Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2627282930313233343536Next
Current Page: 31 of 36
Re: OT: NFL 2019
Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: January 14, 2020 02:32

His elbow was clearly down

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: January 14, 2020 02:39

MisterDDDD
Great season by the Hawks!
Went wayyy further than any analysts predicted at the start of the season.

Never one to blame the refs or bad calls, because really it's your own fault for it being that close.. But.. they blew the first down call.. even after review.
Damn shame really, like to see a game of this magnitude play out on the field only.

That is bad angle on that screen shot as it was close but he was not down until he was right at the 1st down marker and replay was inconclusive.

But then again the Pack got screwed on the Seattle fumble so could have scored more points so it even out in the end.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-14 14:32 by oldschool.

Posted by: roryg ()
Date: January 14, 2020 03:42

Just saying [ftw.usatoday.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 14, 2020 03:55

umakmehrd
His elbow was clearly down

Yes - over the official first down marker on the sidelines of the field, but maybe not the imaginary unofficial computer generated yellow line used for television which was incorrect.

roryg

thumbs up

"But this is a good time to remind you all that the yellow line isn’t official and it isn’t always accurate … and that appeared to be the case here".

[twitter.com]

...lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-14 03:56 by Hairball.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 14, 2020 15:38

roryg

... what, exactly?

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: January 14, 2020 16:04

keefriffhard4life
stickyfingers101
keefriffhard4life
stickyfingers101
keefriffhard4life
MisterDDDD

Never one to blame the refs or bad calls, because really it's your own fault for it being that close.. But.. they blew the first down call.. even after review.
Damn shame really, like to see a game of this magnitude play out on the field only.

thats a bad screen shot. he's now down yet. he is a handful of inches from the first down at most

Pretty sure his face is down.

No such thing as down by face

Come on. There's no "down by buttcheek" or "elbow" or..or...or either....

Unless I am mistaken, it's "down by contact" the moment something OTHER than hand(s) or foot/feet hit the ground (w/ contact by an opposing player)....that includes the face.

Instant Replay is ruining the game anyway, so I am fine w/ the call on the field.

but, since we live in a world of (crappy) Instant Replay, I call "Down by Face" w/ the ball short of the line-to-gain.

DOWN BY FACE would be a cool band name....so would "Survive the Ground" (even if the latter was a horrible "rule").

i've never seen them spot the ball by looking at a helmet hitting the ground

You're completely changing topics....I never said "spot it where his face is."

they spot it where the ball is when he is "down by contact"...which is when his face is down.

was it a "bad spot" based on that? I dunno. It seems a LITTLE short after Instant Replay, but whatever....IR sux and the call was 'good enough' at full speed.

IMO.

the whole idea of "the chains" and "ref-spotting" ALWAYS has the potential for subjectivity by an inch or two or three anyway....it's called "human error"...

we accept it all the time...except when we don't.

they could put a GPS in the ball somehow and use technology if they want to be "exact"

it's this hyper-focus on minutiae and instant replay that is ruining football anyway.

IMO.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-14 16:05 by stickyfingers101.

Date: January 14, 2020 17:25

stickyfingers101
keefriffhard4life
stickyfingers101
keefriffhard4life
stickyfingers101
keefriffhard4life
MisterDDDD

thats a bad screen shot. he's now down yet. he is a handful of inches from the first down at most

Unless I am mistaken, it's "down by contact" the moment something OTHER than hand(s) or foot/feet hit the ground (w/ contact by an opposing player)....that includes the face.

Instant Replay is ruining the game anyway, so I am fine w/ the call on the field.

but, since we live in a world of (crappy) Instant Replay, I call "Down by Face" w/ the ball short of the line-to-gain.

DOWN BY FACE would be a cool band name....so would "Survive the Ground" (even if the latter was a horrible "rule").

they spot it where the ball is when he is "down by contact"...which is when his face is down.

was it a "bad spot" based on that? I dunno. It seems a LITTLE short after Instant Replay, but whatever....IR sux and the call was 'good enough' at full speed.

IMO.

the whole idea of "the chains" and "ref-spotting" ALWAYS has the potential for subjectivity by an inch or two or three anyway....it's called "human error"...

they could put a GPS in the ball somehow and use technology if they want to be "exact"

it's this hyper-focus on minutiae and instant replay that is ruining football anyway.

IMO.

that's my point. they look at the elbow, knee, etc to see when the player is down by contact. they never go lets see where the ball was when someone face mask hits the ground

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 14, 2020 18:30

keefriffhard4life
stickyfingers101
keefriffhard4life
stickyfingers101
keefriffhard4life
stickyfingers101
keefriffhard4life
MisterDDDD

IMO.

IMO.

that's my point. they look at the elbow, knee, etc to see when the player is down by contact. they never go lets see where the ball was when someone face mask hits the ground

as a hawks fan i have to say that giving up 21 points & going down 21-3 in the first half was a far bigger factor in the loss than the call. & lack of execution on the final offensive series. pains me to say it but i thought the call could've gone either way & jimmy graham most likely got it. am a bit puzzled that they didn't bring in the chains but i don't think that would've made a difference.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: January 14, 2020 22:37

I think the HAWKS have great fans and we have had a great season- Of course all will be well next season!!! R.W. is going to be around for times to come!!

Date: January 15, 2020 04:00

I think Joe Burrows is the real deal. I hope getting drafted by Cincy doesn't ruin him. While not as bad as Cleveland, still not a well run franchise. Burrows might be good enough to change that though.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: January 15, 2020 04:27

crholmstrom
I think Joe Burrows is the real deal. I hope getting drafted by Cincy doesn't ruin him. While not as bad as Cleveland, still not a well run franchise. Burrows might be good enough to change that though.

Agree completely. Trevor Lawrence will be number 1 in 2021. They will be competing for next 10 to 15 years.

Date: January 15, 2020 04:27

crholmstrom

There's some words, pure speculation, about how the Saints could sign Burrow. That would be cool. Brees visited Burrow at the Saints training facility in Kenner before the game. Burrow learned Brees' plays last summer. Pretty cool story, especially considering what LSU did in 2019 and, of course, topped off in 2020, with the team, and Burrow, setting all kinds of records along the way.

There's SEC football and then... college football.

Date: January 15, 2020 04:29

GasLightStreet
crholmstrom

There's some words, pure speculation, about how the Saints could sign Burrow. That would be cool. Brees visited Burrow at the Saints training facility in Kenner before the game. Burrow learned Brees' plays last summer. Pretty cool story, especially considering what LSU did in 2019 and, of course, topped off in 2020, with the team, and Burrow, setting all kinds of records along the way.

Sign? NFL has a draft. Saints don't have draft capital to even tempt Cincinnati.

Date: January 15, 2020 15:08

daspyknows
GasLightStreet
crholmstrom

Sign? NFL has a draft. Saints don't have draft capital to even tempt Cincinnati.

Of course they could sign him - after moving almost a dozen draft choices around.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: January 15, 2020 15:15

keefriffhard4life
stickyfingers101
keefriffhard4life
stickyfingers101
keefriffhard4life
stickyfingers101
keefriffhard4life
MisterDDDD

IMO.

IMO.

huh? That's exactly what they do....where was the ball when a body-part other than hands/feet hit the ground (ie. "down by contact")

we've worn this conversation out.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: January 15, 2020 15:16

After reading about Mike Brown's history owning the Bengals, there's no question they're THE worst-run franchise in the NFL, worse than the Browns.

Date: January 15, 2020 15:21

Graham was down where the first down line was, not the NFLONFOX line was.

I'm amazed they let Graham play he's gotten so bad.

Date: January 15, 2020 16:50

GasLightStreet

Graham is totally overrated. Something of a hack after he was separated from Drew Brees. The trade to the Hawks was definitely a win for the Saints especially when you take the salary cap implications into account.

Date: January 16, 2020 02:07

crholmstrom
GasLightStreet

Graham is totally overrated. Something of a hack after he was separated from Drew Brees. The trade to the Hawks was definitely a win for the Saints especially when you take the salary cap implications into account.

He really pissed me off. His last year as a Saint was a lie. I was surprised Seattle signed him. Even more surprised that Green Bay signed him.

Date: January 16, 2020 02:26

GasLightStreet
daspyknows
GasLightStreet
crholmstrom

No, they would have to trade for the rights to draft him. Let's see. They traded all the picks in one draft for Ricky Williams, Jared Goff cost the Rams 2 1's, 2 2's and 2 3's. The 49ers got 2 2's to go back one spot so Bears could draft Trubisky. I guess if they offered Cincinnati all their draft picks for next 3 to 5 years Cincinnati might bite on it. Mickey Loomis and Sean Payton are not that dumb.

Of course they could sign him - after moving almost a dozen draft choices around.

Date: January 16, 2020 04:12

daspyknows
GasLightStreet
daspyknows
GasLightStreet
crholmstrom

No, they would have to trade for the rights to draft him. Let's see. They traded all the picks in one draft for Ricky Williams, Jared Goff cost the Rams 2 1's, 2 2's and 2 3's. The 49ers got 2 2's to go back one spot so Bears could draft Trubisky. I guess if they offered Cincinnati all their draft picks for next 3 to 5 years Cincinnati might bite on it. Mickey Loomis and Sean Payton are not that dumb.

Yes I get it. However, none of those people are Joe Burrow. He'd be worth it.

Date: January 16, 2020 17:20

GasLightStreet
daspyknows
GasLightStreet
daspyknows
GasLightStreet
crholmstrom

Yes I get it. However, none of those people are Joe Burrow. He'd be worth it.

You would trade all draft picks for 3 to 5 years for the rights to draft one player? I am not disputing he is a great prospect but football is a team game with a salary cap and one great player is not enough to get a Lombardi. Assuming they reside 2 of the 3 currently on the roster QB doesn't appear to be a critical need. Resign Taysom Hill or Teddy Bridgewater and get another top receiver to compliment Thomas.

Date: January 16, 2020 17:44

No single player is worth that many draft picks...that would be a huge mistake for any team to make.

This isn't basketball, where one great player can carry you deep into the playoffs. The quarterback position needs the solid foundation of a good O-line, WRs, TEs, etc. to thrive.

If you gut your team prospects for a star QB, you've made a huge error.

Date: January 16, 2020 20:09

Remember when Mike Ditka fell in love with the stoner running back?

Date: January 17, 2020 13:49

think kc & sf are going to win this weekend with the kc game being close & sf destroying gb. kc ultimately wins the super bowl. now, bet totally opposite that & you'll probably be in the money given how this season has gone. smileys with beer

Date: January 17, 2020 14:46

The Saints won't give away draft choices to get Burrow. Everyone remembers what happened with Ricky Williams and the bust that he was. And the bust that Dikta was. And the bust that Bill Kuharich was.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: January 17, 2020 18:03

crholmstrom
think kc & sf are going to win this weekend with the kc game being close & sf destroying gb. kc ultimately wins the super bowl. now, bet totally opposite that & you'll probably be in the money given how this season has gone. smileys with beer

I agree with you 100%. However, if you are wrong, someone is going to quote my post and say " Your 100% agreement was not correct!!!!! " spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: January 17, 2020 18:05

crholmstrom

As much as I'd like to see KC vs SF, I think Titans can win with Derrick Henry chewing up the clock. KC held him to 180 yards last game I believe. If Tennessee holds the ball for 40 minutes running the ball KC in trouble. I think SF vs GB will be closer that the first game but think (hope) SF holds off a last minute ending.

Date: January 17, 2020 18:14

The Titans would be a great story.

I'm rooting for Rodgers to get a 2nd ring ultimately.

Failing that, either Chiefs or Titans would be acceptable to me.

Anybody but the 49ers.

Date: January 17, 2020 19:21

GasLightStreet
The Saints won't give away draft choices to get Burrow. Everyone remembers what happened with Ricky Williams and the bust that he was. And the bust that Dikta was. And the bust that Bill Kuharich was.

wonder if coach ditka ever torched one up with ricky. could help with the explosive temper issue. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2627282930313233343536Next
Current Page: 31 of 36

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1839
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home