha. I could see... encouraging Ricky to burn one just to get him to eat a steak...

Date: January 18, 2020 04:32

Bobby Knight should have smoked some - he used to throw chairs at IU B-ball games.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-18 13:12 by Chris Fountain.

Date: January 18, 2020 09:54

Chris Fountain
Good News For Clemson - RB Etienne n even quotes Matthew 16:26

“What will it profit a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul?” #ALLIN"

[www.espn.com]

Clemson got their asses handed to them by the best team in the SEC, which makes the rest of college football a joke. What LSU did in 2019-20 is truly amazing - but it's already been torn apart.

Date: January 18, 2020 13:12

Please keep in mind that this was not the same Clemson team as last year, which demolished Alabama.

Date: January 19, 2020 02:14

Chris Fountain
Please keep in mind that this was not the same Clemson team as last year, which demolished Alabama.

True. But the 2019/20 LSU most likely would've handled that 2018/19 team about the same. They were resilient all the time.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: January 19, 2020 03:57

GasLightStreet
Chris Fountain

True. But the 2019/20 LSU most likely would've handled that 2018/19 team about the same. They were resilient all the time.

Not sure I'd agree. The 2018/19 Clemson DL was better than half the starting D Lines in the NFL. 3 first round draft picks who all played well in the NFL. It would have been a fun game to watch.

Date: January 19, 2020 20:36

here we go, last full day of actual football (not counting XFL yet) for the season. let's hope we get 2 good games & no blowouts in any directions. i predicted both home teams to win but my heart is with the road teams, especially TEN. i'm old school & love a dominant running back with a good defense. i can't get behind SF being in the same division but they have done an admirable job putting that team together. they are lucky they didn't lose the D coordinator (Saleh is out of the Pete Carroll coaching tree). another year like this one & they will. with KC as much as i like Mahones its cancelled out by how much i dislike Tyreek Hill & how the whole episode with him went down. shouldn't be playing or at the very least only played a few games this year. GB is a rivalry but i have to like them because it is a team that isn't owned by billionaires. would be kind of cool to have them win it all on the 100th anniversary of the league.

Date: January 19, 2020 21:00

crholmstrom
here we go, last full day of actual football (not counting XFL yet) for the season. let's hope we get 2 good games & no blowouts in any directions. i predicted both home teams to win but my heart is with the road teams, especially TEN. i'm old school & love a dominant running back with a good defense. i can't get behind SF being in the same division but they have done an admirable job putting that team together. they are lucky they didn't lose the D coordinator (Saleh is out of the Pete Carroll coaching tree). another year like this one & they will. with KC as much as i like Mahones its cancelled out by how much i dislike Tyreek Hill & how the whole episode with him went down. shouldn't be playing or at the very least only played a few games this year. GB is a rivalry but i have to like them because it is a team that isn't owned by billionaires. would be kind of cool to have them win it all on the 100th anniversary of the league.

As a Seahawk fan I understand the disdain for the 49ers. When the situation was flipped I was the same way. I admit there was particular joy when GB won last week and look forward to a battle between 49ers and the local kid who wanted to be a 49er but ended up replacing Favre. I think it will be closer than the regular season game, but the 49er D Line is just too good with Dee Ford back. 27-23 49ers.

I also think Tennessee will beat KC unless KC can stop Derrick Henry. If Henry has 35 carries for 175 Mahomes won't be on the field enough to do his magic. The KC defense needs to not make business decisions against Henry like Revis did a few years ago. Also Reid has a poor record on championship Sunday. Aside from stopping Henry KC must force field goal attempts because the Titans kicking game sucks. 28-24 Titans

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: January 20, 2020 00:57

Mahomes is a BAD BOY! I love this guy.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: January 20, 2020 01:30

Are Terry Bradshaw and Mike Love twins separated at birth? confused smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-20 01:31 by Elmo Lewis.

Date: January 20, 2020 01:46

The Sicilian
keefriff99
The Sicilian
Erin Andrews is such a flirt, but she's sooo sexy. A little too much it seems during the post game interview Aaron Rodgers. I'll bet Mrs. Rodgers wasn't smiling during that interview.

Now we have an interesting AFC/NFC Championship day ahead of us. It's a tough call and could go either way with both games. It very well might be a SF vs Tennessee Super Bowl or KC vs Green Bay. I think NFL purists would like to see KC vs Green Bay. SF lucked out with the easiest route to the Super Bowl, if they win.
I'd take Erin Andrews over Danica Patrick any day.

I'll take them both! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

sorry this is late sicilian: would that be a sicilian sandwich possibly? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: January 20, 2020 04:25

when does XFL start? smoking smiley

Date: January 20, 2020 04:34

crholmstrom
when does XFL start? smoking smiley

After the Super Bowl. I know who you are rooting for. confused smiley

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: January 20, 2020 04:56

Wow, KC and San Fran looked really good today. Should be a great Superbowl.

Would like to mention that several American players who played up here in the CFL last year were given the opportunity to try out with NFL teams and a few of them did sign try out contracts. It sucks to see CFL all stars leave but hopefully they can fulfill their dreams of making the NFL!

Date: January 20, 2020 15:12

Damn. I knew that Green Bay couldn't overcome the 49ers, but it still sucked to see. I would have really liked to see Rodgers get one more ring before he retires, but it's getting less likely as each year passes.

Can the Chiefs' offense overcome the 49ers' defense? I actually have my doubts...it's starting to feel like San Francisco's year.

Date: January 20, 2020 15:58

keefriff99
Damn. I knew that Green Bay couldn't overcome the 49ers, but it still sucked to see. I would have really liked to see Rodgers get one more ring before he retires, but it's getting less likely as each year passes.

Can the Chiefs' offense overcome the 49ers' defense? I actually have my doubts...it's starting to feel like San Francisco's year.

its a good strength vs strength match up. i think a great defense beats a great offense most of the time. mahones is a definite wild card though. let's just hope its not a blow out either way. i think sf is going to win but really hate to see that, haha. except the super bowl hangover thing could be good for the seahawks.

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: January 20, 2020 18:01

d by: crholmstrom ()

keefriff99

its a good strength vs strength match up. i think a great defense beats a great offense most of the time. mahones is a definite wild card though. let's just hope its not a blow out either way. i think sf is going to win but really hate to see that, haha. except the super bowl hangover thing could be good for the seahawks.

Good defense by SF - I did not expect SF to rush for over 200 yards and I do not think they can do that again against chiefs. Jimmy is going to have to throw it( He only threw 8 passes for 77 yards) still not yet convinced he is a top super bowl quarterback. Patrick M will make it real tough for SF - I liked to see Andy Reid get a SB win.

Date: January 20, 2020 18:38

OpenG
d by: crholmstrom ()

keefriff99

Good defense by SF - I did not expect SF to rush for over 200 yards and I do not think they can do that again against chiefs. Jimmy is going to have to throw it( He only threw 8 passes for 77 yards) still not yet convinced he is a top super bowl quarterback. Patrick M will make it real tough for SF - I liked to see Andy Reid get a SB win.

Anyone who thinks Jimmy can't throw, rewatch the New Orleans game. Jimmy didn't pass because he didn't need to. If the front door is wide and but you have a key to the back door, would you walk in the front door or go around to the back door.

Mahomes hasn't faced a defensive line line the 49er's. I would not dispute Mahomes is the best young quarterback but there are only 3 who have given them a hard time. Lamar Jackson, Russell Wilson and Kyler Murray who are all running quarterbacks. Dee Ford was hurt for most of those games too.

I am not saying 49ers are a sure thing just as KC isn't. This potentially could be a great one.

Posted by: Mr. Jimi ()
Date: January 20, 2020 20:19

I'm a Pats fan, and have accepted the fact that we may be down for a little while; but I have to admit it was enjoyable to watch the playoffs this year from the perspective of just a football fan with no team to root for.

I have to admit, however, I think Aaron Rodgers is a bit of a fraud, I like his play, but he has only won 1 NFC championship; its a bit embarrassing to claim the guy is top 5 quarterback of all time and been to only one super bowl ten years ago . . .

As for rooting for a team in the Superbowl, I'm an AFC guy, so I will root for the Chiefs!

Date: January 20, 2020 22:36

Mr. Jimi
I'm a Pats fan, and have accepted the fact that we may be down for a little while; but I have to admit it was enjoyable to watch the playoffs this year from the perspective of just a football fan with no team to root for.

I have to admit, however, I think Aaron Rodgers is a bit of a fraud, I like his play, but he has only won 1 NFC championship; its a bit embarrassing to claim the guy is top 5 quarterback of all time and been to only one super bowl ten years ago . . .

As for rooting for a team in the Superbowl, I'm an AFC guy, so I will root for the Chiefs!

so you are saying neither drew brees nor rodgers are top 5 QBs?

Date: January 20, 2020 23:00

I think sports commentators have put way too much emphasis on "rings" to determine greatness.

I guess it started with Michael Jordan going 6-0 in the Finals in the '90s...now all ANYONE ever talks about is "how many rings does X have?".

Football ESPECIALLY is a TEAM sport. You can't put a great quarterback on a bad team and expect miracles. There are SO MANY things that need to go right before the QB has even thrown the ball...the O line needs to create a pocket, the receivers need to get open.

I love stats and it disturbs me how much they've been pushed aside in favor of the "# of rings" narrative.

You CAN'T look at Aaron Rodgers' and Drew Brees' stats and tell me they're not among the best of all time, one Super Bowl ring each be damned.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-20 23:18 by keefriff99.

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: January 20, 2020 23:07

keefriff99
I think sports commentators have put way too much emphasis on "rings" to determine greatness.

I guess it started with Michael Jordan going 6-0 in the Finals in the '90s...now all ANYONE talks about it "how many rings does X have?".

Football ESPECIALLY is a TEAM sport. You can't put a great quarterback on a bad team and expect miracles. There are SO MANY things that need to go right before the QB has even thrown the ball...the O line needs to create a pocket, the receivers need to get open.

I love stats and it disturbs me how much they've been pushed aside in favor of the "# of rings" narrative.

You CAN'T look at Aaron Rodgers' and Drew Brees' stats and not tell me they're not among the best of all time, one Super Bowl ring each be damned.

Agreed. Some of the greatest QB's never got the ring. Dan Marino is a good example. But, for me, that does not diminish his greatness in any way. There have been countless great players at all positions who never had the pleasure of winning a Super Bowl. A ring is not the measure of greatness in a team sport.

Date: January 20, 2020 23:15

keefriff99

I guess it started with Michael Jordan going 6-0 in the Finals in the '90s...now all ANYONE talks about it "how many rings does X have?".

You CAN'T look at Aaron Rodgers' and Drew Brees' stats and not tell me they're not among the best of all time, one Super Bowl ring each be damned.

Agreed. Trent Dilfer has a ring. Don't tell me Trent Dilfer is a top 500 QB. He had a Top 5 defense to help him out.

I am a 49er fan but will not dispute Mahomes is better than Jimmy G but I will take 49er Defense and running game over KC's.

Posted by: Mr. Jimi ()
Date: January 20, 2020 23:51

keefriffhard4life
Mr. Jimi

Umm. Yes of course. Are you suggesting brees and rodgers are top five all time? Whaaa? Rodgers and brees are stuck in the eli, rothsliburger, etc debate of 2nd tier hall of famers, certainly not upper echelon all time greats.

Date: January 21, 2020 00:43

Mr. Jimi
keefriffhard4life
Mr. Jimi

Umm. Yes of course. Are you suggesting brees and rodgers are top five all time? Whaaa? Rodgers and brees are stuck in the eli, rothsliburger, etc debate of 2nd tier hall of famers, certainly not upper echelon all time greats.

trolling hard

Posted by: DeadHead4Ever ()
Date: January 21, 2020 06:07

Go Niners!!!!!!!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2627282930313233343536Next
Current Page: 32 of 36

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1433
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home