Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829...LastNext
Current Page: 24 of 36
Re: OT: NFL 2019
Posted by: virgil ()
Date: December 30, 2019 13:57

Delay of game on the 1 during the final drive of the game, what? Your kidding me that’s inexcusable when the win would have given them a home playoff game. We would expect that in Cleveland, Cincinnati, Washington or Jets!! Jets!!Jets!!
Not Seattle I’m still perplexed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-12-30 14:08 by virgil.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: December 30, 2019 14:42

virgil
Delay of game on the 1 during the final drive of the game, what? Your kidding me that’s inexcusable when the win would have given them a home playoff game. We would expect that in Cleveland, Cincinnati, Washington or Jets!! Jets!!Jets!!

hawks are a 1.5 point fave in vegas. puzzling, given the amount of injuries on the hawks. they are almost as beat up as philly. should be a good game.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 30, 2019 15:55

virgil

Agree.
Pete said after the game "yeah, that one's on me"...
Another 1st and goal where all he had to do was give the ball to Lynch opportunity wasted. Ugh.

Fantastic coach, and he's taken them further than anyone expected this year, but that one was tough to see. Lynch would have pushed it in for his second TD of the night, and the momentum going forward would be huge.

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: December 30, 2019 21:28

forget the delay of game how about the blatant hold in the endzone the play before how do so many refs miss that call???? and why did it not go to review???

I'm still steaming...

Date: December 30, 2019 22:01

umakmehrd
forget the delay of game how about the blatant hold in the endzone the play before how do so many refs miss that call???? and why did it not go to review???

I'm still steaming...

ya, we got NO'd. that being said, the Hawks played so horribly in the first half i can't really get too steamed about it. we'll get 'em next week in Philly. GO HAWKS!

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: December 31, 2019 02:21

DaveG
crholmstrom
Beast Mode isn't embarrassing himself!

I’m a Seahawks fan but the whole team is doing a fine job of embarrassing themselves.

I'm looking forward to next season's meeting in Buffalo between Seattle and the Bills, but first up Houston.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 31, 2019 02:25

DGA35
Wow what an awesome game! Literally a game of inches. Delay of game penalty at the end really cost them. Tough loss for Seattle but from what I understand, they now go play Philly, who have a lot of injuries. If they won they would have played the Vikings at home next week. I think I would rather play Philly.

NFL absurdity at its finest - 11-5 team goes to play a 9-7 team. Pathetic.

It needs to be configured better - conference ranking. So even if you outright win your division at 9-7, if there are teams with better records and 9-7 doesn't get you in because of a 1-6 seeding, too bad. It's ridiculous that a team is "awarded" a playoff spot because they finish top in a division. As it is, suckass Philly would be in anyway - but on the road.

Seeing that the NFL is full of dissonance and a few other odd or horrible words I won't get into - they don't give a shit about making sense, to put it lightly.

Dallas is in the NFC East?

Seeing that the true (geographical) Midwest is Colorado, Nebraska, Wyoming, Kansas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, the Dakotas and, while in the eastern half of the country but still connected to the geographical Midwest because of the Middle part of Midwest: Missouri, Minnesota, Iowa - they're in the southern Midwest! If anything they should be in the NFC South and put Carolina in the NFC East.

Stoopid NFL.

Date: December 31, 2019 02:28

crholmstrom
umakmehrd

I'm still steaming...

ya, we got NO'd. that being said, the Hawks played so horribly in the first half i can't really get too steamed about it. we'll get 'em next week in Philly. GO HAWKS!

The way the Saints played against the Titans in the first half... had me furious: how does that bode for going into the playoffs? How does a good team play so pathetically? That can not be allowed to happen yet it does.

Date: December 31, 2019 02:29

MisterDDDD
virgil

Agree.
Another 1st and goal where all he had to do was give the ball to Lynch opportunity wasted. Ugh.

Fantastic coach, and he's taken them further than anyone expected this year, but that one was tough to see. Lynch would have pushed it in for his second TD of the night, and the momentum going forward would be huge.

Huh.

He seems intent on repeating past mistakes obviously.

Date: December 31, 2019 03:08

GasLightStreet
MisterDDDD
virgil

Agree.

Huh.

He seems intent on repeating past mistakes obviously.

he's oldest coach in league & it shows at unfortunate times. he's got 2 years left on his contract. i seriously suspect that there is a plan afoot to hire former UW coach Chris Petersen to replace him. i think it has been in the works for some time. Paul Allen was big UW booster/alumni & Petersen has stated that he would prefer to work in the pros. could be interesting.

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: December 31, 2019 04:16

I hope the Seahawks will not be left in the hands of a college-only coach of moderate success. Peterson would need to work as an assistant in the pros first, IMHO. It’ll be difficult for anyone to follow Pete in Seattle, some huge shoes to fill. He’s a legend here, but his gaffes are going to be remembered as much as his successes, those being his moment-killing decisions in the Super Bowl and again last night. But, I wouldn’t want anyone else here in Seattle. He is perfect for this team and this city and with GM John Schneider.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: December 31, 2019 04:44

Hopefully the bills win one for their crazy fan base.

Date: December 31, 2019 08:18

black n blue
Hopefully the bills win one for their crazy fan base.

There is one scenario that would be ideal for the Bills.

Buffalo wins at Houston and plays KC.
Tennessee wins at NE and plays Baltimore. (lowest seed)

Bills beat KC
Titans beat Ravens

AFC Championship game in Buffalo.

Bills win then go on and win Super Bowl.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: December 31, 2019 11:00

Whatever THE SICILIAN is smoking, I don't want any.

GO HAWKS.! In Wilson We Trust.Long live BEASTMODE.He is all about that action,boss.

How many Super Bowls have the Bills won? ZERO.

Buffalo is known for its hot wings, not championship caliber football. Uh oh.

Date: December 31, 2019 11:03

Midnight Toker
Whatever THE SICILIAN is smoking, I don't want any.

GO HAWKS.! In Wilson We Trust.Long live BEASTMODE.He is all about that action,boss.

How many Super Bowls have the Bills won? ZERO.

Buffalo is known for its hot wings, not championship caliber football. Uh oh.

now be nice. they are a good story this year & the fans are hardcore. they deserve to have some fun!

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: December 31, 2019 20:39

Agreed Bills are a great story this year, I'm hoping for a Bills win this weekend..

But lets go HAWKS... we are really banged up but I think no I know we can get through Philly

This is shaping up to be a hell of a Post season in the NFL !

Seahawks Superbowl New Stones Album in 2020 will be Perfect..

Happy New year you you all !

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: December 31, 2019 20:51

I understand the importance of division play and rivalry but the Hawks have the better record and have to go on road to play eagles.

Date: December 31, 2019 20:58

OpenG
I understand the importance of division play and rivalry but the Hawks have the better record and have to go on road to play eagles.

did you say the same thing a few years ago when the 7-9 hawks got a home game against the like 11-5 saints?

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: December 31, 2019 21:12

ed by: keefriffhard4life ()
Date: December 31, 2019 20:58

OpenG

did you say the same thing a few years ago when the 7-9 hawks got a home game against the like 11-5 saints?

I have no clue - your right it can work both ways for your team. I am not a true Hawk fan since we moved into the North West in 2016. I am a giants fan.

maybe they should use the best records for the playoff teams to address home games?.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: January 1, 2020 15:12

Well Seattle has not lost on the road this year. they actually beat Philly 17-9 a couple of months ago. However, Philly has won their last five in a row against questionable competition and Seattle has lost 4 out of their last 5 and nearly blew the Carolina game.

This is a very difficult game to pick from a handicapping standpoint. I don't know if injuries have taken their toll on the Hawks and if the Eagles are on the rise.

Date: January 1, 2020 16:47

Chris Fountain
Well Seattle has not lost on the road this year. they actually beat Philly 17-9 a couple of months ago. However, Philly has won their last five in a row against questionable competition and Seattle has lost 4 out of their last 5 and nearly blew the Carolina game.

This is a very difficult game to pick from a handicapping standpoint. I don't know if injuries have taken their toll on the Hawks and if the Eagles are on the rise.

the Hawks did lose to the Rams in LA a few weeks ago. injury situation still not optimal but they are getting Quandre Diggs back & possibly Duane Brown. on the bad side, Mychal Kendricks has been lost for the rest of the year. with all that, I think they have a good chance to win in Philly. should be a good game. I'd take Seahawks -1.5 if i were betting.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: January 1, 2020 17:11

crholmstrom
Chris Fountain

the Hawks did lose to the Rams in LA a few weeks ago. injury situation still not optimal but they are getting Quandre Diggs back & possibly Duane Brown. on the bad side, Mychal Kendricks has been lost for the rest of the year. with all that, I think they have a good chance to win in Philly. should be a good game. I'd take Seahawks -1.5 if i were betting.

Thanks for the correction - I hope they beat Philly not because they are the HAWKS but also it is really hard to like any team from the NFC East.

Date: January 2, 2020 16:38

2020 PLAYOFFS!

I know, this is daring - but I'm gonna go with the Titans over the Patriots. Patriots have been stinking it up lately.

Bills over the Texans (the Texans ALWAYS lose in the 1st round - it's pointless for them to make the playoffs).

NFC - based on how the Seahawks have been playing it's logical to pick the Eagles. Yet the Seahawks have (had?) the best chance of beating the 49ers. So... Seahawks hopefully.

Oh and the Saints, of course. I can not see them losing to the Vikings again.

Date: January 2, 2020 20:39

GasLightStreet

2020 PLAYOFFS!

I know, this is daring - but I'm gonna go with the Titans over the Patriots. Patriots have been stinking it up lately.

Bills over the Texans (the Texans ALWAYS lose in the 1st round - it's pointless for them to make the playoffs).

NFC - based on how the Seahawks have been playing it's logical to pick the Eagles. Yet the Seahawks have (had?) the best chance of beating the 49ers. So... Seahawks hopefully.

have you sent a large bribe to the officiating crew for the NO game yet? might not be a bad idea!

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: January 2, 2020 21:04

GasLightStreet
Hate to tell you but...
[www.youtube.com]

Date: January 2, 2020 21:39

ironbelly
GasLightStreet
Hate to tell you but...
[www.youtube.com]

Don't the Vikings have a ridiculous chant? Or is that the Bengals?

Date: January 3, 2020 02:11

Is that correct? Baltimore gets the lowest seed remaining as I understand it. So if Buffalo wins they go KC only if Tennessee wins.

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: January 4, 2020 02:28

The Sicilian
Is that correct? Baltimore gets the lowest seed remaining as I understand it. So if Buffalo wins they go KC only if Tennessee wins.

That is correct

Date: January 4, 2020 02:46

GasLightStreet
ironbelly
GasLightStreet
Hate to tell you but...
[www.youtube.com]

like "who dat"? winking smiley

Date: January 4, 2020 16:38

crholmstrom
GasLightStreet
ironbelly
GasLightStreet
Hate to tell you but...
[www.youtube.com]

like "who dat"? winking smiley

No. I said ridiculous.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829...LastNext
Current Page: 24 of 36

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1594
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home